525 E Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bliss525.com/index.html
- Phone: 5624957252
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 6:00pm; Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robbie Lucas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Bliss 525 is a romantically stylish, multi-level restaurant that is sure to delight, whether you are in the mood for an intimate dinner for two, a working lunch for 20, or a fully catered wedding and reception for 200. Enjoy an eclectic menu of California Cuisine, 2 full bars, and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Amber Chitty 8775056236
- Entertainment: Tuesday-Karaoke, 7:00P.M.-11:00P.M. Friday-Variety of different music, 8:00P.M.-11:00P.M. Jazz/Soul/R&B, 8:00P.M.-11:00P.M. Sunday Blues Sessions-Johnny Mastro & The Momma's Boys-2:30P.M.-7:00P.M.
- Special Events: Bliss 525 is the perfect place in Long Beach to host your VIP event in style. Our event specialists can help design a party package for up to 200 guests, with limitless ways to celebrate. Whatever the occasion, Bliss 525 can provide the perfect backdrop. Book our conference room for business meetings, our formal dining room for fundraising events, our sunny outdoor patio and rooftop deck for afternoon bridal showers, or reserve the entire property for your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception.
A word from Bliss 525
Bliss 525 is a romantically stylish, multi-level restaurant that is sure to delight, whether you are in the mood for an intimate dinner for two, a working lunch for 20, or a fully catered wedding and reception for 200. Enjoy an eclectic menu of California Cuisine, 2 full bars, and a vast selection of fine wines while listening to amazing live entertainment weekly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bliss 525 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Anniversary DateMike50000000Dined on 10/6/2013I took my wife of 6 years there and we loved the food and the people. Our waiter Derrick was especially kind and funny. I asked about a dish I was craving that wasn't on the menu and the Chefs were cool with it and offered to make it for me, I was kind of shocked. My wife loved everything too and was super happy I took her there. It was literally the best restaurant we've ever eaten at hands down or else I wouldn't have taken the time to write this review. Thanks Derrick, Ceaser, The Chefs, The Blues Band and everyone there for helping me so easily please my wife on our anniversary day.Special Features:
- Nice little findKalvarezDined on 9/27/2013First time visit for me and the family. Food server, Elaine, was extremely accommodating and efficient. Food was delicious. Especially enjoyed the Caribbean pasta and BBQ salmon. Sons had burgers which were very yummy. Had the place to ourselves and seems like this spot might be considered romantic, but as we were leaving there was a live band setting up in the bar area which means a lively scene more so than romantic. Also heard that there's a rooftop private party area and there's a nice little outdoor patio as well. All in all were pleased with our experience and will return again.Special Features:
- Nice place ate in the barCincinDined on 9/11/2013Nice place ate in the bar area and it was nice. Liked that on Wednesday they have endless pasta for $10, will be going back for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Air conditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013We were very exited about having dinner here due to the menu. It's a beautiful restaurant however once seated we could not stay due to no air conditioning. It was simply to hot in the restaurant to have a comfortable dinner. We tried looking at tables on the patio but it was right on the street and too noisy. We would try eating here again but not until winter so we can be a a comfortable climate.
- Great food, pleasant atmosphereLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 8/25/2013Bliss 525 has a great selection of entrees, sandwiches, and salads. Our dishes were very well-prepared and tasty. They have a handsomely-furnished inside dining room and a nice al fresco dining area out front along the sidewalk. Service was friendly and capable. Very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Service ExcellentTGDirectorDined on 8/10/2013Excellent Service Excellent food Great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food -- Band was loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2013I was traveling when I found this listing on OpenTable. Good find. The food was good and the wine list was solid. Unfortunately, the band started playing about ten minutes into the meal. Had I not ordered my food, I would have left. I can understand having live music at the bar; the band was good. The dining room is adjacent to the bar with just swinging doors to separate. The music was so loud I couldn't converse with my waiter. It ruined the experience. I don't think I would go back unless it was just to the bar. Again, the food was good. It was just too loud to enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- Random pick with mixed resultsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2013This pick was random (from an internet search) as we were from out of town. While the food was good and the service was great, there was also a Karaoke event that we didn't know about and it was loud and disruptive. We didn't expect that kind of conflict during a 6-8 pm dinner reservation. Otherwise an enjoyable experience. Another group was out on the patio and was an interesting addition to the evening. The restaurant is very accommodating to groups and that's a good thing!Special Features:
- MEHOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/14/2013Went for dinner. The front door was wide open so you can hear sirens & very load music from the bar. Ordered the calamari and spinach dip for apps. The spinach dip was very good. The calamari hardly had any fish in the breaded batter. For entrees ordered the BBQ Salmon. I asked the server b4 ordering if I could have my salmon medium rare. She said no problem. My wife ordered the hamburger - medium well. The kids ordered some pasta. Sal came out well done, the burger med rare. The server offered to take them back and took them off of the bill. The second time around was a charm. Both dishes were delish! The lasagna was very good. The Caribbean pasta was bland - no flavor. The Italian pasta was very flavorful. The pasta was very mushy.Special Features:
- Cool place to hang outalimarie85Dined on 5/12/2013Nice spot to hang out with friends and hear good music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day brunch was great!deniseBLESSEDDined on 5/12/2013Mother's day brunch was great! Very reasonable, bottomless mimosa/hibiscus and one meal selection for $25 :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is not brunchcupcakeDined on 5/12/2013I went there expecting a traditional brunch. I was disappointed. The brunch consists of choosing one entree and endless champagne for $25. Or you may select endless champagne for $10 and pay for your meal separately. I'm looking for variety when I go to brunch. You only get what you select as your entree. That isn't brunch. However, it is a very intimate spot that I may try again but not for brunch.Special Features:
- Perfect for Mother's Day Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/12/2013Wow, a parking lot where my Mom with her bad knees did not have to walk very far at all; excellent $25 brunch with unlimited bloody mary's (my group each had two, and in the part of L.A. where I'm from, it would have been $25 for just the drinks!); everyone enjoyed their eggs benedicts (salmon spinich and cajun crab) = thank you, Bliss 525, for making Mother's Day easy on us!!!!!! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Decent but needs identity overhaulStephVIPDined on 5/11/2013Broad, reasonably-priced menu, but couldn't really get the feel of what they were all about, esp. given the setting like you're in an empty mansion and there's a giant staircase smack dab in the middle of the dining floor. We tried the cream of broccoli soup, fish & chips, shrimp scampi, Caribbean pasta, and bbq salmon. Elaine was our server and did a lovely job handling our group. Oddly, the lights kept going off and on and the a/c kicked in at some point and it totally felt like the Arctic. They need to get these kinks worked out!Special Features:
- Very pleasant place in notOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/11/2013Very pleasant place in not so hot a location. Service crew very accomodating. Every one inour party of four thought the food was very good, much better than average. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem.nrsfriendDined on 5/9/2013This little spot is a bit tucked away but a real gem. They have a variety of live music, depending on the night of the week and the food is definately good and priced reasonably. This place is one of my favorites for an upscale casual dinner with entertainment. I prefer to eat in the bar where I can dance to the great music. My most recent meal was barbeque salmon with amazing fresh veggies and to die for mashed sweet potatoes. Could not ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013Had a great time at Bliss. Food came out hot and fast and was fantastic. My wife had the Caribbean Pasta and I had a burger. We both love it. They make their burgers with ground short rib meat and it was one of the best I have had in a long time. Music was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So ClosemissthillDined on 5/3/2013This place has a great vibe and several seating options. The menu has a decent selection and it appears that they offer several specials throughout the week. I loved everything about the place except the food was mediocre. Presentation and effort were great, but the dishes lack flavor and pizzazz. We tried four different items: crab cakes, onion rings, seared tuna salad, and grilled salmon. Unfortunately, I can't recommend any of these items...and flavor and this place would be perfect!
- A Delicious SurpriseSpmommabearDined on 5/2/2013A very friendly, comfortable and beautiful atmosphere. Impeccable service and excellent food. Head waitress Elaine was incredible with a fantastic personality. Loved the appetizers of Coconut Shrimp, Fried Calamari and Spinach Artichoke Dip. Celebrated a BDay which they made very special with personal touches & incredible Sundae to finish off a great dinner. From the Cajun Rib Eye Steak, Chicken Bruschetta, Salmon and Bliss Burger, all the food tasted amazing and was prepared to perfection. They have a burger u can build yourself which was awesome. We also enjoyed listening to the blues band in the bar. Definitely a great place to spend with friends or family for any event. Looking forward to having brunch there next. My new favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers were good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Would not go back for dinner however the appetizers were good. The ambiance was very nice - great decor however they had live, loud music in the bar area that was distracting throughout dinner. Brought clients here for a casual dinner that started off great with awesome appetizers but dinner was a fiasco. Two people ordered salmon and the salmon wasn't fully cooked, this was taken back to the kitchen and returned within two to five minutes after being microwaved. The server asked if everything was cooked now when she came back to the table and to keep room for dessert since it was on the house. Needless to say we didn't have dessert and had to speak to a manager to regarding entire experience.Special Features:
- Decent food but terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Decent food but terrible service. I think our waitress was inebriated...Special Features:
- Nice local spot. Fridays andtaewanVIPDined on 4/5/2013Nice local spot. Fridays and Saturdays, enjoy a live band in the bar area while you eat or choose the noise free dining area. Food is a 5star quality.Special Features:
- Good food...TOO LOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Too loud. I understand it was a party in the next room but the high volume was inconsiderate. The food was good I give them that but it was way too loud I could barely hear what my boyfriend was saying and he was right next to me.Special Features:
- The Carribean Pasta is delicious.AVerayBDined on 3/2/2013The Carribean Pasta is delicious. My leftovers tasted even better the next day. I have been to Bliss 525 a couple of times. It is really quiet during the lunch hour. I like the food and atmosphere. I will continue to patronize the restaurant.Special Features:
- A reliable neighborhood restaurant.SpikeVIPDined on 2/28/2013A reliable neighborhood restaurant. Live music the night we visitedSpecial Features:
- Food was good but a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/28/2013Food was good but a little pricey. Service was a little slow and I had to keep asking for refills of my water. Very large dinning rooms and would be great for large parties (wedding receptions etc.)Special Features:
- When I made my recervationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013When I made my recervation for V-day I asked if we substitute the Champaign included with the meal and they never took time to read it and NO alternative offer but still charge the full price.
- The prime rib was below satisfactorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The prime rib was below satisfactory and I didn't get a rosé on Valentines daySpecial Features:
- We had a great dinner at BlissOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013We had a great dinner at Bliss 525. This was our first time there and we will definitely be back. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Excellent valentine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Excellent valentine dinner and staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- Romantic and vibrant ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We went for dinner. You can book reservations online, which is great. We were given the option of sitting in a quiet section or in the bar area where a band starts playing at 9pm so we chose the bar. Nice wine selection. All the appetizers we tried were delicious and the staff is very courteous and helpful with selections. This place has a romantic ambiance with the dim lighting and white strings of lights, yet vibrant and fun when the band atarts up. It is good for a small group or date night. I will be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We loved our experience here and the food and service were both outstanding!Special Features:
- Service was fast and everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Service was fast and everyone was friendly! Good tasty drinks ;)Special Features:
- the food was good, but thenothappy1Dined on 1/4/2013the food was good, but the service super slow, I even told them it was very close I stand up & leave, I had to wait sharp 20 min. to bring bread & butter on table, than another 25 min. to bring my order, remember I was alone, just one order. It was very quiet, it was me, another two table each one person, & two servers, dinning table was empty I sit in the bar area when two more customers sitting there too & waiting like me for long time. One server just walking & acting she is busy, when doing nothing, another server keep walking in & out when all of us waiting for our order.
- Truly enjoyed our prix fixOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Truly enjoyed our prix fix Christmas dinner at Bliss 525. Great service by Elaine. Food was delicious - we both had prime rib. Decor and ambiance was pleasant and comfortable.Special Features:
- I took my family here forhawthoraDined on 12/24/2012I took my family here for Christmas dinner last second. The place had a great ambiance and friendly service. I know if I had to work on Christmas I'd be upset, but the service was incredible. They really helped my family enjoy a time together. It's difficult to get the family together when traveling, but Bliss helped us find a way. Not to mention the food was really good. I enjoyed the restaurant and definitely plan on going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a recommended place forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/15/2012Not a recommended place for steak or ribeye. Had a group of 6 people that ordered steak. 4 was overcooked and not anywhere close to how we wanted it to be cooked. Two had to be returned to the kitchen to be replaced. What made up for the poor food and service was the the ambiance. Great decoration around the restaurant that gave us beautiful christmas pictures during December.Special Features:
- Waitress was terrific! HowevernickDined on 12/11/2012Waitress was terrific! However the food was mediocre.Special Features:
- The restaurant made it a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2012The restaurant made it a very enjoyable night to celebrate my husband's birthday!Special Features:
- where do I begin??? SinceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2012where do I begin??? Since I previewed the restaurant on website, it "looked" good in the photos. On arrival it began to go downhill. First of all it was nothing like the pics. The view was of the parking lot of the "Motel in long beach". Yea, really classy. Its not like they could not put up a vine covered trellis to hide the view, not to mention the busy street traffic! We chose the patio that was covered with dust and leaves, the server did not attempt to clean the table or chairs so I wiped it with kleenex. The meal took 5o mins to arrive!It took 12-15 mins to bring us the check and another 10 mins until we took it up to the front to pay for it- ran out of patience- sorry! Needless to say I wont be back!!!Special Features: