171 East Bay Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com/
- Phone: 8437229200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:45pm
Dinner starts at 4:00 pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Low Country, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Close
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Located between Queen & Cumberland Streets
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking weekdays after 5:00pm & all day Saturday & Sunday.
**Please note that the parking lot is not available Monday-Friday before 5:00pm. Public parking is located in the garage on Cumberland Street.
A word from Blossom
Blossom, located in downtown Charleston, S.C., serves American cuisine highlighting the Lowcountry’s best seafood. Executive chef Adam Close offers simple, clean preparations which feature ingredients sourced from area fishermen and farmers. Open for lunch on Monday through Saturday, dinner nightly, and Sunday brunch, Blossom also offers seating on its patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Blossom reviews from OpenTable diners
299 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (142)special occasion (109)great for outdoor dining (76)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (69)good for groups (64)great for lunch (61)great for brunch (55)kid-friendly (28)notable wine list (25)hot spot (23)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (10)Show More
- very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food is always good at Blossom as well as being a good value. The North Carolina mountain trout was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed againBabsDined on 8/16/2014Invited 6 friends to eat there before a concert. Food = eh, seating = eh (benches too low), but our waiter was terrific. There are too many other good restaurants. Just had a great lunch at Magnolia. Why would I go to Blossom again?
- John provided the best service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014THe food was beyond amazing, very romantic, excellent service...a night to remember. Thanks John!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I was disappointed. Blossom was highly recommended and it was average in my opinion. Food was good, not great, and ambiance was average.Special Features:
- Tiger90Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful as always! Thank you!!!!! The shrimp and grits are a must have to anyone wanting the true lowcountry experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyMommamerksDined on 8/8/2014Food was ok. Had similar plates at other restaurants that were much better and cost around the same ( S.N.O.B, 82 Queen). There were many wait staff and what I assume assistants ( dressed differently ) milling about. Had 3 different people serve and clean off the table, but my water glass remained empty, had to ask to have it refilled. Would not go back.
- excellent service, great foodleebwDined on 8/7/2014We stuck with the low country classics and were very pleased. The staff excelled at making us comfortable. Will dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time back, loved it again!turkishdelightDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I visited Blossom for the first time last year while on vacation and thought it good enough to go back this year. Food has been excellent, dessert choices are phenomenal and we enjoy the calm, laid-back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedCjetDined on 8/5/2014Reviews iffy but menu looked promising so did dinner. Keep our portions small--healthier and you can sample more flavors--so appetizers, small plate menu and side choices worked very well...almost tapas-like eating. Started with a glass of Cotes du Rhone “Belleruche” M. Chapoutier 2012 (light, notes of berries and cinnamon) and the grilled bread with honey butter - yum! Arugula salad with golden beets and the Cast Iron Skillet Scallops were excellent. The loaded brussels sprouts had great flavor but a few of them were undercooked. And what's not to like about grits and collard greens! Service was prompt, informed and responsive. An enjoyable meal. If only their Happy Hour appetizers (artichokes, biscuit) were available for dinner.Special Features:
- lunch at BlossomsLuncheonLadyDined on 8/5/2014The food at Blossom never disappoints. I took a small group here the other day. My only quip would be that the waiter didn't tell us what the kitchen was out of when he first came over and of course when it was time to order, everyone wanted the smoke salmon blt which they didn't have. Second choices were all delicious.Special Features:
- i wish i could rate a zeroNovella4VIPDined on 8/4/2014HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. Awful server Dale, do not get him. too much time inbetween food ( we asked to have the food to come together 1 appetizer a salad and entrée, trying to split it all to save time with kids) 2 hours plus, server blamed kitchen. My Mussels tasted fishy and half weren't open (thought a nicer restaurant that has many seafood options would take a better look or know how to prepare such delicatessen) then when we asked him to box up the food at the table he argued and said that he would do it (instead he threw our food away) No manager walked around to check on their patrons. if I was the manager or the owner of this restaurant I would be embarrassed to call this place mine.Special Features:
- Wonderful!loveitalianVIPDined on 8/3/2014A couple friends and I had a wonderful dinner at Blossom this past Sunday. We were able to get a last minute dinner reservation through Open Table even though the restaurant was pretty busy. The waitress made great recommendations for our dinner choices, and we were not disappointed! Even though we were pretty ravenous, the small plates (along with the delicious bread they bring out) proved to be enough to satisfy. We can highly recommend the gnocchi with local shrimp, seafood stew, and seared local scallops. All were prepared well and had wonderful flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodcarolinarawrrDined on 8/3/2014The food was amazing and the staff was very friendly. I left extremely satisfied.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Blossom has been consistent for many years. The menu is very creative. We had the oyster app and the carpaccio app and everyone loved both. I had the seafood mix soup as a small plate and all items were cooked perfectly. Two guests had flounder and one the scallops over grits. Only complaint were thick and stiff grits which was also a problem with High Cottonthe Sunday before. What's with Charleston chef's serving glue like grits? Overall a 9 out of 10 experience.Special Features:
- Great food, great variety!Rhs615VIPDined on 8/1/2014We had one night in CHS and decided to try Blossom. Fantastic choice. Complimentary parking outside. We went the small plate route and got three appetizers, two salads, and four small plates for a table of four. Perfect amount of food and great variety. green tomatoes, lamb pizza, and shrimp and grits were huge hits. And did I mention the Red Velvet bread pudding? A must! Great drinks and great ambience. A must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits every note; perfectly executedFoodieWinoCoupleVIPDined on 8/1/2014We're foodies, wine pairings lovers, dine all over the world. Within its class, Blossom is on top. Our server Jason heard our wine discussion; got the extensive wine list from a sister restaurant. We explained what we wanted to eat. He made excellent recommendations for food and wine. The kitchen perfectly executed. Dishes were not too salty; common flaw in restaurants today. Fried oysters Rockefeller were crispy, light and sweet; the baked Rockefeller sauce didn't overwhelm; hint of nutmeg; spinach not over cooked. The succotash with crab, served with trout, balanced flavors, well seasoned; a skilled hand seared the trout. The Red Fish special: right level of spicy. The duck confit with Bing cherries rivals the best restaurants. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for lunchnantucketislandVIPDined on 8/1/2014Low key vibe. Very friendly and attentive staff. Go for lunch and definitely order the great crab chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 7/31/2014I was disappointed in my experience at Blossom. Maybe I was expecting to much, but Blossom was no better than the mid class restaurants in any city. We were seated in a long line with tables close together, and I could hardly hear my husband for the large party next to us celebrating a birthday because we were seated so close to them. During our meal the air-condition vent over our heads dripped in my husbands plate. We asked the sever to move our table just a little to be out of the drip zone. She gladly moved the table, but acted as if it was no big deal and happened all the time. She didn't even offer an apology. Our food was good, but not outstanding. With many wonderful places in Charleston, I doubt I ever return to Blossom.Special Features:
- perfect eveningPerfecteveningDined on 7/31/2014We just wanted something light even though everything on the menu looked awesome. We did a dinner of appetizers and the staff was great at accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Certainly Worth TryingcobracatDined on 7/29/2014My wife had the beef carpaccio as an appetizer, while I had the fried green tomatoes. Both were excellent. I also had a cup of the she crab soup, which was ok -- not as good as the she crab soup I had at another Charleston restaurant. My wife's beef short ribs were very tender and tasty. My lamb sausage pizza was good, but was very salty (probably the goat cheese). The wine list is not a great one, but we did have a very good gin-based drink before dinner that was very refreshing (ask the waitperson). Not sure if I'd go back, not because the food wasn't good, but because there are so many other great Charleston restaurants to try, I don't think we'd get to all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glc11VIPDined on 7/28/2014stick with basics when you go to Blossoms Good but not "great" food Noise level very high
- Brunch southern styleShakenVIPDined on 7/27/2014I'm a huge fan of the HMG and Blossom is on par with Magnolias and Cypress. If you get the chance to go to any of these establishments, be daring. Order something that you wouldn't normally get and I assure you that you will not be disappointed. Talk to the wait staff. They understand each dish and have great insight on each one. I don't know what management teaches the staff but I wish they could train the rest of the world.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014Me and my friends went there for Saturday dinner. Food was amazing. I had picked shrimp appetizer and scallops for dinner along with aromatic Sauvignon Blanc. My husband had a steak and he loved it. He Lao had fried oysters for appetizer. Everything was delicious. We didn't have to wait for food a long time and our server Marc was very nice and profesional. We will return and I will definitely recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayAhw1021Dined on 7/26/2014Wine was great, good was just okay. We had a variety of dishes from appetizers to salads, entree's and dessert. None were excellent. This is unfortunate in a culinary town. I should have expected this as it was one of the few places with available reservations last minute.
- A Charleston StaplewappoocutDined on 7/26/2014Many new restaurants open in Charleston every year. Few survive. Among the survivors, some exist on the strength of the ghost of reputations past. Other, like Blossom, find ways to remain current and vibrant. If you haven't tried Blossom in a while, go back. It's as good as you remember it - or better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapaJVIPDined on 7/20/2014Once again a great lunch experience at Blossom on a Sunday at noon. One guest had eggs with a cheese biscuit and the rest of us had lunch allowing everyone to have great food exactly as the wanted at a time of the day when this can be difficult. Well priced with a great value.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsMarchratDined on 7/19/2014I went to dinner with out-of-town friends. From the looks of things there were many groups of friends dining at Blossoms last Saturday evening. Our drinks were good. The wine was delightful. Our food was delicious from soup through dessert. We went for seafood. We enjoyed scallops, fried shrimp, and shrimp and grits. Our server seemed to be right there when we needed her. We took our time over dinner. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- martinis42Dined on 7/18/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday dinner. We had reservations for 4 people then a 5th person shows up that was a maybe for dinner. I explained to the hostess what had happened and she spent little time making the necessary arrangements to accommodate my party of five. We had a great time. The food and service were great. We love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Very Good FoodSunCityBill1Dined on 7/18/2014we ate outside since the weather was not too hot. It had a very nice ambiance. I had the potbelly appetizer and it was excellent in taste but a very large portion. As an entry I had the short ribs. they were well prepared.Special Features:
- Our favorite Charleston restaurantLuckytolivehereVIPDined on 7/17/2014We are lucky enough to live in Charleston and can choose any one of the great restaurants here, but Blossom is our favorite! Always great food, beautify setting and no matter how crowded it gets, the noise is never a problem. Also, free parking at night and on the weekends next door. A true delight!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014I'm a fairly frequent diner at Blossom and always find it an excellent experience. I bring guests most of the time and they are also very positive about it.Special Features:
- Delicious optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014Great food and really convenient to many other attractions and restaurants. We had gracious service although a little slow and hard to find sometimes. The pork belly appertizer was fabulous as were the friend oysters. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Had a very good lunchJennie129Dined on 7/15/2014Had a very good lunch that included several regional favorites. All were well done. The restaurant was also very pretty.Special Features:
- BlossomAgreatdineDined on 7/14/2014We would not miss dining at Blossom when we get to Charleston. Meals, service and atmosphere are wonderful!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blossom'sdowntowndinerDined on 7/12/2014Our dinner was most enjoyable. Not the best I've ever had, but perfectly satisfactory and I would go again. The arrugala/beet saad was wonderful. The mussells not so great. In all, a very pleasant experience in a lovely setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good brunchTprottVIPDined on 7/12/2014Went with a couple if friends. Had a couple sandwiches and the shrimp and grits. Everything was really tasty and service was very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzieQDined on 7/11/2014I have been enjoying Blossoms for 20 years. I have always had excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Special occasion to rememberGAmusicDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I were visiting Charleston for the first time on a birthday/anniversary getaway. I made reservations to Blossom and added a note that it would be my wife's birthday; the rest is history. They totally ran with the idea. The hostess and server greeted my wife with "Happy Birthday". We received other specialties throughout the meal. The entire experience was remarkable. The food was just as great as the service. Blossom was definitely a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchtumbleweedVIPDined on 7/8/2014I love lunch here. Always fresh and tasty. Good service and mostly quiet. Will go back againSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our mealJKPandFamilyDined on 7/6/2014It's a really nice bright open space and great atmosphere. All the food was good especially the loaded Brussels sprouts.