BLT Steak DC
1625 Eye Street
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bltrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (202) 689-8999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm. Closed on Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your private event today.
A word from BLT Steak DC
BLT Steak's design integrates select traditional elements of the French "Bistro" and an American "Steakhouse". A lighter environment has been created that is enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede. A 25-foot bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure including an oyster and shellfish raw bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
BLT Steak DC reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)fit for foodies (102)notable wine list (80)good for groups (67)hot spot (66)romantic (61)great for lunch (54)vibrant bar scene (45)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- great celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014I took my girlfriend here for her 21st birthday and we were blown away by BLT Steak. The service was superb. When we were seated, our waiter wished my girlfriend a happy birthday without me saying anything. We enjoyed his recommendations and the steaks we ordered were cooked fantastically. We were also given a side on the house. For dessert, we were surprised with champagne and a candle in the dessert. Overall, great food and service. We will be back in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good But Not AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014My second trip to BLT STeak in DC. I like the dining room very much, and the vibe is a mix of business and pleasure. It's well-located for the business crowd. This time around, my steak was not quite as expertly cooked, and seemed smaller than the advertised 22 oz. It reminded me more of a mid-level local steakhouse steak than a national chain powerhouse. The meat itself was excellent, albeit a little less seasoned than the first time I dined here, where it was outright divine. The tuna tartare was excellent, albeit a bit smaller than I remembered. The waiters were not super-attentive this time around, but that was no matter as I was dining with a friend. On the plus side, we were not rushed in the least and lingered a solid 45 minutes after our meal (after 10 pm). All in all, a favorite of mine, but this recent trip was not spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CupcakeWonkVIPDined on 11/18/2014Came here last night for a late dinner for a friend's birthday. We had an amazing meal and great wine to match - definitely a location for special events and truly fantastic meals. Thank you! Crepe Souffle with passion fruit sauce was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningtastebudsDined on 11/15/2014Customer service was outstanding!! The food...delicious. Please keep serving the short ribs! Elegant, comfortable, and delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!DaniVIPDined on 11/15/2014Great food and great service, definitely recommended if you are looking for a really good professional steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too impressedYummytummyVIPDined on 11/15/2014First time here and not too impressed. Waitress not very friendly. I ordered rack of lamb and while they were tasty they were not easy to cut thru with the knife and I was embarrassed to grab with hands to bite them. I was also afraid to hurt my mouth with sharp pieces of bone (like splinters) and I couldn't finish them all. My husband did have a steak and it was cooked well and to his likeness. I guess the lesson learned here is if you go to a steak house don't order anything else beside steak as that may only be their specialty.
- Shocker!JtomatoDined on 11/12/2014Food was decent but I've eaten at better steak houses in DC. Was surprised to find out that the house Cab that the waiter recommended was $27 per glass. The waiter told us that he "didn't want to embarrass us" by telling us the price of the wine that he recommended. It takes a lot to embarrass me!!!!
- OutstandingAmyBDined on 11/11/2014The steak was so delicious I thought I might cry. Honestly the best steak of my life. Appreciated the restaurant's deal for Veterans on Veterans Day which allows people who serve our country and may not make a lot of money to experience this high end, high quality restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Steak HouseJamesDined on 11/11/2014Exactly what you'd expect. Delicious high-quality meat, great service, and an all around good experience. For the price range I do not feel it sticks out as the best steakhouse in the area, but all-in-all it was a fantastic dining expereince.Special Features:
- Best Popover in townOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014BLT never disappoints. The bartender, Kat, is great and took care of us even though it was a super busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- BLT STEAK.......EH...MsPhillipsDined on 11/8/2014Although the decor is nice, it's a very loud restaurant. The service was rushed and the food mediocre. I ordered a medium filet and the temp was rare. Very pretentious, over priced restaurant. I get better service and quality for the money at Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- waiter was horribleseriousDined on 11/8/2014I had an important business meeting and the waiter ignored us all night! hard to pay all of that money to be ignored.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014It was fantastic!!! I will definitely go again. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCowboyVIPDined on 11/7/2014I have been a fan of BLT since they first opened in NYC. The last few visits in DC has left me disappointed and at the cost of BLT being disappointed should not be on the menu. The service was erratic and the steak (bone in New York Strip @$57) was dry and chewy. One of their side dishes a sauteed broccoli rabe that was so bitter it was inedible. That said my guest filet was excellent.
- Business DinnerSouthFLGuyDined on 11/6/2014Outstanding service coupled with high quality entrees. Only drawback was the noise level at 6:45 pm, which at times made it a challenge speaking with clients. More like yelling.Special Features:
- Excellent first experienceMsVicSmithDined on 11/1/2014Service, food and ambiance was awesome! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and experice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/1/2014My wife is a VERY picky eater when it comes to steak. We haven't gone to a steak house in many years because of that. This was no exception, but the purpose of my review is to point out what a fabulous job the manager (Adam) did to try to provide us with an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/31/2014One of the finest dining experiences I have ever had.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchjaGaDined on 10/31/2014I brought my husband here to enjoy the lunch menu, as he's more of a burger guy than a steak guy. Although a dinner with wine and all courses is special here, lunch is also worthy of a special occasion. The popover bread is always too good to be true, and a side of jalapeño mashed potatoes will change your life. The rundown-Wisconsin CAB burger(fantastic, beef was so fresh and perfectly cooked),BLT(minus the T, husband loved it),fries were good(I'm not the best judge, as I'm not a big fry fan), Brussels sprouts were solid in flavor, but a little too oily. We sadly didn't do dessert. Service was just about perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/28/2014BLT is my go-to for lunch. The popovers are divine and they do such a nice job with the salads, especially the blackboard special salads. My only criticism from this visit was that our waiter (not Marcel, my favorite) didn't ask the kitchen to spilt the Asian beef salad (which they usually do) so my dining companion and I had to split it ourselves. Not a huge issue, but when you are paying $30-plus for a lunch salad, it's nice for the server to go the extra mile. Overall though, BLT is fantastic and we will be going back.Special Features:
- BLT SteakLSMomDined on 10/25/2014Fantastic menu and service. Second visit...just as great as the first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/24/2014We visited BLT on a whim and were very pleased. Although our initial server wasn't very attentive, the manager was quick to offer us a different table and our new server (Samantha) was amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014Service impeccable. Server very polished, attentive, not intrusive. Food presentation excellent quality finest.Special Features:
- Appetizers are WonderfuljanniegirlDined on 10/16/2014I love the popovers, bacon, and other tasty appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperiencekggoatVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to BLT several times for group private meetings and always had an outstanding experience. This was my first try as a couple and once again the experience was superb. The service was top notch and the food...was fantastic. BLT Steak is first class and not pretentious. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome lackingJanefrommaineVIPDined on 10/10/2014We love the food and service here but the hosts are unfriendly and unhelpful. We arrived10 minutes early for our table and had to wait despite the table being vacant. No apology, looked down on as two women, not the first time we have gotten that here, ageism, homophobia. We are willing to sink a lot of money for food and device but the people at the podium have to go. We don't need to be treated like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceluv2lunchDined on 10/7/2014This was my fifth or sixth time at BLT for dinner. Always a treasure, good food, exceptional wine list and enjoyable environment. A bit noisy, particularly as the evening goes along amid closer than necessary tables. But, a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Me and my boyfriend dined at "BLT Steak" for his birthday. What a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & servicefoodyumDined on 9/30/2014Food was amazing and the service was great. It was expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Expected MoreLsjx3Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were in DC for long weekend. Experience here was very uneven. Arrived 10 minutes early for reservation and had to wait at bar, even though table we were eventually seated at (in bar area!) was clearly available. At the bar we were ignored- no service. Our waiter was great. Popovers that come with every meal - delicious. Steaks, surprising, not so much. I had 12 oz filet mignon, cooked perfectly. But I found the 'crust' unpalatable and scrapped it off. My husband was very disappointed with his '28 day' aged strip steak - very chewy, and 'medium' steak was raw in the middle. And the 'cast iron pan' presentation - weak. The sides, all a la carte, were overpriced and only so-so. For those prices, we expected more.Special Features:
- group of sixBroadwaybobDined on 9/27/2014our reservations were for 6:30 and upon arrival we were immediately seated. We did however have to wait at least fifteen minutes for the waitress to take our drink order. Two of the drinks were wrong when they did arrive, but the manager quickly replaced them. Other than that service was decent and the food itself was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite meal in DCSteakVIPDined on 9/27/2014The pop-overs, oysters, bone-in ribeye and mashed potatoes never fail. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch steak house!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014We went to BLT for a birthday and could not have been happier with the food or the service. Everything was amazing and there was more of a selection of steaks than I had ever seen from standard fare to exotic and rare cuts. You certainly pay for that kind of quality, but for a special occasion, BLT is worth every penny. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointedsouthsiderVIPDined on 9/25/2014Dinner for three. Two had steaks. Very disappointed. Over cooked and tough. Not good meat. Service was good and friendly. Wine list is excellent. Will not return. A C level steak house. Too many options in town to return.Special Features:
- friends74Dined on 9/25/2014Great food and terrific service. Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We came here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday and BLT did an amazing job, as always! This is one of our favorite spots and it never disappoints. Our waitress gave us an extra dessert on the house (which she had overheard us talking about) as a surprise, which just made our whole night. Such a nice gesture!Special Features:
- Excellent food but okay service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent steak absolutely one of the best and I have eaten at some upscale steakhouses! On the other hand the service needs to step up their game. At times I felt ignored and I could see the one waitress was handling too many tables. At a place like this I used to a tram approach and I saw that there was enough staff but it seed like everyone were doing their own thing which is not good for the price you pay to eat. Still excellent steak, done the way that I like it, medium rare, thus, the food alone makes the trip worth it for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDjeatsDined on 9/20/2014Had to return the lobster salad. The steaks were dry and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Not so goodSuperPatrick123Dined on 9/20/2014I was not at all happy with my food. I did not like the crab cakes at all. I tasted mostly filler and not the crab. I ordered a rib eye medium rare and it came out over done. They brought out another one very quickly, almost too quick to have refired one. It looked a little weird. I did not send it back a second time. I ate a few bites off of it an brought the rest home to my dogs. The strawberry Sunday was good.
- Great service! Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Dined here on a Saturday night with 3 close friends and we had an excellent time! Food was great, service was great, drinks were great!Special Features: