Blind Faith Cafe
Evanston, IL 60201Neighborhood:
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
Blind Faith Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blindfaithcafe.com/
- Phone: 847-328-6875x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Can Help You Create the Perfect Menu for any Occasion. Blind Faith catering delivers innovative vegetarian cuisine to homes and businesses. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner party or a wedding for hundreds, we can meet all your catering needs. Our creative staff will tailor a unique event to your individual tastes. We can offer recommendations and help you arrange everything from linen to location. Let us cater your next party or prepare dinner tonight.
- Private Party Facilities: Offering a warm and welcoming atmosphere, Blind Faith Cafe has three venues to make your party an unforgettable event. Whether you are planning a luncheon or dinner, our experienced and creative team will help you design the perfect menu for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Lipschutz 8473286875x
- Special Events: Our Dinning Rooms are Available for Parties and Corporate Events. We can accommodate groups of 12-40 guests. Whether you are planning a breakfast meeting, lunch with friends or a special evening, we can meet all your needs. Our experienced and creative team will help you design the perfect menu for any occasion.
A word from Blind Faith Cafe
Offering globally inspired seasonal menus, Blind Faith is a certified green restaurant transforming the way people enjoy vegetarian cuisine. Just twenty-five minutes from the Loop and only blocks from Northwestern's Evanston campus, our dinning room offers a casual warmth perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blind Faith Cafe - Best Restaurants in Evanston ›
Blind Faith Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (22)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (11)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great For Non-Vegetarians!picpacVIPDined on 10/12/2014Went with a party of 5, none of whom were vegetarians, and everyone enjoyed their meals. The cream of spinach soup of the day was delish! Had vegetarian enchiladas -- yum! Fellow diners had the enchiladas, the smoked gouda grinder, quiche, brie and apple panini -- all were great! Had Kamoosh as an appetizer -- perfect to share and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian & Vegan DelightMotherOfOneDined on 10/9/2014Well prepared, lots of options for both vegetarian & vegans. Prices are a little high ($6.50 for sweet potatoe fries?) but all food is prepared to order & nicely plated. Three for lunch, no alcohol nor dessert nor appetizers was almost $60 plus tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertVIPDined on 10/7/2014I'm not a vegetarian, however the food was excellent tasting and I was able to adhere to my no or extremely low sodium regimen. The staff was very accomodating in helping me in that regard. So even if you aren't a vegitarian, you should try this place.
- Very nice for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014We went here for breakfast with a group of 7, including three children and one vegan, and we were each able to find something to our liking. The food is very good, but you should note that it is all vegetarian / vegan focused. I did not see any meat on the menu at all. Which wasn't a problem, but you might want to know that in case you like bacon with your breakfast, etc. What really set this restaurant apart was the outstanding and friendly service. At one point my wife dropped her spoon on the ground, and the server noticed from a distance, waited for her to pick it up to see which utensil it was, and promptly brought another one without us even asking. High attention to detail always leads to great service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- MakakiloVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was wonderful as usual and our server Ashley was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our server Antonio was great and the food was wonderful as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Commitment to quality continuesFoodGuruGuyDined on 8/23/2014Always fun to be assured that a restaurant is deeply committed to selecting food content with your health in mind. Surrounding tables had three generations of diners. Attentive service, great choices, quality content throughout. (Decor is just a bit "Greek diner" like, but comfortable.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityPlbgcoDined on 8/17/2014My faith in this Resturant has never let me down! Great food served by a knowledgeable and friendly staff at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food for your body!sushiloverDined on 8/17/2014A little pricey but the food is so fresh and different that it is worth it. The service is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful food as usual and our server Cesar was great! Brought our nephew who is strictly a carnivore and he even enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- GingeramaDined on 8/16/2014It is rare to find a restaurant with low noise levels AND wonderful food these days. It was the perfect spot for a leisurely dinner with old friends. We all found the entrees delicious and the chocolate desserts were decadent. Our server was pleasantly quirky, attentive but not overly so. I would definitely return when visiting the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakakiloVIPDined on 8/13/2014Wonderful food as usual and our server Antonio was great!Special Features:
- We Love This Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014Great food, a really nice wine list and attentive service. The dinning room is quiet and comfortable, and they have a terrific bakery that includes vegan and gluten-free options. We've been coming here for over twenty years and the food just gets better and better.Special Features:
- It's gone downhill.Foodie1981Dined on 7/20/2014I used to love this restaurant 10 years ago. This time the food was bland and served cold. It was not busy for Sunday brunch so I'm guessing people are thinking the same way I am. I won't go back.Special Features:
- MakakiloVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food was wonderful as usual and our server Antonio was great!Special Features:
- Always good!LynneCDined on 7/3/2014The food at Blind Faith is always good. The menu changes with the seasons so last time's favorite might be there this time, but that is good because then you have to try something else. I always find something I like on the menu and the appetizers are always excellent. If you are too full for dessert there is a bakery next door so you can take something home for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happiness in a Bibim Bop BowlHappyCamperDined on 6/28/2014It has been a few years since I been back to Blind Faith Café. I live in the North Suburbs and don't get by Evanston way very often. My significant other specifically requested Blind Faith as his birthday present. We were not disappointed in the menu and the always great service we get every time we dine there. I am glad they are a part of OpenTable. They will get the recognition they truly deserve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeSpikelawVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was our first time at the BFC. Wow! We asked our server what to get and she made some great choices. I will go back again soon just for the tofu with the Kung pow sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 310 reviews are from the Blind Faith Cafe reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and service. I'm not a vegetarian but could become easily become one going to restaurant. Their food is simply delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vegan FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Even if you aren't vegan it is worth a try. My family, which includes 4 young children, will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Food is yummy, creative menu, excellent service, little bit pricey but fair price for the quality and taste. I am an out-of towner but a repeat customer when in Evanston. (Brought all the family that came for son's graduation and everyone really enjoyed the brunch.) Thanks!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014This was the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. The food was delicious and the waitress was a doll!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were well taken care ofFancyDined on 6/13/2014I took someone here for their birthday, and included a special instruction with my OpenTable reservation. I wrote that I'd like them to bring a dessert with a lit candle at the appropriate time. Our waiter, without me having to say anything once we were at the restaurant, brought it over at the right time. The table reserved for us was a prime booth, and the food was really good (as always!). Everyone was very friendly. I felt really well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to healthy eatingDonmarscarDined on 6/10/2014First experience with seitan and other vegeterian fare.,our waitress was so helpful and answered all of our questions and recommended several different dishes explaining them all. There were 4 people in my party, we all had a different dish, and were all pleasantly surprised. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Accommodated our kids beautifullySusanDined on 6/1/2014We had an extended family brunch that included a 3 year old and a 1 year old. They provided a side room, a great kids menu and served all cheerfully and well. I'd be delighted to go back again. As to food - try the spinach and feta cheese omelet. It got rave reviews from our party.Special Features:
- Can't Beat for VegetarianScotladdieDined on 5/22/2014Have been coming here for more than 10 years. Outstanding vegetarian menu.Special Features:
- A Must Go Favorite!LindseyfoodsDined on 5/11/2014One of my entire family's favorite restaurants for great food, drink and dessert! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!Duck97Dined on 5/11/2014I took my son with me for a Mother's Day dinner after soccer. I did not tell him the restaurant was vegetarian. He loved it! It was nice to have a children's menu, and he loved the grilled cheese and fresh apple cider. I loved my Thai peanut noodles. I had a hard time deciding between wine and a cocktail, but decided to splurge on a cucumber cocktail. I was not disappointed. We both thought the chocolate pudding was the perfect end to our dinner together. Our server was very attentive too. I'd love to come back with the whole family, or just for a date with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian and you wouldn't know itIndustryVetVIPDined on 5/11/2014Best Vegetarian in town. It is my wife's favorite place--she chose it for Mother's day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch on Mother's DayLindythaliaDined on 5/11/2014My family booked a table for ten at Blind Faith on Mother's Day. Although it was disappointing to wait for our table when we arrived on time, the staff quickly got us settled at some high tops in the bakery area, and our table was ready within about ten minutes. Our server was especially helpful in working with our kids (3 and 6). She went out of her way to accommodate their request to have some whipped cream on their pancakes (not a regular option). They also replaced my mother in law's too spicy entree with a tamer one, for free. We had a number of folks with special dietary needs, but there were options for everyone, and all of them were delicious. Thanks for a great brunch with great service!Special Features:
- Always SatisfiedYogamom88VIPDined on 4/26/2014Blind Faith's food and service is always consistent. Tasty and great service. Friendly , knowledgable staff.Special Features:
- Terrible ServieProudVeggieDined on 4/24/2014Even though it is hard to find vegetarian restaurants I would easily skip this one. The food was so-so and the service was a disaster. The waitress couldn't have cared less. We had to ask for everything twice and she acted like she was doing us a favor by waiting on us. She never checked back to see if we liked our food. The food was basic and not in any way gourmet. The selection was fairly limited. The portions were a nice size but the quality just wasn't what I expected.
- veggie heavenlibbievegDined on 4/20/2014While years ago this was more of a hippie home, now it's a great restaurant that just happens to be vegetarian. Every dish is impeccable and delightful.Special Features:
- First time outdkforfoodDined on 4/19/2014Very welcoming and knowledgeable staff. Great variety on menu. Beautiful presentation and more than adequate portions. Make sure to try appetizers. Stuffed avocado was outstanding. All these comments from 2 non vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedWandererVIPDined on 4/18/2014After reading some of the negative reviews posted on line at various dining internet sites I questioned my reservation decision - but given my daughter's pension for high quality vegetarian went ahead. Glad we dined at Blind Faith. The food, cost, ambiance and service were all very nice and exceeded expectations. Judging from the number of locals dining around us I would believe our experience was the norm. Blind Faith offers relaxed/comfortable dining and a tasty array of menu options that I believe both confirmed vegetarians and those who simply enjoy good food will be pleased to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Great food, good wines, and comfortable surroundings complimented by a friendly well trained staff and some of the best pastry and desserts we've ever had. What more could you ask for? We'll be back!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerUsamurrayDined on 4/12/2014We took our daughter and two friends out to dinner since our daughter is a vegetarian. We all loved everything. She was so happy to have so many options to choose from. It was her birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evanston LandmarkLaurenVIPDined on 4/9/2014I grew up in Evanston and remember when they opened. We called it the 'hippie' place! Now that I'm a vegan, I looked forward to going back. I ordered the miso soup and lentil salad (without cheese). The server poured the hot soup in the bowl at the table, which was a nice touch. The flavor of the soup was really good. There were way too many chopped green onions for the small bowl and I ended up fishing out a full tablespoon of them, with several left behind. The lentil salad also had a good flavor, but there was some grittiness to it, which makes me think they didn't rinse the lentils? It wasn't a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Good Food in a Great LocationSeanDined on 4/5/2014We enjoyed the kung pao dish (spicy and flavorful) but didn't much care for the marsala (very chewy). The wine selection is modest but we loved the our glasses of the Malbec and Vinhos Verdes. The flour-less chocolate cake was great, and the house coffee was good too. Will go back because we can walk there easily, and the variety of options on their menu gives us a lot to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family celebrationNorthwesternMomDined on 4/5/2014The Blind Faith Cafe was an excellent choice for our family celebration dinner. Several of our group are vegetarian but everyone liked the food. The specials of the evening, like sweet potato crostini, were beautifully served and very tasty. We were seated in a side room so our group had space. The service was attentive but not intrusive. We have eaten there before over the years and will return I am sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.