BLT Steak DC
1625 Eye Street
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bltrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2026898999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm. Closed on Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your private event today.
A word from BLT Steak DC
BLT Steak's design integrates select traditional elements of the French "Bistro" and an American "Steakhouse". A lighter environment has been created that is enhanced by the richness of Macassar Ebony tables and matching suede. A 25-foot bar greets diners with an excellent array of libations for pre- or post- dining pleasure including an oyster and shellfish raw bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak DC - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
BLT Steak DC reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)fit for foodies (107)notable wine list (74)hot spot (71)good for groups (69)romantic (63)great for lunch (52)vibrant bar scene (45)great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Appetizers are WonderfuljanniegirlDined on 10/16/2014I love the popovers, bacon, and other tasty appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperiencekggoatVIPDined on 10/11/2014I have been to BLT several times for group private meetings and always had an outstanding experience. This was my first try as a couple and once again the experience was superb. The service was top notch and the food...was fantastic. BLT Steak is first class and not pretentious. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome lackingJanefrommaineVIPDined on 10/10/2014We love the food and service here but the hosts are unfriendly and unhelpful. We arrived10 minutes early for our table and had to wait despite the table being vacant. No apology, looked down on as two women, not the first time we have gotten that here, ageism, homophobia. We are willing to sink a lot of money for food and device but the people at the podium have to go. We don't need to be treated like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experienceluv2lunchDined on 10/7/2014This was my fifth or sixth time at BLT for dinner. Always a treasure, good food, exceptional wine list and enjoyable environment. A bit noisy, particularly as the evening goes along amid closer than necessary tables. But, a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely birthday evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Me and my boyfriend dined at "BLT Steak" for his birthday. What a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & servicefoodyumDined on 9/30/2014Food was amazing and the service was great. It was expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Expected MoreLsjx3Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I were in DC for long weekend. Experience here was very uneven. Arrived 10 minutes early for reservation and had to wait at bar, even though table we were eventually seated at (in bar area!) was clearly available. At the bar we were ignored- no service. Our waiter was great. Popovers that come with every meal - delicious. Steaks, surprising, not so much. I had 12 oz filet mignon, cooked perfectly. But I found the 'crust' unpalatable and scrapped it off. My husband was very disappointed with his '28 day' aged strip steak - very chewy, and 'medium' steak was raw in the middle. And the 'cast iron pan' presentation - weak. The sides, all a la carte, were overpriced and only so-so. For those prices, we expected more.Special Features:
- group of sixBroadwaybobDined on 9/27/2014our reservations were for 6:30 and upon arrival we were immediately seated. We did however have to wait at least fifteen minutes for the waitress to take our drink order. Two of the drinks were wrong when they did arrive, but the manager quickly replaced them. Other than that service was decent and the food itself was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite meal in DCSteakVIPDined on 9/27/2014The pop-overs, oysters, bone-in ribeye and mashed potatoes never fail. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch steak house!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014We went to BLT for a birthday and could not have been happier with the food or the service. Everything was amazing and there was more of a selection of steaks than I had ever seen from standard fare to exotic and rare cuts. You certainly pay for that kind of quality, but for a special occasion, BLT is worth every penny. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointedsouthsiderVIPDined on 9/25/2014Dinner for three. Two had steaks. Very disappointed. Over cooked and tough. Not good meat. Service was good and friendly. Wine list is excellent. Will not return. A C level steak house. Too many options in town to return.Special Features:
- friends74Dined on 9/25/2014Great food and terrific service. Who could ask for anything more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We came here to celebrate my boyfriends birthday and BLT did an amazing job, as always! This is one of our favorite spots and it never disappoints. Our waitress gave us an extra dessert on the house (which she had overheard us talking about) as a surprise, which just made our whole night. Such a nice gesture!Special Features:
- Excellent food but okay service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent steak absolutely one of the best and I have eaten at some upscale steakhouses! On the other hand the service needs to step up their game. At times I felt ignored and I could see the one waitress was handling too many tables. At a place like this I used to a tram approach and I saw that there was enough staff but it seed like everyone were doing their own thing which is not good for the price you pay to eat. Still excellent steak, done the way that I like it, medium rare, thus, the food alone makes the trip worth it for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDjeatsDined on 9/20/2014Had to return the lobster salad. The steaks were dry and lacked flavor.Special Features:
- Not so goodSuperPatrick123Dined on 9/20/2014I was not at all happy with my food. I did not like the crab cakes at all. I tasted mostly filler and not the crab. I ordered a rib eye medium rare and it came out over done. They brought out another one very quickly, almost too quick to have refired one. It looked a little weird. I did not send it back a second time. I ate a few bites off of it an brought the rest home to my dogs. The strawberry Sunday was good.
- Great service! Great steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014Dined here on a Saturday night with 3 close friends and we had an excellent time! Food was great, service was great, drinks were great!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/17/2014The food was great. But 30 minutes to get a bottle of wine. Disappearing waiters. And so okay you can hear the person next to you. There are better steakhouse all over dc...
- Just ok.UgotDined on 9/13/2014The staff was great but the "premium" steak one would anticipate tasting - was not. Enjoyed significantly better steak at a popular "national chain" steak restaurant.Special Features:
- If you like steak this is the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014My husband wanted the best steak in town for his birthday. Based on my research, BLTS was the place to go. Great steak he got. Everything else was okay. The caesar salad could have been from McDonalds. The grilled asparagus had no seasoning. The waiter would not leave us alone. I think he meant well, but we really felt rushed. It's really a guys place. There were very few women there.Special Features:
- DisappointedSteakloverVIPDined on 9/6/2014Sat in the back corner. Upholstery on banquette was torn and a piece was hanging. There was tape on the seat where we sat. Asked to take the rest of my salad home. It was never given to me. Filet was cooked to the proper temperature but, was stringy. Brownies brought to table after the meal were delicious. Been to NYC BLT Steak. Food far superior and noise level lower.
- Excellent as alwaysdcrealfoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014BLT always gets it right. Flawless food, excellent service. Don't change a thing, keep on doing what you are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud But GoodMacheteDined on 9/4/2014Recently, I've had a couple of business lunches at BLT. Although the noise level is high, the food and service are excellent so these attributes make up for the high decibel environment. I'll go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Went to dinner for a friends dinner celebration. Service was excellent!! Our server, Curt I believe, was very patient (we had a group of 8) and very accommodating. Thanks for making it a memorable and enjoyable birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Not what I excepted.EdwinDined on 8/30/2014I have visited a few highly ranked stakehouse rest in the past. And this one is at the bottom of the list so far. Def not what I expected. Specially not the way is ranked here on open table. If you have the chance avoid this place unless is your last resort. The attention was not the best. We literally. Waitied close to 15 min for our server to show up to our table. The food was not the best either. My wife had the fillet mignon and I had the rank of lamb. The food preparation was not the best. And my wife had to send back her steak since she asked for medium well and it was more medium than well. Our server was nowhere in sight for must of the night. And to top it off no changing tables at the bathrooms. So if you have a baby good luck.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesArlingtonHatrVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food is great here. Some favorites include the short ribs, filet, and those cheese rolls. Cocktails pretty good here too. Very pricey, so prepare to spend if you go.Special Features:
- Fantastic every timegoodeatsVIPDined on 8/29/2014I'm a regular at several red meat temples (Palm, Morton's, Bourbon Steak), but the service, food, wine, and cocktails at BLT Steak offer the best overall experience in the area. There is a great regular menu, but I also appreciate the menu board that offers specials and seasonal options. Steaks are the stars of the menu, but the short ribs, dover sole, and branzino are also great. The only "miss" I can think of is the lobster, which is more poached than grilled. Sides are very good and the crepe soufflé is a must have dessert. Service--especially from Wine Director Will Murck--is also strong, and they always make us feel like VIPs. Order wisely as there are often free extras like popovers, charcuterie, and truffled grilled cheese bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedDFIYAHDined on 8/28/2014Me and my wife were really looking forward to this place for awhile what a letdown. Are reservation was around 930pm and they close at 11pm. We were put at are table and did not get service for awhile. We finally got are waiter but he was not very helpful. Another gentleman working took are order. The food was brought out and my bone in ribeye was very good. The filet we ordered was just ok. No one asked us how we liked the food or if we needed anything else. I was not impressed with the service at all. I will not be returning to this establishment. Considering we spent almost $250 I would have expected better service.Special Features:
- Always awesomeSolidDined on 8/23/2014Wanted to get a reservation at the Ebbitt Grill in DC but couldn't. Glad I didn't. Not a single miss step. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak heaven .....hidden costs.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014By far the best strak I have had anywhere . Amazing food and service . We ordered the wagu sampler and the tomahawk ribeye. The menu stated $60 for main course , appetizer, and desert. We knew we had to pay an extra $110 for the wagu sampler, but not the tomahawk. The three selection option actually costedmore than just ordering a la carte. We were happy with food and service , but felt misled by the menu. I gave it a three because of this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch + Popoversjoe4Dined on 8/21/2014Popovers are the name of the game. In place of normal bread, you get delicious Gruyere infused popovers. The other food is perfectly good. But its not much different from Mortons. Here, Popovers win out.Special Features:
- Amazing steak houseSherwinDined on 8/20/2014My experience at this restaurant was always amazing .They have a Great steaks(cooked to perfection) and service.Special Features:
- Delicious, elegant, friendlyOpenTableRoxVIPDined on 8/20/2014I hosted a birthday dinner for my husband here, which BLT's fabulous event planner, Isabel Torres, put together for me in a wonderful way. I appreciated the efficient way she had menu options to email me immediately, and was easily accessible, and I was able to make arrangements easily by email. The servers were terrific and the food delicious (as it has been every time I have eaten at BLT in the past). Elegant atmosphere too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Food and Service. Noisy!MandyArlingtonVADined on 8/20/2014I had dinner at BLT Steak this week Wednesday night with a foodie friend, back in DC on leave from an overseas post. We both found the food to be excellent, and competitive with Smith and Wollensky. The filet mignon was delicious and our waiter was outstanding. My office is in the area, and I would definitely recommend BLT Steak for the food, service, and friendly atmosphere; but would caution about the noise level - which was far too robust for our preferences, making it difficult to converse comfortably. And this was on a week night! Better acoustics would definitely upgrade our overall rating of BLT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunchtime SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Went here for a work lunch. The food was fantastic and the service was very attentive without being overly so. Will absolutely return.Special Features:
- The steak was delicious.luv2dineDined on 8/19/2014We came in slightly before the dinner crowd (6pm) so it wasn't very busy when we arrived. Washington Post listed BLT as a one of the best steak joints in the DMV. The server was attentive, the cheese popovers (I can't remember if they're called that) served before the meal with butter and salt were amazing. I order the aged NY Strip and it was fantastic. Medium rare, cooked perfectly. Delicious. Rich but not overwhelmingly so. Also had an order of the stuffed mushrooms, which were okay, nothing special I'd say. After dinner ordered a cup of coffee and they also brought out a pair of complimentary chocolates, a very nice touch I thought. All in all, left very happy, although a little noisy towards the end as they filled up.Special Features:
- Good experience, not amazinghmastro7Dined on 8/18/2014The filet was very good but the sides were nothing special. The service was good but our server was not particularly friendly, seemed annoyed with us at times. They threw out the rest of the steak I wanted to take home. Complimentary dessert was a nice touch. Ruth's Chris still takes the title.Special Features:
- prietomania99Dined on 8/15/2014Great food. Great experience. Highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great steak dinner.Special Features:
- descent foodDew7Dined on 8/14/2014food is descent but not phenomenal. Quality of food probably not worth the price, but the crowd was pretty good.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDW14Dined on 8/13/2014When out-of-town guests want a great meal, including a steak, we always go to BLT. The highlight for me this time was the jalapeno mashed potatoes. Always top class service and dining experience.Special Features: