926 S Presa Street
San Antonio, TX 78210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foodisbliss.com/
- Phone: (210) 225-2547
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Back patio is open for full service when weather pemits.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Bliss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room- Seats 30 (50 w/ outdoor patio.)
- Private Party Contact: Daria Kossowska 2102252547x
- Special Events: The following authorization statement formally confirms scheduled reservation for a party of 8+ at Bliss Restaurant. It allows Bliss Restaurant to collect $45 fee for every person in the party in the event of a late cancellation (24 hours) or no-show without a prior notice. Yes Delete
A word from Bliss Restaurant
Bliss is consistently among San Antonio’s best restaurants in terms of quality, service and atmosphere. Bliss is located just blocks away from downtown San Antonio in the burgeoning Southtown area. Our mission is to express excellence in the most inclusive, genuine and hospitable way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bliss Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bliss Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (203)special occasion (175)romantic (132)neighborhood gem (112)notable wine list (105)great for outdoor dining (81)hot spot (68)good for groups (46)late-night find (16)great for brunch (8)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great First VisitRaeHiDined on 11/22/2014We were a group of four. Service was great. We tried a charcuterie board (server's choice), two small plates to share, and each got a different entree. Everything tasted delicious. Our favorites were the bone marrow and pork belly small plates, duck and sea scallop entrees, and the ossobuco special was incredible. Our only complaint (and it's a small one, relative to the outstanding menu and great service) was the size of the space. We were seated right in front of wine storage so there was lots of traffic by other servers grabbing bottles. We were also close to two other tables, and conscious of how much we could hear of their conversations. Overall, this was a great first trip, and won't be our last!Special Features:
- Apropo for a date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014This was a very nice spot for a special dinner! The service was very good, though I've already forgotten our waiter's name. We both had seafood, which was done very well as far as quality and flavor. They have a very nice wine list, and the dessert menu is also something worth leaving room for. A nice place overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingdhgolfVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great restaurant. Unique menu with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aptly named!DisappointedDined on 11/21/2014This restaurant exceeded all expectations. Went to celebrate my husband's birthday and had pre-ordered his dessert by email. We are vegetarians and the chef created a special vegetable/risotto dish just for us! It was truly delicious. The dessert I had ordered was exquisite and topped with a chocolate medallion that said "Happy Birthday" and had a candle for his birthday wish. Overall, the food was among the best we have ever had. That, however, was just a part of this restaurant. It had an extensive wine list and the atmosphere was intimate and romantic. All this was enhanced by the warmth, enthusiasm, and excellent care and service we had from the moment we stepped inside the restaurant. Our server was phenomenal and went out of her way to ensure our evening was perfect. It definitely was..this restaurant truly deserves its name..it is BLISS! We will never forget our evening there. Highly, highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite eatery in San AntonioKassandraMDined on 11/15/2014Bliss has the best tasting food in San Antonio. I recommend this restaurant for any and all occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlissjloorDined on 11/15/2014Excellent dining experience and creative menu. Oyster sliders are not to be missed. Fall squash salad was different and excellent. Monkfish was wonderful. The scallops were perfectly cooked-the mark of a fine restaurant. If you want to enjoy a special evening with great food in a casual atmosphere, this is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ace75Dined on 11/13/2014I booked Bliss for a group of 20 and they were able to accommodate us in style. Service was outstanding, the food was fantastic and service couldn't have been better. The dinner was for a group of clients who were all impressed. Several even thought I had called a party coordinator to find the place. Nope, it was just Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bliss rockssupershaneDined on 11/11/2014Excellent! Fresh, creative menu, nearly perfect execution, and impeccable service. By far the best restaurant in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Techies!HISTechDined on 11/11/2014I looked for a dinner location with a 'good vibe' for a small, but diverse group of senior level technical professionals from East and West Coasts who were attending an Engineering strategy session in San Antonio. I looked at serveral spots online and actually picked a few over Bliss in an attempt to book a reservation. I am extermely pleased that they were too all busy to host my small group. Bliss was fantasic. From our Server's unbelievably well rehersed description of the menu . . . to the obvious care and attention that Bliss has undertaken to ensure a premier dining experience. My team was absolutely delighted . . . AND, the food was amazing. This was absolutely one of the best dining experiences of my career. Thanks Bliss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KenHDined on 11/11/2014A great place to celebrate a special occasion! We are from Dallas, and Bliss was recommended to us by a former local. We were there mid-week for dinner celebrating our anniversary and the experience could not have been better. Food, service (by Rudy who was exceptional), and ambience were all top notch. We appreciated the adjacent off-street free parking, which is rare for Southtown restaurants. We were staying on the Riverwalk, and Bliss was just a short easy drive (under 5 minutes) from our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant BlissOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Wonderful dining experience and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnernokiddingDined on 11/7/2014First time I dined here was a year and a half ago and I was thrilled by the menu, execution and service. This time around it was just' meh' and now what I would regard as rather overpriced.Special Features:
- Really good foodradmanVIPDined on 11/6/2014Imaginative cooking, quality ingredients, well plated. DELICIOUSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and scrumptiousOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I went out on a local recommendation and had a blast. The food was other-worldly along with the flavor combinations. We did arrive a bit late and was warned that our table had to be vacated at a specific time due to another reservation by the hostess who seated us (not the best way to be greeted when trying to have a little fun on a night out). Other than that, every bite and everything else was magnificent. On the pricey side but it doesn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Bliss is excellent. I had a friend in town that hadn't been in San Antonio in many years and she was delighted that San Antonio now has foodie restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bliss lives up to it's namedisappointeddinerDined on 11/5/2014Our Tenderloin steak dinners were fabulous. Great and considerate service. A nice view of two iconic buildings. Also we enjoyed a nice Cabernet Savignon and Merlot.Special Features:
- Amazingly goodcwelllsDined on 11/5/2014I've been to Bliss twice now and both occasions were exceptional! The service, atmosphere and, of course, the food were top notch. Get the charcuterie, scallops, and pot de creme. You really can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMarklockVIPDined on 11/4/2014We were in town for a band competition in the Alamodome, and snuck away for dinner at Bliss! We are so glad we did, the meal was fantastic and the service impeccable. We thought we'd have more time, but we found out our son's band made it into finals and they were first up, so we had to speed up dinner. The staff paced the meal just right so we didn't feel rushed, but got everything in. Great food! (we had the charcuterie to start and the vegan plate and scallops for dinner).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect from beginning to end.FeffyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Perfect evening with great food and service. The overall experience was exceptional. My wife is a retired chef and has not stopped raving about the experience!Special Features:
- Wonderful patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Our first to Bliss was perfect. We sat outside on a cool evening on the beautiful patio. Table were far enough apart to feel that our conversation was private. Wait staff made great reccomendations and knew the menu very well (it changes daily). We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyJustJDined on 10/25/2014The food was fantastic! The service was slightly lacking, not as attentive as they should have been. Perhaps not enough wait staff for the amount of patrons in the the place. They all seemed a little over worked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in San AntonioMattVIPDined on 10/25/2014Tasting menu is outstanding. Our group had a wonderful evening and enjoyed each carefully crafted plate. Chef Bliss and his team have set a new standard for gastronomic indulgence in central/south Texas. If you don't dine here, you're missing out.Special Features:
- Consistently FantasticTexasJonDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I dine here seven or eight times a year. Bliss is consistently fantastic in regards to menu, quality and service. I can't think of a single item I've had that wasn't outstanding - this is easily one of the top restaurants in San Antonio, yet it isn't priced as such. While not cheap, I feel Bliss offers good value in terms of both amazingly creative and delicious cuisine and good portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionalluluDined on 10/23/2014Excellent attentive service...i tried just about everything on the menu..can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 10/22/2014Visiting from Amarillo. Three ladies in our party...one a local San Antonio friend. Bliss came highly recommended and now we know why. Our meal was excellent. We shared oyster sliders and the marrow bone. Oh, my! So delectable. Each of us had a salad..one beet and two arugula...beautiful and fresh. We enjoyed a good house dry red wine. The rich chocolate dessert was a perfect finish. The very best part was we were treated with such careful attention even though we were seniors with small appetites. I wish I could go back again right this minute. Thanks to all for a most pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceMissyLVIPDined on 10/21/2014Was completely amazed by every aspect of this restaurant. The food, service, ambience were all perfect. Probably the best meal I've had in about 3 years.Special Features:
- bjbjmechDined on 10/18/2014We had an amazing night at Bliss. Everything was amazing. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Incredible in every way!FoodieGirlVIPDined on 10/17/2014I loved everything ... From the oysters to the farm to table salad. The wine list was great. And the server was vey knowledge. The food has many layers of flavor. It felt like my mouth www dancing. And the desserts unreal. I travel extensively and fine dine often. This is rare find! Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladyaquamarineDined on 10/17/2014Love the place. Oyster sliders are to die for. Love the whole experience. Definitely will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly 'Blissful'!TweynandDined on 10/14/2014Our birthday celebration for our favorite girlfriend was wonderful, beginning with a new bottle of wine recommended by the 'bartender' as we arrived. We chose oysters and pork belly to start; they were so delicious! Each of the six of us ate a different entree, from fish to tenderloin and so on...we were in heaven! Our meal ended with a sampling of four desserts and they were fabulous!Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 10/14/2014My eating experience at Bliss was outstanding! The service was excellent, the food amazing. Our glasses were always full, the servers were corteous and very knowledgeable of the menu, food and trends. I highly recommend it to friends and to our groups at our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply superbRedhead2Dined on 10/11/2014Food, presentation and service were wonderful the second time around for me and my guests. The oysters fresh, the bronzino beautifully plated and filleted at table. Tried the pork and beans this time – an original and surprisingly good choice.Gorgeous desserts and a wonderful wine list.. Well worth the expense!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blissful!issyfoodieDined on 10/11/2014What a great spot. When our party of six arrived, we were advised that whoever had reserved the chef's table in the kitchen had cancelled and would we be interested and of course, we were. The service was impeccable and the food was fabulous. The show in in the kitchen was great. Couldn't have asked for anything better!Special Features:
- Best part of our tripRibcramVIPDined on 10/10/2014Terrific food and atmosphere and service! Our server Letty was amazing . She was very knowledgable about the menu and super attentive without being annoying. This place is a gem and definitely the highlight of our trip to San Antonio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vdcddsDined on 10/10/2014Great service. Excellent menu. See why it is one on the best places to eat in San AntonioSpecial Features:
- Truly blissful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014We ordered small plates and salads to get a variety, and everything was exquisite. The oyster sliders were an incredible mix of flavor and texture and perfection, and I will be trying to recreate the goat cheesecake for the next several months. Also, our server was friendly without being intrusive, helpful but not patronizing, and very knowledgeable and professional throughout. Loved the whole evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss out on Bliss!FineDineFineWineDined on 10/7/2014Service is impeccable! The watermelon salad was exquisite followed by a succulent Duck/Fois Gras entree. My guests had the signature Oyster sliders with a tasty beet salad and Bliss' take on the Caesar salad with the perfectly-prepared Red Snapper. Never disappointed and will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food and servicejemejoVIPDined on 10/4/2014great food and service without pretense - would go back anytime for a repeat performanceSpecial Features:
- A true gem in San Antoniopublisher73VIPDined on 10/4/2014Off the beaten tourist's path, away from the Riverwalk, is Bliss. The name fits. The whole experience is first class from start to finish. The eclectic menu is almost universally approachable and the flavor pops ... from the watermelon salad to the scallops and, of course, the oyster sliders. Highly recommended for anyone planning a visit.Special Features:
- dining experiencelaughDined on 10/3/2014Classy. Enjoyed my time there. Expected a little more quanity of food. Food was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.