BLT Prime - Trump Doral
4400 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
BLT Prime - Trump Doral
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 3055916606
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:00am - 10:30am, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 1!:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: BLT Prime is Miami"s premier fine dining steakhouse. We feature the best beef available as well as locally sourced fish and produce.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our 2 elegant private dining room can accommodate up to 50 seated persons each. 60 to 70 for cocktails. Flexible menu options as well as drink packages are available.
A word from BLT Prime - Trump Doral
BLT Prime is Miami"s premier fine dining steakhouse. We feature the best beef available as well as locally sourced fish and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLT Prime - Trump Doral reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (21)special occasion (19)good for groups (14)romantic (11)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Finally a home RunCranebrothersVIPDined on 10/15/2014I took an associate for lunch and finally everything came together, food, service and ambiance. What you would expect from a restaurant that is location on a Trump property and in the price point that is above average for the area. It’s was great to finally find the right mix for a business luncheon in the Doral area where the food is above average & the ability to discuss business in a normal speaking level come together in a pleasant ambiance overlooking the Golf Course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion WorthyBasketkase045Dined on 10/10/2014Great for an anniversary. Staff is on queue. It is pricey but worth it. Food was outstanding (had the Hanger Steaks). Recommend Sitting outside, looked to be slightly nicer.Special Features:
- YummyMichelleDined on 10/10/2014Great popover bread, so warm and delicious, so were the mashed potatoes, so creamy! Kids menu good selection, their steaks were delicious. Wine was great but very expensive at $25 a glass. Lamb chops were undercooked and husband's steak overcooked. Great view of gold course, lovely curved bench seating.Special Features:
- Very good with room 4 improvementsRoadwarrior007Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and service, the space is very elegant, comfortable and relaxing. The place is very expensive but great addition to the Doral Miami area. Three opportunities for improvement; 1) Introduce some less expensive menu items 2) The side order need to larger, not what you expect in an steak house 3) Drinks need larger.
- Great foodLuv2dineDined on 9/20/2014We have been to BLT at Doral many times. The food is always great. Love those yummy popovers. This experience was far from good. The service was terrible. Parties who came in after us were served before us. We had to ask for every course. Even dessert was a wait. The restaurant wasn't crowded. The icing on the cake was when my husband was served a Cesear salad with iceberg lettuce. Nobody had an explanation for that. The manager was attentive but the service never changed. I know we will be back because it is a relaxing place to dine and there is no one pushing you out to seat another party, which in Miami is rare.Special Features:
- DisappointingAnonymousDined on 9/19/2014Service terrible. Restaurant not too busy, but never saw waiter after he took our order. Had to flag down two different servers for drink refills & another to ask for coffee & bill after our meal. Flies: hard to believe, but there were a handful of flies hovering over our table during the entire 1 1/2 hour lunch.
- the popover and the pate nice touchJorgeFerrerDined on 9/13/2014will come back again, great food, perfect fit for the city of Doral nice elegant steakhouseSpecial Features:
- Nice place, close to homeRRZPGDined on 9/6/2014The thing I liked the most is that it is close to my home in the Doral area, I don't have to go all the way to Miami Beach to get their world famous Popovers!! The Miami Spice menu was very nice and didn't leave me hungry, although I went off menu and had a Lobster appetizer!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014Dined on a Thursday night. Food was fantastic, wine list very good and the service was great. Don't pass up the Pop Muffins. They are delicious. The sun set view, from our table, over the Doral Golf Course made this a memorable expereince. Thank you for an Outstanding evening.Special Features:
- Great Dining DO NOT BOOK EVENT HEREAArceVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I recently brought some friends to visit BLT Prime and loved it!!!!! We loved it so much that we decided to hold our baby shower at this location and cancel the location we already had booked on the beach. HOWEVER, this is where it all went down hill. If you do not give off the perception that you have money please be prepared to be ignored. I wish the restaurant the best in success but get a new event planner as you will quickly lose your clienteleSpecial Features:
- Miami Spice AnniversaryEnmscDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I chose BLT Prime as the location for our 34th anniversary dinner as a way to take advantage of the Miami Spice offerings. The wait staff was gracious, welcoming, and attentive. In addition to the delicious Miami Spice menu, we shared a fabulous chopped salad. The restaurant was quiet when we arrived at 6:45, but was bustling between 8 and 9pm. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and dessert and very much appreciated the complimentary anniversary champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it, waste of money.Jusluvgrtfood34Dined on 8/24/2014All this restaurant has is it's name. Most people would think because it's one of Donald Trump's restaurant that the food would be magnificent. ...but it's not. I can on and on about a list of things that was wrong. I just know I will not return to this restaurant.
- Good was excellentJudy1137Dined on 8/23/2014Disappointed that we had reservations and we were told "the kitchen was backed up and they could not seat is for another Hour, however we could eat at the bar" we had made reservation NOT to have to eat at the bar. We ended up eating at the bar! The food was wonderful, however disappointed in the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MorethanexpectedDined on 8/22/2014The service was all around outstanding...from valet, waiters, bus boys, hotel staff. Very friendly, helpful and anticpating your needs. We had the miami spice menu and the salmon was superb! Four people in my party and we all ordered the salmon, all my friends in unison loved the salmon...it was cooked to perfection! Great job!Special Features:
- Awesome Dining in Doral!!CaliforniaGirlDined on 8/20/2014We've been there a few times, and this past week was superb. The wait staff was attentive, the service level was excellent, it had been lagging a little bit before. The food exceptional. The wone list isn't outstanding, could have better, prices and better choices, but it was good. All steaks were perfect. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLuvmiaspiceDined on 8/17/2014Great food. Love the Miami Spice Menu. The Popovers are the best!!!Special Features:
- Trumped!RonHDined on 8/8/2014The BLT Prime is gem right here in Doral. The menu has something for everyone. All we ate was superb! The service was attentive but allowed us to enjoy our dinner. The popovers are a real selling point. The wine list is extravagant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Service outstanding and attentive, ambiance fit for a prime steakhouse with spectacular view of the golf course. The showcased Kansas City hand rubbed strip steak was disappointing as it had no taste and when steak was served the meat was warm at best.
- mixed opinionsfran330VIPDined on 8/5/2014Six of us went for the Miami Spice menu. We had a great time but a lot of that was just being with friends. Some of us thought the food was great while others thought it was just ok. The wine was the most disappointing experience in that there were non to speak of under $70, and even at $70 there were only a handful and none of them good. Other than the wine guy, the wait staff was missing in action most of the time. The later part of the evening became actually frustrating as it took almost an hour to get our check. Even when we finally got it and gave our credit cards, it took 20 minutes for them to return for signature.
- A Wonderful experienceNatyDined on 8/2/2014I took my aunt and my mom out on Saturday night to try this restaurant, and it was an excellent choice. The food was awesome, the service was fantastic. The chef came up to our table and was absolutely lovely and just really happy to have us there. There wasn't a single thing I didn't enjoy about this restaurant. Not one single complaint. Everything was spot on. I really recommend this place, it's a versatile place to go. I saw families with children and I saw couples. It has a nice quiet atmosphere. You can hear the music playing. Just fantastic!Special Features:
- Love this place!LaurenDined on 8/1/2014This was our first stop for Miami Spice! The Mojo steak was to die for and the view overlooking the golf course was beautiful! Absolute hidden gem in Doral! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but long wait.MIAdinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014We've been to this restaurant several times now. I would say, go for the food but expect very slow service. Food is very good, especially the bone in ribeye, west coast oysters, tune and steak tartare. Unfortunately, restaurant is very understaffed right now . I will say that they really tried hard to make our dine experience a positive one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the BLT Prime - Trump Doral reviews archive.
- Need to Work on ServiceLovefood76Dined on 6/25/2014Servers were friendly but not very attentive and very slow. They need to work on presentation. There were times throughout the meal that the server just disappeared for at least 15 minutes. Especially at the end of the dinner- they were no where to be found to present the check, leaving for an awkward situation - this was a business dinner. I know that they are new at this location and working it out, Past experience BLT in NY is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Z06CorvetteDined on 6/20/2014Had dinner there to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday and it was fabulous! Staff, Manager, and everyone associated with BLT Prime was top notch. Not one complaint. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchFoodfinder143Dined on 6/19/2014I recently had lunch with a business associate at BLT Prime -Trump Doral, and this was the best lunch meeting I had in a very long time the service was perfect in every way the general manager was involve from the moment you enter to when you leave, which for us was 2.5 hours later. The food was excellent we ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir then we were served wonderful popovers which remind me of Yorkshire pudding, we snacked on crab cakes that were perfect and then our main courses consist of Filet Mignon,NY Strip, with Asparagus and spinach sides. Looking out on the Green Monster and eating this lunch was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great but expensivederamiDined on 6/12/2014Just as expected. 2 People, shared Appetizer, $70 Wine (one of the cheapest), 2 mains, shared desert: $300Special Features:
- Excellent Findconnoisseur1VIPDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant is located within the Trump National Hotel in Doral Florida, which is part of the Blue Monster Golf course. In essence, the scenic view for this restaurant is the beautiful golf course itself. There is a view from every table. The food was excellent, so was the service. The wine list was too expensive but was very complete. This restaurant is quite expensive, but it is an excellent place for special occasions, and for days when you want to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- even 1 star seems unfairLutetraDined on 5/14/2014I booked a table to have a meeting over the lunch and it was clear how unprepared the restaurant was to support lunch services during a conference. we waited more than 10 minutes to sit (I had a reservation) regardless and it took 1 hour and 20 minutes to have our food (burgers and grilled steak- really!?). When I asked about our food to the waiter (after 1h), he almost screamed saying I wasn't the only one waiting for that. on top of that, I noticed that all tables had the famous bread but of course, we had not received any of this. paying 18% for that service (I was with 4 guests) for sure was the worst deal I've ever had in terms of restaurant.
- Very nice but priceyFoodMonkeyVIPDined on 5/12/2014Expensive but the food was delicious, the service excellent and the atmosphere delightful.Special Features:
- Good Food, Mediocre ServicedecamargobDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant is generally very good, but its service astounded me. Let me be clear, the service I received from my server was shockingly sub-par. If we wanted service we had to flag down the server, when we could find her. Aside from that the food was as you would expect, but nothing exceptional. We went to try the restaurant with high-hopes, but most likely will not be going back—for the price-range I expect better service, and better-known establishments already possess the great food with much better service. It is regrettable too, because the restaurant's ambiance is a nice departure from the norm. To be fair, it is likely that I had a bad server, but nothing about the restaurant stood out enough for me to go back and try it again.Special Features:
- Lunch with a viewJoeRiversDined on 4/29/2014The restaurant is excellent. The food was delicious and the view to die for. The service was quite good although we had to ask for a drink and for an extra glass of water twice. We all ordered crabcakes as an appetizer and they were amazing. so was my filet mignon and the steaks most of my guests ordered. All the sides were delicious, except for the mushrooms that were a little tasteless. One item missing from the menu: The lobster macaroni and cheese. It should be a staple in every Stakehouse. In general I would visit this place again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, a bit understaffedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014The food was very good quality as you would expect but the staff was clearly understaffed so the service was unfortunately not up to par. Would still return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid if you have food allergiesVacaDinerDined on 4/26/2014Called in advance to see if they could accommodate my son's dairy allergy. After one mishap where they served his food with butter, and we sent the food back. Was told the exec chief had made sure my son's meal contained no dairy. Unfortunately I had to rush my son from the restaurant when he became violently ill from his meal. Probably a lovely place to eat if you have no series allergies.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!ahk1VIPDined on 4/26/2014I've been to BLT'S before so I expected great food and I was not disappointed. Beautiful view of the Blue Monster and wonderful service as well. Couldn't have been better.Special Features:
- nice upgrade for Doralgjp714VIPDined on 3/15/2014we started with the cocktails that were very nice , then we ordered appetizers , beet salad for wife , Caesar for me , the beet salad my wife liked , the Caesar well he never took the order for that , for main course wife had shrimps which were also good , I had the skirt steak which was excellent, we also had a couple of glassed of Pinot Noir , good but over priced 24.00 each , ouch , that was it we did not try dessert , overall food was very good , service was OK and ambiance was very nice, its nice to have an upscale restaurant in DoralSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still working out the kinksMJ1122VIPDined on 3/15/2014The restaurant just opened so I'll give them some leeway - the food was great but the service was a hot mess. Hopefully they'll find their groove soon because the space is beautiful and it has potential. I love in ny and have been to the blt prime there and most of the other blt properties - and this one doesn't quite yet live up to the same standard.Special Features: