Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
691 Route 25A
Miller Place, NY 11764Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://blondrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6318215969
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sam Nelovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Blond Restaurant is available for off-site catering for any occasion, from a simple back yard BBQ to a sophisticated Vineyard wedding. We can create a menu to fit your needs and wants.
- Private Party Facilities: We are available for private dinning. Our eclectic decor lends itself for any occasion, bridal showers,christening, communion, rehearsal dinner, birthday parties. We can create a menu to fit your needs and wants.
- Private Party Contact: Sam Nelovic 6318215969
- Entertainment: We offer live music every Thursday and Friday night for your dinning pleasure.
- Special Events: We offer live music every Thursday and Friday night for your dining pleasure.
A word from Blond Restaurant - Miller Place
Blond Restaurant is a contemporary American restaurant. Open seven nights a week for dinner only. Executive chef/owner Sam Nelovic offers a three course prix fix menu Sunday, and Tuesday through Thursday, or you could join us on Friday and Saturday nights for chef Sam's 5 course chefs tasting. On Monday night we offer "Free Wine Till Nine" Come and sample 8-10 different wines by the glass with the purchase of a entree (Parties of 5 or more limited to 2 bottles). Join us for happy hour every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5 - 7:30 and enjoy specialty drinks and appetizers. For your dining pleasure we offer live music every Thursday and Friday nights. Reservations are strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blond Restaurant - Miller Place reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (13)romantic (13)special occasion (12)good for groups (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great placeBGLDSDined on 10/18/2014Food and service , Excellent! We highly recommend this place, and we will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Place to be to be RomanticRaffVIPDined on 10/13/2014Its the 3rd time there, very nice people food was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always.JsgwVIPDined on 10/4/2014Everyone is friendly and attentive and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and servicekvh634Dined on 9/27/2014Nice find in a strip mall in Miller Place. Small menu but food was prepared well for the second time that we have been there. Service and knowledge of the service staff is definitely above the average restaurant. We had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating at BlondOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014This was I first time eating at Blond and definitely will return . The calamari was not overly coated and were very tender . Three of us had the Chilean Sea Bass over white beans,broccoli and garlic cream sauce ( which was not overly done).Our other dinner guest had the Almond crusted Mahi Mahi over spinach which he said was very good . Our server Michelle was pleasant and very attentive . The only negative, was we all thought our wines were a short pour.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Recently went to Blonde to celebrate my husband's birthday. Sunday thru Thursday they offer a deal that when you order an entree you get soup, salad and dessert. The food was delicious! The soup was a corn chowder that was excellent and had some heat. You were able to choose from one of three salads on the menu and didn't just get a standard salad for the deal. It too was excellent. I had the grilled shrimp with risotto and would definitely recommend it. My husband had the duck and found it a little salty. My son loved his organic chicken dish. The desserts were delicious but small, but after all that food we were hardly able to eat it anyway. We have always enjoyed Blonde and have never had a bad meal there. Be back for my bday shortly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoopmacDined on 8/30/2014Had a fabulous dinner with friends recently. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their appetizers, entrees, and wow, what terrific desserts. The service was very good, the food was outstanding, but we really enjoyed being able to converse and hear what others were saying. All of us decided this is our new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014You don't expect a good restaurant to be in a strip mall. This place will surprise you. Excellent service, meals were perfect, with the exception of desert, which was a fondue, not served hot enough. We sent it back, and they returned it the same way. We told them, but nothing was done. That was the 5th star. Very nice dining room, good atmosphere, easy to have a conversation. We will go back, but no fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014It is really a shame this restaurant is tucked away in a strip that does not do it justice. The staff is always friendly and the atmosphere fits into that cozy or romantic mood.Special Features:
- Great findkvh634Dined on 8/9/2014Limited menu but selections were well prepared. Wait staff was very attentive. Accommodated special requests for allergy considerations. Braised rib pasta dish highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Went here for a bachelorette dinner party. The place was nice and clean, the staff was really grid dly. Pricing was really good. The food was fantastic. Even the table bread was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good timehorri3leDined on 7/31/2014I came to Blond to take my Mother out for her Birthday it was a special occasion, I have eaten at this restaurant about two years ago and have been raving about it since. The first time I ate here I had 5 hr braised short ribs, was looking forward to it again, viewed the menu on the website prior to returning. Online braised short ribs are still on the menu at the restaurant on the menu it has been taken off. The service was great but the food was horrible. No flavor, I expected more. The salmon was bland, and I ordered a well done steak, that came out med-rare. I would have enjoyed salmon from Fridays instead. I thought everyone would have enjoyed themselves from my last experience instead everyone was disappointed. Worst experience ever.Special Features:
- HondosoloHondosoloDined on 7/15/2014Very tasty! Calling all foodies! The chef is wonderful and has a great sense of humor. The wine list was well above average and even my kids enjoyed their meals. Blond was a hit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!RoRoDined on 7/3/2014Food was superb. Presentation was beautiful. Service and ambiance was perfect.Special Features:
- Blonde/NYC Ambaince/Miller PlaceellihuschVIPDined on 7/1/2014Impromptu Dinner Delight- Atmosphere/Ambiance mirrors a NYC Restaurant-Tables are Cozy-spaced accordingly- w/yet open spacious feel-Excellent Friendly Bar- Service was exceptional-Friendly/professional timely & thorough knowledge of menu & graciously substituted our personal dining choices- Atlantic Salmon was prepared to perfection eye appealing & presented-Delicious Cavatelli Bolognese -Mouth watering culinary delight..Seasonal Salads were large sized, crisp freshly prepared ending with Gelato w/seasonal berries- Great Dining Experience-Highly Recommend Reservation especially on weekendSpecial Features:
- The following 260 reviews are from the Blond Restaurant - Miller Place reviews archive.
- ShellyDined on 6/21/2014As indicated earlier, Blond is a neighborhood gem. The service was excellent as was the food. The decor is beautiful. It was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!ILoveLocalDined on 6/21/2014It's cliche to say, but The food is a feast for the era as well as the palette. We had the gnocchi appetizer and shrimp with hummus appetizer, and the specials and regular menu items were fantastic! Plated beautifully and simply, not skimpy portions, delectable desserts (creme brule trio!!!!). Such a great dinner and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2014I moved from Long Island two years ago, and one of the places I missed most was Blond. I had the opportunity to dine there again on a recent trip, and Blond was as good as ever. The menu is excellent, and the dinners came with soup, salad, and dessert, making Blond an even better value. The service is the best of any restaurant on Long Island.Special Features:
- Good but not up to rave reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014This is really not much more than a nice bar with restaurant - perhaps a notch above but not quite what up to what other reviewers raved about. The decor was nice but the noise level was a bit overwhelming with the dining room at near capacity and the wait staff stretched thin. My appetizer was excellent - grilled shrimp over hummus on pita triangles. The main course, herb crusted tilapia, was dry and overcooked though flavorful - perhpas it sat a bit too long waiting for the servers to pick it up from the kitchen. And frankly, the cheesecake just missed though the presentation was nice. Maybe this was just an off nightSpecial Features:
- PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Great waitress..the food was good. However Very very pricey for the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteFormerchimneyguyDined on 5/31/2014We have been going to blond for almost as long as they have been there. The staff and owners are wonderful people and the food is to die for. We love blond and will forever be a customerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outcheffieatzDined on 5/23/2014We were two people interested in a place we could have good dining and still converse so we stated up front to staff that we wanted leisurely pace which they respected. Calamari appetizer was not overly breaded, tender, tangy sweet with mild asian seasoning. Grouper mounted on mushroom risotto was outstanding with nuances of truffle oil. It was a generous potion and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour?JeanvaljeanDined on 5/21/2014I had no idea they had a happy hour here; I usually go at night. The menu is right and the price is too. The service was great. I love coming here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Excellent as always, never disappointed my entire family enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good PlaceRaffVIPDined on 5/10/2014I was very impressed service food and was very good.Special Features:
- Small but elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2014We went on a Saturday night. It was very crowded, but since we were there before the crowd arrived, we put our order in early. It took quite a while to get our order, but the food was delicious and beautifully plated. Wine list impressive. Bottom line: small but elegent spot, great food, moderately priced.Special Features:
- fabulous dinnerfrequentdinerDined on 5/9/2014The food and service was exceptional. All 4 of us commented how good our meals were.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD/TOO LITTLEMIKEVIPDined on 5/3/2014THE FOOD WAS VERY GOOD-BUT THE MEN AT OUR TABLE COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE FISH PORTIONS. THE WOMEN WERE FINE, BUT THE PORTION SIZE WAS NOT ADEQUATE FOR THE MEN. WE DO LIKE THE RESTAURANT, BUT WE FEEL THAT WE WANT EVERYONE WE ARE WITH TO BE SATISFIED. WE EAT OUT OFTEN AND IT IS UNUSAL FOR PEOPLE TO COMPLAIN THAT THEY DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.Special Features:
- Never disappointing!BarbaraTVIPDined on 5/1/2014No matter when we dine here we always leave feeling like we have gotten our money's worth and had a wonderful meal to boot. If this restaurant were located in the Village of Port Jefferson, instead of in a strip mall in Miller Place, it would be jam packed all the time. You can't beat the price fix options nor the wine selection. The chef serves absolutely delicious food! It is one of our favorite LI restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelSandyDined on 4/27/2014This was my first dining experience at Blond's and I do not know if I would return. The food and service was outstanding but the NOISE LEVEL was over the top.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerLikeseastend73Dined on 4/14/2014The meal started with excellent appetizers. I had the pork belly, it was seriously great. The entree was a wonderfully grilled skirt steak with seriously tasty horseradish whipped potatoes and string beans. All delicious. We made room for dessert and enjoyed the entire meal. Make time and visit this great gem in Miller Place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blond - amazingJenaayny1Dined on 3/29/2014After all these years, Blond is still an amazing food experience. I had not visited in some time and was unsure it would still be as good as I recalled. The frisee salad was as great as I remember. My date and I split the oysters on half shell and the frisee salad. Our server divided up the salad for us on two plates without us asking. Our drinks were made very well and we received them at our table in a very reasonable time, especially for a busy Saturday night. My date and I both had the Mahi Mahi with spinach - very good, but the fish was just slightly overcooked. Their menu was substantial and had a great variety of dishes. The only negative I could really point out is that our bus boy was a little too eager; but can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Need more staffWaveslaveDined on 3/27/2014Good food and nice atmosphere. Was there on a Thursday in March and it seemed like they didn't think it would be busy so they sent a server home. Our waitress was overwhelmed. 20 min for drinks is a bit much. I would still go back because it is a great spot. Please don't let my review dissuade you. If you haven't been, GO.Special Features:
- EXCEPTIONAL FOOD!!foodieDined on 3/25/2014The chef is truly amazing, we asked for the chefs tasting menu and we were both pleasantly surprised. The presentation of the food was beautiful and I dine out at least once a month at upscale restaurants but can honestly say the food was hands down the best at Blond. the tuna tartar to the lamb chop to the other amazing creations, everything was cooked spot on. Bravo!!! The chef is amazing and everything was delicious, we will be back there for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatJHM1VIPDined on 3/22/2014Have been coming here since the restaurant opened. It is hard to hear across the table when the place is full. They definitely need sound buffers. Menu has recently changed somewhat with nice additional choices. The food though, was surprisingly not up to the standards that we have come to know from Blond and it took a very long time for our food to arrive. We are hoping this was just an overly crowded and 'off' nite for a routinely excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were great..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Food and service were great.. Drinks could use a little work, had to send one back and I hate to be that person! Tight space and tables are very close . I would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loudcpasailorDined on 2/22/2014The food and service was excellent but I couldn't get past the noise level. It sounded like an echo chamber. I suggest they invest in sound dampeners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again blonde does itJennyleighDined on 2/17/2014Me and my boyfriend went here for the second time and it was just as wonderful as the first. They make the best chicken florentine soup ever! I mean ever! Although it was not available this time( the soup of the day changes ) we had creamy tomato. The chef makes some killer soups and this one was amazing . The menu has a mix of chicken, beef, seafood and lamb. They have various specials during the week which is great to save money. The ambience is relaxed. Dimly lit and small dining area. The music is a an Afro- jazz/ lounge mix which creates a soothing evening with a slight pop. The food seriously though is amazing. This is a hidden gem and the chef picked the right field.hats off to him and the staff at blond. They have not failed us yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fiance and I tried outKRISANDJEFFDined on 2/15/2014My fiance and I tried out Blonde on Valentines day weekend Saturday. The service was very good as well as the look of the restaurant. It was a nice date night without that stuffy feeling, very relaxed and friendly. The bread was great as well as the cocktails and my dinner choice of veal. My only negatives would be the size of the menus compared to the table size. The menu was very large and heavy and heard to place on the table. Also the dessert we had of the trio of creme brulee while very good was cold. Overall we will reurn to the restaurant and would recomend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day SuccessFinkDined on 2/14/2014I booked this place for Valentine's Day a week in advance and it was absolutely worth it. My girlfriend and I were promptly seated, welcomed by a friendly waitress who helped us make our choices from drinks to dinner. The martinis were so great. We got the Mahi-Mahi and the Telapia (both of which made me and my girlfriend make uncomfortable noises to the people around us). We were too full for dessert but from what we saw looked delicious. The only negative thing I could say about this place was that the seating was pretty close to each other. We overheard a couples conversation next to us that made us laugh but also realize that they could probably hear everything that we said as well. Overall, fantastic place to impress your date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.