171 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/
- Phone: (843) 722-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner starts at 4:00 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Close
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking weekdays after 5:00pm & all day Saturday & Sunday.
**Please note that the parking lot is not available Monday-Friday before 5:00pm. Public parking is located in the garage on Cumberland Street.
A word from Blossom
Blossom, located in downtown Charleston, S.C., serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close offers simple, clean preparations which feature ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (92)great for outdoor dining (81)romantic (77)good for groups (70)great for lunch (64)great for brunch (51)notable wine list (40)hot spot (36)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Restaurant Week strikes againCharlestonFoodieDined on 9/5/2014This place didn't really live up to the hype, and I should learn better than to hit the downtown places for restaurant week. The menu looked really intriguing, but was poorly executed. The mahi mahi was probably the worst we've had, the waffle on the chicken and waffles was dry and didn't fit the compote very well. The filling on the dessert was nice, but overall it was 100 dollars for two people to have a relatively mediocre meal and two low end beers. Disappointing. Could have spent 60 at Bacco in Mt P and had a much better dining experience for less.
- Restaurant week visitFoodieCHSDined on 9/5/2014Restaurant week food was mediocre- chicken and waffles app was like cat food with a piece of old stale eggo. The catfish was quite good, and the brownie dessert was fine. Friend got the veggie pizza and soup, hers was very good. I doubt I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 12345444444444444Dined on 9/4/2014Food was great. Good location and atmosphere. I enjoyed the gouda truffle mushroom soup the most.Special Features:
- stompsDined on 9/4/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and always come away happy. The service is excellent being efficient but not overbearing. The food is mostly very good although this time it was not quite up to its usual standard. The wine list is not extensive but has good diversity and is very reasonably priced. I would return again in the future.Special Features:
- Delicious!PescaLadyDined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I decided to try this out for restaurant week. Our server, Jason, was phenomenal! Friendly, and provided great service. All of my food was amazing! My boyfriend's appetizer wasn't the best - chicken was a little dry and waffle was hard. However the sauce was delicious. Overall we both really enjoyed the meal and were glad to be able to experience it! The atmosphere of the restaurant was romantic and quiet. It was nice to be able to enjoy each others company and eat a quality meal.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014We've been to a lot of restaurants in Charleston, and this is one of the best. Great food. Not too expensive. It was just what we needed to finish the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingLovegrt8foodDined on 8/31/2014This was our first visit to Blossom, and we absolutely loved it. This is a lovely, incredibly clean restaurant. The food was so amazing, and we thoroughly enjoyed every bite. The rainbow trout was a taste sensation - the best I've ever had! My husband had the pork chop and said it was just wonderfully prepared - very flavorful and tender. The chef at Blossom knows how to combine flavors to bring out the very best to the palette. The service was excellent too. Our server did a great job looking after us, and making our evening a very pleasant experience. Next time we are in Charleston, Blossom will be the first place we dine. I would highly recommend Blossom to anyone looking for an amazing fine dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/31/2014Lovely surroundings. Busy servers who will correct plate problems quickly enough. Loved the house smoked salmon appetizer. Dry, un appealing Brioche French toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off nightFoodguyDined on 8/30/2014Have eaten at Blossom in the past and have always had a good experience. While the food is still good it took over two hours to arrive from the time we ordered. The server did the best he could but there was no explanation for the long delay nor offer to comp. the bar drinks were also not fizzing as they should. While the food was excellent when it finally arrived, I must rate them poorly for the whole experience. We had one of the best meals ever the next night at Blossoms sister restaurant Cypress the following night
- Great foodMacleeDined on 8/30/2014Friendly service and great bar tender. We visited on a very busy Labor Day weekend and arrived early. We had a short wait at the bar where we had some good drinks and conversation. Once seated for dinner our waitress was friendly and knowledgable about the menu. The pork belly was very good as were the scallops. The crab cake had almost no filler with large lump crab meat in it.Special Features:
- OkFoodie757Dined on 8/30/2014Restaurant was very loud and it was hard to have a conversation with my table. Food was ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great as always food was great and good service as wellSpecial Features:
- CASUAL YET GREAT FOR FOODIEStime2eatDined on 8/29/2014Our group of 5 all ate fish and enjoyed a great meal!! Our waiter recommended the special, tile fish, which did not disappoint. Our waiter helped to provide a great experience overall with food and wine recommendations. It was our second trip to Blossom and it will remain on our list of favorites in Charleston. to which we will return.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceRClexKYDined on 8/29/2014Overall a great experience. The food was good (not out of this world, but very good) and the dining room was loud, but the service made the evening.
- Great evening!lowta27Dined on 8/29/2014Staff was VERY accommodating, moving us to a different table more to our liking. Food was exceptional, and my aunt wanted to take our server home-he did an outstanding job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute Saturday NightBmoreSCDined on 8/23/2014We landed on Blossom after much debate where to go on a Saturday night. So glad we did. Our waiter was friendly & knowledgable. The food was fantastic. After 4 days of dining in Charleston, my wife is still saying that Blossom's sweet corn chowder was her favorite dish. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Times he CharmMovinlocalDined on 8/23/2014We have just recently moved to the area and found this gem of a restaurant. And in less then a month have gone back for a third time already. It's that good & Consistent.Special Features:
- A neighborhood favoriteKEMADined on 8/22/2014We live in the French Quarter and frequent Blossom often, mainly for lunch or Happy Hour at the bar. The food and service are consistently good. I am addicted to their roasted salmon with Mepkin Abbey mushrooms in a tomato broth and since I do not care for zucchini, they are kind enough to alter the dish for me and I really appreciate that kind of service! Their she crab soup is the best I have had downtown as is their creme brûlée. The crab cakes and buttermilk fried calamari We are usually able to get in without a reservation at lunch time but weekend nights require one. The negative is one true of so many downtown Charleston restaurants, it can be quite noisy and hard to make conversation at the table as a result on a busy day/night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversery DinnerHermanDined on 8/22/2014Told our waiter we were in no hurry when he asked us our drink order. Came back and took our drink order, appetizer and main course order all at once. Brought our entrees out when we were not halfway thru with our appetizer. We had such a tiny table, there was no room. The second my wife took the last bite of her appetizer; he was there with the entree. There was nothing wrong with the food, but it was not special either. It was very loud and I was expecting a more quiet atmosphere, so that is on me. The appetizer(calamari) was a larger portion than the entrees(crab cake and fish special) The room left over for dessert was filled elsewhere.
- Enjoyingmy1lifeVIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent neighborhood gem with delicious food and great options to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!RobbyDined on 8/22/2014The salmon salad was wonderful with the salmon cooked just perfectly. The fish sandwich was also memorable -- We had a very attentive server in Megan who has a delightful accent from South Africa. BravoSpecial Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceVegaquarianDined on 8/21/2014Very nice supper. Only one vegetarian option for entree - veg meatballs. Although many of dishes, including salads and appetizers, featured bacon the tomato appetizer was modified upon request.Special Features:
- Blossom really blossomsmontrealqcDined on 8/18/2014We ate in five of the better rated restaurants on a recent trip to Charleston and this one was our favorite. Everything was wonderful: the food, the service, the décor and even a fleeting conversation with one of our neighbors.Special Features:
- very enjoyable experiencepickydinerDined on 8/16/2014The food is always good at Blossom as well as being a good value. The North Carolina mountain trout was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againBabsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Invited 6 friends to eat there before a concert. Food = eh, seating = eh (benches too low), but our waiter was terrific. There are too many other good restaurants. Just had a great lunch at Magnolia. Why would I go to Blossom again?
- HomecomingKristenMariaDined on 8/15/2014I am from Charleston and decided to take my boyfriend to my hometown- he had never been! I spent a great deal of time planning some restaurants I thought would make the trip extra special and that we would both enjoy. I had never been to Blossom, but had heard great things. When I made the reservation, I was asked if it was for any kind of special occasion. I said no, but explained why I was coming and that it was his first time visiting the city.. the staff had a lovely table waiting for us and greeted us with complementary champagne! They told us "thank you for visiting and we hope he is enjoying his stay here".. it was a very thoughtful touch. Food was great, staff even better! Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- John provided the best service!healthysoulfoodDined on 8/15/2014THe food was beyond amazing, very romantic, excellent service...a night to remember. Thanks John!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysHokieDined on 8/14/2014A group of us had an outstanding lunch recently. It was easy to get a reservation and then when we arrived hot and tired from shopping, our table was waiting and our server kept our water glasses filled. Although we enjoyed everything we had, we forced the delightful dessert because we couldn't resist.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/9/2014I was disappointed. Blossom was highly recommended and it was average in my opinion. Food was good, not great, and ambiance was average.Special Features:
- Tiger90Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful as always! Thank you!!!!! The shrimp and grits are a must have to anyone wanting the true lowcountry experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyMommamerksDined on 8/8/2014Food was ok. Had similar plates at other restaurants that were much better and cost around the same ( S.N.O.B, 82 Queen). There were many wait staff and what I assume assistants ( dressed differently ) milling about. Had 3 different people serve and clean off the table, but my water glass remained empty, had to ask to have it refilled. Would not go back.
- excellent service, great foodleebwDined on 8/7/2014We stuck with the low country classics and were very pleased. The staff excelled at making us comfortable. Will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time back, loved it again!turkishdelightDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I visited Blossom for the first time last year while on vacation and thought it good enough to go back this year. Food has been excellent, dessert choices are phenomenal and we enjoy the calm, laid-back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedCjetDined on 8/5/2014Reviews iffy but menu looked promising so did dinner. Keep our portions small--healthier and you can sample more flavors--so appetizers, small plate menu and side choices worked very well...almost tapas-like eating. Started with a glass of Cotes du Rhone “Belleruche” M. Chapoutier 2012 (light, notes of berries and cinnamon) and the grilled bread with honey butter - yum! Arugula salad with golden beets and the Cast Iron Skillet Scallops were excellent. The loaded brussels sprouts had great flavor but a few of them were undercooked. And what's not to like about grits and collard greens! Service was prompt, informed and responsive. An enjoyable meal. If only their Happy Hour appetizers (artichokes, biscuit) were available for dinner.Special Features:
- lunch at BlossomsLuncheonLadyDined on 8/5/2014The food at Blossom never disappoints. I took a small group here the other day. My only quip would be that the waiter didn't tell us what the kitchen was out of when he first came over and of course when it was time to order, everyone wanted the smoke salmon blt which they didn't have. Second choices were all delicious.Special Features:
- i wish i could rate a zeroNovella4VIPDined on 8/4/2014HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Awful server Dale, do not get him. too much time inbetween food ( we asked to have the food to come together 1 appetizer a salad and entrée, trying to split it all to save time with kids) 2 hours plus, server blamed kitchen. My Mussels tasted fishy and half weren't open (thought a nicer restaurant that has many seafood options would take a better look or know how to prepare such delicatessen) then when we asked him to box up the food at the table he argued and said that he would do it (instead he threw our food away) No manager walked around to check on their patrons. if I was the manager or the owner of this restaurant I would be embarrassed to call this place mine.Special Features:
- Wonderful!loveitalianVIPDined on 8/3/2014A couple friends and I had a wonderful dinner at Blossom this past Sunday. We were able to get a last minute dinner reservation through Open Table even though the restaurant was pretty busy. The waitress made great recommendations for our dinner choices, and we were not disappointed! Even though we were pretty ravenous, the small plates (along with the delicious bread they bring out) proved to be enough to satisfy. We can highly recommend the gnocchi with local shrimp, seafood stew, and seared local scallops. All were prepared well and had wonderful flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodcarolinarawrrDined on 8/3/2014The food was amazing and the staff was very friendly. I left extremely satisfied.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014Blossom has been consistent for many years. The menu is very creative. We had the oyster app and the carpaccio app and everyone loved both. I had the seafood mix soup as a small plate and all items were cooked perfectly. Two guests had flounder and one the scallops over grits. Only complaint were thick and stiff grits which was also a problem with High Cottonthe Sunday before. What's with Charleston chef's serving glue like grits? Overall a 9 out of 10 experience.Special Features:
- Great food, great variety!Rhs615VIPDined on 8/1/2014We had one night in CHS and decided to try Blossom. Fantastic choice. Complimentary parking outside. We went the small plate route and got three appetizers, two salads, and four small plates for a table of four. Perfect amount of food and great variety. green tomatoes, lamb pizza, and shrimp and grits were huge hits. And did I mention the Red Velvet bread pudding? A must! Great drinks and great ambience. A must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.