Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
691 Route 25A
Miller Place, NY 11764Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://blondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (631) 821-5969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sam Nelovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Blond Restaurant is available for off-site catering for any occasion, from a simple back yard BBQ to a sophisticated Vineyard wedding. We can create a menu to fit your needs and wants.
- Private Party Facilities: We are available for private dinning. Our eclectic decor lends itself for any occasion, bridal showers,christening, communion, rehearsal dinner, birthday parties. We can create a menu to fit your needs and wants.
- Private Party Contact: Sam Nelovic 6318215969
- Entertainment: We offer live music every Thursday and Friday night for your dinning pleasure.
- Special Events: We offer live music every Thursday and Friday night for your dining pleasure.
A word from Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
Blond Restaurant is a contemporary American restaurant. Open seven nights a week for dinner only. Executive chef/owner Sam Nelovic offers a three course prix fix menu Sunday, and Tuesday through Thursday, or you could join us on Friday and Saturday nights for chef Sam's 5 course chefs tasting. On Monday night we offer "Free Wine Till Nine" Come and sample 8-10 different wines by the glass with the purchase of a entree (Parties of 5 or more limited to 2 bottles). Join us for happy hour every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5 - 7:30 and enjoy specialty drinks and appetizers. For your dining pleasure we offer live music every Thursday and Friday nights. Reservations are strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blond Restaurant - Miller Place reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (18)romantic (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Roe50Dined on 11/15/2014Crab cakes cold, bbc steak apptzr cold fatty. Main meal short ribs room temp and no flavor just a hunk of meat, shrimp with bacon ok at best. We will not return.. To loud..should just be a bar.Special Features:
- Good Food/Service Offset by Bad Lounge MusicSuffolkLocalVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food is quite good. As is the service. The acoustics, improved from days past, is more than offset (as is the entire dining experience) by a bad lounge singer who sings karaoke style to Sinatra tunes and 70s pop hits. The amplification is so loud that you cannot hear the person sitting next to you let alone anybody across the table. The first time we went the singer was there and we thought it might be a goof. But we went again last week. Same singer, same song list, same amplification. Don't think we'll return again. Which is a shame because the food and service are both good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencebm2dineDined on 11/11/2014would definitely come back. Food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely nightjenbobdiningDined on 11/9/2014food and service was great, smaller venue then I thought but decor was nice. will be returningSpecial Features:
- Very Poor ServiceFinedinerDined on 11/8/2014It was our second time at this restaurant and it happened on Restaurant Week. After 15 minutes waiting for service, I had to go back to the hostess to ask for a server. When the server came, she took our drink orders but instead of going directly to the bar to place the order, she started a conversation to the party next to our table. We just decided to leave the restaurant since this establishment clearly does not want our business.
- Nice RestaurantLIfoodieDined on 11/3/2014The restaurant was nice. The food was cooked well and we enjoyed our meal. I was taken aback when we received the bill and I saw we were charged $3.00 for a seltzer that I drank with my meal.Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Went for dinner for a birthday. There was live music. Musician was great and we would have enjoyed if we were at the bar however it made it very difficult to enjoy our dinner and the company. We couldn't talk at all. We usually have a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBGLDSDined on 10/18/2014Food and service , Excellent! We highly recommend this place, and we will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to be to be RomanticRaffVIPDined on 10/13/2014Its the 3rd time there, very nice people food was great.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood placeSteveSVIPDined on 10/10/2014Terrific menu, great staff. Romantic, but can be a little loud. Definitely a favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always.JsgwVIPDined on 10/4/2014Everyone is friendly and attentive and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and servicekvh634Dined on 9/27/2014Nice find in a strip mall in Miller Place. Small menu but food was prepared well for the second time that we have been there. Service and knowledge of the service staff is definitely above the average restaurant. We had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating at BlondOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014This was I first time eating at Blond and definitely will return . The calamari was not overly coated and were very tender . Three of us had the Chilean Sea Bass over white beans,broccoli and garlic cream sauce ( which was not overly done).Our other dinner guest had the Almond crusted Mahi Mahi over spinach which he said was very good . Our server Michelle was pleasant and very attentive . The only negative, was we all thought our wines were a short pour.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Recently went to Blonde to celebrate my husband's birthday. Sunday thru Thursday they offer a deal that when you order an entree you get soup, salad and dessert. The food was delicious! The soup was a corn chowder that was excellent and had some heat. You were able to choose from one of three salads on the menu and didn't just get a standard salad for the deal. It too was excellent. I had the grilled shrimp with risotto and would definitely recommend it. My husband had the duck and found it a little salty. My son loved his organic chicken dish. The desserts were delicious but small, but after all that food we were hardly able to eat it anyway. We have always enjoyed Blonde and have never had a bad meal there. Be back for my bday shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoopmacDined on 8/30/2014Had a fabulous dinner with friends recently. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their appetizers, entrees, and wow, what terrific desserts. The service was very good, the food was outstanding, but we really enjoyed being able to converse and hear what others were saying. All of us decided this is our new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014You don't expect a good restaurant to be in a strip mall. This place will surprise you. Excellent service, meals were perfect, with the exception of desert, which was a fondue, not served hot enough. We sent it back, and they returned it the same way. We told them, but nothing was done. That was the 5th star. Very nice dining room, good atmosphere, easy to have a conversation. We will go back, but no fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014It is really a shame this restaurant is tucked away in a strip that does not do it justice. The staff is always friendly and the atmosphere fits into that cozy or romantic mood.Special Features:
- Great findkvh634Dined on 8/9/2014Limited menu but selections were well prepared. Wait staff was very attentive. Accommodated special requests for allergy considerations. Braised rib pasta dish highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Went here for a bachelorette dinner party. The place was nice and clean, the staff was really grid dly. Pricing was really good. The food was fantastic. Even the table bread was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good timehorri3leDined on 7/31/2014I came to Blond to take my Mother out for her Birthday it was a special occasion, I have eaten at this restaurant about two years ago and have been raving about it since. The first time I ate here I had 5 hr braised short ribs, was looking forward to it again, viewed the menu on the website prior to returning. Online braised short ribs are still on the menu at the restaurant on the menu it has been taken off. The service was great but the food was horrible. No flavor, I expected more. The salmon was bland, and I ordered a well done steak, that came out med-rare. I would have enjoyed salmon from Fridays instead. I thought everyone would have enjoyed themselves from my last experience instead everyone was disappointed. Worst experience ever.Special Features:
- The following 263 reviews are from the Blond Restaurant - Miller Place reviews archive.
- HondosoloHondosoloDined on 7/15/2014Very tasty! Calling all foodies! The chef is wonderful and has a great sense of humor. The wine list was well above average and even my kids enjoyed their meals. Blond was a hit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!RoRoDined on 7/3/2014Food was superb. Presentation was beautiful. Service and ambiance was perfect.Special Features:
- Blonde/NYC Ambaince/Miller PlaceellihuschVIPDined on 7/1/2014Impromptu Dinner Delight- Atmosphere/Ambiance mirrors a NYC Restaurant-Tables are Cozy-spaced accordingly- w/yet open spacious feel-Excellent Friendly Bar- Service was exceptional-Friendly/professional timely & thorough knowledge of menu & graciously substituted our personal dining choices- Atlantic Salmon was prepared to perfection eye appealing & presented-Delicious Cavatelli Bolognese -Mouth watering culinary delight..Seasonal Salads were large sized, crisp freshly prepared ending with Gelato w/seasonal berries- Great Dining Experience-Highly Recommend Reservation especially on weekendSpecial Features:
- ShellyDined on 6/21/2014As indicated earlier, Blond is a neighborhood gem. The service was excellent as was the food. The decor is beautiful. It was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!ILoveLocalDined on 6/21/2014It's cliche to say, but The food is a feast for the era as well as the palette. We had the gnocchi appetizer and shrimp with hummus appetizer, and the specials and regular menu items were fantastic! Plated beautifully and simply, not skimpy portions, delectable desserts (creme brule trio!!!!). Such a great dinner and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014I moved from Long Island two years ago, and one of the places I missed most was Blond. I had the opportunity to dine there again on a recent trip, and Blond was as good as ever. The menu is excellent, and the dinners came with soup, salad, and dessert, making Blond an even better value. The service is the best of any restaurant on Long Island.Special Features:
- Good but not up to rave reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014This is really not much more than a nice bar with restaurant - perhaps a notch above but not quite what up to what other reviewers raved about. The decor was nice but the noise level was a bit overwhelming with the dining room at near capacity and the wait staff stretched thin. My appetizer was excellent - grilled shrimp over hummus on pita triangles. The main course, herb crusted tilapia, was dry and overcooked though flavorful - perhpas it sat a bit too long waiting for the servers to pick it up from the kitchen. And frankly, the cheesecake just missed though the presentation was nice. Maybe this was just an off nightSpecial Features:
- PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Great waitress..the food was good. However Very very pricey for the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteFormerchimneyguyDined on 5/31/2014We have been going to blond for almost as long as they have been there. The staff and owners are wonderful people and the food is to die for. We love blond and will forever be a customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outcheffieatzDined on 5/23/2014We were two people interested in a place we could have good dining and still converse so we stated up front to staff that we wanted leisurely pace which they respected. Calamari appetizer was not overly breaded, tender, tangy sweet with mild asian seasoning. Grouper mounted on mushroom risotto was outstanding with nuances of truffle oil. It was a generous potion and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour?JeanvaljeanDined on 5/21/2014I had no idea they had a happy hour here; I usually go at night. The menu is right and the price is too. The service was great. I love coming here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent as always, never disappointed my entire family enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good PlaceRaffVIPDined on 5/10/2014I was very impressed service food and was very good.Special Features:
- Small but elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014We went on a Saturday night. It was very crowded, but since we were there before the crowd arrived, we put our order in early. It took quite a while to get our order, but the food was delicious and beautifully plated. Wine list impressive. Bottom line: small but elegent spot, great food, moderately priced.Special Features:
- fabulous dinnerfrequentdinerDined on 5/9/2014The food and service was exceptional. All 4 of us commented how good our meals were.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD/TOO LITTLEMIKEVIPDined on 5/3/2014THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD-BUT THE MEN AT OUR TABLE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE FISH PORTIONS. THE WOMEN WERE FINE, BUT THE PORTION SIZE WAS NOT ADEQUATE FOR THE MEN. WE DO LIKE THE RESTAURANT, BUT WE FEEL THAT WE WANT EVERYONE WE ARE WITH TO BE SATISFIED. WE EAT OUT OFTEN AND IT IS UNUSAL FOR PEOPLE TO COMPLAIN THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.Special Features:
- Never disappointing!BarbaraTVIPDined on 5/1/2014No matter when we dine here we always leave feeling like we have gotten our money's worth and had a wonderful meal to boot. If this restaurant were located in the Village of Port Jefferson, instead of in a strip mall in Miller Place, it would be jam packed all the time. You can't beat the price fix options nor the wine selection. The chef serves absolutely delicious food! It is one of our favorite LI restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelSandyDined on 4/27/2014This was my first dining experience at Blond's and I do not know if I would return. The food and service was outstanding but the NOISE LEVEL was over the top.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerLikeseastend73Dined on 4/14/2014The meal started with excellent appetizers. I had the pork belly, it was seriously great. The entree was a wonderfully grilled skirt steak with seriously tasty horseradish whipped potatoes and string beans. All delicious. We made room for dessert and enjoyed the entire meal. Make time and visit this great gem in Miller Place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blond - amazingJenaayny1Dined on 3/29/2014After all these years, Blond is still an amazing food experience. I had not visited in some time and was unsure it would still be as good as I recalled. The frisee salad was as great as I remember. My date and I split the oysters on half shell and the frisee salad. Our server divided up the salad for us on two plates without us asking. Our drinks were made very well and we received them at our table in a very reasonable time, especially for a busy Saturday night. My date and I both had the Mahi Mahi with spinach - very good, but the fish was just slightly overcooked. Their menu was substantial and had a great variety of dishes. The only negative I could really point out is that our bus boy was a little too eager; but can't wait to go back.Special Features: