Blowing Rock Grille
349 Sunset Dr
Blowing Rock, NC 28605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blowing Rock Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theblowingrockgrille.com/
- Phone: 828-295-9474
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small dinning room that can accommodate up to 16 people.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 828-295-9474
- Entertainment: Join us at the Blowing Rock Grille for an upbeat, exciting dinning experience offering a wide variety of prices and choices. Enjoy your meal outside on our scenic sidewalk garden courtyard or dine in our warm and inviting atmosphere. We are located down the street from the park on Sunset Drive. The restaurant has been a favorite for locals and visitors since 1982. Try our nightly specials along with a wonderful dinner menu featuring fresh fish, pasta, pork, aged premium steaks and a unique wine list. Have your favorite beverage at Bert's Bar. We offer incredible food and exceptional service.
A word from Blowing Rock Grille
Join us at the Blowing Rock Grille for an upbeat, exciting dinning experience offering a wide variety of prices and choices. Enjoy your meal outside on our scenic sidewalk garden courtyard or dine in our warm and inviting atmosphere. We are located down the street from the park on Sunset Drive. The restaurant has been a favorite for locals and visitors since 1982. Try our nightly specials along with a wonderful dinner menu featuring fresh fish, pasta, pork, aged premium steaks and a unique wine list. Have your favorite beverage at Bert's Bar. We offer incredible food and exceptional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blowing Rock Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great BR eatery. Great steaktwtwVIPDined on 1/25/2013Great BR eatery. Great steak and non-red meat dishes too.Special Features:
- We went for lunch to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012We went for lunch to celebrate my son's graduation. We ran late and they did not have a problem at all holding our reservation. The restaurant is small and cozy with a nice atmosphere. The service was great. Our waiter offered suggestions and was on the spot to refill beverages and clear away empty dishes. We had the best hamburgers, loaded with toppings and delicious flavor. We would definitely visit again if we were in the area. You do need a reservation for large parties as most tables only accomodate 4 people.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience!BeebeeDined on 12/8/2012We have eaten lunch at Blowing Rock Grille several times but never dinner. We'd made reservations because we thought it could be crowded, but when we got there, about 7:30 on a Saturday night, we were 1 of just about 3 parties there. I know others have complained about their server being lazy, but that was not our experience at all. She was friendly, warm, and best of all, attentive. In our party of 3, our orders were the grilled salmon (wonderful!), the crab cakes (very very good!), and the shrimp scampi (exactly what you would expect - heavy butter.) I also ordered a glass of wine & a side Caesar salad (large and very tasty). We all ended up wishing we'd gotten the salmon - it was perfect. Our bill came to $88. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Second visit within the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2012Second visit within the last year. Good variety of food and good service. Very good wine list including high end reserve wines.Special Features:
- Awesome Place!!!!!AnniversaryVIPDined on 11/10/2012LOVE LOVE....this place! Strongle recommend to any and everyone!Special Features:
- Nice relaxing restaurant/bar.BillDined on 10/27/2012Nice relaxing restaurant/bar. Food was good and reasonably priced, service was very good. Will certainly go back one of the better places for the price in town.Special Features:
- Although a kids menu is notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2012Although a kids menu is not provided, our server was very accommodating. He offered grilled cheese and kid portions of pasta. But, he recommended that our 3 and 8 year-old split an order of capellina (with marina). We would have been charged an extra $5 if the entree was split in the kitchen. Our server brought an extra plate and let us do it at the table. The capellina with shrimp was outstanding and chalk full of huge shrimp. The "blackened" salmon was one of the best that my husband has ever had.Special Features:
- A little disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012A little disappointing. The food was good but not special and prices were relatively high for what was on the menu. The service was only fair--water glasses not refilled. Minimal contact with server.
- The Blowing Rock Grille isOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2012The Blowing Rock Grille is a pleasant, convenient restaurant in the village. The menu is limited if you don't want to order a full, gourmet meal.Special Features:
- Prime rib special was cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Prime rib special was cooked perfectly, but cut of meat was a little tough (compared to Outback). Fried shrimp was terrific...fresh, lightly battered, and delicious.Special Features:
- The meal was not well balanced;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012The meal was not well balanced; food too richly prepared without anything to balance it.
- Lunch is good, but dinner =(OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012I have been to this establishment now 4 times. 2 times at lunch and 2 times at dinner. By far, lunch is much better. Dinner was disappointed, I ordered grouper and it was pitiful. Lunch on the other hand is good, especially if you are sitting outside. I ordered the meatloaf sandwich and my friends had a mushroom swiss burgers and they also said it was tasty.
- The Grille may have been caughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012The Grille may have been caught with too many patrons. The food was cold and dry and we all felt (four of us) unwell after the dinner. The waitress was trying to give us extras, but we left unhappy. We will never return.Special Features:
- Wonderful cosy atmosphereBggirlDined on 10/18/2012Wonderful cosy atmosphere with great service and food
- Greeted warmly; young manOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2012Greeted warmly; young man who greeted us very polite both on phone and in person. Cozy atmosphere with very good food and service.Special Features:
- Food great as usual!CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 10/13/2012BRG is one of our favorite restaurants! We eat there frequently and always enjoy the experience. On Friday, we took a friend to lunch. I had made reservations for the patio but upon arrival was told there would be a wait for the table. We chose to eat inside because our friend had an appointment. While the food was a delicious as always, the experience was not the one we wanted our friend to enjoy. We talk so much about BRG that I think our friend was disappointed. Living in the area, we want our visitors to love the Grille as much as we do. Given the huge crowds in Blowing Rock right now, it is easy to see how the reservation was not followed about the patio, but it was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Blowing Rock Grill Always ExcellentCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 9/30/2012Blowing Rock Grill never disappoints. The food is always delicious, and the outdoor patio is a true Blowing Rock dining experience. We had a friend with us who is recovering from a serious leg surgery. The restaurant sat us at a patio table that worked for her, and she was able to go in the restaurant to the ladies' room without a problem using the ramp. I had the BLT Wedge with grilled chciken which was excellent. My husband had the best burger in Blowing Rock, and out friends had a Ruben with sweet potatoe fries and the Chicken Marinara. Each of us was happy with our selection, and the bottle of San Angela Pinot Grigio went well with everything. Reservations for the patio are a must during fall. There are heaters for cool weather!Special Features:
- OUR ALL TIME FAVORITE!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012The Blowing Rock Grille continues to be our favorite restaurant in the High Country. The service is excellent, and the food delicious. We usually dine here whenever we come, which is about twice per month average. We have always been pleased with everything!Special Features:
- Another fabulous fall eveningCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 9/13/2012BRG continues to be a favorite. We took friends who are spending the month of September to the area. They had been with us on several occasions and enjoy it as much as we do. The vegetable soup is delicious and never disappoints. I had the BLT wedge with chicken and found it to be fresh with small strips of chicken breast. My friend had the Ceasar salad with salmon, and she said it was great. The guys ate the trout and both enjoyed the delicate flavor. The wine list, whole not large, has some great choices for both red and white drinkers.Special Features:
- BRG~a time-tested favoriteCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 9/7/2012BRG never disappoints. The food, the service, the outdoor patio, and Larry, the owner, always add to a perfect evening. This is a wonderful restaurant to enjoy with friends or with your favorite person. The trout is mouth watering without any hint of the "fishiness" that sometimes accompanies it. The vegetable soup is like "momma made" and the bread is always delicious. Reservations for the patio are a must in summer and during leaf season!Special Features:
- The best of Blowing Rock diningCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 9/2/2012BRG is fat becoming our favorite restaurant in BR. The food is always good, the service friendly and prompt, and the outdoor patio perfect! Recently we met friends of a quiet Sunday night dinner. It was great ~ a true Blowing Rock experience. (-: The dog- friendly patio is great for chatting and talking. Reservations are a must throug leaf-season.Special Features:
- Great eveningCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/25/2012We enjoyed a delicious meal on the patio on a perfect night in Blowing Rock. The service was great, and the food (prime rib and pork chop) were both tasty and presented well. The southern green beans were just like my mother used to make! Our waitress was friendly and accommodating. The busy restaurant is always a great place to enjoy the best in Blowing Rock. We always meet new people and end up chatting with them. The young man who seats folks is one of the most personable maitre d's in BR! He goes the extra mile to make everyone feel welcome ~ from the pets on the patio to the children who come with their families! Kudos to him.Special Features:
- We had a group of 7 in thelove2eatDined on 8/18/2012We had a group of 7 in the back room and we were basically forgotten. It took 10-15 minutes to get our drink orders, and easily 30 minutes lapsed between when we finished salads and when we got our entrees. While they were kind enough to split the bill between the different couples, an expensive bottle of wine was put on the wrong tab. When we asked if that could be corrected, the waitress asked if we could just settle it up amongst ourselves. Kind of defeats the purpose of separate checks. Overall the food was fine, but the service was so bad that I just couldn't recommend this restaurant unless you feel like having a VERY leisurely dinner with not much interaction with the wait staff.Special Features:
- Give it a try!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2012We were very pleased with the food and service. The restaurant was recommended by a friend. We tried the spinich & artichoke dip, the addition of peper jack cheesewas an excellent variation. The filet was slightly overcooked(I ordeed medium rare and it was served closer to medium)but was very tender and had no fat, excellent. My associate ordered the spinich salad and added shrimp to it; it was terrific.Special Features:
- Waiting with great wine helps!CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/11/2012We visited BRG for lunch on a crowded Saturday. While the service was slow, the food was delicious as always. Our server was working very hard and remaIned pleasant; she just had too many tables and the kitchen got behind. We had invited friends for the weekend, and they loved the food ~ especially the Reuben and the roast beef with dip.My husband had his all time favorite~ the Bert Burger. I enjoyed the grilled chicken breast salad with golden raisins ans walnuts. YUMBO for all the meals! Also our friends were impressed with the wine list. We enjoyed a great bottle of Dumol Pino Noire, but due to the wait, drank most of it before the food arrived. But it made waiting far more pleasant! (-:Special Features:
- We went twice in a row, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2012We went twice in a row, and loved the outdoor garden, the small town feeling. drove all the way from Charlotte to meet up with friends for lunch. Talked to owner, very friendly great chlf, everything was outstandingSpecial Features:
- A wonderful time on a wet night!CarolinaGirlVIPDined on 8/3/2012We love the BRG and enjoy dining there often. This visit included six friends and my spouse and me! I had requested the side table outside. Naturally being Blowing Rock, it showered right before we sat down. The restaurant staff dried the chairs, arranged the umbrellas for ultimate coverage, and made sure we were well taken care of. The food was great~salmon cakes, burgers, salads, etc. The service was pleasant and attentive. The BRG is the perfect place to spend a wonderful evening with friends with well prepared foods and price conscious wines and other drinks.Special Features:
- Reserve a table on the patioCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 7/28/2012Recently we had weekend guests and I took the ladies to BRG for lunch. They both enjoyed sitting on the patio, as well as their delicious lunches (spinach salad,, clam chowder, grilled chicken salad, and the best Reuben in Blowing Rock...or anywhere else). The lunch was pleasant with the waiter doing a good job of taking care of us. He never made us feel rushed even though the restaurant and patio were both full. The Blowing Rock Grill consistently offers a great dining experience with different specials daily. Reservations are recommended in the summer season!Special Features:
- Mixed and MediocreJPP1995Dined on 7/15/2012We have dined at BR Grille many times and enjoyed both the food and intimate atmosphere of the restaurant and patio. This past experience did not live up to our previous ones however. The quiche of the day was microwaved and very chewy; the corned beef hash special was good as were the grits and poached eggs that accompanied the dish. Our waiter knew nothing about the menu items nor was informed about gluten free menu choices. One of our party could not do wheat or gluten and he could not come up with one item on the menu to suggest to her. We selected a salmon salad. Having had previous experiences with this restaurant I hope it has not decided that its great reputation can overcome mediocre food and service.Special Features:
- Patio and food fabulousCarolinaGirlVIPDined on 7/14/2012We enjoy BRG alone and with friends frequently. Dining on the patio is always great. Last night we enjoyed excellent casual food (burgers and salads), good wines, and wonderful friends. The weather was perfect and the service was very good, so a great experience all around. Larry, the owner, sat nearby and was warm and welcoming. BRG patio is the perfect Blowirng Rock experience.Special Features:
- Nothing special. Food goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012Nothing special. Food good but not understanding. Ambiance was very generic.
- Great food and Exceptional Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012We had a great meal, the food was very good and the service was outstanding. My wife and her sister both ordered the wrong item (was ordering off lunch menu at dinner time) and our waiter Tyler did not even hesitate when we asked if we could get the lunch item instead. He promptly took the meal back to the kitchen and had a new order out in just a few minutes. Their food was very enjoyable, I have the Salmon and it was cook perfectly! We even went back for another meal later in the week and thoroughly enjoyed both meals!Special Features:
- We sat in the restraunt forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012We sat in the restraunt for 20 minutes before getting our drinks. It took an hour to get our food. Also rand out of a vegetable we requested. It was a Monday night and there were not very many customers.
- Nice night out....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012nice night out with my wife for my birthday. Great wine list although it didn't match up too well with what we reviewed ahead of time on line on their website. Both my wife and myself had the mountain trout which was fantastic. We had eaten here in the past for lunch outside on their patio but inside for a nice dinner on a hot, humid nice in the AC was very nice. Although the timing of our ceasar salads was off(they came out minutes before our entrees), that was the only flaw in the evening. I would go back again and the prices were fine for the quality of the food offerings. Nice place to go in Blowing Rock. I can't see any negatives....Special Features:
- Nice place but..healthyDined on 7/7/2012Overall it was good but service was very slow. We went as a family, all five of us. While the food was very good it really was not up to the price charged. Our waitress was very nice but it took a long time to get our food. Burgers were great
- Great lunch in Blowing RockCarolinaFamilyDined on 7/7/2012It was great to know that we had a reservation for lunch on a Saturday near the 4th of July in Blowing Rock. We dreaded the thought of waiting in a line for a table and that led us to making an online reservation through Open Table to the Blowing Rock Grille. First time we've eaten at BRG and we will go again. We ordered a burger - very good quality beef, not too lean and not too fatty, cooked perfectly pink and moist, a club sandwich and a very good salad with a salmon fillet. Service was perfect - friendly and efficient. Iced tea was OK, a bit weak. We ate inside to enjoy the AC but even at 80 F degrees the outside seating looked comfortable, shady, and popular. Located a block or two off of Main Street. Ambiance is very nice.Special Features:
- We were ostracized to a backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2012We were ostracized to a back room where they store things. We were the only family in there. They have a huge and beautiful front room and room out front. We came at 7P and have well-behaved children. The menu was very good. We have eaten there before. Things were well prepared and the server did a very good job. We would go back. I would never sit in this space again.
- Nice menu, reasonable selection.AWESOMEDined on 7/4/2012Nice menu, reasonable selection. Service was very good, very attentive wait staff. We've been there on multiple visits to Blowing Rock and the experience has consistently been good.Special Features:
- After hearing such great reviewsDanGDined on 7/3/2012After hearing such great reviews we were very disappointed. Server was disinterested and made no appology for wine that was undrinkable. Trout was over cooked and the pasta was bland. We wont be back....
- Outside eating is preferred...Kpw001VIPDined on 7/1/2012I prefer to eat outside at Blowing Rock Grille. We had Sunday Brunch/lunch. Wish they had more selection for brunch and prices were a bit lower. The veggie wrap and omelette were very good.Special Features: