BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan
6961 Avenue of the Governors
Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bltrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (787) 253-1700 ext. 4240
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Laurent Tourondel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private event space mimics the aesthetics of the main dining room and is available for a sit-down dinner for up to 18 people.
- Private Party Contact: Erica Ventura 7872531700x4214
A word from BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan
BLT Steak's design integrates select traditional elements of the French "Bistro" and an American "Steakhouse." A lighter environment has been created that is enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede. A 25-foot bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)fit for foodies (15)romantic (12)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- GREATcc1555VIPDined on 11/17/2014It was so outstanding that I actually ate there twice while staying at the Ritz. They start you with a home made popover that's unbelievable. Service was great and had the Filet Mignon both times. I like the way they serve the steak in a hot plate because you can cut a piece off and still leave the rest in this plate that actually cooks it a little if needed. Second visit to Puerto Rico and this was best restaurant I ate in and compliments the great hotel that is The Ritz.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Succulent SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014The ribeye steak was absolutely delicious. One of the best steaks I've ever had. If looking for a good steak or other seafood options while in Puerto Rico I recommend BLT Restaurant. It's pricey, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great short ribs!ChuckVIPDined on 11/11/2014Fall off the bone served in an iron kettle with an amazing sauce . . .great! The hot popovers served instead of bread/rolls make for a great beginning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodmike27Dined on 11/8/2014The staff was very accommodating. We were seated promptly and they cancelled our kids meal after our child fell asleep. Food was good and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful way to spend an eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014This is a high quality restaurant in a great hotel. Love the signature pop overs, the special touches, wonderful food and the best Dover Sole I have eaten in many years while my husband loved his steak make just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blt is great everywhere!!WhiskeyWellnessDined on 11/4/2014We love you in NYC and now in PR!! They were so accommodating and even gave my gma a surprise for her birthday even though we didn't order dessert!!! Thank you to Christopher and the MaitreD!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingGuckyyDined on 11/1/2014very nice place with outstanding food. Service very care taking. Tasty extras from the kitchenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popovers rule!DL2000VIPDined on 11/1/2014One of the best steak dinners we have ever had! Porterhouse for 2 was cooked to perfection. Popovers were an unexpected delight in place of bread. Service was impeccable. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Good, could be betterSamiDined on 10/22/2014It was very good, but not on par with the New York locations. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere, but the food was a step below what I've experienced at 2 of the New York BLTs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popovers or bustClearlyAmbiguousVIPDined on 10/14/2014The popovers, which come with every order, are the finest in the world. Too bad everything else is overpriced….but, that's what you get for BLT Steak in the Ritz Carlton. Caesar Salad was off…3 shrimp for $26 (but boy were they tasty)…wagyu burger delicious but didn't taste any wagyu….overall, a great meal, but overpriced. We'll be back when we're flush with cash.Special Features:
- Great foodPikieatrDined on 10/12/2014The steak is great and potato gratin is the best. Prices are a little bit high, but it's in the ritz, so it's to be expected. After dinner take a stroll around the resort and hit the casino before leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and horrible servicemewzicguyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Drink order was taken promptly and we were greeted by our waitress. Our waitress never came back to our table until after we were served our meals. Our orders were taken by a manager I believe. We ordered a second round of drinks from a bus boy, and he assured us they would come right up. Unfortunately, the drinks did not come for a very long time, and our waitress said she they were on her due to the long wait. I know this restaurant had a few large parties that were present, but they showed no regards for the rest of the patrons. The food was outstanding (pop overs, steak, sliders, potato skins). The hostess asked us to please come back and try again on another night. We did and still had horrible service.Special Features:
- Very special birthday dinnerDSHamiltonDined on 9/17/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate a dear friend's 40th birthday. Our servers were very attentive and efficient, the food was really great (the birthday girl is a true connoisseur when it comes to raw oysters and beef and she was quite happy with everything). The restaurant gave us a tasty bonus dessert and wrote out "Happy Birthday" in beautiful lettering which we featured in many photos. My only negative critque is that our drink orders always took a bit longer than expected, but our servers were were very dilligent about following up on them. Everyone said they had an excellent experience and that we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We had a great experience, and we're made to feel welcome as soon as we entered. The service was fully in keeping with the high standards of the Ritz-Carlton in which it was located. The food was great. The steak was cooked perfectly, and actually tasted best on its own, as opposed to with the available sauces. A very comfortable place, and the background music set a very nice mood also. Thanx for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowDinewithc4Dined on 8/30/2014a fantastic meal at a fantastic hotel. there is nothing else you can ask for. don't miss it.Special Features:
- amazing except for the foodnyfoodie63Dined on 8/24/2014BLT San Juan is a beautiful venue. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. The only down side was in the preparation, not the quality of the food. It was if the chef decided not to season anything. In a word, bland. Definitely two of the most pedestrian steaks I have ever had at a higher end steak house. And the lack of seasoning impacted the appetizers as well. The tuna tartare was diced tuna set on top of diced avocado; again, no seasoning. The best course was dessert; the home made sorbets were outstanding. It's hard to tell if it was simply a bad night, or the normal course of things, however I would be uninclined to go back anytime soon.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Food was your normal steak what you would expect at a pricey place like this. However the service was exceptional. Our waiter was on the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but bewareOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014This BLT does not serve Prime steak. Good place and probably one of the best in San Juan, but not the same as BLT in NY.
- Let downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Service was lousy. Food was not outstanding. The gnocchi special was not available. Not much empathy with sever Julian. Too much noise. Was sitted facing kitchen; had to ask for a chair. Not a romAntic ambiance.Special Features:
- Fish was delicious.Service terrificJjssDined on 8/1/2014We both ordered fish- snapper and swordfish. Excellent! Stuffed mushrooms and Caesar salad apps were fabulous! Start it all off with huge popovers. Loved it all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 217 reviews are from the BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan reviews archive.
- No chicken pateCruiserDined on 7/30/2014No chicken pate served. This is considered a condiment like butter and thus not only was it expected but it wasn't served. When I asked to speak to a manager. She said she would go check and see. She never came back to explain. How does BLT allow them to get away with this?
- Best Place EverAchrDined on 7/26/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Wine selection, Excellent service. In summary, Excellent on everything.Special Features:
- ExcelentAngieMGDined on 7/25/2014Great food, ambiance, Excelent service....loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't beat BLTthechangmanDined on 7/16/2014This was the 5th time I've been to this BLT and I never leave disappointed. I loved the popovers and as usual, the bone-in ribeye. The steak was cooked to perfection and I left barely able to move. This was the best meal I had during my stay in San Juan and the waitstaff keep giving me reasons to come back.Special Features:
- Food and service were delightful!RitzCarltonSteakDined on 7/15/2014We made a last minute reservation and discovered their dinner specials between 6-7 pm. The meal was delicious with both of our proteins prepared perfectly. The restaurant also recognized that it was our 20th anniversary and surprised us with an additional dessert. If we are back in San Juan we will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 7/12/2014Once again, BLT San Juan was flawless. Excellent from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Amazing food and service and the perfect way to celebrate an anniversary! Had such a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect experienceKayabbaDined on 6/18/2014Food, service and atmosphere was amazing. There was an issue with one of our glasses not being so clean. The glass was replaced immediately. The manager came over to apologize and were were taken good care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous serviceRelaxingDined on 6/12/2014We had the best waier we have ever had. He anticipated our every move. Adrian was the best.Special Features:
- Really amazing dinner!MeatsCheeses4MeDined on 6/6/2014I ate here with my fella on the last night of a week long vacation and I have to say, it was nothing short of spectacular. We decided to go all out, no expense spared and every bite was worth every penny. To start we enjoyed the fresh lump crab salad, tuna tartar and scallops. The fresh crab meat was possibly the freshest crab I've ever had we the portion was very large. For dinner we had the filet, which was very good but I have to say the 16oz coffee rubbed delmonico special was the best steak I have ever had. It was so tasty and full of flavor. But the real bonus was the bone marrow on the side that was a little delicious dollop of heaven on each bite.Special Features:
- San Juan BLT - Pop Me Over!deezertVIPDined on 6/2/2014POPOVERS! Need I say more? I mean it's like having oral ecstasy. The tuna tartar was muy excellente as well. The filet mignon was OK as were the hens of wood ... Ive had better. Service was nice. Excellent House Red. Quiet Setting. Will try Meat Market next time I am in town. The hotel is beautiful!Special Features:
- Better every timefromLItohereVIPDined on 6/2/2014This was our 3rd visit to BLT in San Juan and each time is better than the last. The food from start to finish was excellent, nothing short of our expectations. Service was equally as great and made our dining experience fun by giving us personal recommendations from the menu. He steered some towards a wine, others for a side dish or dessert and each time was right on the money. We will be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2014The coconut bread pudding is possibly the best dessert on the planet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!!!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 5/11/2014Dined at the BLT in Atlanta, Charlotte and now San Juan and all have been fantastic.Special Features:
- Mother's DayFood4umDined on 5/11/2014It was my first Mother's Day without my daughter, who is away at school, taking finals. My husband picked this restaurant because foodies told us about it. Everything is first-rate and perfect, from the smiling waiters to the incredible food. Popovers win, let me tell you. And the short ribs are better than any we have had. Coconut bread-pudding is like a souffle. All that was missing was my child.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLTNashVegasDined on 5/7/2014Excellent service, the pop up pastry is wonderful. The rib eye was mediocre at best, the veal was acceptable.Special Features:
- Nice!JayGDined on 5/1/2014Nice location in Isla Verde, Great food, good atmosphere, solid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent the bone in stripsteakloverDined on 4/6/2014Excellent the bone in strip and filet melted in your mouth. The staff was professional but not at all stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown Away!!!!DavidordcdVIPDined on 4/4/2014This was one of the best all around meals I have ever had. The service was truly spectacular, our waiter even gave a us a personal hand written thank you card at the end of the meal. Being from Chicago, a truly great food city, I have eaten at a lot of amazing steak places, but this one was truly amazing and in the top three best ever. If you go to San Juan and / or stay at the Ritz you absolutely have to spend an evening eating here!Special Features:
- Don't bother with BLTSwimmerVIPDined on 3/31/2014They sat us by the bar area. One waitress with no help. Dishes were left on the table foe a long time. I think they forgot the tequila in my margarita. The bread took forever to come out. The steaks did not come out hot. The waitress forgot the sauce we ordered and then she said oh I will bring it right out and never did. Way over priced for the quality for cold food and lack of service