171 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/
- Phone: 8437229200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner starts at 4:00 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Close
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking weekdays after 5:00pm & all day Saturday & Sunday.
**Please note that the parking lot is not available Monday-Friday before 5:00pm. Public parking is located in the garage on Cumberland Street.
A word from Blossom
Blossom, located in downtown Charleston, S.C., serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close offers simple, clean preparations which feature ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (142)special occasion (92)neighborhood gem (79)great for outdoor dining (76)good for groups (73)romantic (67)great for lunch (64)great for brunch (51)notable wine list (35)hot spot (33)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- A missGAtravelerDined on 10/29/2014Lunch here is one of our favorites, but dinner is a miss. The food was not great - notably the mushroom soup which was too thick and not hot enough. The timing of the service was off - too quick for the starter and a reminder needed for the wine.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I returned to Blossom, the site of our wedding reception five years earlier, for a more intimate anniversary meal for two and it was, once again, a wonderful experience. The trout and NY strip were delicious, to say the least, but one special note on our meal... the calamari was the best either of us have ever had. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent ambiance, service, presentation and total execution. I will recommend Blossom to anyone I know who is looking for great dining in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortably eclecticDiscipleDined on 10/19/2014I took some out of town guests for Sunday brunch and we had a very positive experience all around. Blossoms is like a favorite neighborhood place. It is a warm and welcoming with a comfortable setting with a great variety on the menu. The food is well prepared with fresh interpretations of favorites. The wait staff is efficient and very friendly. I live out of the Charleston area and come to town at least 3 times a year. I try to make at least one visit to Blossoms each time I return to Charleston.Special Features:
- Hidden gembdayboyDined on 10/17/2014I was a bit nervous about going here since it wasn't even on some web review sites but it was one of the few places that had an opening On Friday evening. The few reviews that did exist praised the food but decried the service. We found both to be top notch. The restaurant is rather noisy and boisterous so I would not recommend it for a quiet romantic dinner but if you want excellent seafood in a pleasant space this is a great place to come.Special Features:
- Yum, Red Velvet Bread Pudding!chefliDined on 10/17/2014We stopped here for a light lunch and found the food delightful. We had She Crab bisque and a wedge salad. This was a perfect lunch for October in the side garden of the restaurant. The service was friendly, quick, and well informed. Parking for any of the restaurants in this group (Cypress and Magnolias)can be a challenge, so make sure you avail yourself of their services. The Charleston police ticketed us ($45 fine) for having our back bumper slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) in a no parking zone. The red velvet pudding was simply AMAZING! Not a bread pudding fan, but this would make a convert out of me!Special Features:
- New Menu is a Grand Slam!RobbyDined on 10/17/2014It takes a lot of guts to showcase a new menu and hard for regulars to accept it. This time, General Manager Megan and her crew delivered with new lunch entrees/new desserts. My "fussy guest" who always gets the flounder sandwich opted for a shrimp po-boy and stated, without hesitation that it was the best ever! We also tried a new dessert - a carrot cake that what literally 5-star quality (as is everything in this underrated gem of a restaurant). Service was terrific as usual and our regular server (also named Megan) stopped by our table twice to be sure that we were happy with the new menu and our server. What a tribute to GM Megan that the kitchen and servers deliver the best when she is gone. We'll be back in a a Friday or two!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for BdayKLo876Dined on 10/14/2014We went for dinner. It was great for food and ambiance. They were very accommodating in our needs with holding cupcakes in the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasant expereincetumbleweedVIPDined on 10/13/2014I really love Blossom, especially for lunch. I like the peace and quiet on the back patio. And the food of course! Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restraurant choice!FoodieDined on 10/12/2014Excellent service, very nice dinner choices, great food and atmosphere. In a city with so many restaurants to choose from, I would highly recommend Blossoms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blossom for BrunchALVINDined on 10/12/2014Centrally located in the heart of Charleston. A premier restaurant for brunch with a perfect mix of menu items representing Charleston cookery. There is no way we would return to Charleston without returning to Blossom.Special Features:
- Great BrunchBrunchDined on 10/12/2014The food was the best we had in Charleston. The service was also the best we had. Definitely recommend for any meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JacquelineDined on 10/11/2014We had a lovely dining experience at Blossom. The entree was superb and the service was spectacular. Our server never missed a step and made our dinner there so perfect.Special Features:
- JamesIslanderDined on 10/10/2014I was very pleased with the food and service. We had to change our seating time since our out of town guest were later in arriving and they were very gracious and accomidating. I would definitely recommend this resturant.Special Features:
- Charleston charms New Jersey-itesSchulzSaysDined on 10/10/2014What a wonderful experience this was! Our sever Mark was very knowledgeable about the menu and answered our "Northerner" questions very well. I enjoyed my first ever shrimp and grits! The fried green tomatoes appetizer was crisp, luscious and accompanied with the Southern noted pimento cheese. What a treat. The servers hustled and as I looked around the restaurant patrons were enjoying each other in convivial chatter. A twelve party table very near to our table was celebrating a birthday. Oldsters, young couples and business folk alike appeared to be enjoying their evening. The open kitchen was interesting to watch. Each staff member was efficient and the product produced was beautifully plated and tasty. Great! Great! Great!Special Features:
- visit 10-8 14 for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Ordered wine with dinner. Reminded our waiter. Had to get another waiter to help get our drinks.Did not get till we finished our dinner.One side dish did not even come and our waiter just blew it off.At least they could have offered complimentary lasses of wine.While food was good it hot to our table luke warm.Special Features:
- Love me that crab!PhilaPhoodieDined on 10/8/2014Crab on the menu every which way....all wonderful. Thank you for being so flexible with our difficult seating requests Blossom. You were great and we had a terrific time.Special Features:
- Yummy food!MissHighHeels1Dined on 10/4/2014I took my parents to Blossom when they were visiting me for the weekend. They are usually very picky with food and they loved it! I recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlossomFoodieloveDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I visited Charleston for a baby moon and having both been to the city and loved the food scene we were excited to visit Blossom which we had heard amazing things about. We split the lamb sausage pizza as an appetizer, although it was a good pizza, it was not great. The toppings were sparce and the crust was flimsy. It looked liked a frozen pizza. We then split the scallops and cheese grits which was the reason we decided on Blossom in the first place. We were really disappointed. The scallops were extremely undercooked, basically raw all the way through, and the grits were gummy. The saving grace was the red velvet bread pudding, it was incredible! However, we would not elect to return to Blossom on our next vacation.Special Features:
- First Time VisitBillDined on 10/4/2014This was our first time visit to Blossoms. We were surprised at the outdoor seating they had in the back of the restaurant and were rewarded with being able to sit outside as we wished. Inside seating is available also, we just wanted to enjoy the nice weather outside. The waitress was supurb, did her job professionaly, polite and took care to make our evening special. We had reservations and no wait, they were prepared for us, how nice. Menu has nice selections and had many items we liked to choose from, so will definitely have to go back to try another selection that we didn't choose this time. Highly recommend, my wife and I will go back, no doubt.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner Made Special!SandyBVIPDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had not been to Blossom in some time and decided to give it a try for our anniversary. As soon as we arrived, we were wished, "Happy Anniversary" by the hostess (I had mentioned in my Open Table reservations that the anniversary was that day and that I wanted a "romantic" table) and were brought glasses of champagne! I expected to have a good meal, as we have always enjoyed the food there. We were not disappointed! From the shared appetizer (fried oysters) and mesclun with fresh apple salad to the entrees and dessert, the meal was spectacular! The catfish over creamy grits topped with arugula (the special entree' of the evening) was outstanding, and the mahi mahi over risotto (their signature dish) was to die for. Awesome!Special Features:
- Too loud for excellent food!vinasideDined on 10/3/2014We dined at Blossom on 10/3/14. Although the food was excellent, our dining experience not pleasant: the noise level, which was worsened by the fact that a large group celebrating a bachelorette party was seated right behind us (in the middle of the restaurant) made it impossible to enjoy a nice dinner conversation. We cannot recommend the place, despite the great quality of the food.Special Features:
- Blessedly quietOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2014The food was fine, the service was excellent, and best of all, the noise level, even with music, was low enough for quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasant expereincetumbleweedVIPDined on 10/2/2014Blossum is our "go to" restaurant for lunch. NIce outdoor dining and a full and varied menu. Service is always good as is the food.Special Features:
- OkGolf2VIPDined on 9/30/2014Used to be one of our favorite restaurants, but we both received wrong order, so had to wait for ou original order to come. Maybe the veining started off on the wrong foot. We will try it again next year.Special Features:
- So good we came back the next day!MitchellsofWestminsterDined on 9/29/2014The Berkshire Pork Chop was cooked to perfection; juicy & kissed with a hint of smoke. My cousin basically inhaled her Mahi Mahi because it was so succulent & jokingly asked if it would be rude to lick the plate. Our husbands really loved their seafood dishes too. My cousins split the decadent Southern Sundae; it is a masterpiece of textures for your tongue. My husband took the Red Velvet Bread Pudding to go & it melted in his mouth at breakfast. We were so impressed by the food & the service that my husband & I came back for lunch the next day. I had their "very unique" Fried Green Tomatoes. Never had them this way before. This dish is now one of my top 5 all-time favorite appetizers. I could have eaten another plate...ok, maybe two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2HappyDined on 9/29/2014I don't think in a restaurant of this type I should have to ask for water or bread with my meal. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColaColaDined on 9/29/2014Went for lunch during the week with four friends Service excellent and all five of us loved out food. Dessert yummy especially red velvet cheesecake pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice supperrickbobDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I had supper there Friday night. The food was awesome. We had the shrimp and grits for an app which was great. I had the corn chowder and she had the she crab both we also very good. When then split the Mahi. It was delicious It would have been nice to have the dish split for us for us in the kitchen as oppose to having to do it ourselves at the table. We then had a dessert but were fighting by then so I don’t recall much about it. Over all the food was awesome.
- Wonderful SpotRobbyDined on 9/26/2014We are regular customers (over 5 years) with picky palates and Blossoms always pleases. The servers are all attentive, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Megan has been the manager for awhile and it's easy to see that she keeps a watchful eye on everything and her easy going and pleasant manner ensures everyone from chefs to reception give first class service and food. We have a lot of great restaurants in Charleston and this one competes with the best but with very reasonable prices. You will wonder why you haven't heard more about this wonderful spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Disappointmetdoug123Dined on 9/23/2014This is an established fine dining restaurant along with its sister restaurant Magnolias. We were in Charleston for 8 days and we made a bid commitment to all the highly recommended restaurants. This was the only one that was poor. Giving it a fair rating is generous. The food was not good, we sent back the she crab soup which was barely warm, the crisp duck was not crisp and undercooked. The waitress was friendly but not attentive and the mgr only answer was we won't charge you. I can only think their standards may be crisp on a Saturday night but not other 6 nights. So don't open on a Tuesday!!!
- Enjoyed it thoroughly!!AnnieDined on 9/23/2014Will be back many times. In fact, have a special occasion luncheon coming up in October for a bridal shower. Really love the place!Special Features:
- Make It Great Again!ac3dinerDined on 9/22/2014Been coming here for 10 years and we love Blossom the ambiance is wonderful, but it's not the restaurant it used to be. The homemade pasta and desserts of years gone by were excellent and in the last 6 years nothing has come close. We're vegetarians and Blossom is one of the few places in town that always has a vegetarian item on the menu. The latter has been consistently done throughout the years and for that they deserve major credit! Thank you! But the vegetarian fare this week was mediocre and the dessert, which was a lemon tart, tasted excellent but was runny and the presentation was poor. Blossom has an ideal location, a fantastic pizza oven (pizza's are still quality), beautiful dining room, please make your food great once again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014We were really looking forward to our dinner at Blossom, but we were disappointed. We had appetizer to share, and two main courses and a dessert. Only one dish was really good. The plate presentation left a lot to be desired. The service was certainly adequate but our waitress acted like we were bothering her when we requested anything and her response was slow despite the fact their was more help than customers while we were there. With so many other restaurants to choose from in Charleston, I would not go back.
- Not as good as expectednotsohotDined on 9/21/2014Entre was only warm when delivered to the table. Hollandaise sauce was very bland. Would not really recommend. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- great breakfastbellaVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had a wide varity of dishes every thing was great from the pickled shrimp, french toast and salmon benedict. Our server was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationChrisDined on 9/20/2014I went to dinner with my husband at Blossom, as he has never been, but also for my birthday dinner. It had been quite many years since I had been and found that the service, food and ambiance had not changed one bit - PERFECTLY WONDERFUL! The food was perfectly prepared and well flavored! I had noted in my Open Table reservation on both of these reasons for dining with them that evening. They made the experience all the better and top-notch. Telling me 'happy birthday', explaining to my husband all the wonderful things on the menu and most desired items to order, along with giving us a champagne toast for my birthday, along with placing a lite birthday candle on my dessert. I could have not asked for a better night and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dinnerHatterasannaDined on 9/20/2014I had the most melt in your mouth swordfish on roasted vegetables that I have ever had. Not only was it a beautiful presentation but delicious to the last bite. My Mom's crab cake was the best she had ever had. The hostess and all the staff were very accommodating as my mother is in a wheelchair and we couldn't have been seated in a better place with plenty of room. Thank you for a terrific meal on my Mother's great wish to visit Charleston. Charleston and your restaurant were hits for my 87 year old Mom.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceLucythefoodieDined on 9/20/2014We visited Blossom on a recommendation from a coworker and we are glad we took her advice. The service, the drinks and the food was amazing (we had the flounder and the duck). Our waitress was great at offering up suggestions as we picked out our entrees and drinks. Overall a great experience. Will be back again when we find ourselves in Charleston.Special Features:
- JwtotaDined on 9/20/2014Blossom is one of my favorite restaurants in charleston. Service and food are always good. The outdoor seating has a retractable awning and the atmosphere inside is very warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.