171 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/
- Phone: (843) 722-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner starts at 4:00 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Close
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking weekdays after 5:00pm & all day Saturday & Sunday.
**Please note that the parking lot is not available Monday-Friday before 5:00pm. Public parking is located in the garage on Cumberland Street.
A word from Blossom
Blossom, located in downtown Charleston, S.C., serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close offers simple, clean preparations which feature ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
277 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (147)special occasion (104)neighborhood gem (92)great for outdoor dining (79)romantic (77)good for groups (70)great for lunch (63)great for brunch (50)notable wine list (40)hot spot (36)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Such a lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014Went with my mom who is pescatarian. Our server was super knowledgeable about every dish, brought us wine to try and accomodated our food preferences. He made the night with how nice he was. The ambiance was wonderful and all in all, it was a lovely evening. I would definitely recommend, especially for accommodating vegetarians. Also, I'm still fantasizing about the fried oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission for the best crab cake eggs Benedict!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014On a constant quest to find the best crab cakes eggs Benedict in Charleston, we tried Blossom this time. I've been to Blossom many times before, but never for brunch. The menu posted on OpenTable reflected this dish. However, when we got there, this dish was not on their menu. Both the server and the manager were very gracious and very accommodating. We had a wonderful experience, and actually...hands down...the best crab cake Benedict I've had in this town in 20 years. Kudos, Blossom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruby Tuesday is better.coleyoDined on 11/21/2014Had the sirlion and the pork chops....ceaser salad and fried oysters. The best thing was the cornbread that the salty oysters came on. Steak was in a bitter sauce. Salad had no flavor. Tried the red velvet bread pudding. It was the next best thing bug the ice cream on top made everything mushy.
- A Charleston GemMaryCDined on 11/16/2014Wow, what a find in Charleston! Blossom is Magnolia's often overlooked sister restaurant (located right near it on the same block), but much easier to score a reservation for - and a true gem. Food is outstanding; menu is extensive; ambience is welcoming; and the wait staff is personable and well-trained. It is a must for anyone looking for a great place to eat in the market area of Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Blossom!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Had 9:30 reservation got there a little bit early, was still sat right away. Server was very detailed at explaining the menu, wine list, and that nights specials. Food was supurb from the she crab soup on thru the red velvet bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, amazing dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014My friend and I had a wonderful dining experience. The atmosphere was comfortable, lighting was low but not dark, staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. We ordered the house chorizo appetizer, and it was incredibly flavorful! It was enough for a few bites for each of us, but it wouldn't serve more than two. We each tried the mushroom gouda soup- fantastic! I ordered the lamb gnocci and my friend had the duck confit pizza, and we were more than satisfied with flavor and portions. We would have loved dessert, but we hadn't saved room. Would definitely return as it was a fabulous meal in a great atmosphere! Perfect setting for evening with friends or romantic dinner for two (pretty sure the couple next to us got engaged over their dinner).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blossom - a great choiceopentablevipVIPDined on 11/9/2014We have a second home in Charleston, and our daughter lives there, so we are in town frequently - normally once or twice a month. When we have brunch, Blossom is one of our two first choices (High Cotton is the other). Blossom is nice but a little more casual - and it has free ticket-validated parking right next to the restaurant, which is a huge plus. The brunch food is very good - a wide selection and lots of locally-sourced ingredients. I know that Blossom is a favorite of many locals, as our daughter normally sees people she knows there. Other meals are great at Blossom, too, but it is our definite go-to for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Restaurant in CharlestonfirsttimechicagovisitorsDined on 11/8/2014This was our fourth trip to Charleston, a city known for its fine restaurants. We discovered Blossom on our first visit and have returned every time. The food is the very best we've ever had. The wait-staff is attentive and timely. The drinks were expertly made and moderate in price. In our opinion, it is the very best restaurant in CharlestonSpecial Features:
- Best meal of my life!Steve1867Dined on 11/8/2014Everything was perfect - service, wine, food. Absolutely loved the bread, pork belly app, pan seared scallops. Waiter was just right balance of friendly, helpful, but not trying too hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014We had a nice dinner celebrating our 9 year olds birthday. The Fried calamari , she crab soup and cinnamon ice cream are must try's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crab tostadasSailorbDined on 11/6/20141st visit. Crab tostadas were amazing, most lump crab I've ever seen in an appetizer. Also loved the small plate scallops and the duck confit pizza. Service was very attentive. Will go again.Special Features:
- betteDined on 11/3/2014All around enjoyable experience. Excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- NmspinNmspinDined on 11/3/2014Found table rather last minute; wasn't sure when we walked in as it looked empty but as we made our way to the rear of the restaurant, we found the "crowd". Our server was really nice and helpful. We loved everything we ordered. Excellent!Special Features:
- New menuSherrillVIPDined on 11/2/2014Menu did not describe shrimp & grits accurately. Big surprise. Not very good. Never would have ordered had I known
- amazing!FoodieAnnieDined on 11/1/2014This was our favorite meal of the trip (and we had some great meals). The pan seared mahi was delicious and the rice pirloo with tomato butter was if possible even better. The seared scallops were some of the best I've ever had - and I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay. Red velvet bread pudding and a glass of Madeira capped it off with a bang. Service was great as well. Our waitress made perfect recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regulars at BlossomOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We have enjoyed dinners at Blossom for 4 years. The food and service is consistently goodSpecial Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our eveningwiseoneDined on 11/1/2014We were in Charleston for our anniversary. Blossom was recommended by Yelp and we're glad we took a chance. The food was very good and service was excellent.Special Features:
- GreatSC331Dined on 11/1/2014Delicious food, great atmosphere and good service. Our server gave us complimentary champagne thinking that we were out celebrating something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicJBjrDined on 10/31/2014We have eaten here many times. It is always dependable for excellent food and service. In many ways it is becoming a "classic" venue as it sister, Magnolias, but in a different way, reflective of Blossom's own signature. We come to Charleston several times a year and are never disappointed. We also appreciate the innovative menu changes from time to time.Special Features:
- Wonderfully accomodatingdelightedveganDined on 10/29/2014In the heart of Charleston, this restaurant is beautiful with warm ambiance. It has a private, quiet garden patio. The service is impeccable and friendly. The chef was clearly happy to please this vegan with a surprise entre and app. I didn't ask what either would be and when they arrived they were beautifully presented and very fresh. The entre was a well-rounded, nutritious and very satisfying. Blossom was everything I wanted, so why not go back? I did - twice. So happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A missGAtravelerVIPDined on 10/29/2014Lunch here is one of our favorites, but dinner is a miss. The food was not great - notably the mushroom soup which was too thick and not hot enough. The timing of the service was off - too quick for the starter and a reminder needed for the wine.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014The server recommended the pork loin special. Did not care for the breading or the sauce.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceSamIAmDined on 10/26/2014Had dinner there while visiting Charleston. I had the she-crab soup (good) and seared scallops with risotto (excellent). My friend had the spinach salad (very good) and seafood chowder (good, but too much potatoes). We also had the poached mussels appetizer, which was OK. I don't think anything stood out in particular, but we enjoyed our meal. Our waitress was very attentive and efficient.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnercarolinafoodieDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I returned to Blossom, the site of our wedding reception five years earlier, for a more intimate anniversary meal for two and it was, once again, a wonderful experience. The trout and NY strip were delicious, to say the least, but one special note on our meal... the calamari was the best either of us have ever had. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014This is an excellent and creative restaurant that is a little bit less expensive than many in Charleston, although not cheap. Food was really good, a little noisy but that's the modern décor. An error in communication between server and kitchen regarding a food allergy was handled impeccably, with the manager helping out and a replacement delivered in a few minutes time and a free desert thrown in. Good wine list, best food experience in Charleston, all in all.Special Features:
- FabuloustinaeatsDined on 10/21/2014Excellent ambiance, service, presentation and total execution. I will recommend Blossom to anyone I know who is looking for great dining in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortably eclecticDiscipleDined on 10/19/2014I took some out of town guests for Sunday brunch and we had a very positive experience all around. Blossoms is like a favorite neighborhood place. It is a warm and welcoming with a comfortable setting with a great variety on the menu. The food is well prepared with fresh interpretations of favorites. The wait staff is efficient and very friendly. I live out of the Charleston area and come to town at least 3 times a year. I try to make at least one visit to Blossoms each time I return to Charleston.Special Features:
- Hidden gembdayboyDined on 10/17/2014I was a bit nervous about going here since it wasn't even on some web review sites but it was one of the few places that had an opening On Friday evening. The few reviews that did exist praised the food but decried the service. We found both to be top notch. The restaurant is rather noisy and boisterous so I would not recommend it for a quiet romantic dinner but if you want excellent seafood in a pleasant space this is a great place to come.Special Features:
- Yum, Red Velvet Bread Pudding!chefliDined on 10/17/2014We stopped here for a light lunch and found the food delightful. We had She Crab bisque and a wedge salad. This was a perfect lunch for October in the side garden of the restaurant. The service was friendly, quick, and well informed. Parking for any of the restaurants in this group (Cypress and Magnolias)can be a challenge, so make sure you avail yourself of their services. The Charleston police ticketed us ($45 fine) for having our back bumper slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) in a no parking zone. The red velvet pudding was simply AMAZING! Not a bread pudding fan, but this would make a convert out of me!Special Features:
- New Menu is a Grand Slam!RobbyDined on 10/17/2014It takes a lot of guts to showcase a new menu and hard for regulars to accept it. This time, General Manager Megan and her crew delivered with new lunch entrees/new desserts. My "fussy guest" who always gets the flounder sandwich opted for a shrimp po-boy and stated, without hesitation that it was the best ever! We also tried a new dessert - a carrot cake that what literally 5-star quality (as is everything in this underrated gem of a restaurant). Service was terrific as usual and our regular server (also named Megan) stopped by our table twice to be sure that we were happy with the new menu and our server. What a tribute to GM Megan that the kitchen and servers deliver the best when she is gone. We'll be back in a a Friday or two!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BdayKLo876Dined on 10/14/2014We went for dinner. It was great for food and ambiance. They were very accommodating in our needs with holding cupcakes in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasant expereincetumbleweedVIPDined on 10/13/2014I really love Blossom, especially for lunch. I like the peace and quiet on the back patio. And the food of course! Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restraurant choice!FoodieDined on 10/12/2014Excellent service, very nice dinner choices, great food and atmosphere. In a city with so many restaurants to choose from, I would highly recommend Blossoms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blossom for BrunchALVINDined on 10/12/2014Centrally located in the heart of Charleston. A premier restaurant for brunch with a perfect mix of menu items representing Charleston cookery. There is no way we would return to Charleston without returning to Blossom.Special Features:
- Great BrunchBrunchDined on 10/12/2014The food was the best we had in Charleston. The service was also the best we had. Definitely recommend for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JacquelineDined on 10/11/2014We had a lovely dining experience at Blossom. The entree was superb and the service was spectacular. Our server never missed a step and made our dinner there so perfect.Special Features:
- JamesIslanderDined on 10/10/2014I was very pleased with the food and service. We had to change our seating time since our out of town guest were later in arriving and they were very gracious and accomidating. I would definitely recommend this resturant.Special Features:
- Charleston charms New Jersey-itesSchulzSaysDined on 10/10/2014What a wonderful experience this was! Our sever Mark was very knowledgeable about the menu and answered our "Northerner" questions very well. I enjoyed my first ever shrimp and grits! The fried green tomatoes appetizer was crisp, luscious and accompanied with the Southern noted pimento cheese. What a treat. The servers hustled and as I looked around the restaurant patrons were enjoying each other in convivial chatter. A twelve party table very near to our table was celebrating a birthday. Oldsters, young couples and business folk alike appeared to be enjoying their evening. The open kitchen was interesting to watch. Each staff member was efficient and the product produced was beautifully plated and tasty. Great! Great! Great!Special Features:
- visit 10-8 14 for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Ordered wine with dinner. Reminded our waiter. Had to get another waiter to help get our drinks.Did not get till we finished our dinner.One side dish did not even come and our waiter just blew it off.At least they could have offered complimentary lasses of wine.While food was good it hot to our table luke warm.Special Features:
- Love me that crab!PhilaPhoodieDined on 10/8/2014Crab on the menu every which way....all wonderful. Thank you for being so flexible with our difficult seating requests Blossom. You were great and we had a terrific time.Special Features: