1251 Kearns Blvd
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blinddogpc.com/
- Phone: 4356550800x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday thru Saturday @ 5:00pm
Closed Sundays & Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Penn Kinsey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring our seafood, steaks and sushi to you and your guests. Our staff can easily take the stress out of entertaining by taking care of every detail from the linens to cleaning up.
- Private Party Facilities: Similarly decorated as the main restaurant, our cozy private dining space can hold anywhere from ten guests to one hundred for dinner and one hundred and fifty for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
- Private Party Contact: Penn Kinsey 4356550800x
- Entertainment: Live Music and Specials Nightly starting in May
- Special Events: We have live entertainment nightly ( besides our staff ).
- Cross Street: Bonanza Drive
- Public Transit: Leave the driving to Park City, Summit County's free transit system. It is the best way to get around town. There is a transit stop conveniently located on the corner of the Blind Dog property.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Blind Dog offers plenty of parking for you car, SUV, bus, sleigh or snowmobile.
A word from Blind Dog
One of Utah’s most popular restaurants, Blind Dog serves comfortable American East Coast influenced cuisine from Chef Penn Kinsey in a casual yet elegant setting. Blind Dog's fantastic staff will warmly welcome you and delight you with an extraordinary selection of jet fresh fish, dry aged steaks, sushi, the ever famous mac and cheese and their quick wit. Reservations are accepted by telephone and online for both of our the Dining Rooms. In our more laid back Bar and Sushi Bar, the a la carte menus are offered with better access to the televised games. Blind Dog has live music nightly. Come by, grab a bite, sing along if you would like and leave with a smile. We are unable to accept reservations in the Bar areas, as it is "first come, first served."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blind Dog reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (11)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great menu, excellent service!16pawsVIPDined on 8/29/2014First time to Blind Dog's new location. It's a great set up with many seating options (outdoors, bar, main dining room). Wonderful menu with so many options from sushi to seafood to steaks. Definitely recommend going!
- What a surpriseSpanningTheGlobeVIPDined on 8/28/2014Did not expect a sushi bar, great food, nice surroundings and great service - everyone was exceptional!Special Features:
- Live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014I come for the live music although it makes conversation in the bar difficult.
- Great VisitRayretiredDined on 8/23/2014Whenever we are in Park City we make sure to stop in at least once to one of our favorites. Food is great service is wonderful and the experience is always positive.Special Features:
- brettVIPDined on 8/19/2014Pretty good. I'm sure it was better for others at my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Delicious sushi, bonus outdoor seating with live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatamarieDined on 7/30/2014Great seafood. The best in PC. Service was great and our waiter was very friendly.Special Features:
- An off night big timeBenSVIPDined on 7/8/2014Dined at the Blind Dog since it first opened nd often. This night was pretty bad. We had a reservation, called to say we will be a few minutes late the hostess checked us in and then forgot about us for at least ten minutes. The waiter was slow to take our order. No wine came and he returned to say that he did not have the one we ordered. Then another wait for another choice. Asked for ice bucket and had to get someone else to find it. Two sushi appetizers to start. One took a while, the second came much later. My wife ordered pan roast, which we have enjoyed many times. It was dreid out and overcooked - she nibbled. My roasted chicken came as two fried chicken breast, agan over cooked.Probably hung around the kitchen for a long time.
- Great,fun restaurantNoneDined on 7/5/2014My experience eating at Blind Dog was just as I expected....great food, upbeat staff, ambiance, etc. Austin did a great job helping me pick between 3 tasty-looking entres and a good pinot noir to go with the one I chose. I plan on dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be on your listGaryDined on 6/24/2014The Blind dog should be on your list while in Park City Utah. The food and service was all very good. We sat outside and it was little hot and sunny but that was the type of day. I would still recommend sitting outside just go a little later when the sun is down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyPcdinerDined on 5/17/2014Nicer than it looks from the outside. It was expensive but had really good food. The sushi wasn't too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 208 reviews are from the Blind Dog reviews archive.
- Blind Dog - A FavoriteJosieDined on 4/11/2014The food and atmosphere are great. A sushi bar and bar occupy one side, while a white table cloth dining area occupies the other side. The service is excellent, attentive but not overbearing. My seared ahi tuna was cooked to perfection and was very fresh. My husband's pork chop was great albeit a bit overlooked. The wine list was extensive and the server was very knowledgeable about the list. Live music played softly, away from the dining area. It served as a nice background ambience, not too loud. Try this place in summer too...the patio is fantastic and dog friendly!Special Features:
- Great Menu including great SushiRichardVIPDined on 3/28/2014Our party chose a wide variety of dishes and everything was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Substitutions?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/22/2014We loved the restaurant. The food was excellent and the atmosphere is exciting. However, my wife and I are on low carb diets (I'm pre-diabetic.). We were disappointed when the waiter told us that we could not substitute a green vegetable for mashed potatoes. He said the chef did not like substitutions because they compromised the recipes. So, I ordered a side vegetable which added to the cost of a $50 special entree (!). My wife shared by side dish and our mashed potatoes were left uneaten. Rarely do we encounter a restaurant that won't make an easy substitution. Perhaps they're too busy in the kitchen. Aside from that, great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningConcDined on 3/19/2014This is our 3rd visit to Blind Dog and love it more each time. We will be back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and varied menuSusanVIPDined on 3/18/2014Amongst our group we had sushi, chopping, a steak, and a homemade sausage with Yukon mashers. The drinks are good, the wine is nice, and we loved the fondue for dessert. Also, the grilled artichoke appetizer was outstanding. The easy parking is a real plus,Special Features:
- Food was ok, service was subparJamCaliDined on 3/15/2014Disappointed with the food as it was highly recommended by a friend. The food was ok, not great. Service again was lacking as my husband and I both ordered soup but his soup came out right away and I had to wait about 10 minutes for mine to arrive. Then, my husband ordered sushi yet no chopsticks were provided. I also didn't have a napkin and had to use my son's. They may seem like little things but one expects better service at establishments like this one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014An EXCELLENT find in Park City, Utah!!! The best restaurant we experiened there!Special Features:
- Great SushiRichardVIPDined on 3/2/2014Blind Dog never disappoints. The sushi is great and they have a full menu as wellSpecial Features:
- Blind DogOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Excellent food, atmosphere and service. The sushi was amazing!!Special Features:
- a historic fun placeshaynaVIPDined on 2/27/2014We love the mac and cheese! the salmon is always great and the live music is nice. Servers are young and new always. We love the pictures of the dogs and always remember the old venue fondly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeParkCitySkierVIPDined on 2/23/2014Great local place with live music, wide variety of beer and great tasting food. The food selection is very broad including lots of seafood, sushi and daily specials. Try the macaroni and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FinishDMcMurtreyDined on 2/22/2014Like many people post, it seems there is never a host at the front when you come in. This was true in our case again. Then we got seated and we waited a while for any service. (it always seems longer than it probably was) . When our waiter did arrive, he was apologetic and could not have been nicer or more on the ball the rest of our meal. The food is always good here. The hamachi sashimi was very good along with the Jupiter Roll. One of my sons friends does not enjoy sushi and he had plenty of options on the menu. He ordered the Dream Loaf (meat loaf) and it was exceptional. We have eaten here probably a half dozen times now and it never disappoints even when it is obviously busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Park City institution. GettingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2014A Park City institution. Getting better with age (had some disappointing meals 5-6 years ago, but they have really nailed it lately). Great variety of meat, fish, sushi, apps. Going back tonight for second meal in this ski week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place off if Main St.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/21/2014Great place off if Main St. Easy parking and great food and service. Going back again before we leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceWasiDined on 2/20/2014Had an enjoyable meal. Interesting menu. Steamed mussels were well seasoned...could have had a few more in the pot. Ahi tuna nachos were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service excellent.MartyVIPDined on 2/16/2014Great variety. Sushi very good. Wait person attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experienceMaksVIPDined on 2/12/2014We enjoyed Blind Dog for its menu offered a variety of selections from sushi to grill items. The food was very good. The only negative was the night we were there the live music was too loud. The guitar and keyboard music was nice but it was difficult to have a conversation. It was more of a distraction than just background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy it as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/11/2014We have been happy with Blind Dogs Sushi and menu selection bar is a fun friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and wine list wereParkCitydinerDined on 2/3/2014The food and wine list were excellent. The sushi rolls are creative and beautifully presented.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK experienceSBcookDined on 2/3/2014We like the seafood at this restaurant. We had a couple of issues on this visit.We had ordered a side vegetable with our dinner for example and when it didn't arrive with our food, we reminded the waiter. He acted like it would be right there and then we waited and waited. When it arrived he never explained what happened. Then still charge us the full amount for the side. The.second issue was that by the time I finally started eating my fish, it was completely raw inside. At this point, not wanting to ruin the rest of the evening, I just ate around it. It was a good piece of salmon, but raw/cold in the middle is beyond undercooked.Special Features:
- A better Blind DogCarolVIPDined on 1/25/2014We have been coming to Park City over 20 years and loved Blind Dog when it first opened, through the sushi was great, then experienced several visits when the food and service were lacking. We thought we would give it one last try at their new location on Kearns. The tables were very close together and it was a bit noisy. The service started out good, but attention was lacking once we had our food. The food came very quickly and it was great! We were glad we gave the Blind Dog another chance, and we will be back.Special Features:
- Terrific CuisinedhubinDined on 1/24/2014My wife and I had dinner here when we were at the Sundance Film Festival. The food say outstanding, the service perfect, and the ambiance very nice. What more can you ask for from a restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Blind DogCJTravelerDined on 1/20/2014We've been to Park City 3 times and we always make time to go to the blind Dog. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is casual and comfortable. I highly recommend it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SushiKennyDined on 1/20/2014Some of the best sushi ever! Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sushi and everything elseFoodJunkieVIPDined on 1/18/2014We read mixed reviews and decided to try it anyway. The food was great.....we ordered a variety of dishes for the table including some sushi, the special of the night, crab cakes, and lots of sides and were happy with everything. Great cocktail menu, and our server Austin was really pleasant and accommodating. The wine list was impressive too. Be prepared for a chilly reception from the hostess. Other than that, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sundance SurpriseRickVIPDined on 1/18/2014Off Main Street and still a very vibrant . We had a large party that was comfortably accommodated. Great for people watching and celeb spotting.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and good foodFirsttimerVIPDined on 1/12/2014I was a bit hesitant because of some other reviews, but I didn't experience any of the issues identified by the other reviewers. Our server was attentive, the food was good, and we enjoyed some live guitar music during our dinner -- a nice surprise on a Sunday evening! I had the burger sliders and the gumbo, both of which were very tasty. Although the bread used on the sliders was not to my liking (a dark, heavy bread), others may like it. Oh -- and parking is a breeze here, given the location of the restaurant, which is a nice change from trying to find a place to park down near Main Street....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Main StreetJohntheSkierGolferVIPDined on 1/8/2014A great menu (take a look on line) and a fabulous location in the Prospector Square area of Park City. Rather than fight the crowds for parking on Main Street, the location on Kearns Blvd has plenty of parking, outdoor dining in summer and a great bar area. Service is prompt and attentive. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2014Good choice while in park city. Not on Main Street but worth the trip down the street for good food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.