BLT Steak - Waikiki
223 Saratoga Road
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak - Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bltsteak.com/
- Phone: (808) 683-7440
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Johan Svensson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View
A word from BLT Steak - Waikiki
BLT brings its signature culinary style and impeccable French technique to Honolulu’s famed Waikiki Beach. BLT Steak elevates the classic American steakhouse with signature style, French influence and all-around finesse. The menu offers prime cuts of beef, fresh seafood, a wide variety of tempting side dishes and classic American desserts. Regional blackboard specials feature local fish, local produce and a number of raw bar selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak - Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
BLT Steak - Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (63)romantic (39)good for groups (31)notable wine list (31)hot spot (24)great for outdoor dining (22)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Love this bar area.buffalohaVIPDined on 11/15/2014The bar area is as great as the restaturant. Good Btenders. Very customer oriented. Food can be had with drinks when space available. TV too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ServiceMrBoxerLexDined on 11/15/2014Bone in rib eye was outstanding. Love the onion rings. Must have is the double cooked bacon. Nice crunch with smoky flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat is the best!!!!!!JeromeDined on 11/13/2014the restaurant is very nice ambiance!!! some apetizers are to much simple and not very tasty bust the entrées are overstanding!!! the service is perfect!!!! the wine is is good !!!!It's my 4th time in BLT and I really will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksDineSDDined on 11/11/2014The food and ambiance are amazing. The Skirt Steak was outstanding and the jalapeño mash is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aloha2014Dined on 11/11/2014Loved the restaurant's trendy decor & comfy booth. Our lobster salad had nice chunks & was dressed perfectly. Popovers & pate delicious. Ribeye done right & reheated leftovers still moist/tender. Butterfish was devoured:) Peanut butter/chocolate dessert was just right shared with cappuccinos. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedPatoDined on 11/10/2014Aloha sorry but we were there for my wife's 50 B-Day. The food was small portions , my meat selection was burn and the fish my wife ordered was so small it was a joke. We spent more than $500+ dollars, not a small amount. We normally dine about 3 to 4 times a month in high quality restaurants and left with a bad taste. Service was above average.Special Features:
- JazzerMelDined on 11/6/2014Great service & very accommodating. We went for our 10 year anniversary and got a complimentary dessert and glass of wine! We thought that was fabulous. Our server (I think his name was Diego?) was very attentive and friendly with great suggestions. We had been meaning to try this restaurant for awhile and finally made it over there. Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner for 4DonnVIPDined on 11/6/2014Dinner for 4 on Thursday, 11/4, at 6:30. Asked for and received quiet table (no booth); sat outside. All four of us were extremely pleased with our dinner experience. Appetizer for 4: seafood platter -- great. 3 has butterfish entree, and I had shrimp; everyone happy. 5-star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extra specialHawaiianRachDined on 11/6/2014We dined as a group of 9 for a special birthday dinner and they organised an outdoor table and provided exceptional service throughout the evening. The restaurant event planner even helped us order a personalized birthday cake with candles for the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 808SouthpawDined on 11/4/2014The restaurant has delicious food and great service. There's no view though... right off the road. But other than that it was excellent. Loved the stuffed mushrooms and onion rings too. The bread was awesome but it came after our meal was over.Special Features:
- Kahalagal808Dined on 11/2/2014Food was very good; steak cooked perfectly. This was our 3rd visit and we opted to sit on a table on the bar side hoping it would be bit quieter but unfortunately not...noise level was bit too much. Love the lump crab appetizer! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDonnVIPDined on 11/2/2014Another of many dinners at BLT-Waikiki. Sunday, 11/2, at 6:00 for two. Asked for and received quiet table (no booth); sat outside. I had the amazing short ribs -- the best. Wife enjoyed her meal, also. 5-star experience, as usual.Special Features:
- Great food!jandkDined on 10/30/2014if you're looking for a great steak or ahi tuna this is the place! We sat and had dinner on the outdoor patio it was just lovely. The waitstaff was very attentive... Made great food and wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceHawaiianTravelerVIPDined on 10/29/2014If you want good food and a chance to see celebrities - you will enjoy BLT! I had the scallaops which were outstanding and the chocolate peanut butter mousse for dessert was very good. We ran into "Dog the Bounty Hunter" and his entourage on their way in as this is the place to be in Waikiki!Special Features:
- Enjoyed great salad and steaks hereMarkVIPDined on 10/26/2014We each had a salad and they are huge! Then the hangar steak which was clocked to perfection. We ordered two sides but they surprised us with 4. The Brussel sprouts were my favorite. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuluDined on 10/23/2014Bacon was salty. Everything else was excellent! Staff was unbelievable! We were with a group of five. Restaurant was noisy so we couldn't hear each others conversations. Next time I ll request to sit outside for more privacy & less noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceDwrayDined on 10/19/2014We found this restaurant to have very slow service with mediocre food. I felt I could have gotten the same quality of food and better service from a mid priced steak restaurant chain such as Longhorn steakhouse. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Awesome experience!!!JNkauaiDined on 10/18/2014From the beginning the experience was great. The front desk staff greeted us and recignized the nane right ftom the beginning. The waitstaff was very attentive and very friendly. At no point did we have to wonder where our food was or when we would get more water. The food itself was delicious. The experience was something out if this world. Well worth the price. Sonething to save up for and try at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mixed nightAc52Dined on 10/11/2014Arrived at exact time of booking to a very disorganized maître d, on giving our name for the booking we were told, you will have to wait. When asked how long we must wait 15/30 mins? Her reply was I just don't know. We perched for a while and fortunately after some 10 minutes a senior waiter saw our predicament and sorted a table for us. It was though in the bar not the restaurant. Obviously over booked and given our booking was made 3 days prior this was very poor. Our waiter same guy was superb and along with the very good food saved the night for BLT. Bar beside our table very noisy
- The Best SteaksFood4allDined on 10/10/2014Every time we visit Waikiki with out and exception we always dine at BLT. Everything about this restaurant is excellent. By far the best choice steaks I have had the pleasure of experiencing. The wait staff are so professional and well informed of their menus and wines. Just an all over excellent dining experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutOccasionalDinerDined on 10/10/2014My wife and I visited BLT for the first time during our romantic 3-night getaway in Waikiki and it did not disappoint. The service was impeccable. The staff graciously relocated us from the bar area to a table on the lanai without any trouble. Our waiter had a great demeanor and was always checking in on us without it feeling overbearing. The crab cake and Ahi appetizers were delicious. The braised short ribs with gnocchi as a side were amazing! I could tell my wife really enjoyed the evening out and I did as well. Would definitely recommend BLT to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedksd20Dined on 10/5/2014we had very good time at this restaurant, and were very satisfied with food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Im a completely satisfied customerAwesomesauceDined on 10/3/2014My reservation was ready well before my time and as I arrived earlier than my time, they offered my table because it was ready 30 minutes ahead. Servers and waiters were outstanding! Very attentive and willing to serve. When our food came out, one of the stakes were not well done as requested. Once we brought it to their attention, they quickly took it back to correct the order and our waiter and I think a manager came to apologize more than once. Other than that, the food, service and overall experience was exceptional. I truly a completely satisfied customer and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT was splendidKarnivoreDined on 10/1/2014So thoroughly enjoyed BLT . . . best steak and lamb ever. The side dishes were exciting with exotic flavors and different from other steak houses, salads tasty and the surprise of the evening was the popover bread - wow. Definitely will return!Special Features:
- WillDined on 9/30/2014This is the second time that we have had dinner at BLT. Last time our table near the entrance was unsatisfactory. This time we were accommodated with a better table. The food was extraordinary and the service from Russell was second to none. We know because we fine dine once per month. He was very knowledgeable , pleasant and was just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Whole FishChuckVIPDined on 9/28/2014Its not always available but ask for the whole fish in soy sauce, AMAZING ! Also, don't forget the popovers, always a table favorite. Obviously, the steaks are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014Really nice restaurant setting, but the booth seats were very uncomfortable - the cushion was too soft and each person "sunk" too low into the seat - we had to sit on the extra pillows. The service was okay, but not impressive - plus, the rib eye steak was not cooked to order, but was not burned, just tough. Onion rings were delivered very late ie, following all entrees.Special Features:
- Special OccasionPeteyfatzmoDined on 9/18/2014We splurge one night while on vacation and do a big beef night . BLT in Honolulu was perfect for this treat. The Beef was correct and sides were off the hook. Service and atmosphere were the most . I highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerPIRANHADined on 9/17/2014As usual, we had a great dinner. This is by far my favorite restaurant in Hawaii.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend.Kahalagal808Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good and came prepared as ordered. The lump crab meat appetizer is one of my recommended favorites, as is the Popovers with butter and salt. Service was excellent...waiter Chris' recommendations were spot-on. Was nice to have a bit of leftovers to take home for midnite snack. The music was a bit distracting and loud...something more soothing would have been more conducive to the ambiance. I look foward to dining there whenever staying in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyEddieGDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is the epothomy of consistency, service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good to make a reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Because we made a reservation, we were able to eat at a terrace seat. So,We were able to watch fireworks on Friday. The meat of the rib eye was good taste.The hash potato was slightly salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayLDined on 9/11/2014Great service but food was only average and not worth the high prices.Special Features:
- Only the letter size of the menu...TboneOishiiDined on 9/10/2014Food, drinks, service and ambiance were all very excellent! I am sure to come back BLT whenever I come to visit Honolulu again! Only one thing I would like to mention is that the menu was so hard to read in candle light because the letters were all so small specially for the elder like us. I didn't expect I should have brought my glasses. I would be grateful if the menu is written in a little larger letters. Anyway, I really enjoyed the time at BLT. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT experienceBLTDining1Dined on 9/10/2014The appetisers and seafood was great. The Oasters variety and freshness were to kill for. Surprisingly the steak was over cooked for Med rare and was pricey for what we got. Will have to try the steaks again. But overall great device and I would go back again & recommend the restaurant for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectFood4ThoughtDined on 9/5/2014We are a fan of BLT Steak in NYC so anytime we see one while traveling, we have to dine there. This one doesn't disappoint, just perfect from start to finish.....Special Features:
- Love BLTLindajsweetpeaVIPDined on 9/4/2014We dine at BLT everytimewe visit Oahu,cwhich is often. We love the restaurant, food and service. Parking is easy as well.Special Features:
- Always awesomemawrtianVIPDined on 8/29/2014I'm still amazed when I hear people say they had a bad time at BLT. The food is great, both the standard menu items and the specials are always so fresh and flavorful. I have a noise and very pleasant waitstaff and this is a great place to be a 'regular'. This is a great restaurant both for special occasions and just at the end of a long day when you need a good meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingSurfDadDined on 8/24/2014We were staying at the Trump and went to BLT Steak downstairs expecting a great meal. We were taken outside without choice - had to ask to be moved inside. Hostess seemed put-off that we asked to be moved. Wait staff are friendly but overworked. Had to ask for menus. Had to ask for water to be refilled, had to ask after our drinks order. Steaks delivered in cast iron pan, which is nice - but the steak itself had no sear, no crust - it was more med than med-rare as ordered. Daughter's steak was ordered "blue" but delivered medium. Chewy and bland. A crime for such good meat. To their credit, they comp'd her steak (which she barely touched). It was our last night in Oahu, this was a very disappointing meal.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My wife and i celebrated our 3 year anniversary here and Loved the whole experience. The wait staff was welcoming, courteous and informativem while the food was top 1 or 2 on the island and on par with some of the best restaurants around the country. i give it a 9.5 on a scale of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.