BLT Steak Atlanta
45 Ivan Allen Jr Boulevard NW
W Hotel - Downtown Atlanta
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Steak Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bltrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (404) 577-7601
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Laurent Tourondel
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from BLT Steak Atlanta
BLT brings their signature style to Georgia with BLT Steak. The restaurant integrates traditional elements of the French bistro with an American steakhouse and combines its signature rich warmth and texture with the sophistication and style of Atlanta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLT Steak Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (28)good for groups (21)notable wine list (19)romantic (10)great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Top notch service, best steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014There are many high end steakhouses in Atlanta, and many of them have amazing food. But I haven't been to one that matches the level of service you get at BLT. This is what every modern steakhouse should strive to be. There's no pretentiousness here (like some other Buckhead steakhouses) and the servers here are very knowledgeable and well-trained in fine dining, unlike some other Midtown/Downtown steakhouses (take some notes, STK). We've been coming to BLT regularly for several years now and have never had a single bad experience. Not even close. In my opinion, hands down the best steakhouse in Atlanta, and the best service of all restaurants in the city. (We eat out about four nights per week.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask the sommelier!DaddyKoolDined on 11/5/2014Wonderful non-pretentious man. Ask for his help and you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent settingsskinner1000Dined on 11/3/2014Weeknight Monday evening early, BLT served as a great setting for business dinner. Not crowded. Food was prepared exquisitely. We received exactly what we ordered. A 40 oz. Porterhouse steak was man-handled by a tag-team effort in our party. Filet was prepared perfectly with a wonderful crisp peppered crust. Drinks were outstanding from the bar. Overall a great location. My second time here and well worth re-visiting again and again. Hats off to the waitress that served us as well. She was perfect in every way, covering every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrimesteakPrimeSteakDined on 11/1/2014Nice restaurant in W hotel. Dinner area was very nice and we'll lit for steakhouse. Food was good but service was ok as they messed up the order.Special Features:
- Incredible BurgerBeerbrewerVIPDined on 10/31/2014First time at this location - what a burger - one of the best I ever had. I had their basic burger, added avocado - it comes with fries - I loved every bite and was filled to the max. One thing, Idid not love the little side of cole slaw - but that did not detract for me - what an excellent meal. By the way, join their hospitality group - get points and discountsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!!!AdrianneVIPDined on 10/16/2014Popovers are fantastic!! The steaks are very good and the sides are delicious. The salads are big enough to share. If you are visiting downtown Atlanta it is a good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engaging HostFoodHoundDined on 10/13/2014Great meal, great service! Host was engaging and fun. Would return again.Special Features:
- SolidCroweDined on 10/12/2014Steaks were great. Sides were ok. Service was good. Desserts were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!AceVanBoomerDined on 10/9/2014I was very pleasantly surprised at the superb quality of this place- seamless service, excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free extrasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Food was decent, pricey for what you pay. Good thing is they brought three appetizers as the nightly sample. Chicken liver tartar with bread, gigantic truffle bread things and two mini chocolate bites with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpricedroadwarrior48855Dined on 10/1/2014They sold me on their version of Kobe beef, it basically was an overcooked sirloin. Lobster was different and not in a good way, bill was over $400 for two people. Service was great!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/16/2014I brought a group of 4 there for lunch during a convention in town. The server, Sabrina, was great- very attentive and friendly. JC, the manager was very helpful with wine selection and was very informative.Special Features:
- Greeat steaks ok sidesWehohodgeVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have travel around the world for business meetings and have had some great steaks in my life. The steaks here are fantastic But the side dishes are a little to be desired. We ordered the bacon and Brussel sprouts and to our dismay it came out covered with a warm vinaigrette. The onion rings have sadly very heavy breadiing which makes the onions soft oily rather than crispy cooked onions with a flaky crust. The really unforgivable part of this place is the design. The entire center of the restaurant has a large window looking out to valet. So every time a car pulls up it fills the restaurant with blinding light right into guests eyes. It's nonstop and much like eating on the side of the road and kills any romance the place might have.Special Features:
- THANK YOU!KellyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Amazing service from your new manager & incredible wait staff! Wish I lived closer!Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Our waiter was very knowledgeable and the pacing of dinner was perfect. We chose the hanger steak along with the wine pairing for dinner. Wedge salad and desserts were great. Will definitely come here againSpecial Features:
- BigDaddyDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Terrific food and even better service. We will definately return!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Outstanding service. Attention to detail was amazing. Wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- Enjoyable, as alwaysdutchessoferlDined on 8/13/2014Service was impeccable. Could tell there was a new chef. A couple of our favorite items were cooked a little differently. Others were the same. And some that we had not tried in the past were great. Still our favorite restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingDillon865Dined on 8/10/2014food was outstanding, wait staff were attentive, wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a dinnerBauziDined on 8/10/2014Although the prices are quite high, this restaurant offers a very nice ambiance and good food. We had the hanger steak and rainbow trout. The trout was a bit oily and the steak portion rather small as a main course. However, the soup and entrance course where very big and also the dessert. The wine list is excellent, but high priced. This is a place I recommend for special occasions, when you are willing to spend some extra money. :-)Special Features:
- Needs new management!LUV2EATVIPDined on 8/9/2014There were 5 of us for dinner, on August 9th. Our orders were mixed up. Took over a 1/2 hour to get dessert and had to ask. Our server was in the kitchen talking with other employees. When we got our check and we had to ask for our server to come back and process the bill. A struggle.Special Features:
- Great Foodjtallant22Dined on 8/9/2014The food and the service were both wonderful. The only downside was the lighting. Bring a flashlight. All in all, it was a really great experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/9/2014We where here during Downtown Restaurant week, 2 of us got the special and the other 2 ordered off the menu. The best part of the meal was the popovers, ummmmm. Don't order to much of an appetizer so you can finish your popover, it was a real treat. The Hanger Steak and ribeye were tough, but the filet was very good. We also had the tomato risotto, good, mac and cheese with bacon and truffle, outstanding. Would try this place again.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014I wanted to go here for awhile and I am glad I came. The food was excellent, the service top-notch. We were welcomed the minute we stepped in the door and the manager immediately came over and welcomed us. He was present on the floor and checking all the guests to make sure they had everything they needed. Ample wait-staff and they came over and made sure we were comfortable. The food was excellent. The steak was just like I asked for it to be cooked and the BBQ corn was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better places in BuckheadFreqTravelerVIPDined on 7/29/2014Try Hals, Bones or New York Prime to mention 3 Service very spotty. Thankfully the manager was there.
- A lot to like herepufferooVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is a high-end steak house that has a more relaxed, cheery vibe, great steaks, and a great selection of appetizers and side dishes. (The bread rolls that come with the meals are particularly special and delicious.) I can't say that this is the very best steak I have had at this price point, but it is in fact very, very good and I would certainly eat here again. The steaks are brought to the table in very hot cast-iron dishes, and I thought that this made the steaks hot (which is good) but slightly more done than specified at order (not as good). Other than that, excellent.Special Features:
- The following 676 reviews are from the BLT Steak Atlanta reviews archive.
- Never disappointsSimSDined on 7/22/2014The combination of food, service and ambiance is unmatched. Definitely among the best restaurants in the city, especially if you're celebrating something special.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I must say that this place serves one of the best food in the city. The service is amazing. Must go place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must stop when in Atlanta!DuffDined on 7/19/2014Food and service are always exceptional! Selection of steaks is great and they are prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new Hot SpotUnsatisfiedPatronDined on 7/15/2014First time dining at BLT and I will be back. The pop up bread was Delish and the entree was even better! Lemon drops were superb!!!!!!! I had 3 and the bar tender hooked us up with this shot called a Peachtree street! My group sampled each other's dish. I have to admit, everything was A1!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimboDined on 7/12/2014Food was fantastic . Service flawless and the crime brûlée killer.Special Features:
- 7.11.14 dinnerMarkVIPDined on 7/11/2014We arrived early for our reservation and we were promptly seated. Server seemed either overwhelmed or not well trained. While she was very personable, her skill level did not meet the needs of the restaurant. Our food took quite some time to arrive, and am not sure as to why? The restaurant was not completely full. The food was delicious, however.Special Features:
- BobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Had a very nice experience. The cheese puffs were outstanding, and my steak was perfect. My wife's steak was a special rib eye fillet. It was tough, but cooked to desired temp. The manager was very friendly and accomodating. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- ServicePassVIPDined on 7/9/2014Great food is always but the service on this particular night, not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place...slow waitressSonjaDined on 6/24/2014It was my boyfriends bday night,So we wanted to try something new. We enjoyed the food...but our waitress kept disappearing. It took us forever to get our drink refills. She came back to our table a few times (yet we had to remind her of the items we requested) Overall good food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!jrock645Dined on 6/16/2014First time at the Atlanta location, but just as delicious as the Charlotte location. Excellent steakhouse fare done with style, grace and elegance. Had the wagyu spinalis with black garlic butter- great combination. The tuna tartare is always outstanding and the special of snapper ceviche was great as well. For dessert, the peanut butter and chocolate mousse(they call it a parfait at the atl location, for whatever reason) with banana ice cream is outrageously good. The side dishes are always rockin, too. Overall, my favorite steakhouse and I've tried most of them.Special Features:
- Wonderful Father's Day dinnerSWAtlantaFoodiesVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went to BLT for Father's day dinner and it was wonderful!! My husband loves steak and they never disappoint. I don't eat steak but there is always something on the menu for me as well. The service was great as well. The manager helped us with wonderful but reasonable wine. Just a lovely evening overall. Definitely one of our favorites!!Special Features:
- Pricey but remarkable!doublestackjackDined on 6/6/2014Had dinner here with my Houston based family. They are from steak country so I was a little nervous to recommend us eating here. They are foodies and great cooks themselves so BLT had an uphill battle. We all ordered the grass fed filet and everyone was blown away! We ordered every side on their menu and every one of them was spectacular! The popovers were a real crowd pleaser. My sis thought highly of the mojito also. I was surprised how empty it was for a Friday night but other than leaving our dirty plates on the table too long, the service was great. I will definitely come back and bring others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicedcastaldiVIPDined on 5/24/2014Ask for Ken - amazing service to go with amazing food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last minute brunch pick!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014Normally I would have chosen to go here for dinner, but as an only option for Mother's Day brunch, this was a great choice. As always, great service and amazing food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.