1504 Ashford Ave
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blondacondadopr.com/
- Phone: 7879935710
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Yadira Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Small Room that accommodates up to 12 people
- Private Party Contact: Sergio Bevilacqua 7879935710
A word from Blonda
A new gastronomic concept in the heart of Condado passionately committed to offering the freshest local ingredients possible. Here you will enjoy great food prepared in a vibrant, comfortable atmosphere with great music and an attentive, knowledgeable staff. Fresh baked breads, hand made pastas and the best olive oils will have you savoring for more. Our great wine selection will be priced to please even the most demanding connoisseur.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blonda reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Fabulous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014My family (me, my husband and my two daughters, age 12 and 14) enjoyed our dinner at Blonda. The drinks from the bar were outstanding -- I enjoyed a drink made with with fresh cucumber, basil, gin, lime juice and prosecco. My husband had a ginger cucumber martini (two actually!) Delicious! I loved my salmon with sauteed vegetables (Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, peppers, onions). My husband and oldest daughter ordered pasta dishes -- very good, but very rich. A little less cheese on the lasagna and a bit lighter touch on the cream sauce on my daughter's fettuccine would have been appreciated -- but excellent flavors. My youngest ordered the pizza with fresh buffalo mozzarella and really enjoyed it. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch, muddled organizationlanitdelfocDined on 6/15/2014The good: fluffy french toast, hat sized pancakes, a variety of champagne cocktails. The bad: they won't honor Open Table reservations on weekends.... And they let you find this out the hard way! Weekends are packed and their space is small and without a true entry/waiting area, so expect a tight squeeze among strangers and a fair amount of confusion over who's in charge.Special Features:
- Restaurant Changed HandslivetoeatDined on 6/11/2014The menu was not what was shown on line. It was more of a Mexican Menu. No indication until we were seated that the Restaurant had changed hands and the menu changed. No mention of our special request
- The following 44 reviews are from the Blonda reviews archive.
- Excellent food, poor service.condadoresDined on 5/24/2014Don't let this poor review change your mind about the food at Blonda. Unfortunately the server did not know that main courses should not come out at the same time as the appetizers. Then he was rude when we told him that we didn't want the main course yet because we had not even eaten our appetizers. The food came out all at different times but that didn't detract from the deliciousness of the meal. I would definitely go back because I had eaten there previously, but if it were my first time there I would not suggest it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwsomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Awsome chees with guava! The ambience was great with great companySpecial Features:
- Great food! Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Good food! Quality and amount were perfect! Kids menu. Service was a but slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service!likesgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/16/2014Not a typical pizza menu, nice twists on thin crust artisan pizzas. Good pasta! The Gnocchi was wonderful and the "pink sauce" ....yum. Try the Rosemary Creme Brulee if it is on the menu....very interesting and creamy! The servers are very attentive.Special Features:
- our first visit deserves a secondgoldrushVIPDined on 3/27/2014My wife and I shared an order of calamari, a salad and a tomato mozzarella and basil pizza. Everything was wonderful. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotIcvelxDined on 3/15/2014Blonda has one of the best french toast I've ever eaten. The eggs Benedict are also very good, I recommend the brunch plate that has a sample of everything, it is definitely worth it. They do not take reservations of sundays, and the wait is usually long, but worth it.Special Features:
- Good MealPucksDined on 3/7/2014We had an 8:00pm reservation on a Friday. The table was ready and the food was good: my wife had the Filet and I had the Churrasco. Both were ample, well prepared, flavorful and well presented. The service was a bit slow, but that may have been influenced by some larger parties there at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they need more waiterscsachDined on 2/16/2014I love going to Blonda for it's food, location and it's a pretty place. However, the last 4 times I've been, whether for lunch or dinner, they only have two waiters. Last Sunday night we had to leave when we noticed the restaurant was almost full but the people were not being served. We left while waiting for a table and in those 5 minutes, 3 other parties showed up. Basically, if they staffed themselves better, they could move tables and maintain their great service that so well complemented Blonda's food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodChrisJanisDined on 1/23/2014We ate lunch at Blonda on 1/23. The restaurant is modern and clean with lively decor. We were immediately greeted by Ama who is a smiling, cheerful, lovely young woman. She answered all of our questions thoroughly. The food was outstanding. My wife had a gourmet cheeseburger. She could barely eat 1/2 of it. I had the spinach fettuccine with shrimp and calamari. The seafood was perfectly cooked. The fettuccine was awesome. Home made to the core. The sauce was unique. Oil, garlic and a nice blend of herbs. Try the blueberry lemonade! Be prepared to wait a little for your food, but keep in mind that everything is scratch made. There are no vats of sauce waiting to be ladled over boxed pasta here! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placebrunoDined on 1/14/2014the beautiful ambience pidzza're really good simpatique ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice gem in the heart of Condado...MOMEDined on 1/13/2014I had lunch with my two daughters on a weekday. Excellent service and suggestions from the waiter. The passion fruit mimosa was delightful. The soup & salad to die for. We ordered two pizzas, one came very good but the other had the crust burned. We did not returned because we were in a hurry but they should not serve food in that condition. I would return and order pasta....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinnerBrianDined on 12/27/2013We had a very good meal here. The thin crust pizza was excellent. Service was a little slow, but friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2013I've always loved Blonda: ambiace and food. But service was not great this time. I know the place was full, but they excelled in service before and this time they didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2013I made a reservation through open table for Blonda this past Sunday. Even though they told me that they don't take reservations on Sunday brunch, they were quick to accommodate us. We only waited like 20 minutes. Our initial waiter wasn't very friendly, he didn't even great us, but the girl who received us was very attentive to our needs. The French toast was delicious!!!!! and so were the home fries, the bacon was cooked to perfection. The pancakes were ok, they felt a bit under cooked. Overall a good meal. The champagne with ginger was amazing(copying this and doing it at home). Will totally go back again, but getting there early since they get pretty busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2013This is a neighborhood gem. Clean and tasty food. It is down from the Doubletree and a quick walk downtown. You have so many options from brunch, breakfast, and lunch.Special Features:
- Horrible Service!!! My husbandMarianaDined on 10/26/2013Horrible Service!!! My husband had to get up and get the wine list and many of the items of the menu were not available. The response from the waiter was that he didn't know what time the chef would start making the food. The place was empty and it was 8:30 pm on a Saturday night when we got there. Used to go there but it seems there has been a change of management and the last two times there has been little to no attention to the guests.
- Good little restaurant!gechevarriaDined on 10/20/2013Good food and service. Gets crowded on weekends, so call ahead and reserve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was pleasantly surprisedFredVIPDined on 10/12/2013I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food at Blonda. Recommend the lasagna and pasta with spinach. Very well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool DiningElHoneyDined on 10/11/2013A relaxed atmosphere in the heart of Condado with great wines and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchFoodieDined on 10/6/2013Another great brunch! Have come here for brunch Since it opened and brunch never fails. Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy with Open TablewoohooDined on 8/18/2013Blonda did not honor the reservation made through Open Table. They told us that they had ended the relationship with Open Table. To hold yourself out as a representative of a restaurant for purposes of taking reservations when you are not is not acceptable corporate behavior. I don't think I'll be using Open Table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best French toast !AmbbDined on 8/11/2013Food is really good but not cheap. The place is tiny and seems it can't fit all people they are able to snuggle in. Small place and not much personnel builds the recipe for very slow service. If you don't mind the wait and the feeling of being able to take a bite out of the next table food this is a really good brunch option.Special Features:
- The food is always goodNinaVIPDined on 7/25/2013Blonda is a place where you can have good food in a casual ambiance, great anytime from breakfast to dinner or just for light fare at any momentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited over 1 hour forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/21/2013We waited over 1 hour for a table and then another hour for our food. Meanwhile other tables before us got seated and served because it was less people. This restaurant needs a good manager asapSpecial Features:
- Great brunchFoodieDined on 6/2/2013Brunch here is always on point and waiters are very attentive. Would definetely recommend eating brunch here, haven't done dinner yet but imagine is also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchFredVIPDined on 5/5/2013Waited 20 minutes for our reservation. The service was rushed maybe because it was crowded. The bloody mary is not recommended - too spicy. The mimosas were good. The eggs benedict splendid and so were the french toast. With time it will be an excellent restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've dined there before andDeejayDined on 4/30/2013I've dined there before and had good experiences. This time was less memorable. The mussels which were great last time did not seem fresh on this occasion. I had a group of 9 and requested the private room. It was not ready when we arrived. It was hot since they only turned on AC when we arrived. So whole experience was disappointing and I won't likely return.
- Best brunch in San JuanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2013Consistently good fresh food from the Blonda kitchen - excellent pizzas, delicious waffles and pancakes and three types of eggs Benedict. Perfect for foodies looking for brunch.Special Features:
- Great food and terrific service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2013Great food and terrific service. Love the fact the they have a very simple menu. Would recommend this spot for sure.Special Features:
- Great location in Condado.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/6/2013Great location in Condado. Excellent weekend brunch.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/31/2012The food at Blonda was probably the best meal we had while we were in Puerto Rico. Would recommend it to anyone. Staff were extremely friendly and service was great. Would definitely venture back if I am ever in San Juan again.Special Features:
- Great spot for NYE dinner.BethesdaFoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2012Great spot for NYE dinner. All the food was great, would highly recommend the mussels (some of the best we've ever had).
- Best BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/11/2012Probably the best brunch we've eer had in Puerto Rico.Special Features:
- The food was horrible,exorbitantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2012The food was horrible,exorbitant prices for alchohol and tiny food portions. Not a good one. Seriously
- I WAS IMPRESS WITH THE TASTEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012I'VE BEEN TRAVELING TO PUERTO RICO FOR ALMOST 6 YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH A GREAT, FRESH AND UNIQUE FOOD LIKE IN BLONDA. MY PARTY AND I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEET CHEF YADIRA, SHE CAME TO OUR TABLE AND EXPLAIN HER WAY OF MAKING FOOD SO DELICIOUS. IT WAS A PLEASURE MEETING HER AND OUR SERVICE GIRL YOSIE. I HIGLY RECOMMEND THE PLACE. I WILL BE VISITING SOON AGAIN.Special Features:
- The brunch food was fair andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/21/2012The brunch food was fair and could be improved (i.e., hollandaise sauce was very watered down, as was the orange juice.) Some plates are overpriced based on portion size. The room temperature was uncomfortable (too hot) and the service was awful.
- Good FoodMikeVIPDined on 10/12/2012This is a great (fairly) new place in Condado. My wife and I shared the Octopus appetizer, which was great. I had the special, which was osobucco and parm risotto, both of which were great. My wife had a very good chirasco. The apple Brown Betty desert was good but I've had better, and the drinks were disappointing. Overall we really liked our meal, and we'll definitely go back. They have a kid menu, and the night we were there, there were LOTS of kids. The place has nice atmosphere which was incongruous with all the kids. And the price was a little high. But again, overall very good food.Special Features: