Bloomington Chop House
3900 American Blvd West
Bloomington, MN 55431Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Bloomington Chop House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bloomingtonchophouse.com/
- Phone: 9528939500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jacob Brodd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We feature four customizable options for private dining with our Executive Lounge capable of hosting 100 guest to our three small rooms with seating for 12-18 guests. Stop by our restaurant for a tour or visit our private dining link on our website for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Christian Heldstab 9528305231x
- Special Events: Friday Night Wine Lottery - Receive from 25 to 100% off all bottles of wine purchased in the ChopHouse.
A word from Bloomington Chop House
Exit off of 494 onto France Avenue South. The Bloomington ChopHouse is the place to dine for the best steaks as well as fresh seafood. Attentive service, spectacular wines, and great food make the Bloomington ChopHouse a preferred destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Bloomington Chop House - Best Restaurants in Bloomington ›
Bloomington Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (25)romantic (12)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- duetsDined on 8/27/2014Service, ambiance, and food were all impeccable . We thoroughly enjoyed our first dinner there - and will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014A little pricey but the food is great. The lobster mac and cheese alone is well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good hotel restaurant. Great deal with the groupon - food and wine pairings were good.
- Outstanding eveningRGreenDined on 8/16/2014First time at the Chop House. We had an Amazon Local Deal for dinner and the range of options for the selections was very good. Mellon Soup was one of the best. Trout Salad was tasty and smoky. Wine pairings were good and the entrée was prepared perfectly. We both had the NY Strip, found it to be prepared very well and the finishing sauce to to have just the right hint of tarragon and sweetness. The blush served with the cheese was exceptional given that blush is not a favorite of mine. The service was excellent and the other guests were having a great time. A very nice evening out.Special Features:
- a nice evening outthefishguyDined on 8/11/2014quiet ... good attentive wait staff... all food was good ... steaks prepared well (tender and hot) ... good presentation of all courses ... an enjoyable 2 hour dinner ... thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorablemmcqDined on 8/2/2014Husband's grass fed steak was way overcooked. Catfish entree was rubbery. Service was fair but not anything special. Restaurant seemed very empty for a Saturday night. Never a good sign.
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014We brought another couple - it was their first time dining at Bloomington Chop House. They were impressed, loved their entrees, and said they will definitely return. For us, it's our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip It!jef821Dined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is located on the ground floor of a Hilton hotel. Rather than feeling like a traditional chop house - felt more like hotel dining. We dined on a Saturday evening at 8:00 PM and there was only one other occupied table and an empty bar. Service was excellent as we were nearly the only diners. Food preparation was 50/50. One entrée was well prepared the other came out nearly raw (salmon). Entrée was sent back and returned unedible - completely overcooked.
- great priceteach1VIPDined on 7/19/2014I used a Living Social Coupon, and it was well worth the price. I would have liked a few more selections, however, I loved what I got. The smoked trout salad was excellent. My potatoes and steak were delicious. However, my boyfriend ordered the pork chop which he didn't care for. He said it was more like ham, than pork. The waiter agreed with him. The wine selections were wonderful, and our waiter, Dennis, was great. He was so friendly and knowledgeable. I have always been pleased with the service and the food at Bloomington Chop House. I'm sure we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealJheinz37Dined on 7/16/2014My husband and I had never been to the Bloomington Chophouse. I found a LivingSocial deal and we made reservations on a kid free night for a date. Our server was Dennis, and he is hands down, the best server I have ever had at any restaurant. We gave him our coupon deal, and he gave us wonderful recommendations for our meals. The food was incredible. At the end, he brought us spoons and said that dessert was on him! It was decadent and the perfect end to our meals. We will return!!! A wonderful date night and experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a steakhouseBadMeatDined on 7/11/2014I expect a chop house to be a good upscale steakhouse. What I received was a substandard chewy piece of fat that was overpriced. The salads were the highlight. Got the cucumber peanut salad and the smoked trout salad. The entrees were a joke. Ny strip was chewy and fatty, but the pork chop was laughed outta the place, it was a piece of ham and by ham I mean liquid pressed cure 81 for $24. The highlight of this place was the butters to go with the super hard bread. Don't go here. Spend your money elsewhere.Special Features:
- DeliciousDawnVIPDined on 6/27/2014We had a great dinner with wine pairings. The sommelier/manager came by a few times to check on us and our server was attentive. The food was truly delicious.Special Features:
- decent but overpricedtraveler1Dined on 6/24/2014Recently visited this restaurant and found it to be of a lesser caliber than it was presented as. have had much better food in restaurants of this type. appears more of an overpriced "chain style" than a one off special restaurant i was hoping for. The first clue should have been that it is located inside a small travelers chain hotel. decent food but not romantic or special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb RestaurantvtjjaurigueDined on 6/21/2014Delicious and thoroughly satisfying. The prime rib was so tender that I could cut it with a fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic up-scale steak houseJekkaDined on 6/17/2014I took my husband out for his birthday, and I wanted a NICE steak house. That is exactly what I got. The salads were original and tasteful. The wine list was extensive with a lot of wonderful options. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, just the way we each ordered them. Our server was pleasant and very helpful when it came to ordering (since we had never been here and had questions about their options). The ambience was perfect. We didn't feel hushed but at the same time we could enjoy each other's company without having to strain to focus on what the other person was saying. Definitely going to return in the future!Special Features:
- Delicious and beyond!YUM111Dined on 5/23/2014We absolutely loved the three course meal with wine pairing for each course! We appreciated the fact that the majority of the menu is created using locally sourced food. The service was perfect, the wine was was perfectly matched and the food was incredible. We prefer smaller portions when it means quality food and this menu did not disappoint! Thank you Chop House, we will be back when in the area!Special Features:
- We will be back!CoopersDined on 5/21/2014We had the three course pairing meal and it was outstanding. Most notable were the salads - the Avacado/Crab was delicious as was my friend's Farmer Market (?) salad. Too, the bread with the blue cheese spread and the sundried tomato spread was fabulous. Finally both of our entrees were also very good. I had the trout. My friend the NY Strip. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- reviewwankDined on 5/9/2014Waiter was great....after he finally arrive. Steaks were over cooked we sent back. Veggies came out cold. They have some management issues. The waiter tried to make it Ok by giving us a fee dessert
- The following 644 reviews are from the Bloomington Chop House reviews archive.
- A not so good breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014We have enjoyed dinner at the Bloomington Chop House on more than one occasion and have always been very pleased. We decided to try breakfast. It was not nearly as good. My husband had Eggs Benedict. I took one look and knew that they would not get a good review from him. He is not a picky eater, but loves good Eggs Benedict. These were just plain not good. I had the buffet. It was passable but not very extensive. Some scrambled eggs, soggy hash brown potatoes, bacon and sausage. No ham, which I would have preferred. The pastries quite frankly looked like they came form the local gas station. We will most definitely not go back for breakfast. I cannot recommend it. The service was good.
- GerardVIPDined on 4/23/2014Inattentive service surpassed only by greasy, mediocre food.
- Good food Poor serviceDianeVIPDined on 4/6/2014The restaurant was not busy and the waitress Lucy did a very poor job in refreshing are beverages and taking our plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- office lunchRockfishDined on 3/28/2014Group of coworkers went for lunch. Variety of options. Service was a little slow for lunch hour. Pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice spot!!Charlesd68Dined on 3/27/2014I popped in here for lunch and I was really impressed, food was excellent and the ambiance was great, I will for sure be back, this just might be my new regularSpecial Features:
- Again tuna salad-not freshArtvanDined on 3/19/2014Salad "greens " were combination of limp greens and mostly the white parts you find at base of. Romaine lettuce leaf. Tuna slices tasted like they'd been around awhile. Disappointing.
- Great food, great service!IreallylovefoodDined on 3/15/2014I had lamb chops and lobster tail. My friend had the swordfish. Everything was cooked to perfection. Great beer and wine list and even better service. One and only drawback is that all sides are extra. Silver lining is that the sides are large enough to share. Loved it! I'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOutAndAboutVIPDined on 2/27/2014I have had the opportunity to visit for both lunch and dinner recently. They have a nice menu selection. Our meals were well prepared and the service was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the way their lamb was prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!KIDSX3Dined on 2/22/2014Fabulous place for paleos. Grass fed beef and bison. Terrific salads. Knowledgable and attentive staff. Nice wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 26th Wedding AnniveseryDALGDined on 2/22/2014The Service was very good. Ambiance was good, and only a few people in the restaurant at 6:30 on Saturday. The walleye cakes were good, the Chop house salad was very refreshing. The large stake filet was very good and cooked to the required way. I ordered the Walleye stuffed with crab and it was over cooked to the max. I had to cut it with a knife. I could only take a few bites and told the waitress of it not being cooked correctly. At that point I didn't want a new one and she offered us free desert. Overall the dinning experience was average. They are very overpriced but it is something to expect in a hotel restaurant. I would spend the the $ 225.00 at any of the great restaurants in the Twin Cities. We will not being going back.
- Valentine's debaclekjiffDined on 2/14/2014I took my Valentine to Bloomington Chop House, I know I know, must've been late to make reservations. It was the 9:30 slot and the service was very slow to bring out my medium rare steak so I had a cold plate when we finally got to eat, needless to say I had to send it back and my date had to wait for it to return before she would continue. He then forgot the bolognaise and it looked like it had less Oscar on it than when I sent it back. The Caesar salad was way too big for a single person and had 4 times the amount of parmesan it required, and I love cheese. The chopped salad was apparently the way to go, much better portioning. The Lobster Mac 'n Cheese was actually pretty good but I was so frustrated I couldn't eat anymore.
- best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Even though we live in Bloomington, we had not tried the Chop House. We were completely impressed. The service and food were both great. Good wine choices too. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Valentine ExperienceTheresaDined on 2/14/2014Bloomington Chophouse has always been our go to restaurant for steaks, however, we had a very disappointing experience on Valentine’s Day. Our regular server, Gail, was not working and service suffered because of it. Our salad was delivered minutes after ordering which gave the impression it was premade. We never received bread and after receiving our steaks no one checked back on how they were prepared. The check was brought to the table without an offer for dessert. We felt very rushed. We had a 7:00 reservation and were gone by 7:40? Not the experience we were hoping for from our favorite restaurant.
- YawnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Boring with slow service. Food was ok, lots of better spots in town for the $.
- Food and service were poorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2014My steak was dry and served on the cool side. It seemed it was pre-cooked then warmed up and served. My wife orderd lamb chops medium rare and they came medium well. Service was poor. The food was dropped off without asking if everything was as ordered and if there was anything else we needed. It wasn't until 10 minutes later than the waitress came to ask about our food. I don't recommend the restaurant but if you go do get the pothole ice cream.
- Great Food and ServicemcjwDined on 2/14/2014Giving patrons a rose on Valentines is a nice touch. We picked the location for the special menu and it was delicious. When asked questions about the menu the waiter gave suggestions and was patient. We both had steaks and they were excellent. We had Pork appetizer and it was delicious. I can be a picky eater but ate everything because it tasted so good.Special Features:
- Very good steakcasualdinerDined on 2/14/2014The food here was delicious. The staff was attentive and very friendly. My only complaint would be that they brought out the wrong plate for me, fortunately it looked even better than what I had ordered so I stayed with the one given to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I had the rib steak, but thought the $42.00 price was on the high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went to the Chop House for Valentine's day evening. The ambience was excellent and we never felt it was noisy or lacking privacy. Our server was attentive and knew the menu well, especially when making recommendations from the wine list. As for the food, the chop salad had good flavors, but was underseasoned. The lobster macaroni and cheese also had pretty good lobster flavor, but again we felt it was underseasoned. As for the main course, we both had the filets. These were as good as any filets I have had throughout Minneapolis's best steak restaurants; both perfectly prepared,well-seasoned and full of flavor. A very, very good filet to say the least. Overall, we had a nice dining experience and will return for more filets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for the qualityAdamDined on 2/8/2014Our party of 4 all felt this was overpriced for the quality of food provided.
- special night missrampDDined on 2/1/2014Only 1 other table being used when we arrived and we were sat across from the kitchen door. Our past experiences have been if we're going to drop that much money for dinner, someone will ask if the evening is special. Not here. The Busboy frequently walk by and looked in at our table but never once offered to refill our water glasses. He would take some of the used plates and glasses but others would leave there. After dessert, he wanted to take the plate before I got the fork out of my mouth from the last bite. The Manager stopped by our table to ask how our dinner was and something else that we couldn't understand as he sped away.
- Chophouse eveningTamken2Dined on 1/28/2014Everything was very good, the fact that everything is a la carte makes it a bit expensive.Special Features: