BLT Steak DC
1625 Eye Street
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bltrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2026898999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm. Closed on Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private event space mimics the aesthetics of the main dining room and is available for a sit-down dinner up to 28 people and cocktails and hors d'oeuvres for up to 60 people. The room comes equipped with a plasma screen, digital cable television, a DVD player, VCR player and autonomous sound system.
- Private Party Contact: Isabel Torres 2026898999x
- Special Events: Contact Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your private event today.
A word from BLT Steak DC
BLT Steak's design integrates select traditional elements of the French "Bistro" and an American "Steakhouse". A lighter environment has been created that is enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede. A 25-foot bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure including an oyster and shellfish raw bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
BLT Steak DC reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)fit for foodies (94)notable wine list (67)good for groups (59)romantic (59)hot spot (56)great for lunch (50)great for outdoor dining (42)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always awesomeSolidDined on 8/23/2014Wanted to get a reservation at the Ebbitt Grill in DC but couldn't. Glad I didn't. Not a single miss step. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak heaven .....hidden costs.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014By far the best strak I have had anywhere . Amazing food and service . We ordered the wagu sampler and the tomahawk ribeye. The menu stated $60 for main course , appetizer, and desert. We knew we had to pay an extra $110 for the wagu sampler, but not the tomahawk. The three selection option actually costedmore than just ordering a la carte. We were happy with food and service , but felt misled by the menu. I gave it a three because of this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch + Popoversjoe4Dined on 8/21/2014Popovers are the name of the game. In place of normal bread, you get delicious Gruyere infused popovers. The other food is perfectly good. But its not much different from Mortons. Here, Popovers win out.Special Features:
- Delicious, elegant, friendlyOpenTableRoxVIPDined on 8/20/2014I hosted a birthday dinner for my husband here, which BLT's fabulous event planner, Isabel Torres, put together for me in a wonderful way. I appreciated the efficient way she had menu options to email me immediately, and was easily accessible, and I was able to make arrangements easily by email. The servers were terrific and the food delicious (as it has been every time I have eaten at BLT in the past). Elegant atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Food and Service. Noisy!MandyArlingtonVADined on 8/20/2014I had dinner at BLT Steak this week Wednesday night with a foodie friend, back in DC on leave from an overseas post. We both found the food to be excellent, and competitive with Smith and Wollensky. The filet mignon was delicious and our waiter was outstanding. My office is in the area, and I would definitely recommend BLT Steak for the food, service, and friendly atmosphere; but would caution about the noise level - which was far too robust for our preferences, making it difficult to converse comfortably. And this was on a week night! Better acoustics would definitely upgrade our overall rating of BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunchtime SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Went here for a work lunch. The food was fantastic and the service was very attentive without being overly so. Will absolutely return.Special Features:
- The steak was delicious.luv2dineDined on 8/19/2014We came in slightly before the dinner crowd (6pm) so it wasn't very busy when we arrived. Washington Post listed BLT as a one of the best steak joints in the DMV. The server was attentive, the cheese popovers (I can't remember if they're called that) served before the meal with butter and salt were amazing. I order the aged NY Strip and it was fantastic. Medium rare, cooked perfectly. Delicious. Rich but not overwhelmingly so. Also had an order of the stuffed mushrooms, which were okay, nothing special I'd say. After dinner ordered a cup of coffee and they also brought out a pair of complimentary chocolates, a very nice touch I thought. All in all, left very happy, although a little noisy towards the end as they filled up.Special Features:
- Good experience, not amazinghmastro7Dined on 8/18/2014The filet was very good but the sides were nothing special. The service was good but our server was not particularly friendly, seemed annoyed with us at times. They threw out the rest of the steak I wanted to take home. Complimentary dessert was a nice touch. Ruth's Chris still takes the title.Special Features:
- prietomania99Dined on 8/15/2014Great food. Great experience. Highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great steak dinner.Special Features:
- descent foodDew7Dined on 8/14/2014food is descent but not phenomenal. Quality of food probably not worth the price, but the crowd was pretty good.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDW14Dined on 8/13/2014When out-of-town guests want a great meal, including a steak, we always go to BLT. The highlight for me this time was the jalapeno mashed potatoes. Always top class service and dining experience.Special Features:
- My3sonsLJDined on 8/13/2014The popovers are the absolute BEST! I enjoyed my meal as well as my other guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Staff CelebrationDCdinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014We celebrated one of our staff members at BLT. Food was terrific with lots of comments about the wonderful preparation of beef/steak entrees. The peanut butter cheesecake was outstanding if you save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceMtKzDxDined on 8/9/2014I've been to BLT several times - always had a very good experience. Not this past saturday night. The waiter greeted us, came back and took a drink order. It took a very long time to get those drinks to the table. I was not asked for a second drink. The waiter came back twice to the table, asked my young nephews if they wanted another drink. The 2nd time as he was walking away I pointed out that I needed another drink. OK he said. He was overwhelmed, tired or disengaged, but when you spend over $100 a person you expect a certain level of service. Obviously things have changed and not for the better at BLT. Its sad, because the food has always been very good.
- PTJPTJVIPDined on 8/9/2014In my opinion, BLT continues to serve the finest steak in the city (although Charlie Palmer is a close second). My wife and I both enjoyed superbly done filets. The sides we had (potato skins, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, onion rings) are top-notch. Service is exceptionally attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on my trip to DCSydneysiderDined on 8/7/2014I celebrated my bday here with some friends. The food was amazing. The service was outstanding. We even got to taste a few extra dishes because it was my birthday. Thank you for making my evening so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpected delightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014We were in DC for a conference and were meeting an important partner within the Department of Labor so we wanted to go somewhere nice. We heard about BLT Steak so decided to try it out. It was such a great unexpected delight the food was fantastic, the popovers were delicious and the service was nice. Thank you!Special Features:
- No better than Ruth'sBelacquaDined on 8/7/2014Steaks are great, but the prices demand that quality, so this is neither good nor bad. The Caesar Salad is also a very well done recipe, nicely light on the dressing. But the $10 baked potato was overlooked; and the atmosphere was ho-hum (barely distinct from lawyer bars in Pittsburgh or Nashville.) There are lobbyists to be seen; if that thrills you. Otherwise, in the same general area of the Farragut Statue, if you are willing to spend $50+ a person for dinner (as you easily will at BLT Steak), you could try a place nearby with a more creative and varied menu, and probably even a bit less expensive, like the Oval Room, The Bombay Club, or (a little further than those but not far and worth the walk:) The Blue Duck Tavern at Park Hyatt.
- Best ever popoversHonest2014VIPDined on 8/6/2014The food at this chain never disappoints. The best part is the popovers. The grilled shrimp were perfect. If the bar is busy get a table far away if you want to hear those at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good SeakhouseIggyDined on 8/6/2014Okay this is a place that rates 4 1/2 stars. Bar was well stocked and bartenders knowledgeable. Amuse bouche is an amazing chicken liver pats as light as air and oh so tasty. Great cheese popovers as well. For dinner split shrimp cocktail and bacon. Both very good. We ordered steaks, of course. Two bone in rib eyes and bone in strip. Don't always see the bone in strip. Great portion size, cooked perfectly, all ordered at different temperatures. Quality was outstanding. Not cheap. Go.Special Features:
- TOO LOUDNoNicknameVIPDined on 8/6/2014Off my list for business lunches. Ridiculous to have to shout across a table for two.
- Excellent steak - at a priceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014I've been to more than one BLT, and the beef is among the best I've ever encountered. The price is comparatively high (about $50 a la carte for a filet), but I often split a beef entrée and order lots of sides, which provides a lot of variety and keeps the price below the stratosphere. Good wine list, good cocktails, and a highly knowledgeable server. This place serves GREAT steak and is far from pretentious. I'm eager to return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableDCDanDined on 8/4/2014BLT as a higher end steak house stands out with its attentive service, congenial staff, and naturally its tasty pop-overs. My guest, who was a first timer there, particualry noticed the personal, high level of service provided by the professional staff. Always memorable at BLT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLTRasikaDined on 8/4/2014I've been to BLT in various cities on a few occasions and I love it even more each time. The kobe skirt steak salad is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to ImpressIanDCDined on 8/1/2014After visiting BLT Steak last night, it confirmed why it is still my favorite steakhouse in DC. Its modern decor with clean lines makes it far more inviting than a traditional steakhouse. The food quality was still unsurpassed. Our steaks came out exactly as ordered (and seasoned just perfectly.) The wine list was diverse and extensive - an oenophile's choice. Service was welcoming and attentive but not intrusive. For example, the sommelier was able to pair our tastes and meals with excellent recommendations for wine. I can't reiterate enough how professional the BLT Steak staff are. If you are looking for a modern steakhouse in DC, free of pretension and attitude, but with food second to none, you can't do better than BLT Steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice, steak or noOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014The steaks are excellent, as you might expect, but the non-steak menu is also fantastic for those trying to avoid eating too much red meat or simply eat a bit more frugally. The service was top-notch, and while it can be a bit noisy inside, the patio was a perfect place to have a good conversation over lunch. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great TimeHighStandardsDined on 7/30/2014The food and ambience was great! The noise level was very loud. Good place for celebrating a birthday or a night out with friends. Not a good spot if you are looking for a quiet night!Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerSteak4meDined on 7/29/2014My wife & I had a fantastic dinner and the wait staff was very attentive. We had the tuna tartare for an appetizer and the Dry Aged Porterhouse for 2 for dinner. The porterhouse was cooked perfectly and was very tender. We also had the stuffed mushrooms and potatoes gratin as sides. These were good but I felt the portions were quite small. The dinner was expensive but it is a great special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014the food is always very good as is the ambience. we had slightly slower service then we are used to there but a minor glitchI would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseRonaldDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent but noise level makes it difficult to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste subjectiveBoringDined on 7/24/2014I have traveled 38 of 50 states rating steak at every high end stop: This was one I could have missed. Its been a standard for misrepresented steaks be sold to unknowing consumers; usda choice instead of Prime. This was the case for us. How can I be so sure? I frequently judge Bbq cook off studying steak as my specialty. Our steak, although cooked to proper Medium rate, was chewier than cow hide. The steak had moisture, but the lack of seasoning proved to be a boring experience. Adding salt to a steak after its cooked does little to enhance the flavor, but it was a nessecary step to eat this steak. Keep in mind that a bone in Ribeye traditionally has marbling within the tissue as this has near to none. Stick to the over priced Ruth ChrisSpecial Features:
- Steaks and morefriendandIDined on 7/24/2014Excellent beef, we had the short ribs and NY strip this time. Popovers are a really special start to the meal.Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Wow, I invited seniors and it was too noisy so we couldn't talk.
- Fabulous food / impeccable service1rishEyzDined on 7/23/2014Loved the thick bacon appetizer. Steak was like butter. Decent wine list. My new favorite place in DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSG03VIPDined on 7/22/2014I love BLT as a place for a lunch treat. The burgers and salads are delicious and although more highly priced than elsewhere, worth the premium in my opinion. Very good service with highly professional wait staff. Nice atmosphere. The popovers are "to die for" and served (hot) even with a burger or salad lunch. Love the specials that feature local fresh ingredients -- really enjoyed the heirloom local tomatoes on my last visit. The noise level is somewhat high, especially if you are seated near a larger loud group. I would avoid eating outside until the construction next door has been completed (it will be a while). Noisy and dusty currently.Special Features:
- DisappointingnancyaDined on 7/19/2014My husband had been to BLT several times before and enjoyed it so I took him there Saturday night for his birthday. Our server was very pleasant and encouraged me to order the special salad with arugula and melon. It was delicious. We ordered the porterhouse steak for 2 and that was disappointing. To pay almost $100 for this steak and have the filet fatty and some slices of the strip tough was just unacceptable. My husband didn't want to make a fuss so I didn't say anything to the server. Also, the sides of creamed spinach and potatoes were just enough for one person, barely enough for two. We will not be going back.
- BLT Steak is amazing!BltsteakVIPDined on 7/19/2014We went this past weekend for dinner and loved it. having been to almost every steak house in DC this one is tops. the steaks were perfectly cooked and the sauces amazing. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- SuperbRahTheDinerDined on 7/18/2014I was pleased on my first visit to BLT. I will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Amazing!LVFoodieVIPDined on 7/17/2014BLT Steak in DC is a must do. The food and service is everything you expect from a restaurant like this. Get the short ribs! The best dish there. You won't find short ribs anywhere like the way these are prepared. This space is good for a business dinner, dates or just a night out. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Food, Even Better ServiceJasonHDined on 7/16/2014Came here based on the Yelp reviews, and I was not disappointed. The food was fantastic, and I was really surprised how many things came out complimentary, including the puffs and the bread with the liver jelly. Both truly great! The steaks were cooked perfectly with great flavor. Good sides that complimented the meal well, and our server was amazing. he truly understood the menu, gave great recommendations and steered us away from things based on the information we gave him. He was awesome! I'll gladly go back. The only down side, and this will be a matter of your opinion, is that the inside of the restaurant is extremely noisy. So, we opted to sit outside, and really enjoyed the evening breeze. Great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.