171 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/
- Phone: (843) 722-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner starts at 4:00 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Close
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking weekdays after 5:00pm & all day Saturday & Sunday.
**Please note that the parking lot is not available Monday-Friday before 5:00pm. Public parking is located in the garage on Cumberland Street.
A word from Blossom
Blossom, located in downtown Charleston, S.C., serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close offers simple, clean preparations which feature ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (146)special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (92)great for outdoor dining (81)romantic (77)good for groups (70)great for lunch (64)great for brunch (51)notable wine list (40)hot spot (36)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- I wasn't very pleased withJameeDined on 1/30/2009I wasn't very pleased with my dining experience at Blossom. I ordered a salad with dressing on the side and the dressing came on top, although the waitress did offer to change it. Then I ordered the gnocchi and the menu stated they were ricotta gnocchi in a parmesian cream sauce with spinach. However, the gnocchi themselves were spinach, which I felt was misrepresented by the menu description.
- Food was good, but slow toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/24/2009Food was good, but slow to arrive. Very loud. Overall though, a nice place for dinner.Special Features:
- Blossom is great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/17/2009Blossom is great place to get a meal and enjoy a nice atmosphere. I've been a couple of times and haven't been disappointed yet. I will say that it can get loud in there, but then again I was sitting next to a table full of women.Special Features:
- The Wife & I & my ParentsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/15/2009The Wife & I & my Parents came for a special occasion on a THursday evening. The food was very good and cooked expertly: a fillet done PERFECTLY, the yellowfin - fresh & again, cooked to perfection! The (booth) setting was nice & it was not too noisy for a pretty full room. However, my Dad thought it pretty expensive @ almost $50/person... None-the-less, a very nice experience.Special Features:
- We made reservations for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2008We made reservations for 4 at Blossom for New Year's Eve. Although our reservations were for 9:00, we arrived at 8:30 to check in. We waited at the bar for over an hour before we were seated. Once seated, we realized the menu had been shortened severely and 2 "specials" had been added. The reservation confirmation clearly stated the menu for New Year's Eve would be the regular menu, not a special menu - not the case! Once the waiter finally came to take our dinner orders, he then informed us that they were out of two of the best menu items. We had already waited for an hour and half at this point! The room was very smoky. The food was not worth the price we paid. Very unfortunate experience.Special Features:
- Four of us had a wonderfulAnnaJVIPDined on 12/31/2008Four of us had a wonderful early meal on New Year's Eve. We were seated within five minutes of our reservation. Service was very good. Wait staff was very attentive. Food was very good. Would absolutely return.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2008Food was very good. Our waiter was just fair. He forgot to bring a drink from the bar, didn't refill the bread or get empty plates off of table in a timely manner. He just seemed kind of not with it. Other wait staff seemed to be more on top of things. I would go again and just make sure I got a different server.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2008This was my second visit to Blossom and both have been spectacular!Special Features:
- The fried oysters were theDisappointedDined on 12/27/2008The fried oysters were the best ever. Great service.Special Features:
- Family of four, and we allAlecCDined on 12/24/2008Family of four, and we all finished everything served - unusual for us. Very tasty. Nice lighting and seating.
- Thiss is one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2008Thiss is one of our favorite restaurants in Charleston. We always go to blossoms when we visit Charleston. the food, ambience and service are great.Special Features:
- The sweetest patio in Charleston,fringebenefitDined on 12/14/2008The sweetest patio in Charleston, secluded with a burbling fountain. Food absolutely top notch with the sole exception of a very runny creme brulee--more like uncooked pudding. But the three exquisite macaroons on top made up for it. Otherwise, this place can't be beat. This was our third time. Everything we've had here outstanding (but for that creme brulee).Special Features:
- From the start, when we walkedShelleyDined on 11/28/2008From the start, when we walked into the restaurant, the staff was professional and extremely personable. When I requested a copy of the menu, our waiter, Mark, was only too happy to oblige. The food was first rate and I am extremely critical when it comes to cooking. The ingredients were fresh, the dishes reflected the "low country" style of cuisine and were delicious. the appetizer Fried Shrimp with a corn, vegetable combination upon which the shrimp rested was absolutely wonderful and rated mopping up every last drop with the excellent bread.Special Features:
- This is a place where we alwayscatladieDined on 11/27/2008This is a place where we always go at least twice while we are in charleston.Never disappointed.............Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2008Really enjoyed the restaurant in general but the noise level for a romantic "date-night" was quite high. There is a lovely little outdoor area which looked much more intimate and we would have tried it if it hadn't been so cold out. I would definitely go there again but I would sit outside for added quiet/privacy!Special Features:
- Casual, tasty but predictable.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2008Casual, tasty but predictable. Nothing went wrong but nothing really wowed us. Our waiter was a little nervous, must have been a newbie. My fiance and I started with the fried oysters in creamed spinach - great choice if your in the mood, but we were hoping for raw oysters instead...The Maple Farms Duck was delicious and we had mixed feelings on the grilled tuna. The wine list however has a very affordable selection of Willamette Valley Pinots (great region for Pinot Noir). Overall, a nice restaurant for a random Friday/Saturday but not the right spot for a special occassion.Special Features:
- Great food in a great setting.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/1/2008Great food in a great setting. Free parking evenings and weekends.Special Features:
- Blossom was a good restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2008Blossom was a good restaurant, service from our waiter was very good. Reasonable value.
- Our server was extremely knowledgeaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2008Our server was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, with great suggestions. The wine list wasn't huge but was big enough to please most and the food was prepared perfectly and tasted outstanding. One of the best overall meals I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Everything was great exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008Everything was great except for the special-which unfortunately, two of us ordered.It was burned and almost inedible--VERY disappointingSpecial Features:
- A job well done, and a specialSteakDined on 10/9/2008A job well done, and a special touch knowing it was my guests birthday by the card option. We will be back!Special Features:
- Charleston has many outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2008Charleston has many outstanding restaurants and we try different ones with each trip to visit. Blossom atmosphere is relaxed with friendly and efficient staff. Our party enjoyed the salmon, blue crab ravioli, yellow fin tuna, and swordfish. The family made a unanimous decision that Blossom is now the favorite.
- The patio at Blossom is oneChickVIPDined on 10/4/2008The patio at Blossom is one of the few places to have an outstanding meal outdoors in Charleston. The food is always excellent.Special Features:
- Blossom is always one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008Blossom is always one of my Charleston favorites. Our dinner was excellent, food was delicious and I cant rave enough about the red velvet cake bread pudding dessert. My only request would be that that dessert be on the menu all the time!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2008We had a wonderful time at Blossom for an early dinner before the Symphony. Our service was prompt, the waiter was knowledgeable about both food and wine, the food was amazing and we felt very much at home! We will definitely return to Blossom again, and strongly recommend it.Special Features:
- With the exception to an obnoxiousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2008With the exception to an obnoxious woman at the next table, this was a very pleasant experience. The duck was cooked perfectly and paired with a wonderful rice side. Most of the time I could leave the rice, but this was cooked well and had great flavor. The mahi mahi could have used a little more flavor. The garlic spinach was ok, but could have used additional seasoning. The grits had great texture and flavoring.Special Features:
- We loved our experience atSharonDDined on 9/3/2008We loved our experience at Blossom! Everything was wonderful! Excellent service, beautiful ambiance, and delicious food!Special Features:
- Dinner presentation was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/31/2008Dinner presentation was excellent, although this is definitely not the restaurant to go to for a 'cozy' atmosphere. The tables are quite long forcing you to yell at whoever you are with as the restaurant is not quiet. The service was excellent though and the staff very attentive. They do have an outside patio which we did not eat on, but it does have a retractable awning.
- Blossom is an excellent choiceMaryCDined on 8/31/2008Blossom is an excellent choice for great food and great service! Our waiter was personable and attentive without being constantly at our table. Enjoyed this experience very much.Special Features:
- As long as you don't set yourOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2008As long as you don't set your expectations too high, Blossom is fairly enjoyable. The food wasn't great (although, splitting the pizza for an appetizer was a great choice -- quite delicious!) but the prices were not very high either. Unfortunately we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table that we made a reservation for and the staff wasn't at all apologetic. There are definitely better restaurants on East Bay in Charleston (Fig, Cypress, Slightly North of Broad), however you could end up paying quite more for it.
- The server having noted thatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2008The server having noted that I was a vegan, came to the table prepared with options for me. I really appreciated her wanting to accommodate me.Special Features:
- My husband and I chose BlossomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2008My husband and I chose Blossom for our special dinner out during our recent honeymoon in Charleston. We couldn't have been happier. The food was excellent. Our appetizer of perfectly cooked scallops over bacon and fontina polenta was a great start to a great meal. The menu covers choices for the non-adventurous eaters and the seasoned foodies. My husband had the steak frites, and I chose the duck. We ended the meal with chocolate mousse and rasberry creme brulee. We were very happy campers that night!Special Features:
- Overall the foothe d qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2008Overall the foothe d quality was good. However, the buttermilk fried oysters were delicious. Not too impressed with tuna carpaccio and buttermilk fried shrimp. The veal chop was good but needed more seasoning. The edges of the blue crab ravioli were hard, and the sauce overpowered the crab in the ravioli.Special Features:
- Great restaurant with fantasticNspragueDined on 7/27/2008Great restaurant with fantastic food and service. We had the tilefish and red grouper and both were extremely fresh and creative dishes. Another member of the party ordered the vegetable pasta which included fresh pasta and local produce, and they found it excellent. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely not the pretentious feeling we received the next night at its sister restaurant, Cypress.Special Features:
- It was fantastic. It is theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2008It was fantastic. It is the kind of restaurant that I would enjoy going to often but not one that I would take someone to for their birthday. Some of the dishes are awesome and some are just boring. Try the Tuna with the port wine reduction!!!!!!! Stay away from the crab ravioli.Special Features:
- I love Blossom. It alwaysDeliziosaVIPDined on 7/24/2008I love Blossom. It always lives up to expectations. I love the fact that they are open for lunch and dinner. It is a great place place to escape the heat of the day.Special Features:
- Food was good, but portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2008Food was good, but portions were a little on the small side. Service was good. I can appreciate the fact that the wine list is categorized according to price, but I found it difficult to locate a specific vineyard or varietal. Atmosphere is lacking. Decor is outdated. The main dining room feels like a 1970s civic center banquet hall. In this town, a restaurant either needs to be upscale (Cypress) or seriously historic (SNOB). Blossom is neither. An upscale dining experience should be a stimulation of all of the senses, not just the palate. Didn't experience anything that would keep me from coming back, but wasn't blown away either. Of course, for those of us lucky enough to live in this town, being blown away is a high standard..Special Features:
- The food was good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2008The food was good but not great. We tried both of the specials of the night and didn't love either. There are so many better restaurants in Charleston that I don't think we will try Blossom again.
- Special occassion - our anniversaryJSASUALUMVIPDined on 7/19/2008Special occassion - our anniversary - was reason for dining.Special Features:
- The food was excellent; CrabJamabreeze13VIPDined on 7/10/2008The food was excellent; Crab Cake appetizer was a "killer", the Black Grouper was presented with perfection and very well seasoned, Trout was prepared to taste, and the pan seared scallops and vegatable melody w/pasta was very well presented. My party would like to see the pan Seared scallops as a main entree disg, not just as a appetizer.Special Features: