926 S Presa Street
San Antonio, TX 78210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foodisbliss.com/
- Phone: 2102252547x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Back patio is open for full service when weather pemits.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Bliss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room- Seats 30 (50 w/ outdoor patio.)
- Private Party Contact: Daria Kossowska 2102252547x
- Special Events: The following authorization statement formally confirms scheduled reservation for a party of 8+ at Bliss Restaurant. It allows Bliss Restaurant to collect $45 fee for every person in the party in the event of a late cancellation (24 hours) or no-show without a prior notice. Yes Delete
A word from Bliss Restaurant
Bliss is consistently among San Antonio’s best restaurants in terms of quality, service and atmosphere. Bliss is located just blocks away from downtown San Antonio in the burgeoning Southtown area. Our mission is to express excellence in the most inclusive, genuine and hospitable way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bliss Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bliss Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (181)special occasion (170)romantic (125)neighborhood gem (103)notable wine list (96)great for outdoor dining (67)hot spot (57)good for groups (44)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Noise level was distractingLocalGuestDined on 9/27/2014Great food, but I would not recommend it for a romantic dinner for two, it was so noisy we really couldn't talk at our own table without raising our own voices in turn. The outdoor area was just as "boisterous" but at least the outside allows the noise to dissipate a bit.
- Terrific & engagingRedhead2Dined on 9/27/2014The food was extremely creative and beautiful presentation. It offered up a long list of excellent choices – really spectacular menu. And the mix of flavors was simply scrumptious. Spent two weeks in Paris this summer and this is the first meal I've had that reminded me of the passion and style of a Parisian restaurant – but was all its own and terrifically, distinctly nouvelle Texan. Hats off to these San Antonio chefs! The service was prompt and excellence and without flaws. The whole restaurant gave off a very eclectic and energizing atmosphere--former garage so it has a very funky and nouvelle vibe. Looked great outdoors – with fire pits and and more spacious in the layout of tables. So overall the restaurant was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMB1Dined on 9/26/2014I'm never disappointed at Bliss! As always, the food was superb, as was the service. I love duck and it was done to perfection. After ordering a glass of wine, I decided I did not care for it, and the waiter brought me another very good selection in the same price range. Of all the restaurants in this trendy area, Bliss is my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindseyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014First time eating at Bliss and I loved it. The Butterfish was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Birthday FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/23/2014We had our son's 27th birthday dinner at Bliss last weekend. We consider ourselves "foodies" who have access to a modest aged wine cellar. Bliss' policy for allowing us to bring our own wine (at a reasonable corkage fee) enabled us to enjoy a 20-year old Magnum of Amarone with our "over the top" meal! We had the Torchon of foie gras and the Roasted bone marrow / beef tenderloin tartare. I highly recommend both! The salads were very fresh. My wife had the “ P O R K & B E A N S ” which she loved. My son and I had the "D U C K / D U C K / F O I E G R A S" that literally melted in our mouth! The service was friendly and knowledgeable and was topped off with a chocolate cake and candle! Thanks Bliss for a memorable Birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDined on 9/20/2014Our first time at Bliss and we were very impressed with everything. Great wine list, our dinner was spectacular and dessert was delicious!! We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FantasticNeutronDined on 9/20/2014Bliss always gets it right - the food is top notch, service is second to noneSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerDianeDined on 9/20/2014I had four friends visiting from Houston and thought I would take them to someplace I knew they would enjoy and they loved Bliss!!! The service is outstanding. We weren't rushed and all the recommendations were delicious. I will say if you go and don't have the oyster sliders you will make a big mistake! Enjoy!!!Special Features:
- Amazing! !!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Dinner was excellent, dishes presentation are beautiful, the service was very good as well. I definite will recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is the starEpicurianDined on 9/19/2014After eating here I think that Bliss is distinct for its thoughful menu offerings and accessible high cuisine. A great experience. If I have any complaint it is over the space. The restaurant is small. The tables along the walls are very narrow and that means that if the wall is to your right you will constantly be bumping your right elbow on the wall. Not cool, I actually pulled the table away from the wall to prevent this. Otherwise I'd return. A big plus for a downtown restaurant is that parking is free!Special Features:
- So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014I have had the pleasure of going to Bliss twice this month. Once for a business dinner and once for my birthday. I chose it because I knew that everything would be perfect and it was. The service, the food, the setting were absolutely fantastic both times. They don't spend a lot of time on twitter or Facebook. I guess because they are too busy making everything awesome. Here's a tip, for a really fun date night, grab one of the outside tables as it gets cooler and enjoy an after dinner drink in one of their special blankets next to the fire.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousAmbreDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I started with the charcuterie on our waiters suggestion. We followed that with the oyster sliders, also on our waiters suggestion. My husband ordered the risotto and I had the duck breast. Needless to say, we did not leave any food on our plates. We ended the evening undecided. My husband had the chocolate torte and I had the Pecan pie. We took home the Keylime pie and the cheesecake because we couldn't make up our minds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous, special and funhappydiners4Dined on 9/11/2014We have dined at Bliss at least eight times, and each time has been a special experience. This last visit, we recommended it to our friends from Corpus Christi, and they were very impressed. My special favorite is the scallop entrée, and my friends ordered it as well. My husband prefers the lamb. We always bring home our leftovers, and enjoy them the next day. Service is always very special and this visit, our server, Terry, offered us a tour of the kitchen and the back room. Lovely evening, great food and wine!Special Features:
- BLISSfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Always excellent service and amazing food! One of my favorite restaurants in San Antonio! Amazing Front of the House staff and Back of the House staff. Beautiful restaurant and lovely patio!Special Features:
- Best TX dining experience to date!RepatExpatDined on 9/9/2014We moved back to the US a couple of years ago after living in Europe for several years, and were fortunate to have a friend recommend Bliss for our Anniversary dinner. In a word: Awesome! The food was great, especially the "tapas" or charcuterie/cheese selection. And though we normally eschew bread when dining out we couldn't get enough of the fresh and warm rustic/artisan bread served at our meal...fantastic! In addition to the great food, the ambiance was perfect. Not too loud...not too subdued. However, it was the impeccable service and attention that will keep us coming back. Our server Maricela was attentive without hovering; just perfect. Looking forward with great anticipation to a return visit despite the hour-long commute!Special Features:
- Bliss is perfection!foodiesnobDined on 9/6/2014The food was superb. Our server Bronson was knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive. This restaurant was quite a find. We chose this over several restaurants in the area because of its reputation. It exceeded all of our expectations. We will definitely be back. Its our new favorite restaurant. Word of advice-make reservations and request to sit inside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve & AmySteveDined on 9/4/2014Bliss always has an unusual and first class menu, along with a great selection of wines, from modestly priced to the more expensive. Every night, they mix up the small sharing plates, which we've taken to ordering several of with the excellent Barolo they serve. Or, you can load up on larger plates with fish or meat. The servers are pro's, the folks at the front are always friendly and they managed to turn an old, Spanish-style gas station into a hip and elegant experience. GO THERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellence in food and service.cavdocVIPDined on 9/3/2014First service for our party of 6 was attentive, added to the dinning experience and courteous. The quality of our food from appetizers, main course, and desserts was impeccable. I could not give Chef Bliss and his restaurant a higher recommendation. A full bar would be a good addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful location and serviceFoieHunterDined on 8/30/2014Great find nestled in King William with ample parking lot attached. Entire staff were knowledgable and friendly, it seems that everyone is happy to be working there. Lovely reclaimed vintage petrol station turned into an intimate dining spot. Menu changes daily and is well thought out and executed with attention to balance of flavours and textures, nice list of wines for pairing. Three starters and four main dishes were all perfectly prepared and presented, their Duck, Duck, Foie & Red Snapper with Shrimp Risotto were particularly notable. Desserts were not on par with the quality of the dinner menu, Watermelon Sorbet & Key Lime Pie were acceptable but didn't wow. I will happily return to try the rest of the menu and for the great service.Special Features:
- Expensive but interesting....DanielLVIPDined on 8/30/2014Look at the menu and then give it a try...... If the cost for dinner isn't an issue I think you will be happy with the experience!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceJazzerciseMomVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. A very enjoyable evening for us. Do try the watermelon soup!Special Features:
- Exceptional!VivMilesVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wait staff was "a cut above". All item where very good but there are not words to fairly describe the pork and bean, unbelievably good!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Took my girlfriend out for her birthday. We started with a charcuterie, which is always great. This time we tried the fried oyster sliders, and were absolutely amazed. She ordered the scallops and I ordered the duck for our main course, and were both impressed. We also had the pleasure of sitting next to Coach Popovich, which made our night that much better!Special Features:
- Exceeded my high expectations.destijlVIPDined on 8/28/2014Based on reviews, I recommended Bliss to a group of clients and partners while in town on business, and all I can say is WOW. We were in heaven. Every bite was better than the last. The freshest oysters, the most tender pork belly, the most richly and complexly flavored scallop dish- fantastic. Add to that some fantastic wines, perfect service (the kind that leaves you wanting for nothing but generally unaware that they're there), and exquisite ambiance and it was a perfect evening. We plan to return for a celebration dinner at the end of our project!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative Service, Great ChoicesdearktDined on 8/27/2014Bronson was our waiter. He was charming, well informed and has a great sense of timing and humor. I loved the oyster sliders and my husband equally enjoyed his beer tartare. We split the Vegan Platter (quinoa, farro, soba noodles and veggies) and had the panna cotta for dessert along w/ a couple of glasses of Cava. While a tiny bit loud, the overall ambiance is very attractive and our 1st visit there will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014Service and food were both excellent. Highly recommend the Oyster Sliders. Waiter was very attentive and friendly/helpful. The special dessert comp for our anniversary dinner was a surprise and both excellent and appreciated. We will go back soon.Special Features:
- A Difficult Review To WriteH2OWaterDined on 8/23/2014This is a difficult review to write. Yes, the food is very good. The proportions for Culinary Week we're pathetic. If you want to show case, for a return visit, this is not the way to do it. The air conditioning, sitting on the opposite side from it, is like an Artic blast for two-hours. Uncomfortable to say the least. The tables are a very weird rectangular design. Perhaps to ge the across the room seating in. Go if you wish. But, the check, for San Antonio, is out-of-place. Manhattan, yes. Here, no!Special Features:
- Excellent!JM34Dined on 8/23/2014Bliss was a wonderful surpirse to eat at for our anniversary. The wine pairing Prix menu was wonderful. Great perfect service, friendly helpful staff and a wonderful ambiance. Older building turned into a fun atmosphere. Its a fun hot spot that is a bit noisy which is great to make it not so stuffy to eat in. I had amazing rack of lamb with mouth watering appetizers and excellent portion sizes to enjoy the food. Will go there again!Special Features:
- Blissful!JBGBDined on 8/23/2014We tried Bliss during Culinariasa.org restaurant week. Why we haven't tried Bliss before is beyond me. It is our new favorite SA restaurant! Every comment in all of the other reviews about how great the food is hits the target. Not one complaint did we have. We will be back very soon. I definitely want to experience the chef's table. Monique was the best waitress and even gave us a tour. Bliss=blissful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The food was wonderfully presented however the flavor combinations didn't have the same impact. The food was good, simply the combinations of the spices and herbs detracted from each other. The flavor profile wasn't to our expectation. The watermelon soup could have been quite refreshing and instead the heat detracted from that opportunity. The scallops were cooked well. The service was good and I would have rated it higher if our server would have been more knowledgeable about the wine list.Special Features:
- Fit for foodieSAndyDined on 8/23/2014I enjoy a restaurant with complex dishes on the menu....ones I would never take the time to cook at home and would be unable to replicate. Bliss fit the bill. Awesome meal.Special Features:
- Excellent!RockyDined on 8/23/2014We chose Bliss for our Restaurant Week experience. Their menu sounded great and they didn't disappoint. We had scallops and lamb chops. Both were phenomenal. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014It was a great little dinner. Food is fantastic service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome repeat visitJCSuarezDined on 8/22/2014This was my third time there, and service/food was just excellent... Again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingdianagDined on 8/22/2014I loved the whole experience. The food was amazing and the wine was great. We tried the pork belly for an appetizer, it was delicious. The lamb was great and the cheesecake for dessert was so good. Definitely coming back here for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Great foodamandam106Dined on 8/22/2014Our first visit was to try out the Culinaria menu for Restaurant Week. Very impressed. Scallops and Snapper were delicious! Cant wait to go back to sit on the patio and try some more items from the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our Favorites2SAFoodiesVIPDined on 8/22/2014Bliss is a close second to our favorite "Silo." Bliss provides a warm inviting feeling with wonderful service and fantastic food. Well done for restaurant week!Special Features:
- Find from Restaurant WeekdhgolfVIPDined on 8/22/2014We tried the restaurant for Restaurant Week. What a great place! Great food, excellent presentation, excellent service. We will return.Special Features:
- DeelishErnSADined on 8/22/2014We had been planning a stop atBliss for some time. When I found out about Restaurant Week on Facebook I figured it was a perfect chance to try. My husband loves scallops and theirs were easily as good as any he'd had before. He was so happy to find good scallops in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FavoriteFatKidAtHeartDined on 8/20/2014Went to a couple restaurants for SA's restaurant week, this was by far the best. The pork belly, scallops, and cheesecake were by far the best. Don't know if it is on their normal menu, so sorry if its not. Wine was superb too. Knowing that I love wine and the difference between the colors red and white is about 90% of my wine knowledge. The staff was super friendly and willing to explain different bottles, and the one they recommended was superb. Only drawback (which is not a drawback) is it is pricey. Even for restaurant week I dropped over $150 for 2. So if you go, come with a fat wallet (but I should note it is worth it - I wish it was cheaper, but its worth it)Special Features: