Blind Faith Cafe
Evanston, IL 60201Neighborhood:
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
Blind Faith Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blindfaithcafe.com/
- Phone: 847-328-6875x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We Can Help You Create the Perfect Menu for any Occasion. Blind Faith catering delivers innovative vegetarian cuisine to homes and businesses. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner party or a wedding for hundreds, we can meet all your catering needs. Our creative staff will tailor a unique event to your individual tastes. We can offer recommendations and help you arrange everything from linen to location. Let us cater your next party or prepare dinner tonight.
- Private Party Facilities: Offering a warm and welcoming atmosphere, Blind Faith Cafe has three venues to make your party an unforgettable event. Whether you are planning a luncheon or dinner, our experienced and creative team will help you design the perfect menu for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: David Lipschutz 8473286875x
- Special Events: Our Dinning Rooms are Available for Parties and Corporate Events. We can accommodate groups of 12-40 guests. Whether you are planning a breakfast meeting, lunch with friends or a special evening, we can meet all your needs. Our experienced and creative team will help you design the perfect menu for any occasion.
A word from Blind Faith Cafe
Offering globally inspired seasonal menus, Blind Faith is a certified green restaurant transforming the way people enjoy vegetarian cuisine. Just twenty-five minutes from the Loop and only blocks from Northwestern's Evanston campus, our dinning room offers a casual warmth perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Blind Faith Cafe - Best Restaurants in Evanston ›
Blind Faith Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (29)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (15)special occasion (11)good for groups (7)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Our favorite neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We adore Blind Faith! We had a Valentine's night dinner that was absolutely gourmet--great prix-fixe menu, delicious preparations and lovely wine pairings. Blind Faith's cuisine is a tribute to how tasty vegetarian meals can be. And the wait staff is always very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Macro Plate is what i ate!WindyCityDinerDined on 1/19/2014The Blind Faith's owner, David, has tried a variety of things to push his stalwart vegetarian restaurant into a slightly upscale/natural gourmet niche. Wine, small plate entrees, and expensive desserts are on the menu, along side old school vegetarian staples. As an occasional diner there for several decades, I remain loyal due to his commitment to brown rice, legumes, and steamed veggies. Besides the expected "clean" options, newer things-like the tasty but paltry stuffed pablamo peppers-are appealing to those with a taste for something new. While the service is always friendly, a little attention to timing, IE: not rushing the entree, would be appreciated. Especially when dinner for 4, with wine, tax and tip, can easily top $150.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety of vegetarianTrinkaVIPDined on 1/18/2014Nice variety of vegetarian dishes and the best vegan chocolate cup cakes ever! I always get one when I go there. Only complaint was too many green onions in the bibimbop--should have an additional veggie instead like carrots, cucumber, Asian egg plant or something.Special Features:
- Solid veggie optionregulardinerVIPDined on 1/7/2014Returned to Blind Faith at the request of my recently turned vegetarian 20 year old. This is still a viable option for vegetarian (and I believe Vegan) food in Evanston. Service was good and professional although there was a lag between an appetizer and the main courses. The pot stickers and sauce were tasty. My wife and son split the tostadas and enjoyed them, although they would have liked a bit more guacamole and sour cream. We all had salads as our mains and they were all good and big enough for a meal.
- Everything great except brown riceSusieFoodDined on 12/31/2013We were a repeat party of 6 on NYE 2013. The servers extended the perfect level of attentiveness. The appetizers--steamed potstickers (vegan) and sweet potato fries--a delicious beginning; the entrees--Mongolian Stir-Fry, Enchiladas Verdes, BBQ Seitan Sandwich, and Seitan Marsala--absolutely satisfying. We shared desserts--peanut butter-chocolate cake (vegan) with raspberry sorbet and lemon torte with lemon sorbet--perfect ending note. My hot ginger tea was a pleasing warm-up after the snowy, cold walk from the car. The ONLY disappointment was the bland brown rice served with the Enchiladas Verdes. The entree would have been totally satisfying if the side had been rice AND beans or the Mexican yellow rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the right notes...CraigDined on 12/27/2013I often bring my guests to Blind Faith for dinner. What a wonderful setting on a winter evening; a perfect escape from the daily grind. And an ideal environment for quality time with your dining companions. The food and service, which never disappoints, provide the fuel for that quality time of wonderful conversation as well as an amazing sense of contentment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegetarian restaurantDinneroutDined on 12/22/2013Enjoyed the variety of vegetarian food. Even those non veggies in our group found delicious food. Heat for a change. Really tasty and nice variety,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentBirdoDined on 12/20/2013Blind Faith is always a delight for lunch, dinner, or brunch. Our recent visit was for dinner. Our table was waiting with wine list and menus, service attentive but never intrusive, and the food delicious. Blind Faith is an excellent choice for dining with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice prelude to SPACE show !!!dubbayewDined on 12/8/2013Cozy booth with old friends and very enjoyable vegan selections while snow drifted by the windows... Enchanting !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian Gemloov2dineDined on 12/7/2013A vegetarian restaurant that is clean and has a variety of food- good service- wish they would make their Asian sauces with out the "hot" moniker, but still really like it- Great sweet potato fries can be an occasional treat-Special Features:
- Do not understand why I didSteveDined on 12/1/2013Do not understand why I did not receive Open Table points for this reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evanston gemArthurJacobVIPDined on 11/30/2013This restaurant is sure to please even the non-vegetarian. We had a very pleasant brunch with kind, professional service. Our only problem was deciding what to order since there were many choices that appealed to us. The Mongolian stir fry with seitan was enjoyed by two of us, although we soon realized it could easily have been shared, thus able to rationalize ordering something else too. But delicious as leftovers too. The caesar salad was dressed nicely without any anchovy. All very good.Special Features:
- I wanted to like itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013But the best thing in there was the dessert ( eclairs) and the wine. I had the macrobiotic plate, seaweed tasted funky, the miso soup that comes with it I was explained to me it is not made in the house. .it was beyond salty..my friend's burger was blah..no reason to return or recommend the place.
- Discerning palates need not attendPolkaDined on 11/22/2013The pesto dominated every other flavor in the pasta dish, too much so. The bibimbop had too many flavors competing with each other...seemingly to cover up the fact that it was a meatless dish. The pear and goat salad had too much of a bitter taste in it to be completely enjoyable.Special Features:
- Food was great even for non-vegetarBethDined on 11/20/2013Food was great even for non-vegetarians. My enchiladas verses were some of the best I have eve had. Our waiter was fabulous. Very knowledgable, mellow and great sense of humor. I would go back in a secondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was wonderful andMakakiloVIPDined on 11/20/2013The food was wonderful and the manager Ed and our server Antonio were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian in EvanstonUptownScribeVIPDined on 11/16/2013I've dined here only for lunch until this date. It was a Saturday night, we had a reservation but we were delayed by 30 minutes because we were coming from the Northwestern football game through a rainstorm. With a call to the restaurant the host saved our reservation and seated us promptly in the full restaurant once we arrived. Service matters.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my birthday and I choseFoodLover000000003Dined on 11/6/2013It was my birthday and I chose to celebrate there. it was the best decision- not only did my group and I have a great time but we were also in love with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great vegetarian restaruantsrickDined on 10/19/2013Aways very good food, even non vegetarians will be happy with it. Recommend the Mongolian Stir Fry to anyone, a but spicy and very tasty and satisfying. Good service, a quality restaurant that does everything correctly.Special Features:
- veggie at NWDoug54fromNCDined on 10/18/2013This vegetarian restaurant is definitely a "diamond in the rough" . They have great food, great wait staff, and an energetic "feel". With 2 vegetarian daughters, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian DelightJohnJDined on 10/12/2013It is amazing what this restaurant can do with non-meat dishes. You can't tell the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetarian gemnanaDined on 10/12/2013Our group had a vegan and some Asian food lovers. Blind Faith Cafe pleased them plus offered plenty of other choices. The food was delicious, and the desserts were super. Our server really knew her business, was attentive and very pleasant. All in all it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Five for brunchBirdoDined on 10/5/2013Brunch at Blind Faith last Saturday was outstanding in every respect. Three of our party were visiting from New York and they loved Blind Faith. The service was first-rate. The food was delicious. The Macrobiotic Plate was the choice of two of us, while I enjoyed Thai Peanut Noodles. The fresh carrot juice was a hit, as was the bancha twig tea. I highly recommend Blind Faith.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Blind Faith is and hasMikecDined on 10/5/2013The Blind Faith is and has been one of my favorite restaurants for a long time. I always have great service and love the cooking. I can't remember a time that I had a less than great experience there.Special Features:
- Blind Faith's remodeling hasJanelleDined on 10/4/2013Blind Faith's remodeling has created a soft and warm ambiance that is welcoming and relaxing.Had a group of 10 people in their private dining room. It was perfect!!!They paid attention to every detail, even providing flowers and adjusting the temperature to suit us. The servers went out of their way to make sure everything was the way we wanted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodGreatDined on 10/4/2013Despite not being a vegiterian, the food choices and prep were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food wasn't life changing,Losttown84Dined on 9/29/2013Food wasn't life changing, but it was interesting. Excellent chai.Special Features:
- Very pleasant, well-run restaurantChicagoboyDined on 9/7/2013Very pleasant, well-run restaurant with tasteful decor, large and creative vegetarian menu, and nicely prepared food. Outdoor tables are small and on the sidewalk but fine for a couple. Service was prompt and friendly. Excellent desserts. We'll be back.
- Upscale Vegetarian Diningeat2liveDined on 8/27/2013Conveniently located near the Dempster Street El, Blind Faith has evolved into a fine dining experience with many vegan and gluten free options on the menu, a great wine list, and amazing desserts from the in-house bakery. I no longer live in the area, but make a point of coming here whenever I'm visiting Evanston. On this trip. I spent a week in a room located a block away from the restaurant and have eaten here multiple times for both lunch and dinner. Really, really good food; and with so many options to choose from, I never get tired of it. And I'm not even a vegetarian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for VegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2013This is a restaurant to go to over and over again. Food is consistently excellent and the vegetarian variety is amazing. You can eat here if you are vegan or vegetarian. Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Vegie standbyIcouldmakeitbetterDined on 8/11/2013Genuine and not trying to be something it isn't. BF has been serving up healthy sustainable fare since before we heard of that word. Prices are low for the high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service at BlindEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 8/4/2013The food and service at Blind Faith Cafe are always good. I very much like the appetizer Kamoosh. We will certainly go back.
- A Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2013Even if you don't consider yourself a vegetarian, there are many delicious dishes to enjoy. Great service from a very professional staff from arrival through departure!Special Features:
- Excellent creative vegetarian fareLF2718Dined on 7/20/2013Food was excellent in concept & execution. Visually appealing. A taste & texture delight. Ambiance was neighborhood restaurant. Easy to be over-dressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vegetarian RestaurantMelanieVIPDined on 7/20/2013While most restaurants in the Chicago area have at least a few items that vegetarians can enjoy, it's wonderful to be able to order anything from the menu, since so many options look good! Most dishes were very, very good (the Blind Faith Burger was wonderful -- as were the sweet potato fries) and it's a fun place to visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not amazing.PhilDined on 7/12/2013Good veggie food, reasonably priced. Worth the occasional visit but not worth a special trip
- You can hear yourself talkLolobridgesDined on 7/12/2013If you're looking for a great place to try some unusual and interesting dishes even if you're not vegetarian, this pleasant atmosphere is also conducive to mealtime conversation. Parking is really easy too. Recommend if you're looking for novelty & excellent, healthy fare, served very attractively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Veggie Options!!MissVeggieAddictDined on 7/11/2013My sister and I were going to a show at S.P.A.C.E, which is right around the corner. My sister is vegetarian and when I found this I thought it would be a great option. It exceeded my expectations in terms of the variety and the uniqueness of the dishes. Everything we had was great! The theater was in walking distance so we only had to park once. We will come here again if we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Vegetarians rejoice!aVisitorDined on 6/25/2013I had heard of the Blind Faith Cafe years ago but finally went there for a family get-together. Four adults and four kids had an absolutely wonderful meal; we inhaled three appetizers (kamoosh which is basically like black bean nachos; guacamole; and the sampler of spinach/lentil, "gar-dain", and hummus) and each had a wonderful entree. Several of us could not finish the gigantic portions and happily took home leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggie ParadisepicpacVIPDined on 6/23/2013Love this place! I'm vegetarian and this is the only restaurant where I can eat everything on the menu. I have my favorites for brunch -- usually the chilaquiles (old style of course!) but today I went with the Aztec Hash (tortilla chips fried with seitan, mushrooms, peppers and chipotle sauce with eggs on top) which was good but had a kick! I ordered the eggs basted and they arrived poached but I ate them because they were poached perfectly (I don't usually order poached because they are not done right). Huge serving! Hubby had the Huevos Rancheros which he loves! (Gee, I'm in a parenthetical mood today!) The iced tea with passion fruit shot was delicious as always. No room for baked goods but they have great scones and sweets too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.