BLT Steak Charlotte
110 North College Street
The Ritz-Carlton Charlotte
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.esquaredhospitality.com/
- Phone: 7049724380
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm (closed for lunch Saturday and Sunday) Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, closed for dinner on Sunday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Laurent Tourondel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from BLT Steak Charlotte
BLT integrates Southern hospitality with the BLT brand for BLT Steak at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte located in urbane, yet warm, Uptown Charlotte. The menu showcases our signature warm gruyere popovers along with generous sides, specially selected steaks, and fresh seafood. In addition to the signature BLT Steak menu, weekly blackboard specials highlight southern flavors and ingredients. The Modern American Steakhouse's 75-seat dining room and bustling bar and lounge provides the true BLT experience with a Southern charm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
BLT Steak Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
BLT Steak Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)romantic (34)notable wine list (34)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (12)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Overall pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I enjoyed the food very much... The only issue I had was the manager that was walking around did not ever come by to check on us... He stood at one table talking for a good little while, turned to my table and looked at me and still did not come over to see how we were doing. I was actually in need of him because our meal came out after the table who sat down after us. He didn't seem to care. Maybe it was because I am 20 and young, but any person spending money in your restaurant deserves your attention. I'll return here for the food and staff but I don't care for the managerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We we're visiting my husband's family in Charlotte and I decided to surprise him with a birthday dinner. I ordered a sugar free cake from the hotel, which they accepted and kept in the back for us. The staff was all aware and were very helpful. The guests were all amazed by the food and the best was the my husband admitted it was the best ribeye he has ever had! That is not to be taken lightly coming from him. He's been to a lot of steakhouses all around the US. It was a great meal, fantastic ambience and beautiful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!tweety08VIPDined on 9/27/2014Nate and his staff took very good care of us! The tuna tartare with avocado appetizer was a surprising delicacy and the crab cake was delicious. The filet was cooked to perfection and the grilled asparagus and jalapeno mashed potatoes are musts for side dishes. The espresso cream pie with a cup of capuccino was amazing. The popovers really complete the meal and I really look forward to those every time I eat at BLT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not the bestBuchananDined on 9/21/2014This is in the ritz, so it's great service and good food. It was a basic steak place. Good, but not memorable.Special Features:
- Date NighthappyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Great date night! We had wonderful service and great food.Special Features:
- WonderfulatothejDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal at BLT on Saturday. The popovers were so delicious, the salads were fresh and the entrees and sides devine. My husband raved about the flavor of the sauce the short ribs were served with and I love the sweet, delicate flavor of the cod. Bravo. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Took GF for her birthday, food was amazing and service was just as goodSpecial Features:
- OutstandingFoodloverDined on 9/15/2014My guy is a huge steak lover and so for his birthday, I wanted to take him somewhere that specializes and delivers. So we went to BLT Steak and it was one of the best experiences we have ever had, he was a happy man, went home with a full belly and smile on his face. BLT Steak was a great experience, we will go again. Doug, our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive, he was amazing!!!Special Features:
- Perfect all around !!!DavidsoncoupleDined on 9/12/2014The night was just perfect. Our server was outstanding ~ Beautiful way to celebrate our 29th anniversary ! Thank you !Special Features:
- Great BrunchMH40Dined on 8/24/2014The food and service was fantastic!!! LOVED the Popovers! The server was very friendly and helpful. He seemed like he really cared about our experience. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Perfect mealwanguruDined on 8/23/2014Seafood platter to start. The ceviche and sauces were excellent. I had the Wagyu Skirt Steak which may be my new favorite steak. Medium Rare with a perfectly crispy shell, sliced just right. With creamed spinach and brussel sprouts. The gruyere popovers, duck pate and chocolate finisher were free and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experienceJohnDined on 8/23/2014Took some friends here that were visiting from Chicago. We just moved to the area in May and found this on a list of the 25 best restaurants in Charlotte. After eating there, it should probably be the Top 5 restaurants in Charlotte. Food was amazing. The Dover Sole was out of this world good. Even our friends, who aren't big fish eaters, said it was probably the best piece of fish they have ever had. My one negative comment was the amount of food pre-dinner. We all ordered salads (~$12 a piece) and then they hit us with a bread sample and popovers. A nice touch and delicious, don't get me wrong, but a ton of pre-meal food. Would've appreciated the waiter giving us a heads up that maybe $50 of salads might be a bit much.Special Features:
- Blt steak charlottestategogreenVIPDined on 8/22/2014No where as good as NYC. Food quality does not match pricing or ritz Carlton image.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful time! It was for a special occasion and it made our luncheon that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome dinnerstevedeutschDined on 8/7/2014dined w/ my wife and another couple. had a wonderful meal, with great service all around. appreciated that Keith, the GM checked in with us afterwards. can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLT was just OKCLTReviewerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Typically entertain clients for work and have been to many upscale venues around Charlotte; not too impressed with BLT. Based on the price, you would have expected more but it fell fairly flat in the food department however the location is great. There are many other choices in the surrounding area that delivers more. Regardless of price, the food was okay at best...Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 8/1/2014AMAZING! This place never let's us down! Food was great! Service amazing! Had the tuna app that was so beautiful you didn't want to eat it! Popovers are always great! Steak cooked perfect! The wine is very reasonably priced! It's pricy but work it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some room for improvementFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/30/2014Nice evening, delicious chicken liver pate and bread provided by chef during drinks. Appetizer of bacon with chimichurri sauce was delicious. Ordered the bone in ribeye and found the flavor to be excellent, but it was not really hot when served so it turned cold fairly quickly. Steak was served on a cast iron plate but it didn't really keep it warm. Service was quite good and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2tryDined on 7/26/2014I made reservations for my husband's birthday. The service was great and the food superb! Surprised about the amount of food. Couldn't finish it all. The restaurant was noisy & seating tight. We were seated in a corner booth, which was great because we didn't have to squeeze by anyone as we observed others doing. BLT, overall is a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksJameydwDined on 7/25/2014One of the best steaks I ever had and the sides were great too.... The service was great went for my wife's bday And she loved it we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!AmazingDined on 7/23/2014Food was great and the wait staff very friendly. Overall had a great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthdayLoverDined on 7/22/2014We had a great time as usual. Food was awesome and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the RotationNdaRotationDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I have been here twice and we plan on returning. We are adding this to our special occasion rotation as well as date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Before the ShowSneakyPeteVIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I dined before attending a play. Wonderful food and service. Jalapeno mashed potatoes were excellent. Steak was among the best I have eaten. Pecan bourbon torte with the Dubliner irish coffee was the perfect end to a wonderful dinner. When we go back to Charlotte, we will certainly return.Special Features:
- Simply fabulousTankVIPDined on 7/18/2014We loved BLT steakhouse for a recent anniversary dinner. Steaks and service wonderful. Very pricey, but worth itSpecial Features:
- Quick apps before the showCuldesacGirlsDined on 7/16/2014Food was amazing. Wedge salad came with too much dressing for me (will probably ask for it on the side next time), jalapeño mashed potatoes, shrimp cocktail, and brussel sprouts--all side items--were all we needed for a quick meal before the show. Waiter understood our time constraints, food arrived quickly, and he even escorted us to the correct exit for easy access to the performing arts center. Great experience!Special Features:
- Steak preparation not up to parFaveSteakVIPDined on 7/12/2014Mushroom side is weird, steaks were overcooked. Medium Rare was Medium & Medium was Medium Well. We were on a schedule with concert so we didn't have time to send steaks back to be recooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent food and service!UnimpressedVIPDined on 7/11/2014Very attentive and knowledgeable staff with good and wine pairings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious birthday dinner!!LocalUptownworkerVIPDined on 6/21/2014I had one of the best steaks in Charlotte with incredible service! Our waiter was excellent and took care of every detail. My only minor blimp - the sides were fairly small for the price and were "ok". I would suggest going for the meats then filling up on a dessert!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMjm2002mswDined on 6/21/2014Husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner - best salmon I have ever had! Husband had steak, and it was delicious also. Loved the popovers, BBQ corn, dessert. Our server, Nate, was nice and our glasses were never empty. Great place for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014best steak ive ever had, i would highly recommend it to anyone celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We had a terrific experience from the service through the entire meal. Best steak we have ever had....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great place to eatAnnieDined on 6/14/2014Excellent Food, and the Best Popovers in the world!Special Features:
- Never disappointsAlexVIPDined on 6/9/2014The food and service were good as always. Never had a poor experience at BLT.Special Features:
- GoodJK01Dined on 6/6/2014My meal was great. My husband later complained that his steak was cold when it came to the table. We were with his work colleagues so he didn't say anything. The sides were good too, but hardly 'family style' portions. It'd be more accurate to say they are sized for two people each.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 741 reviews are from the BLT Steak Charlotte reviews archive.
- Wonderful service and creative menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2014I dined at BLT on a Thursday evening, with clients of mine. It was a great environment, the service was wonderful, and the food was absolutely excellent. The popovers are one of my favorite items and they even give you the recipe to try and make them at home!Special Features:
- Great overallJeneeDined on 5/27/2014Nate was great! Filet was great! Lobster was char grilled so I probably wouldn't order that again. But great place for steaks. Appetizers were great as well!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!Displeased1VIPDined on 5/18/2014Innovative twists on brunch foods plus many other options. Service was spot-on, food was fabulous, and the Sunday crowd was calm, so the noise level was low-moderate which made for easy conversation. High recommendation!Special Features:
- Good service/presentationTXinNCVIPDined on 5/13/2014Our service was excellent -- just attentive enough without being too attentive, and content to let us have a leisurely meal. We followed several recommendations from our server, and all were excellent. Particularly notable were the bacon appetizer and beet salad. The bone-in ribeye was excellent. We were given a variety of sauces to try with it, but it really didn't need any help. I thought the tables were a little too close together. Between courses and during coffee, when I was pushed just slightly back from the table and had my legs crossed, I kept having to adjust as servers for other tables tried to go by. A minor thing, I know, but still on my mind after the meal. Bottom line, tho: I'd go back for the bacon, the steak and the bread.
- Anniversary WeekendRaisehand23Dined on 5/10/2014We dined on several appetizers and split an entree of Dover sole. Service was outstanding and the food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.