BLT Steak - Waikiki
223 Saratoga Road
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak - Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bltsteak.com/
- Phone: 8086837440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Johan Svensson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View
A word from BLT Steak - Waikiki
BLT brings its signature culinary style and impeccable French technique to Honolulu’s famed Waikiki Beach. BLT Steak elevates the classic American steakhouse with signature style, French influence and all-around finesse. The menu offers prime cuts of beef, fresh seafood, a wide variety of tempting side dishes and classic American desserts. Regional blackboard specials feature local fish, local produce and a number of raw bar selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak - Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
BLT Steak - Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (50)romantic (33)notable wine list (29)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A mixed nightAc52Dined on 10/11/2014Arrived at exact time of booking to a very disorganized maître d, on giving our name for the booking we were told, you will have to wait. When asked how long we must wait 15/30 mins? Her reply was I just don't know. We perched for a while and fortunately after some 10 minutes a senior waiter saw our predicament and sorted a table for us. It was though in the bar not the restaurant. Obviously over booked and given our booking was made 3 days prior this was very poor. Our waiter same guy was superb and along with the very good food saved the night for BLT. Bar beside our table very noisy
- The Best SteaksFood4allDined on 10/10/2014Every time we visit Waikiki with out and exception we always dine at BLT. Everything about this restaurant is excellent. By far the best choice steaks I have had the pleasure of experiencing. The wait staff are so professional and well informed of their menus and wines. Just an all over excellent dining experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutOccasionalDinerDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I visited BLT for the first time during our romantic 3-night getaway in Waikiki and it did not disappoint. The service was impeccable. The staff graciously relocated us from the bar area to a table on the lanai without any trouble. Our waiter had a great demeanor and was always checking in on us without it feeling overbearing. The crab cake and Ahi appetizers were delicious. The braised short ribs with gnocchi as a side were amazing! I could tell my wife really enjoyed the evening out and I did as well. Would definitely recommend BLT to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedksd20Dined on 10/5/2014we had very good time at this restaurant, and were very satisfied with food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Im a completely satisfied customerAwesomesauceDined on 10/3/2014My reservation was ready well before my time and as I arrived earlier than my time, they offered my table because it was ready 30 minutes ahead. Servers and waiters were outstanding! Very attentive and willing to serve. When our food came out, one of the stakes were not well done as requested. Once we brought it to their attention, they quickly took it back to correct the order and our waiter and I think a manager came to apologize more than once. Other than that, the food, service and overall experience was exceptional. I truly a completely satisfied customer and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT was splendidKarnivoreDined on 10/1/2014So thoroughly enjoyed BLT . . . best steak and lamb ever. The side dishes were exciting with exotic flavors and different from other steak houses, salads tasty and the surprise of the evening was the popover bread - wow. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- WillDined on 9/30/2014This is the second time that we have had dinner at BLT. Last time our table near the entrance was unsatisfactory. This time we were accommodated with a better table. The food was extraordinary and the service from Russell was second to none. We know because we fine dine once per month. He was very knowledgeable , pleasant and was just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Whole FishChuckVIPDined on 9/28/2014Its not always available but ask for the whole fish in soy sauce, AMAZING ! Also, don't forget the popovers, always a table favorite. Obviously, the steaks are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014Really nice restaurant setting, but the booth seats were very uncomfortable - the cushion was too soft and each person "sunk" too low into the seat - we had to sit on the extra pillows. The service was okay, but not impressive - plus, the rib eye steak was not cooked to order, but was not burned, just tough. Onion rings were delivered very late ie, following all entrees.Special Features:
- Special OccasionPeteyfatzmoDined on 9/18/2014We splurge one night while on vacation and do a big beef night . BLT in Honolulu was perfect for this treat. The Beef was correct and sides were off the hook. Service and atmosphere were the most . I highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPIRANHADined on 9/17/2014As usual, we had a great dinner. This is by far my favorite restaurant in Hawaii.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend.Kahalagal808Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good and came prepared as ordered. The lump crab meat appetizer is one of my recommended favorites, as is the Popovers with butter and salt. Service was excellent...waiter Chris' recommendations were spot-on. Was nice to have a bit of leftovers to take home for midnite snack. The music was a bit distracting and loud...something more soothing would have been more conducive to the ambiance. I look foward to dining there whenever staying in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyEddieGDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is the epothomy of consistency, service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good to make a reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Because we made a reservation, we were able to eat at a terrace seat. So,We were able to watch fireworks on Friday. The meat of the rib eye was good taste.The hash potato was slightly salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayLDined on 9/11/2014Great service but food was only average and not worth the high prices.Special Features:
- Only the letter size of the menu...TboneOishiiDined on 9/10/2014Food, drinks, service and ambiance were all very excellent! I am sure to come back BLT whenever I come to visit Honolulu again! Only one thing I would like to mention is that the menu was so hard to read in candle light because the letters were all so small specially for the elder like us. I didn't expect I should have brought my glasses. I would be grateful if the menu is written in a little larger letters. Anyway, I really enjoyed the time at BLT. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT experienceBLTDining1Dined on 9/10/2014The appetisers and seafood was great. The Oasters variety and freshness were to kill for. Surprisingly the steak was over cooked for Med rare and was pricey for what we got. Will have to try the steaks again. But overall great device and I would go back again & recommend the restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectFood4ThoughtDined on 9/5/2014We are a fan of BLT Steak in NYC so anytime we see one while traveling, we have to dine there. This one doesn't disappoint, just perfect from start to finish.....Special Features:
- Love BLTLindajsweetpeaVIPDined on 9/4/2014We dine at BLT everytimewe visit Oahu,cwhich is often. We love the restaurant, food and service. Parking is easy as well.Special Features:
- Always awesomemawrtianVIPDined on 8/29/2014I'm still amazed when I hear people say they had a bad time at BLT. The food is great, both the standard menu items and the specials are always so fresh and flavorful. I have a noise and very pleasant waitstaff and this is a great place to be a 'regular'. This is a great restaurant both for special occasions and just at the end of a long day when you need a good meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingSurfDadDined on 8/24/2014We were staying at the Trump and went to BLT Steak downstairs expecting a great meal. We were taken outside without choice - had to ask to be moved inside. Hostess seemed put-off that we asked to be moved. Wait staff are friendly but overworked. Had to ask for menus. Had to ask for water to be refilled, had to ask after our drinks order. Steaks delivered in cast iron pan, which is nice - but the steak itself had no sear, no crust - it was more med than med-rare as ordered. Daughter's steak was ordered "blue" but delivered medium. Chewy and bland. A crime for such good meat. To their credit, they comp'd her steak (which she barely touched). It was our last night in Oahu, this was a very disappointing meal.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and i celebrated our 3 year anniversary here and Loved the whole experience. The wait staff was welcoming, courteous and informativem while the food was top 1 or 2 on the island and on par with some of the best restaurants around the country. i give it a 9.5 on a scale of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJandaDined on 8/22/2014We have a little one and they were very accommodating and always, great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service808510Dined on 8/21/2014Came here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. Staff was awesome. They even brought out dessert with a candle that I had requested when I made the reservations.Special Features:
- Great food and obviously a hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014From the food to presentation and staff, it was all 5 star - which is exactly what you expect from this wonderful steakhouse located in the Trump hotel. I would recommend giving yourself at least three hours to fully enjoy this place. I estimated two hours and was nearly late for plane out that same night. The General Manager and the servers assistant, however were more than accommodating to our needs for a quick ending to dinner and made sure we were satisfied before leaving. Will definitely be back. Ps- almost made the mistake of skipping dessert. Was so glad we did not! The dragon fruit cheesecake was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeeDined on 8/18/2014The food is always excellent when we go here. I'm a big fan of the blackboard menu since it gives us a few new choices every time we go. We had the scallops agnolotti, Kansas CAB w/ the bone-in and bone marrow, hanger steak, and a bunch of sides. The portions are always really big too, so even it seems expensive at times, you can always share or take it home for another full meal. :) We also really enjoyed the dragon fruit cheesecake; it was an unexpected delight.Special Features:
- Meh, Riding off of Trump name?IMeMineDined on 8/17/2014Disorganized service staff. Early on felt like they wanted to flip table 3x that night (6pm dinner) then we were forgotten. Pop ups came 3/4 through entree service; then another 20 minutes to clear plates, then another 10 minutes to bring dessert menu, then another 20 minutes to bring check. And this isn't a romantic atmosphere, lots of bustle full of foreign tourists and if you sit outside you deal with noisy buses and some will idle their exhaust across the street. Food was OK but nothing there left me wanting to return regardless of service. I think I understand their philosophy but don't agree with it.Special Features:
- Service was WONDERFULJohnVIPDined on 8/15/2014We decided on BLT because it was close to our hotel. The steak melted in your mouth and our waiter Spencer was GREAT!!! He knew the menu and made recommendations based on our diets. Truly a great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lowestsakuraDined on 8/14/2014Although I have a reservation ,it also had to 30 minutes. Besides,I was allowed to dine at the bar conner. The atmosphere was the lowest. I do not want to go twice. People shop , to say double booking in a dignified manner,alot of people have been waitinng.
- Kauai VisitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014A wonderful restaurant Popovers are world class. A little overcrowded and noisy. High end steaks a little pricy. Server was the best we have experienced in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- from japankyoheifDined on 7/31/2014I was able to spend a great time. Thank you. Service also was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestdinnerisgoodDined on 7/27/2014This is my 3rd trip to Hawaii in the past year and BLT has been at least one of our dinners on each trip, and often two. Can't ask for better steaks, lobster salad is excellent starter to share and the peanut butter chocolate dessert is to die for. Service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMcshawaii2Dined on 7/22/2014One of the best restaurants in Oahu. The wait staff is professional. The food is divine. And the popovers are heavenly.Special Features:
- PonsonbyDined on 7/10/2014v good food, pop bread fantastic, servings very generous (probably too large), service very friendly, quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner, except dessertEricDined on 7/4/2014Foods were all good except for dessert, great service. crab cake, tuna tartare, seared scallop, butterfish, American Wagyu steak with prawns. Unfortunately, Strawberry shortcake was dry and hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak restaurantRyosan07Dined on 7/4/2014It was amazing. I love BLT. It is good for dating with your gf or bf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT regularFoodieinParadiseDined on 7/3/2014We've gone to BLT several times already, as it is in our neighborhood and a great place to take out of town guests. We've always had a great experience and because we go so often, we even have our "Staple Menu" down pat. The tuna tartare and the Lobster Cobb Salad are must haves. We also love that the steak can be shareable if you get a big enough cut. The last time we visited, I was pregnant, so I couldn't share in the medium rare steak, but t had the Opah Belly instead as suggested by our waiter and that was also delicious. Note: service here is usually great, but had to wait 20-30 mins despite reservations last two times. Front desk women is VERY rude and unpleasant, but generous general manager and attentive waiters made up for it.Special Features:
- outstandingjroushVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food and service was second to none and the staff was as friendly as ever. I have never had a bad experience at BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 外せない一軒halloveHAWAIIDined on 6/27/2014ハワイを訪れるたびに必ず伺う一軒。ステーキはもちろん、付け合わせのパンが最高に美味！！牡蠣の季節はオイスターカクテルもマスト。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great BLTDonnVIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had another fantastic dinner at BLT Waikiki. We asked for and received a table in a quieter area, which also was outside. Everything was excellent. We'd return again -- as we did this time.Special Features: