BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan
6961 Avenue of the Governors
Carolina, PR 00979Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bltrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 7872531700x4240
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak
- Executive Chef: Laurent Tourondel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private event space mimics the aesthetics of the main dining room and is available for a sit-down dinner for up to 18 people.
- Private Party Contact: Erica Ventura 7872531700x4214
A word from BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan
BLT Steak's design integrates select traditional elements of the French "Bistro" and an American "Steakhouse." A lighter environment has been created that is enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede. A 25-foot bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan - Best Restaurants in San Juan ›
BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (16)romantic (15)good for groups (11)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- amazing except for the foodnyfoodie63Dined on 8/24/2014BLT San Juan is a beautiful venue. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. The only down side was in the preparation, not the quality of the food. It was if the chef decided not to season anything. In a word, bland. Definitely two of the most pedestrian steaks I have ever had at a higher end steak house. And the lack of seasoning impacted the appetizers as well. The tuna tartare was diced tuna set on top of diced avocado; again, no seasoning. The best course was dessert; the home made sorbets were outstanding. It's hard to tell if it was simply a bad night, or the normal course of things, however I would be uninclined to go back anytime soon.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Food was your normal steak what you would expect at a pricey place like this. However the service was exceptional. Our waiter was on the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but bewareOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2014This BLT does not serve Prime steak. Good place and probably one of the best in San Juan, but not the same as BLT in NY.
- Let downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Service was lousy. Food was not outstanding. The gnocchi special was not available. Not much empathy with sever Julian. Too much noise. Was sitted facing kitchen; had to ask for a chair. Not a romAntic ambiance.Special Features:
- Fish was delicious.Service terrificJjssDined on 8/1/2014We both ordered fish- snapper and swordfish. Excellent! Stuffed mushrooms and Caesar salad apps were fabulous! Start it all off with huge popovers. Loved it all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No chicken pateCruiserDined on 7/30/2014No chicken pate served. This is considered a condiment like butter and thus not only was it expected but it wasn't served. When I asked to speak to a manager. She said she would go check and see. She never came back to explain. How does BLT allow them to get away with this?
- Best Place EverAchrDined on 7/26/2014Excellent Food, Excellent Wine selection, Excellent service. In summary, Excellent on everything.Special Features:
- ExcelentAngieMGDined on 7/25/2014Great food, ambiance, Excelent service....loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't beat BLTthechangmanDined on 7/16/2014This was the 5th time I've been to this BLT and I never leave disappointed. I loved the popovers and as usual, the bone-in ribeye. The steak was cooked to perfection and I left barely able to move. This was the best meal I had during my stay in San Juan and the waitstaff keep giving me reasons to come back.Special Features:
- Food and service were delightful!RitzCarltonSteakDined on 7/15/2014We made a last minute reservation and discovered their dinner specials between 6-7 pm. The meal was delicious with both of our proteins prepared perfectly. The restaurant also recognized that it was our 20th anniversary and surprised us with an additional dessert. If we are back in San Juan we will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 7/12/2014Once again, BLT San Juan was flawless. Excellent from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Amazing food and service and the perfect way to celebrate an anniversary! Had such a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect experienceKayabbaDined on 6/18/2014Food, service and atmosphere was amazing. There was an issue with one of our glasses not being so clean. The glass was replaced immediately. The manager came over to apologize and were were taken good care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous serviceRelaxingDined on 6/12/2014We had the best waier we have ever had. He anticipated our every move. Adrian was the best.Special Features:
- Really amazing dinner!MeatsCheeses4MeDined on 6/6/2014I ate here with my fella on the last night of a week long vacation and I have to say, it was nothing short of spectacular. We decided to go all out, no expense spared and every bite was worth every penny. To start we enjoyed the fresh lump crab salad, tuna tartar and scallops. The fresh crab meat was possibly the freshest crab I've ever had we the portion was very large. For dinner we had the filet, which was very good but I have to say the 16oz coffee rubbed delmonico special was the best steak I have ever had. It was so tasty and full of flavor. But the real bonus was the bone marrow on the side that was a little delicious dollop of heaven on each bite.Special Features:
- San Juan BLT - Pop Me Over!deezertVIPDined on 6/2/2014POPOVERS! Need I say more? I mean it's like having oral ecstasy. The tuna tartar was muy excellente as well. The filet mignon was OK as were the hens of wood ... Ive had better. Service was nice. Excellent House Red. Quiet Setting. Will try Meat Market next time I am in town. The hotel is beautiful!Special Features:
- Better every timefromLItohereVIPDined on 6/2/2014This was our 3rd visit to BLT in San Juan and each time is better than the last. The food from start to finish was excellent, nothing short of our expectations. Service was equally as great and made our dining experience fun by giving us personal recommendations from the menu. He steered some towards a wine, others for a side dish or dessert and each time was right on the money. We will be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2014The coconut bread pudding is possibly the best dessert on the planet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto!!!ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZVIPDined on 5/11/2014Dined at the BLT in Atlanta, Charlotte and now San Juan and all have been fantastic.Special Features:
- Mother's DayFood4umDined on 5/11/2014It was my first Mother's Day without my daughter, who is away at school, taking finals. My husband picked this restaurant because foodies told us about it. Everything is first-rate and perfect, from the smiling waiters to the incredible food. Popovers win, let me tell you. And the short ribs are better than any we have had. Coconut bread-pudding is like a souffle. All that was missing was my child.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLTNashVegasDined on 5/7/2014Excellent service, the pop up pastry is wonderful. The rib eye was mediocre at best, the veal was acceptable.Special Features:
- The following 201 reviews are from the BLT Steak - Ritz-Carlton San Juan reviews archive.
- Nice!JayGDined on 5/1/2014Nice location in Isla Verde, Great food, good atmosphere, solid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent the bone in stripsteakloverDined on 4/6/2014Excellent the bone in strip and filet melted in your mouth. The staff was professional but not at all stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown Away!!!!DavidordcdVIPDined on 4/4/2014This was one of the best all around meals I have ever had. The service was truly spectacular, our waiter even gave a us a personal hand written thank you card at the end of the meal. Being from Chicago, a truly great food city, I have eaten at a lot of amazing steak places, but this one was truly amazing and in the top three best ever. If you go to San Juan and / or stay at the Ritz you absolutely have to spend an evening eating here!Special Features:
- Don't bother with BLTSwimmerDined on 3/31/2014They sat us by the bar area. One waitress with no help. Dishes were left on the table foe a long time. I think they forgot the tequila in my margarita. The bread took forever to come out. The steaks did not come out hot. The waitress forgot the sauce we ordered and then she said oh I will bring it right out and never did. Way over priced for the quality for cold food and lack of service
- Mixed experienceSteakloversVIPDined on 3/20/2014Ruth Chris is usually our choice but decided to visit BLT cause we could walk. Wine list missing 4 pages (the reds I would add,) Our standing steakhouse choice is a porterhouse for 2 so what we ordered. Were told shortly after that they ran out of porterhouse. Ran out? So went NY strip and ribeye. Both were served warm, not hot and halfway through were cold. Strip was ok, ribeye was tough. Huge disappointment at theses prices. Highlight of dining was the sommelier who helped us choose a wine from Spain- his story telling around each winemaker and what set them apart was superb and so was the choice of wine. Meat was a bust, the bread they serve we give 5 stars to. My wife who is gluten free even polished off one of their signature popovers.Special Features:
- The service was slow, steakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014The service was slow, steak okay, would not go back! Very disappointed!
- Too much char on the foodRayrayVIPDined on 2/22/2014Everything had a burnt coating on it... this overwhelmed the flavor of the food. Also, they will nickle and dime you for everything you ask for. Egg on your burger? $6 extra... refill on your pepsi? $4. Why Pepsi? Because they won't serve coke! This place is not worth a tenth of the price paid.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service andserenaDined on 2/15/2014Excellent food, service and decor. They went out of their way to accommodate us. We had two young male servers who were excellent. I highly recommend this place :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak in the Ritz CarltonjjgoldDined on 2/7/2014Second visit to BLT in San Juan and it was great. Gruyere popovers are awesome and the lamp chops and other entress and sides were delicious.Special Features:
- Steak lovers paradiseReneeDined on 1/27/2014Great restaurant located in the Ritz Carlton in San Juan. The food was spectacular. Best meal we had all vacation Including the surprises like the luscious popovers and little chocolate treats we were offered when we said no dessert. If you love steak. GO! Though my husband had the shrimp and said it was spectacular too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a Romantic AmbianceDeniseVIPDined on 1/14/2014The evening was perfect! The staff was very friendly and helpful (maybe a bit too pushy in the order-taking); the steak and the mac and cheese were excellent, the wine list was superb (although they had run out of our initial selection). Overall, it was just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the HalibutJjwyetDined on 1/9/2014While a steak house my fish was awesome . I loved that it was in our hotel in Puerto Rico and we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and expensiveJtciiiVIPDined on 1/6/2014This was a feast meal and great service but be prepared to spend more than $100 per person before adding any alcohol.Special Features:
- DisappointeddemandingdinerDined on 1/5/2014In the past I found found BLT to be an elegant restaurant where the well-executed food merited the high prices for a special dinner. The last visit was a disappointment. The television at the bar and casually dressed clientele seemed a bit incongruous with the price range. It might work better to separate the bar/cafe part of the restaurant from the dining room- creating two different atmospheres that might please diners more.
- Not what we expectedCelebrateDined on 1/4/2014Looked forward to a romantic dinner on our first night in San Juan. Called ahead to move up reservation but told no option exist yet when we showed up early there was plenty of open tables. Bar area was showing football game and the noise level made the experience less than desirable as any when cheering like they were at a sports bar. Unfortunately this ruined the experience we were looking for. Food was fine and the service was good but we just wanted to leave because of the atmosphere so we skipped dinner.Special Features:
- Special steak housefamilyvacationsDined on 1/1/2014Amazing popovers that came with the recipe so you can try at home. Steaks were excellent (with the exception of the hanger steak-spend the extra money for the filet or ribeye) Certainly feel spoiled with all the little extras, including the bon bons at the end of the meal. Be prepared to pay for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteTitoDined on 1/1/2014Wanted to treat my Dad to a Peter Luger like experience and BLT did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME EXPERIENCE AS ALWAYSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013AS ALWAYS WE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE, FOOD, AMBIANCE AND SERVICE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS STEAKHOUSE FOR MEAT LOVERS.Special Features:
- FantasticMikeDined on 11/29/2013We've been going here every year when we are in town. Consistently excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.