171 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/
- Phone: (843) 722-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner starts at 4:00 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Close
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking weekdays after 5:00pm & all day Saturday & Sunday.
**Please note that the parking lot is not available Monday-Friday before 5:00pm. Public parking is located in the garage on Cumberland Street.
A word from Blossom
Blossom, located in downtown Charleston, S.C., serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close offers simple, clean preparations which feature ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (146)special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (92)great for outdoor dining (81)romantic (77)good for groups (70)great for lunch (64)great for brunch (51)notable wine list (40)hot spot (36)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- I had requested that BlossomsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2009I had requested that Blossoms give my wife and I the "red carpet" treatment. From the time I sent my reservation a week prior to the date through the end right up to about an hour before our arrival, someone was in contact with me, confirming the time, setting, extras that might be needed and just a little bit of TLC to allow me to be at ease for this anniversary dinner. I will go back time and time again as the wait staff and manager for the restaurant went above and beyond with a great review of what the menu entailed, genuine concern for our night but most of all, and this is what Charleston is all about.... Hospitality from the suave southern lips of any belle or beau. Thanks to all that made this happen!!Special Features:
- Very good food and ambiance.bartlettDined on 5/28/2009Very good food and ambiance. Outside dining in pleasant setting with little street noise. Presentation excellent. Prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Service was excellent, friendlyGramlynDined on 5/24/2009Service was excellent, friendly and timely. Food extremely good. We ate on the patio at 5:30 before the rush and we were pleasantly surprised.
- Loved: Courtyard dining, parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/22/2009Loved: Courtyard dining, parking lot next door, ambiance inside and out, friendly service, and most of all the food and wine: beet salad, wreckfish special, pasta primavera, red velvet bread pudding dessert, albarino by the glass. Will go back in a heartbeat when in Charleston again.Special Features:
- We brought friends in fromOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2009We brought friends in from out of town and they enjoyed it very much. The food was delicious and can't wait to go back. The only down-side to doing reservations online was that our group was bigger than 4. I called ahead and changed it to 6-it was not a big deal. Thanks.
- We had an outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2009We had an outstanding meal with great service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Charleston and I would highly recommend the Red Velvet Bread Pudding for dessert! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Free Parking, great food ,jeanneDined on 5/16/2009Free Parking, great food , ambiance, pricing...staff was very friendly, and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great seafood and perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2009Great seafood and perfect service. We weere not hurried and the food was just great.Special Features:
- This place was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2009This place was recommended by a colleague and it did not disappoint. The food was all marvelous, from the buttermilk fried oysters we had as an appetizer to the main dishes and sides to the sinful dessert. I had pan sauteed flounder with butter bean ragout and bacon jus and they were the best butter beans ever. Two of my friends raved about the fried shrimp with creamed corn and collards and another friend proclaimed his steak divine. A unique and delicious dessert was the Red Velvet Bread Pudding with homemade strawberry cheesecake ice cream. It was sort of a misnomer because it was made with cake, not bread, but who cares when it tastes this good. We split it among four of us because we were stuffed, but I definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner! AttentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2009Delicious dinner! Attentive wait staff! We especially enjoyed the red velvet bread pudding.Special Features:
- Overall the dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2009Overall the dining experience was good, but not great. There was a delay in the kitchen, so the food was not timely. The food was good, but, again, not great. The biggest disappointment was the fact that we made reservations well in advance and called the restaurant to request a booth. The hostess who answered the phone told us the best way to obtain a booth was to come in an hour earlier. So, we changed our reservation from 1:00pm to 12:00pm. When we arrived at the restaurant we requested a booth again and the hostess was reluctant to give one up. We persisted and she relinquished. For the entire time we were there, including the extended delay, not all of the booths became full. Very disheartening.
- Our dining experience at BlossomOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2009Our dining experience at Blossom was good to very good. As stated the food was very good. The two fish entrees were tasty and not typical fare. After an appetizer, we had to wait for our dinner longer than we felt necessary. The server was pleasant although not very attentive.Special Features:
- My wife and I often go toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2009My wife and I often go to Blossom for brunch. We love the convenience of the complimentary parking lot right next to the restaurant. It's definitely a plus in downtown Charleston. We usually get a table very quickly. The service is efficient. The menu is comprehensive and includes Southern essentials. It's a good place to relax and get good quality food.
- Food was great. Our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/1/2009Food was great. Our server was ok...not overly friendly, but did get the job done.
- Took my fiancee for her birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/28/2009Took my fiancee for her birthday. Service was great and the food was excellent. We went on Tuesday so it was hard to say if it was not packed because of the timing or if others do not like the place. I would imagine it was the earlier of the two. On a side note, many friends recommended Blossom for the good food!Special Features:
- Our visit to Blossom was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2009Our visit to Blossom was great. We had dinner on patio. We have been coming here for several years and continue to be amazed by food and service.Special Features:
- Food was delectable, pizzatriciaDined on 4/17/2009Food was delectable, pizza crisp, pasta al dente, seafood fresh. Price very reasonable.Special Features:
- The food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2009The food and service was very goodin this moderately priced popular location.The place possesses a warm charming atmosphere.Do to the evening chill we chose to dine inside.Next visit we plan on enjoying the view of the lighted old church steeple while we sip our wine among the small but wonderful outdoor gardenSpecial Features:
- My husband and I both hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2009My husband and I both had a seasonal special offering--soft shell crab, fried, over gorgonzola-spinach gnocchi. One of the best meals we've ever had anywhere! Service was friendly and efficient. Overall, our best dining experience while we were in Charleston. We hope to go back!Special Features:
- Food was outstanding and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2009Food was outstanding and service was excellent. A very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- As part of the HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/13/2009As part of the Hospitality Restaurant Group of MAGNOLIA and CYRPRESS, we chose thise restaurant to have lunch at last minute. Reservations weren't a problem. Overseasoned food and large portions are what you will expect if you choose to go to this restaurant. It was a rainy afternoon and after the skies opened up more tables filled. The service was acceptable and very friendly. Food came out a little slowly. I feel like the restaurant doesn't know what its' vision is. Beautiful dining room. We will be back to check it out for dinner the next time we are in the Charleston area.Special Features:
- Restaurant is casual gourmetOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2009Restaurant is casual gourmet with an Italian flair. Great for a meal, a late-night snack, or an appetizer and a drink.Special Features:
- This was an excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2009This was an excellent choice for my birthday dinner. We arrived early and were seated immediately. Our waiter was personable and professional. He assisted with wine selection and helped find an excellent bottle to go with our entree choices. The food was beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. My birthday dessert was a difficult choice. We finally decided on the red velvet bread pudding with cheese cake filling. Wow! Blossom will be on our list for our next visit to Charleston.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2009Our dining experience was perfect. Good food, service, the meal was well paced and we have no complaints. We had an early reservation (6:30 p.m.) so it was well lite. I'd suggest a later reservation if you'd like more subdued lighting. High recommend.Special Features:
- The food was incredible. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/4/2009The food was incredible. The service was very good as well. The only draw back was the noise level. We were seated beside a very loud, large group celebrating a 30th birthday, so it was even louder where we were. We'd still eat there again- definitely a great meal. I would like to see a wider varitey of wines by the glass or half bottle.
- Good Restaurant, but in aTonyLDined on 3/31/2009Good Restaurant, but in a city like Charleston, there are numerous good restaurants.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2009This was our first time at Blossoms since living near Charleston for 15 Years. Had an absolute wonderful family night.Special Features:
- This is a great restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2009This is a great restaurant. I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Just a touch below qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2009Just a touch below quality of Magnolia. Building deceiving. Nice, open and airy inside. Great fish.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant! EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/7/2009We love this restaurant! Every time we are in Charleston, we make it a point to stop there.Special Features:
- This was our least favoriteGlad2BbackVIPDined on 3/3/2009This was our least favorite meal while we were in Charleston. Preferred Charleston Grill and Hanks.
- I had a wonderful experienceZEC87VIPDined on 3/1/2009I had a wonderful experience at Blossom. I went for my birthday and my family was in town. They loved it too. Exceptional service. Elegant dining room. Everyone enjoyed their food. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2009Fantastic food and great service. I've been there twice and been pleased both times. The yellow fin tuna served on coconut carolina rice was to die for!Special Features:
- Blossom is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2009Blossom is a great restaurant for many occasions. On a Saturday night you can be dressed in either little black dress attire or nice casual attire and not feel out of place. Blossom is located in the historic part of town where walking from place to place is easy and convenient. The parking lot beside the restaurant is a true luxury in downtown Charleston. Blossom makes for an easy venue to enjoy great food, wonderful ambiance with easy accessibility.Special Features:
- Very nice atmosphere and weOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2009Very nice atmosphere and we got the perfect table for our meal. The food was excellant and service very good. I am definitely recommending Blossom's as a place to go for a great experience. Thank you!
- Food was excellent....veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2009Food was excellent....very quick service and the restaurant was very busySpecial Features:
- I went here with my wife onOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009I went here with my wife on Valentines Day 2009. The food was marginal as was the service. The decor of the place was very nice but that in no way justifies a 100+ bill for marginal at best food that Applebees can beat for 30. When I go to a place that is in this price range I expect that the cook who is in plain sight of the guests NOT wear a kung fu panda sicker on his forehead and for the hostess to NOT have a huge dragon tattoo fully exposed on her back. There is many other restaurants in Charleston that are more upscale in food and service for the same price range.
- Very much enjoyed this dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2009Very much enjoyed this dinner. The atmosphere was a little loud but not so mcuh so that I couldn't carry on a conversation. Food and service were both excellent. Parking lot is a plus for downtown Charleston.
- The food was too salty forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2009The food was too salty for our taste - really cut into the flavor of the food itself which was otherwise quite nice.
- The food was fabulous. WeCharlestonfoodieYumVIPDined on 2/7/2009The food was fabulous. We just would have preferred more for the money we were paying.Special Features: