BLT Steak - Waikiki
223 Saratoga Road
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak - Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bltsteak.com/
- Phone: 8086837440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Johan Svensson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View
A word from BLT Steak - Waikiki
BLT brings its signature culinary style and impeccable French technique to Honolulu’s famed Waikiki Beach. BLT Steak elevates the classic American steakhouse with signature style, French influence and all-around finesse. The menu offers prime cuts of beef, fresh seafood, a wide variety of tempting side dishes and classic American desserts. Regional blackboard specials feature local fish, local produce and a number of raw bar selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak - Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
BLT Steak - Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (47)romantic (37)notable wine list (30)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014Really nice restaurant setting, but the booth seats were very uncomfortable - the cushion was too soft and each person "sunk" too low into the seat - we had to sit on the extra pillows. The service was okay, but not impressive - plus, the rib eye steak was not cooked to order, but was not burned, just tough. Onion rings were delivered very late ie, following all entrees.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014We splurge one night while on vacation and do a big beef night . BLT in Honolulu was perfect for this treat. The Beef was correct and sides were off the hook. Service and atmosphere were the most . I highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPIRANHADined on 9/17/2014As usual, we had a great dinner. This is by far my favorite restaurant in Hawaii.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend.Kahalagal808Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good and came prepared as ordered. The lump crab meat appetizer is one of my recommended favorites, as is the Popovers with butter and salt. Service was excellent...waiter Chris' recommendations were spot-on. Was nice to have a bit of leftovers to take home for midnite snack. The music was a bit distracting and loud...something more soothing would have been more conducive to the ambiance. I look foward to dining there whenever staying in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyEddieGDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is the epothomy of consistency, service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good to make a reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Because we made a reservation, we were able to eat at a terrace seat. So,We were able to watch fireworks on Friday. The meat of the rib eye was good taste.The hash potato was slightly salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayLDined on 9/11/2014Great service but food was only average and not worth the high prices.Special Features:
- Only the letter size of the menu...TboneOishiiDined on 9/10/2014Food, drinks, service and ambiance were all very excellent! I am sure to come back BLT whenever I come to visit Honolulu again! Only one thing I would like to mention is that the menu was so hard to read in candle light because the letters were all so small specially for the elder like us. I didn't expect I should have brought my glasses. I would be grateful if the menu is written in a little larger letters. Anyway, I really enjoyed the time at BLT. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT experienceBLTDining1Dined on 9/10/2014The appetisers and seafood was great. The Oasters variety and freshness were to kill for. Surprisingly the steak was over cooked for Med rare and was pricey for what we got. Will have to try the steaks again. But overall great device and I would go back again & recommend the restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectFood4ThoughtDined on 9/5/2014We are a fan of BLT Steak in NYC so anytime we see one while traveling, we have to dine there. This one doesn't disappoint, just perfect from start to finish.....Special Features:
- Love BLTLindajsweetpeaVIPDined on 9/4/2014We dine at BLT everytimewe visit Oahu,cwhich is often. We love the restaurant, food and service. Parking is easy as well.Special Features:
- Always awesomemawrtianVIPDined on 8/29/2014I'm still amazed when I hear people say they had a bad time at BLT. The food is great, both the standard menu items and the specials are always so fresh and flavorful. I have a noise and very pleasant waitstaff and this is a great place to be a 'regular'. This is a great restaurant both for special occasions and just at the end of a long day when you need a good meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingSurfDadDined on 8/24/2014We were staying at the Trump and went to BLT Steak downstairs expecting a great meal. We were taken outside without choice - had to ask to be moved inside. Hostess seemed put-off that we asked to be moved. Wait staff are friendly but overworked. Had to ask for menus. Had to ask for water to be refilled, had to ask after our drinks order. Steaks delivered in cast iron pan, which is nice - but the steak itself had no sear, no crust - it was more med than med-rare as ordered. Daughter's steak was ordered "blue" but delivered medium. Chewy and bland. A crime for such good meat. To their credit, they comp'd her steak (which she barely touched). It was our last night in Oahu, this was a very disappointing meal.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and i celebrated our 3 year anniversary here and Loved the whole experience. The wait staff was welcoming, courteous and informativem while the food was top 1 or 2 on the island and on par with some of the best restaurants around the country. i give it a 9.5 on a scale of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJandaDined on 8/22/2014We have a little one and they were very accommodating and always, great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service808510Dined on 8/21/2014Came here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. Staff was awesome. They even brought out dessert with a candle that I had requested when I made the reservations.Special Features:
- Great food and obviously a hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014From the food to presentation and staff, it was all 5 star - which is exactly what you expect from this wonderful steakhouse located in the Trump hotel. I would recommend giving yourself at least three hours to fully enjoy this place. I estimated two hours and was nearly late for plane out that same night. The General Manager and the servers assistant, however were more than accommodating to our needs for a quick ending to dinner and made sure we were satisfied before leaving. Will definitely be back. Ps- almost made the mistake of skipping dessert. Was so glad we did not! The dragon fruit cheesecake was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeeDined on 8/18/2014The food is always excellent when we go here. I'm a big fan of the blackboard menu since it gives us a few new choices every time we go. We had the scallops agnolotti, Kansas CAB w/ the bone-in and bone marrow, hanger steak, and a bunch of sides. The portions are always really big too, so even it seems expensive at times, you can always share or take it home for another full meal. :) We also really enjoyed the dragon fruit cheesecake; it was an unexpected delight.Special Features:
- Meh, Riding off of Trump name?IMeMineDined on 8/17/2014Disorganized service staff. Early on felt like they wanted to flip table 3x that night (6pm dinner) then we were forgotten. Pop ups came 3/4 through entree service; then another 20 minutes to clear plates, then another 10 minutes to bring dessert menu, then another 20 minutes to bring check. And this isn't a romantic atmosphere, lots of bustle full of foreign tourists and if you sit outside you deal with noisy buses and some will idle their exhaust across the street. Food was OK but nothing there left me wanting to return regardless of service. I think I understand their philosophy but don't agree with it.Special Features:
- Service was WONDERFULJohnVIPDined on 8/15/2014We decided on BLT because it was close to our hotel. The steak melted in your mouth and our waiter Spencer was GREAT!!! He knew the menu and made recommendations based on our diets. Truly a great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lowestsakuraDined on 8/14/2014Although I have a reservation ,it also had to 30 minutes. Besides,I was allowed to dine at the bar conner. The atmosphere was the lowest. I do not want to go twice. People shop , to say double booking in a dignified manner,alot of people have been waitinng.
- Kauai VisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014A wonderful restaurant Popovers are world class. A little overcrowded and noisy. High end steaks a little pricy. Server was the best we have experienced in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from japankyoheifDined on 7/31/2014I was able to spend a great time. Thank you. Service also was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestdinnerisgoodDined on 7/27/2014This is my 3rd trip to Hawaii in the past year and BLT has been at least one of our dinners on each trip, and often two. Can't ask for better steaks, lobster salad is excellent starter to share and the peanut butter chocolate dessert is to die for. Service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMcshawaii2Dined on 7/22/2014One of the best restaurants in Oahu. The wait staff is professional. The food is divine. And the popovers are heavenly.Special Features:
- PonsonbyDined on 7/10/2014v good food, pop bread fantastic, servings very generous (probably too large), service very friendly, quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner, except dessertEricDined on 7/4/2014Foods were all good except for dessert, great service. crab cake, tuna tartare, seared scallop, butterfish, American Wagyu steak with prawns. Unfortunately, Strawberry shortcake was dry and hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak restaurantRyosan07Dined on 7/4/2014It was amazing. I love BLT. It is good for dating with your gf or bf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT regularFoodieinParadiseDined on 7/3/2014We've gone to BLT several times already, as it is in our neighborhood and a great place to take out of town guests. We've always had a great experience and because we go so often, we even have our "Staple Menu" down pat. The tuna tartare and the Lobster Cobb Salad are must haves. We also love that the steak can be shareable if you get a big enough cut. The last time we visited, I was pregnant, so I couldn't share in the medium rare steak, but t had the Opah Belly instead as suggested by our waiter and that was also delicious. Note: service here is usually great, but had to wait 20-30 mins despite reservations last two times. Front desk women is VERY rude and unpleasant, but generous general manager and attentive waiters made up for it.Special Features:
- outstandingjroushVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food and service was second to none and the staff was as friendly as ever. I have never had a bad experience at BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 外せない一軒halloveHAWAIIDined on 6/27/2014ハワイを訪れるたびに必ず伺う一軒。ステーキはもちろん、付け合わせのパンが最高に美味！！牡蠣の季節はオイスターカクテルもマスト。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great BLTDonnVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had another fantastic dinner at BLT Waikiki. We asked for and received a table in a quieter area, which also was outside. Everything was excellent. We'd return again -- as we did this time.Special Features:
- Worst steakhouse everbltnot4meDined on 6/21/2014service from the start was very poor. they had given us menus that had different prices. they had just printed new menus and never took the time to pull the old ones out. we had 4 old menus and 1 new menu. server was scatter brained. he took the order from 3 of us then left for awhile then returned to take the the order from the other 2 people we had with us. steak quality although advertised as being good quality had a lot of gristle and we all had a hard time cutting through the meat without a struggle (knives were not sharp). steaks were also less than flavorful. onion rings were very oily. we were told complementary brownie desserts were going to be served but they never came. i would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Great for veg and meat loversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014They have good options for both carnivores as well as vegetarians. Prix fixe was as good deal for $70 which included a salad, main course, side dish and dessert selection. What felt odd though was that we were seated outside as it felt as though they sat the "asians" outside and the caucasians "inside" the restaurant. Another "local" couple baulked when they tried to seat them outside and they got to sit inside the restaurant. Maybe it was because we were not dressed in suit and tie?!? The NY steak was perfectly prepared and my wife totally enjoyed the brussels sprouts. Oh and the popovers are totally delicious with a crispy crust and moist inside.Special Features:
- Yorkshire puddingHJSReviewsDined on 6/20/2014I did not feel that this steak house met my expectations as far as quality and preparation. I usually don't need sauces to consume my steaks. My wife ordered the Onaga which was cooked on top and totally raw on the bottom, we sent it back and it was finished and she enjoyed it. The appetizers were ok but the Yorkshire pudding and salmon pate were great. The $12.00 (12oz) bottles of Sapporo were a bit steep as the Heineken were only $5.00. I don't mind spending the money for great dining and this experience allows me to only give BLT an average rating.
- Not Your Average SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014BLT has great steaks but it is much more. The tuna poke appetizer is amazing. We also tried the tomato salad with bacon vinaigrette, which was also excellent. For entrees we tried the ribeye and the parmesan crusted veal chop, plus onion rings, BBQ corn and asparagus as sides. We loved our dinner and the tiny brownies the restaurant gives you for desert were a perfect ending. BLT is on the expensive side but worth it in our view. Our only complaint was that the cost of the double espresso at the end of the meal -- $9.50 -- was too high. So skip the espresso and have one of BLT's side dishes instead.Special Features:
- Expensive, but not quite thereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/17/2014Cost is right up there with the best steakhouses, but the quality of the food and the service level are really not there. I've eaten there twice now and same experience both times. Long wait at the host stand, even with reservations; strange timing of courses (slow first course, then too fast with second); food that is "ok", etc. Best to save the money and visit a "real" steakhouse.
- Fabulous spot for dinner in WaikikiLindsey619VIPDined on 6/16/2014My husband and I were in Hawaii celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We decided to try BLT for dinner one night and we weren't sorry. OMG this place is fabulous, and i am from Chicago, city of steakhouses. First off, the bread and chicken liver pate - to die for (and I hate liver). Then the popovers… heaven. Absolute heaven. We both had filets, perfectly cooked, and hash browns. Again, excellent. Only regret is that we didn't have dessert, but the complimentary chocolate chip brownies made up for it. Excellent service, ambiance, and food. Run, don't walk here!Special Features:
- Vs65VSfoodDined on 6/15/2014Food was good quality. Our server had a good sense of humour. However it came at a price - it is a place that you would only go once because of the cost yet it is not a place that has a feeling of a special occasion or intimate romance. It is trying to be a 'brand' steak restaurant, but does not succeed as a dining experience for couples. Maybe that is exactly the point of this place set in the middle of touristy Waikiki.Special Features:
- Came highly recommendedCatgDined on 6/11/2014The steak was the best I have ever had! Everything about the place was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.