Blind Faith Cafe
Evanston, IL 60201Neighborhood:
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
Blind Faith Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blindfaithcafe.com/
- Phone: 847-328-6875x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Can Help You Create the Perfect Menu for any Occasion. Blind Faith catering delivers innovative vegetarian cuisine to homes and businesses. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner party or a wedding for hundreds, we can meet all your catering needs. Our creative staff will tailor a unique event to your individual tastes. We can offer recommendations and help you arrange everything from linen to location. Let us cater your next party or prepare dinner tonight.
- Private Party Facilities: Offering a warm and welcoming atmosphere, Blind Faith Cafe has three venues to make your party an unforgettable event. Whether you are planning a luncheon or dinner, our experienced and creative team will help you design the perfect menu for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Lipschutz 8473286875x
- Special Events: Our Dinning Rooms are Available for Parties and Corporate Events. We can accommodate groups of 12-40 guests. Whether you are planning a breakfast meeting, lunch with friends or a special evening, we can meet all your needs. Our experienced and creative team will help you design the perfect menu for any occasion.
A word from Blind Faith Cafe
Offering globally inspired seasonal menus, Blind Faith is a certified green restaurant transforming the way people enjoy vegetarian cuisine. Just twenty-five minutes from the Loop and only blocks from Northwestern's Evanston campus, our dinning room offers a casual warmth perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blind Faith Cafe - Best Restaurants in Evanston ›
Blind Faith Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (22)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (11)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- You can hear yourself talkLolobridgesDined on 7/12/2013If you're looking for a great place to try some unusual and interesting dishes even if you're not vegetarian, this pleasant atmosphere is also conducive to mealtime conversation. Parking is really easy too. Recommend if you're looking for novelty & excellent, healthy fare, served very attractively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Veggie Options!!MissVeggieAddictDined on 7/11/2013My sister and I were going to a show at S.P.A.C.E, which is right around the corner. My sister is vegetarian and when I found this I thought it would be a great option. It exceeded my expectations in terms of the variety and the uniqueness of the dishes. Everything we had was great! The theater was in walking distance so we only had to park once. We will come here again if we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Vegetarians rejoice!aVisitorDined on 6/25/2013I had heard of the Blind Faith Cafe years ago but finally went there for a family get-together. Four adults and four kids had an absolutely wonderful meal; we inhaled three appetizers (kamoosh which is basically like black bean nachos; guacamole; and the sampler of spinach/lentil, "gar-dain", and hummus) and each had a wonderful entree. Several of us could not finish the gigantic portions and happily took home leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggie ParadisepicpacVIPDined on 6/23/2013Love this place! I'm vegetarian and this is the only restaurant where I can eat everything on the menu. I have my favorites for brunch -- usually the chilaquiles (old style of course!) but today I went with the Aztec Hash (tortilla chips fried with seitan, mushrooms, peppers and chipotle sauce with eggs on top) which was good but had a kick! I ordered the eggs basted and they arrived poached but I ate them because they were poached perfectly (I don't usually order poached because they are not done right). Huge serving! Hubby had the Huevos Rancheros which he loves! (Gee, I'm in a parenthetical mood today!) The iced tea with passion fruit shot was delicious as always. No room for baked goods but they have great scones and sweets too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/22/2013Several recent visits have confirmed two things: 1.) The menu items and food preparation remain outstanding, and 2.) The level and quality of service has been on a steady decline to the point of embodying the definition of rude. This is especially true if you happen to be finishing your meal in the vicinity of (i.e. within 30 minutes prior to) closing time. The glares from the staff start at 30 minutes prior to closing, and by the time you are ready to settle your bill (with 4 minutes to spare before the moment of magic), you can find your server in the bakery checking emails and otherwise showing no interest whatsoever. Given the number of times this has happened, evidently it passes as an acceptable level of service in Evanston.Special Features:
- Very personable, good foodMom24Dined on 6/21/2013Very personable, good food and service even when there's a wait!Special Features:
- Blind faith experienceLittieDined on 6/16/2013The menu offers a delicious variety of brunch items in a pleasant, comfortable setting. We dine there often and even had my daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner there. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Blind Faith is a fixture onKAtLadyVIPDined on 6/16/2013Blind Faith is a fixture on the vegetarian /healthy food scene. We went for brunch on Father's Day with a group that included both vegetarians and meat-eaters. The menu was varied, included lunch items, and had something for everyone, although some of us were sad that their pancake griddle was broken. Good food, simple unpretentious atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, lovely atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2013VERY vegan and vegetarian friendly. Staff was nice and made a lot of suggestions. Good size portions. Our table was very sticky and when we asked about it they said that several of the tables were like that and they were going to have them all refinished in a week or so...a bit odd. Other than that, it was freezing inside - the ac was on high. Two rather small complaints but our family still gives it a 5 star rating because the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian Experiencechisox13Dined on 6/4/2013If you like Vegetarian this is the place, now in Evanston for 30+ years. I as well as dining companion are not Vegan, but still found items to enjoy.. Service was personable and helpful--(Courtney)The Tofu Blackbean dish was quite tasty, and some unique craft beer choices. Bakery on site so lots of dessert options--we had Fruit CobblerSpecial Features:
- My favorite place in EvanstonCD12Dined on 5/12/2013I love Blind Faith Cafe. All of the dishes I've had were fantastic and very high quality. I also like the desserts - delicious but not too sweet! There is something for everyone -- even the non-vegetarian members of the family. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been going to Blind FaithnaluVIPDined on 5/12/2013Have been going to Blind Faith for 30+ years and love the ambiance & food. There is nothing like this place for vegetarians and those who want something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for VegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013While vegetarian options are becoming increasingly available at most restaurants, there are few non-ethnic places you get only vegetarian/vegan options. Also, the mix of Asian, Mexican, American dishes makes Blind Faith a unique restaurant. While we did not get to try any deserts, they looked very yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try something newOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013Good for vegans as well as people that like to try new things.Special Features:
- Delicious healthy food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Love it here! It's amazing that it's vegetarian but the food is allso good. We brought my husband here and didn't tell him. When he saw the menu he was a little worried, but absolutely loved his meal. I love that I can bring home dessert and muffins , which are excellent. Prices are all reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day treatJesseDDined on 5/12/2013This is just a terrific place to eat. 2 of the 4 of us in our family are vegetarians, and we all walked away happy. We showed up an hour and a half early. On Mother's Day. Who does that? They were lovely about it. Seated us at the earliest possible convenience, service was fast and friendly, food was fresh, overall an outstanding experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day brunchJanPDined on 5/12/2013The reservation we made with Open Table allowed us to be seated immediately on a busy Mother's Day afternoon. Service in the restaurant was great and as usual, the food was delicious. It was a Mother's Day brunch but there were choices that are our favorites at dinner so the menu was varied from breakfast items to entrees. The only problem we had was after eating, we stopped at the bakery to take home some dessert and the clerk was very inept -- first, charging us for something we didn't buy; then, not knowing how to reverse the charge. It took 15 minutes and three people to complete our transaction for two bakery treats. On a busy day, someone who is efficient should be put behind the bakery counter.Special Features:
- Dining is a habit!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Do you want a good one , or a poor one! Blind Faith has healthy nutrition, presented in a creative way. They have accomplished appeal, color, taste and balance. Service has always been about the client, not them. What is missing is what should not be there. Price point? Is there one, when you get what you want! I want a good habit and have been a client for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the coffee was bitterstevenrphVIPDined on 5/12/2013I thought the coffee was bitter and not high quality tasting. The breakfast was 1/3 more than I have paid for more food and better tasting. Nothing special especially fit the price.
- graduation celebrationgradmomDined on 5/10/2013My oldest daughter is vegan, and graduated college May 10, so I was looking for a vegan restaurant to have a nice dinner with all our family after her graduation ceremony. I remembered Blind Faith Cafe, because I used to live in Evanston. The evening was wonderful. The food was so good that all the folks - vegan and non-vegan - raved, and the service was exceptional. The atmosphere was perfect; comfortable but with an elegance that made it appropriate for a special occasion. We were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Falls shortgreenthumbVIPDined on 5/10/2013We will not be back here because we had a very disappointing meal. I don't understand why Blind Faith has the reputation for being a premier Chicagoland veggie restaurant. My meal consisted of soggy buckwheat noodles with a sprinkling of vegetables. The pear salad was dressed with too much raspberry dressing and was a also a soggy mess. My son's kung pao was marginally better. Guacamole was really tasty with a strong hint of citrus which we enjoyed. Thank heavens for the alcoholic drinks-
- It may get you to give up MeatwoodyVIPDined on 5/10/2013This was our first visit. The service was excellent. Small but interesting wine list. Ample portions and everything we had tasted delicious. This place may get me to give up meat........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food! The menu isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/24/2013Fabulous food! The menu is extensive with lots of Gluten Free, or Vegan items. The Chocolate Peanut butter cake is not to be passed up!!Special Features:
- I have always enjoyed theEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 4/13/2013I have always enjoyed the Kamoosh appetizer at Blind Faith. It is extremely good. It is certainly enough to eat as an entree. This was my wife's first visit to Blind Faith and she enjoyed it very much. She had Chiles Relenos and said it was wonderful. Dessert, a mixture of chocolate mousse and lemon ... that was a little disappointing, but our overall experience was very good.
- Deliciously fresh food. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Deliciously fresh food. Had options for vegetarians, GF, and regular American fare. Something for everyone. Our waiter went the extra mile to try to help accommodate multiple allergies. Wonderful!Special Features:
- We've loved Blind Faith forTrinkaVIPDined on 4/6/2013We've loved Blind Faith for 20 years! Great vegetarian food, and the vegan cupcakes are the best cupcakes ever--vegetarian or not!Special Features:
- Delicious food! I had theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/3/2013Delicious food! I had the Lentil Salad and it exceeded my expectations!!! Will be back to order it again! The other meals ordered by my family were equally as delicious! Great service. Reasonable prices, especially for quality food. All vegetarian, organic and many gluten free selections.Special Features:
- We went their for birthdayLilyTheValleyVIPDined on 4/2/2013We went their for birthday celebration, and we had a wonderful time thanks to the owner's hospitality. They explained all the questions very throughly, and the food was just so excellent. I tried gardein for the first time, and I have to admit I did not become a big fan of it. I much prefer the texture of firm tofu to it. However, the way they fixed each dish was very good. For the birthday celebration, they gave us free dessert in addition to what we ordered! It was very nice! We would love to go back there again soon.
- Awesome Experience at Blind FaithDebbybDined on 3/28/2013I am not vegetarian however my son is. Was a little worried if I'd find something my hubby and I would like and was pleasantly surprised. the food was outstanding and we will certainly head over to Blind Faith again in the future.Special Features:
- Amazing choices for vegetarians!CD32Dined on 3/24/2013Thank you from three vegetarian diners, and my husband also enjoyed his meal!Special Features:
- Excellent, healthy, well-preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Excellent, healthy, well-prepared food, and fantastic service. The owner was very friendly, and offered us a "sample" (full-sized dish) of a new menu item. Best miso soup I've ever had. Great vegetarian restaurant!Special Features:
- The 3-Course Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013The 3-Course Valentine's Day special menu was incredible and absolutely stunning!!! Some of the best food I have EVER had. Fresh, organic and very delicious! I still remember the amazing taste of the warm onion gruyere tart! I wish I could eat there every day. The wine suggestions was also excellent. The atmosphere was very nice and service extremely friendly. If you want to have sophisticated, phenomenal dinning experience, this is the place.Special Features:
- Blind Faith Grows UpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The menu is markedly better than in its early days. They seem to be up to the competition (which has increased in Chicago due to the emergence of Native Foods). The atmosphere is quite pleasing, as is the service. My only detracting point was very specific: we came on Valentine's Day, and the courses were not served too quickly, permitting for couples to linger and enjoy the date night at leisure. Since it was quite a busy night, this was understandable but regrettable. In general, having your food served promptly is not a bad thing, though. Their use of Gardein was terrific, and the cheese tart (a quiche), a new addition to the menu, was the best I've ever eaten. Meat eaters and vegans will have no problems eating here.Special Features:
- Always a good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We love Blind Faith. The food is always amazing and the presentation is lovely. The service is always very good. We dine here regularly and always have a good experience.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We went to the cafe for the Valentine's day special. The food was fantastic, the only thing I wasn't crazy about was seitan but I don't enjoy that stuff anyways. They also brought out the courses really close together so we had two courses in front of us most the time. But really the salads, appetizers, ravioli, desserts, it was all delightful. And our server made us feel like we were at a high end place. Great experience!Special Features:
- Incredible food! We thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Incredible food! We thoroughly enjoyed our Valentine's Day dinner there!Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I've been going to Blind Faith since they were a cafeteria down the street. I've always loved it. While I miss the more casual atmosphere, the upscale version is nice, too. The Valentine's dinner was tremendous. The food was incredible as was the wine pairing. I wish they would put some of the items on the menu. The vegan items in particular were out of this world. My only query is the vegan squash appetizer I was told by our server had honey in it, which is not vegan. Luckily I am not that strict so enjoyed it anyway. The service was top notch as it usually is.Special Features:
- spectacular dinner but a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2013spectacular dinner but a little pricey - entree's all feel like they are about 2-3 dollars too expensive. Really excellent quality food though and service was great!
- Cozy & Healthy!Curiouscat75Dined on 2/2/2013I'm no foodie but I enjoyed a delicious meal with my boyfriend for his birthday, that we both felt was healthy and filling. We're not vegetarians but we loved the wide and varied selection of vegetarian/vegan dishes which were tasty and imaginative. The selection ranges from Asian to Mexican cuisines and items include salads and hearty entrees. The ambiance is peaceful and relaxing, with prompt, excellent service. We had a cozy experience on a cold winter's evening and it was a welcome respite from a hectic daily schedule.Special Features:
- As usual, wonderful food andMakakiloVIPDined on 1/26/2013As usual, wonderful food and our server Antonio was great! Eddie does a great job of managing the restaurant.