Bloomington Chop House
3900 American Blvd West
Bloomington, MN 55431Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Bloomington Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bloomingtonchophouse.com/
- Phone: (952) 893-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jacob Brodd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We feature four customizable options for private dining with our Executive Lounge capable of hosting 100 guest to our three small rooms with seating for 12-18 guests. Stop by our restaurant for a tour or visit our private dining link on our website for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Christian Heldstab 9528305231x
- Special Events: Friday Night Wine Lottery - Receive from 25 to 100% off all bottles of wine purchased in the ChopHouse.
A word from Bloomington Chop House
Exit off of 494 onto France Avenue South. The Bloomington ChopHouse is the place to dine for the best steaks as well as fresh seafood. Attentive service, spectacular wines, and great food make the Bloomington ChopHouse a preferred destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bloomington Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (17)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Where Everybody Knows Your NameemkayDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is consistently excellent. From the bar, where Stacy and Chad always have time for a" Hi, How are you?" to the friendly smile of the host to "Nice to see you again" from Gayle in the dining room. The prime rib is always excellent and the wedge salad is big enough to share. My husband loves the lamb chops. This is definitely our "go-to" place for special occasions or just to stop in for a quick drink and a chat with Stacy and ChadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't GoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I was hoping for a real steak house but what we got was the typical hotel restaurant. Smells like the chlorine pool, steaks were very undercooked and had to send back , bread needed to be cut with your steak knife, clientel was very casual hotel visitors. Once steaks came the way we asked them to be cooked, they were ok. Sides were also mediocre.
- rlatzDined on 11/15/2014Very nice for a romantic evening with my husband. We had the date night special. The sirloin was a little chewy. We prefer our steak very tender. Next time we will just order straight off the menu but the date night special was an exceptional price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014Thank you for comping our meals last night. We were the party of four with 8:00 pm reservations. I don't know what happened; but how is it that 3 out of 4 meals were inedible? The 4th meal was mediocre at best. The salad and sides were okay. Needless to say, I was thoroughly embarrassed, but was pleased that you did not charge for the disastrous entrees. The waiter tried his best to warn us with several subtle hints (i.e. Didn't recommend bison or prime rib at that "time" of night). As a matter of fact, he didn't recommend one dish to us. I hope this was an unfortunate hiccup, as the prices of the food did not nearly reflect the quality of the food or service that we received.
- An enjoyable eveningtheprincessVIPDined on 11/1/2014We came back to for a re-do from an off evening. Well it was their all around good food, and service. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the sunday morning brunch.DanielVIPDined on 10/26/2014My Grandson (2 yr) and I love coming to the sunday morning brunch. He loves the food and loves to explore the Hotel afterwards. Thanks for being so accomodating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Our party of five thought the food was excellent. We wished our table had been a little farther away from the bar but that scene quieted down quickly. Our waitress, Gail, was great and meet our every need. We have already recommended Chop House to our friends and plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Fantastic service!SusanDined on 10/17/2014We were a party of four and everyone raved about their meal. The seafood is some of the best I've had. The service was very attentive, refilling glasses as soon as needed. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the foodalwaysnewDined on 10/11/2014The Food was awesome and prepared perfect. It was quiet and cozy which was nice. The service started out great but then we lost our waiter after dessert was served. We were hoping to take the dessert home but the check came at the same time so I paid and then lost the waiter until we were walking out. I would still recommend because I thought the food was that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent on all frontsTeddyVIPDined on 10/2/2014I am a frequent diner at the Bloomington Chop House for a reason - it's consistently wonderful. The food is great, the service friendly and attentive, the management is engaged and friendly and the ambiance is comfortable and relaxing. It's my go-to place for business meetings, special occasions and lunch/dinner with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceMarkmywordzDined on 9/30/2014I was very disappointed at my recent business dinner with six work colleagues. I ordered the Wild Rice soup and it was runny and the grains were undercooked (several were not cooked at all and crunched in my mouth). I also ordered a sirloin steak that I asked to be medium well and it was more than well done and was very dry and unflavorful. The prices were very high and I've had better steaks at places that cost much less. I had eaten here once last year and had a good meal so I'm hoping this was just a bit off. But our service level was lower than I expected for such a high dollar place.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceGettingtothepointDined on 9/30/2014Besides the food, the best part of our experience was the exemplary service we received from our wait staff. Mature and well mannered server, that didn't rush, but allowed us to enjoy our dining journey.Special Features:
- Great, fresh flavorsChereVIPDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed BCH's prix fixe dinner option. A starter of prosciutto and fig jam on crostini was good, the salads were better; beets and blue with greens and an apple/Brussels sprout mix with maple tahini dressing that was delicious. My husband's steak was cooked spot on; alas, my pork chops were tough, however the sweet potato with apple-raisin chutney was seasonal and very tasty - almost made me forget about the chewy meat. Wine pairings were fine. Our server Dennis hustled around to make our experience a smooth one; too bad the other restaurant floor staff seemed to be about 16 and nonchalant or ignorant about service. I will most likely return to try the next iteration of their tasting menu. The kitchen knows what it's doing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, won't write homeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014We had the prix-fixe menu with wine pairings. The food was decent, not superb. The wine pairings were fine, although both my partner and I agreed our respective wines were mismatched with our salads. Had a Groupon which made it very affordable. Don't think it would be worth the price otherwise.
- JackienellieDined on 9/26/2014We went to this restaurant using a Living Social Coupon. I must say the food was very average. I do not feel the need to go back.
- Nice surpriseTomSVIPDined on 9/12/2014Didn't have very high expectations for a hotel restaurant but we were pleasantly surprised by the Bloomington Chop House. The beet salad was excelent and the steak was very good. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PairingWinesnobDined on 9/12/2014Our individual courses were paired with superb wines. These were wines I never might have tried on my own. It lead me to a new favorite which I by stocking soon at homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceShellyVIPDined on 9/10/2014Great Food, rather pricey but we used a coupon (as many of the other diners that were there did also). The Price Fixe menu was interesting and the waiter gave us excellent suggestions. I was not a fan of two of the wine pairings although the Alexander Valley Cab was excellent. I do not drink white or rose wine so I was so-so on the rose that was paired with the cheese plate. I did not like the Viognier at all that was served with the salad course.Special Features:
- Impressive ExperienceDokceeDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I enjoyed the 3 course dinner with wine pairing. The menu offered interesting alternatives with creative preparations. Our choices were excellently prepared. The serving time been courses was very efficient. The wine selections were good. The manager visited our table multiple times. My spouse told the manager that the salad was so good she wished she could get a taste of the soup too. She received a sampling of the soup. This was our first to the Chop House. Before we left the restaurant we were discussing what we would order on our next visit.Special Features:
- Great restaurantahoriticaDined on 9/10/2014Hidden away in the Hilton Hotel, this is a great spot for a good meal & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent and the service was top notch. Appropriate amount of time between courses. We never had to ask for a thing! Will definitely go back especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- duetsDined on 8/27/2014Service, ambiance, and food were all impeccable . We thoroughly enjoyed our first dinner there - and will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014A little pricey but the food is great. The lobster mac and cheese alone is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good hotel restaurant. Great deal with the groupon - food and wine pairings were good.
- Outstanding eveningRGreenDined on 8/16/2014First time at the Chop House. We had an Amazon Local Deal for dinner and the range of options for the selections was very good. Mellon Soup was one of the best. Trout Salad was tasty and smoky. Wine pairings were good and the entrée was prepared perfectly. We both had the NY Strip, found it to be prepared very well and the finishing sauce to to have just the right hint of tarragon and sweetness. The blush served with the cheese was exceptional given that blush is not a favorite of mine. The service was excellent and the other guests were having a great time. A very nice evening out.Special Features:
- a nice evening outthefishguyDined on 8/11/2014quiet ... good attentive wait staff... all food was good ... steaks prepared well (tender and hot) ... good presentation of all courses ... an enjoyable 2 hour dinner ... thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorablemmcqDined on 8/2/2014Husband's grass fed steak was way overcooked. Catfish entree was rubbery. Service was fair but not anything special. Restaurant seemed very empty for a Saturday night. Never a good sign.
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We brought another couple - it was their first time dining at Bloomington Chop House. They were impressed, loved their entrees, and said they will definitely return. For us, it's our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 656 reviews are from the Bloomington Chop House reviews archive.
- Skip It!jef821VIPDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is located on the ground floor of a Hilton hotel. Rather than feeling like a traditional chop house - felt more like hotel dining. We dined on a Saturday evening at 8:00 PM and there was only one other occupied table and an empty bar. Service was excellent as we were nearly the only diners. Food preparation was 50/50. One entrée was well prepared the other came out nearly raw (salmon). Entrée was sent back and returned unedible - completely overcooked.
- great priceteach1VIPDined on 7/19/2014I used a Living Social Coupon, and it was well worth the price. I would have liked a few more selections, however, I loved what I got. The smoked trout salad was excellent. My potatoes and steak were delicious. However, my boyfriend ordered the pork chop which he didn't care for. He said it was more like ham, than pork. The waiter agreed with him. The wine selections were wonderful, and our waiter, Dennis, was great. He was so friendly and knowledgeable. I have always been pleased with the service and the food at Bloomington Chop House. I'm sure we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealJheinz37Dined on 7/16/2014My husband and I had never been to the Bloomington Chophouse. I found a LivingSocial deal and we made reservations on a kid free night for a date. Our server was Dennis, and he is hands down, the best server I have ever had at any restaurant. We gave him our coupon deal, and he gave us wonderful recommendations for our meals. The food was incredible. At the end, he brought us spoons and said that dessert was on him! It was decadent and the perfect end to our meals. We will return!!! A wonderful date night and experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a steakhouseBadMeatVIPDined on 7/11/2014I expect a chop house to be a good upscale steakhouse. What I received was a substandard chewy piece of fat that was overpriced. The salads were the highlight. Got the cucumber peanut salad and the smoked trout salad. The entrees were a joke. Ny strip was chewy and fatty, but the pork chop was laughed outta the place, it was a piece of ham and by ham I mean liquid pressed cure 81 for $24. The highlight of this place was the butters to go with the super hard bread. Don't go here. Spend your money elsewhere.Special Features:
- DeliciousDawnVIPDined on 6/27/2014We had a great dinner with wine pairings. The sommelier/manager came by a few times to check on us and our server was attentive. The food was truly delicious.Special Features:
- decent but overpricedtraveler1Dined on 6/24/2014Recently visited this restaurant and found it to be of a lesser caliber than it was presented as. have had much better food in restaurants of this type. appears more of an overpriced "chain style" than a one off special restaurant i was hoping for. The first clue should have been that it is located inside a small travelers chain hotel. decent food but not romantic or special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb RestaurantvtjjaurigueDined on 6/21/2014Delicious and thoroughly satisfying. The prime rib was so tender that I could cut it with a fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic up-scale steak houseJekkaDined on 6/17/2014I took my husband out for his birthday, and I wanted a NICE steak house. That is exactly what I got. The salads were original and tasteful. The wine list was extensive with a lot of wonderful options. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, just the way we each ordered them. Our server was pleasant and very helpful when it came to ordering (since we had never been here and had questions about their options). The ambience was perfect. We didn't feel hushed but at the same time we could enjoy each other's company without having to strain to focus on what the other person was saying. Definitely going to return in the future!Special Features:
- Delicious and beyond!YUM111Dined on 5/23/2014We absolutely loved the three course meal with wine pairing for each course! We appreciated the fact that the majority of the menu is created using locally sourced food. The service was perfect, the wine was was perfectly matched and the food was incredible. We prefer smaller portions when it means quality food and this menu did not disappoint! Thank you Chop House, we will be back when in the area!Special Features:
- We will be back!CoopersDined on 5/21/2014We had the three course pairing meal and it was outstanding. Most notable were the salads - the Avacado/Crab was delicious as was my friend's Farmer Market (?) salad. Too, the bread with the blue cheese spread and the sundried tomato spread was fabulous. Finally both of our entrees were also very good. I had the trout. My friend the NY Strip. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- reviewwankDined on 5/9/2014Waiter was great....after he finally arrive. Steaks were over cooked we sent back. Veggies came out cold. They have some management issues. The waiter tried to make it Ok by giving us a fee dessert
- A not so good breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014We have enjoyed dinner at the Bloomington Chop House on more than one occasion and have always been very pleased. We decided to try breakfast. It was not nearly as good. My husband had Eggs Benedict. I took one look and knew that they would not get a good review from him. He is not a picky eater, but loves good Eggs Benedict. These were just plain not good. I had the buffet. It was passable but not very extensive. Some scrambled eggs, soggy hash brown potatoes, bacon and sausage. No ham, which I would have preferred. The pastries quite frankly looked like they came form the local gas station. We will most definitely not go back for breakfast. I cannot recommend it. The service was good.