BLT Steak - Waikiki
223 Saratoga Road
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak - Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bltsteak.com/
- Phone: 8086837440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Johan Svensson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View
- Private Party Facilities: BLT Waikiki offers a Private Dining Space which seats up to 24 guests (and 40 standing) comfortably and can expand to even more with use of our beautiful adjoined patio.
- Private Party Contact: Cy Carnate 8086837440
A word from BLT Steak - Waikiki
BLT brings its signature culinary style and impeccable French technique to Honolulu’s famed Waikiki Beach. BLT Steak elevates the classic American steakhouse with signature style, French influence and all-around finesse. The menu offers prime cuts of beef, fresh seafood, a wide variety of tempting side dishes and classic American desserts. Regional blackboard specials feature local fish, local produce and a number of raw bar selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak - Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
BLT Steak - Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (45)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (22)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always awesomemawrtianVIPDined on 8/29/2014I'm still amazed when I hear people say they had a bad time at BLT. The food is great, both the standard menu items and the specials are always so fresh and flavorful. I have a noise and very pleasant waitstaff and this is a great place to be a 'regular'. This is a great restaurant both for special occasions and just at the end of a long day when you need a good meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingSurfDadDined on 8/24/2014We were staying at the Trump and went to BLT Steak downstairs expecting a great meal. We were taken outside without choice - had to ask to be moved inside. Hostess seemed put-off that we asked to be moved. Wait staff are friendly but overworked. Had to ask for menus. Had to ask for water to be refilled, had to ask after our drinks order. Steaks delivered in cast iron pan, which is nice - but the steak itself had no sear, no crust - it was more med than med-rare as ordered. Daughter's steak was ordered "blue" but delivered medium. Chewy and bland. A crime for such good meat. To their credit, they comp'd her steak (which she barely touched). It was our last night in Oahu, this was a very disappointing meal.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and i celebrated our 3 year anniversary here and Loved the whole experience. The wait staff was welcoming, courteous and informativem while the food was top 1 or 2 on the island and on par with some of the best restaurants around the country. i give it a 9.5 on a scale of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJandaDined on 8/22/2014We have a little one and they were very accommodating and always, great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Came here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. Staff was awesome. They even brought out dessert with a candle that I had requested when I made the reservations.Special Features:
- Great food and obviously a hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014From the food to presentation and staff, it was all 5 star - which is exactly what you expect from this wonderful steakhouse located in the Trump hotel. I would recommend giving yourself at least three hours to fully enjoy this place. I estimated two hours and was nearly late for plane out that same night. The General Manager and the servers assistant, however were more than accommodating to our needs for a quick ending to dinner and made sure we were satisfied before leaving. Will definitely be back. Ps- almost made the mistake of skipping dessert. Was so glad we did not! The dragon fruit cheesecake was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeeDined on 8/18/2014The food is always excellent when we go here. I'm a big fan of the blackboard menu since it gives us a few new choices every time we go. We had the scallops agnolotti, Kansas CAB w/ the bone-in and bone marrow, hanger steak, and a bunch of sides. The portions are always really big too, so even it seems expensive at times, you can always share or take it home for another full meal. :) We also really enjoyed the dragon fruit cheesecake; it was an unexpected delight.Special Features:
- Meh, Riding off of Trump name?IMeMineDined on 8/17/2014Disorganized service staff. Early on felt like they wanted to flip table 3x that night (6pm dinner) then we were forgotten. Pop ups came 3/4 through entree service; then another 20 minutes to clear plates, then another 10 minutes to bring dessert menu, then another 20 minutes to bring check. And this isn't a romantic atmosphere, lots of bustle full of foreign tourists and if you sit outside you deal with noisy buses and some will idle their exhaust across the street. Food was OK but nothing there left me wanting to return regardless of service. I think I understand their philosophy but don't agree with it.Special Features:
- Service was WONDERFULJohnVIPDined on 8/15/2014We decided on BLT because it was close to our hotel. The steak melted in your mouth and our waiter Spencer was GREAT!!! He knew the menu and made recommendations based on our diets. Truly a great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lowestsakuraDined on 8/14/2014Although I have a reservation ,it also had to 30 minutes. Besides,I was allowed to dine at the bar conner. The atmosphere was the lowest. I do not want to go twice. People shop , to say double booking in a dignified manner,alot of people have been waitinng.
- Kauai VisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014A wonderful restaurant Popovers are world class. A little overcrowded and noisy. High end steaks a little pricy. Server was the best we have experienced in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from japankyoheifDined on 7/31/2014I was able to spend a great time. Thank you. Service also was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestdinnerisgoodDined on 7/27/2014This is my 3rd trip to Hawaii in the past year and BLT has been at least one of our dinners on each trip, and often two. Can't ask for better steaks, lobster salad is excellent starter to share and the peanut butter chocolate dessert is to die for. Service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMcshawaii2Dined on 7/22/2014One of the best restaurants in Oahu. The wait staff is professional. The food is divine. And the popovers are heavenly.Special Features:
- PonsonbyDined on 7/10/2014v good food, pop bread fantastic, servings very generous (probably too large), service very friendly, quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner, except dessertEricDined on 7/4/2014Foods were all good except for dessert, great service. crab cake, tuna tartare, seared scallop, butterfish, American Wagyu steak with prawns. Unfortunately, Strawberry shortcake was dry and hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak restaurantRyosan07Dined on 7/4/2014It was amazing. I love BLT. It is good for dating with your gf or bf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT regularFoodieinParadiseDined on 7/3/2014We've gone to BLT several times already, as it is in our neighborhood and a great place to take out of town guests. We've always had a great experience and because we go so often, we even have our "Staple Menu" down pat. The tuna tartare and the Lobster Cobb Salad are must haves. We also love that the steak can be shareable if you get a big enough cut. The last time we visited, I was pregnant, so I couldn't share in the medium rare steak, but t had the Opah Belly instead as suggested by our waiter and that was also delicious. Note: service here is usually great, but had to wait 20-30 mins despite reservations last two times. Front desk women is VERY rude and unpleasant, but generous general manager and attentive waiters made up for it.Special Features:
- outstandingjroushVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food and service was second to none and the staff was as friendly as ever. I have never had a bad experience at BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 外せない一軒halloveHAWAIIDined on 6/27/2014ハワイを訪れるたびに必ず伺う一軒。ステーキはもちろん、付け合わせのパンが最高に美味！！牡蠣の季節はオイスターカクテルもマスト。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great BLTDonnVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had another fantastic dinner at BLT Waikiki. We asked for and received a table in a quieter area, which also was outside. Everything was excellent. We'd return again -- as we did this time.Special Features:
- Worst steakhouse everbltnot4meDined on 6/21/2014service from the start was very poor. they had given us menus that had different prices. they had just printed new menus and never took the time to pull the old ones out. we had 4 old menus and 1 new menu. server was scatter brained. he took the order from 3 of us then left for awhile then returned to take the the order from the other 2 people we had with us. steak quality although advertised as being good quality had a lot of gristle and we all had a hard time cutting through the meat without a struggle (knives were not sharp). steaks were also less than flavorful. onion rings were very oily. we were told complementary brownie desserts were going to be served but they never came. i would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Great for veg and meat loversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014They have good options for both carnivores as well as vegetarians. Prix fixe was as good deal for $70 which included a salad, main course, side dish and dessert selection. What felt odd though was that we were seated outside as it felt as though they sat the "asians" outside and the caucasians "inside" the restaurant. Another "local" couple baulked when they tried to seat them outside and they got to sit inside the restaurant. Maybe it was because we were not dressed in suit and tie?!? The NY steak was perfectly prepared and my wife totally enjoyed the brussels sprouts. Oh and the popovers are totally delicious with a crispy crust and moist inside.Special Features:
- Yorkshire puddingHJSReviewsDined on 6/20/2014I did not feel that this steak house met my expectations as far as quality and preparation. I usually don't need sauces to consume my steaks. My wife ordered the Onaga which was cooked on top and totally raw on the bottom, we sent it back and it was finished and she enjoyed it. The appetizers were ok but the Yorkshire pudding and salmon pate were great. The $12.00 (12oz) bottles of Sapporo were a bit steep as the Heineken were only $5.00. I don't mind spending the money for great dining and this experience allows me to only give BLT an average rating.
- Not Your Average SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014BLT has great steaks but it is much more. The tuna poke appetizer is amazing. We also tried the tomato salad with bacon vinaigrette, which was also excellent. For entrees we tried the ribeye and the parmesan crusted veal chop, plus onion rings, BBQ corn and asparagus as sides. We loved our dinner and the tiny brownies the restaurant gives you for desert were a perfect ending. BLT is on the expensive side but worth it in our view. Our only complaint was that the cost of the double espresso at the end of the meal -- $9.50 -- was too high. So skip the espresso and have one of BLT's side dishes instead.Special Features:
- Expensive, but not quite thereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/17/2014Cost is right up there with the best steakhouses, but the quality of the food and the service level are really not there. I've eaten there twice now and same experience both times. Long wait at the host stand, even with reservations; strange timing of courses (slow first course, then too fast with second); food that is "ok", etc. Best to save the money and visit a "real" steakhouse.
- Fabulous spot for dinner in WaikikiLindsey619VIPDined on 6/16/2014My husband and I were in Hawaii celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We decided to try BLT for dinner one night and we weren't sorry. OMG this place is fabulous, and i am from Chicago, city of steakhouses. First off, the bread and chicken liver pate - to die for (and I hate liver). Then the popovers… heaven. Absolute heaven. We both had filets, perfectly cooked, and hash browns. Again, excellent. Only regret is that we didn't have dessert, but the complimentary chocolate chip brownies made up for it. Excellent service, ambiance, and food. Run, don't walk here!Special Features:
- Vs65VSfoodDined on 6/15/2014Food was good quality. Our server had a good sense of humour. However it came at a price - it is a place that you would only go once because of the cost yet it is not a place that has a feeling of a special occasion or intimate romance. It is trying to be a 'brand' steak restaurant, but does not succeed as a dining experience for couples. Maybe that is exactly the point of this place set in the middle of touristy Waikiki.Special Features:
- Came highly recommendedCatgDined on 6/11/2014The steak was the best I have ever had! Everything about the place was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Short RibsJetFlexMCTDined on 6/11/2014Great service...The pate with baguettes was a nice touch, and cocktails were strong. Also had the braised short ribs which was served in a cast iron pot it appeared. All delicious; will certainly recommend to clients & others, and I will be be back for sure.Special Features:
- Very nice placeLawrenceDined on 6/6/2014I have gone twice now, once with a group of 4 friends and once just with my wife. The food is very good, particularly the sides. I actually prefer the steak at Wolfgang's, but what brings me to BLT is everything else. The music is great, the service is amazing, and the sides are delicious. Don't get me wrong, the steak is awesome as well, it is my second-favorite steak in Waikiki. The drinks are perfect as well. Conveniently located near Ft. Derussey parking lot, the location is very close to both the beach and lots of other cool places to eat and drink.Special Features:
- just oknotafoodieDined on 6/6/2014With all the rave reviews I had high expectations. .. so a bit disappointed. I think the highlight of the meal for me was the pop overs. . Delicious and I could have probably just ate that . They also give you chicken pate, which was very sharp tasting, didn't like that at all. I had the 14 oz ribeye , tender but tasted like a regular steak not much flavor. Also had the sides barbecue corn, sweet but not outstanding and very teeny portions. Had the Hashbrowns tasty but again not outstanding. Husband had the chicken, said sauce was good and tender but average. Service was excellent and staff very attentive but all in all probably would not go back , much too pricey for average fare.Special Features:
- What a treat!RyanideDined on 6/1/2014Started with the Vegetable Chop salad, and the complimentary popovers. So yummy! Shared the Short ribs that were cooked and served in a single pot (cooked individually), they were so tender that it just fell off the bone and surprisingly they were very tasty without being heavily salted. The peanut butter chocolate mouse dessert was dreamy. On top of excellent food, the service was top notch. BEST MAI TAI's in Hawaii!! Don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BLTcrwill65Dined on 6/1/2014The service was overwhelmingly superb, as usual. The food was great and cooked as request. For example, my medium ribeye was actually medium. I highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd with a 3 wall & street viewBellaLMDDined on 5/31/2014Hostess tried to sit us in a strange corner booth with the only other people in the restaurant. The whole of us were confused and informed the hostess very awkwardly that we did not know these people and did not want to sit with them. After directing us back to the door, she took more than 5 minutes to find us another table. Mind you, all of the other tables were empty. As for the food, you will be nickled and dimed in exorbitant amounts. I have dined all over the world and never have I seen, for example, a $12 basic baked potato. Save yourself the dismay and go to Chop's where the food is excellent, the staff is competent, courteous, English speaking, cheerful and happy and the view is incredible!
- PrecuaoneDined on 5/26/2014Outstanding................................................................Special Features:
- Always a great place to dinemarct808VIPDined on 5/24/2014Always awesome food and awesome service! We have been dining here for a while and really love this place. It's our favorite restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sitting in the rainBigDaddy1231Dined on 5/24/2014Ok, not quite but they will have to fix some of the leaks and prune their greenery a little better. Sitting outside facing the street wasn't exactly the "ambiance" I was looking for especially from Trump Towers. If it was on the 3rd floor or higher I can see that as a plus but not on the ground floor. Looking up, off to the side I was concerned one of our guest would be hit by the rain... They did acknowledge the reason for being there (a birthday) and that was great, including the cheesecake birthday slice as well. Our server and support did a great job with service without intrusion. Being there and not an interruption, they handled every aspect with aplomb and diplomacy.Special Features:
- COUSIN FRED BDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/22/2014We came in @6 on a Thursday with 7 people to celebrate my cousin's Bday The food was outstanding and I have decided that the Steaks here are better than the other High end Steakhouses in town!!!!!!! You must have Char on a good Steak !!!!!! Service was good we enjoyed Tyron ? our server very much. Good to chat with Andrew as well See you soon!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meat, priceyFlipDined on 5/20/2014I am all about quality food and I don't mind paying for it, but in this case I wouldn't recommend the appetizers (except the Tuna tartare). The meat is amazing, portions are large so you can definitely share. Sides are purchased separately and they are ok. $12 for steamed rice "ok". Don't miss the desserts, the crepe souffle is great. Over all it is a great steak restaurant if you're smart about what you choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.