Bleuwater, A Seafood Restaurant
6900 Great Bay
St. Thomas, VI 00802Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $31 to $50
Bleuwater, A Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/StThomas/Dining/Bleuwater/Default.htm
- Phone: 3407753333x8128
- Hours of Operation:
Open Wednesday to Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Caribbean, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Fabian Gnemmi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room available for parties up to 40. Custom menus can be created by our chef.
- Private Party Contact: Carol Cameron 3407753333x8123
- Entertainment: Entertainment on special occasions only. Ex: Christmas, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day
A word from Bleuwater, A Seafood Restaurant
Bleuwater – Seafood and Steak Bleuwater is the resort’s signature restaurant featuring seafood and prime meats that inspire the palate. Floor to ceiling French doors open to the surreal tropical beauty of Great Bay. For those who prefer to experience the beautiful Caribbean evening outdoors, the restaurant has terrace and patio seating available. Oasis, the restaurant’s private dining room, accommodates up to 48 guests. Bleuwater is the primary dining venue at The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, serving a full breakfast and exceptional dining experience in the evening. Cuisine: Seafood and Prime Cuts Atmosphere: Island Chic Attire: Resort Casual Breakfast: 7 AM to 11 AM Dinner: 6 PM to 10 PMContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bleuwater, A Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in St. Thomas ›
Bleuwater, A Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Wonderful dinner!JosieDined on 6/18/2014Our family's St. Thomas vacation was highlighted with the great dinner at Bleuwater! From cocktails to dessert everything was spectacular and we couldn't have asked for better service from Jerry! Beautiful views from the Ritz-Carlton!Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Bleuwater, A Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- Spectacular Dining ExperienceSuzanneVIPDined on 5/1/2014On our last night in St. Thomas we saved the best dining experience for last. Bleuwater Restaurant was amazing! My husband had the beet salad and said it was delicious with an ample amount of beets and goat cheese. I had the watermelon salad, which had very fresh chunks of watermelon and whipped feta cheese. I have never eaten any feta cheese done in this way. We both ordered the special which was a carbonara with grilled sea bass. The pasta had the perfect creaminess needed for a carbonara and the fish had a nice crust that paired perfectly with the pasta. From the wine selection to the dessert, our waiters (two) made suggestions that were perfect. The word perfect is all that can be said of the dining experience we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Eveningfvrad102VIPDined on 2/9/2014Arrived at Bleuwater just a little before sunset. We were seated outside on the patio overlooking the Caribbean with smaller islands around St Thomas in front of us and the island of St. John off in the distance. From our cocktails, appetizers, dinner and desert the entire meal was an experience we will soon never forget. Our waiter, Winston, along with the entire staff do a very remarkable job. My wife and I truly enjoyed ourselves and will remember this meal for a long time to come. Will definitely return on our next visit to St. Thomas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good BUT......SetpointVIPDined on 11/22/2013The alcohol is quite pricey. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The electronic back-lit menusOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2013The electronic back-lit menus were perfect for the low light conditions. The staff was wonderful. We really appreciated being called by our name and not "you guys."Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/19/2013Excellent food and service. Thanks for making the day special for my husband - birthday!Special Features:
- DisappointingTooBlueVIPDined on 12/18/2012We frequently visit the Ritz for meals but have been recently disappointed with all of the shortcuts in quality and service throughout the noire establishment. Save your money and take a walk to Sangria or the Carribean Fish Market nearby or a taxi into Red Hook for so many better options. On a second vist to eat poolside, the staff was rude - we simply left
- Very good food, excellent servicecher10VIPDined on 12/7/2012In the Ritz hotel, the staff is well trained. The service is excellent, and the food is very good. Portion size was plentiful, had the ice cream for desert, not worth the calories. Pricey, but it is a ritz.Special Features:
- Wait staff was attentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Wait staff was attentive, food was delicious even the cook came out to greet us to make sure everything was fine. A must try the Kobe short ribs melts in your mouth!Special Features:
- We went here for our anniversaryEmilyVIPDined on 7/7/2012We went here for our anniversary and it was very romantic. Our server was extremely attentive and very nice. The food was spectacular as was the view. The hostess was kind enough to take our picture overlooking the bay too. The only drawback is that it was quite a drive to get there from downtown Charlotte Amalie. It was definitely worth it though!Special Features:
- Excellent food and staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/21/2012Excellent food and staff. Brian was very friendly and helpful while we dined at the restaurant. We will be back!Special Features:
- Impeccable service from Daniel.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2012Impeccable service from Daniel. The food was mouthwatering!!! My birthday was so incredible thanks to the staff at Bleuwater!Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2011We were very disappointed with the food. Had the fish of the day---a local swordfish. It was thin and very dry. Not at all like other Ritz, signature restaurants. Service was very good, though.
- An extraordinary dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2011An extraordinary dining experience. The food was excellent, fresh, and the presentation exemplary. Well worth the visit.Special Features:
- We had great food the fishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2010We had great food the fish was so fresh it must have just been caught. The waiter gave us just the right amount of attention. We would go back there again.
- Atrocious experience. Joy,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2010Atrocious experience. Joy, server #270 was incompetent, at best. Drugged, at worst. Seriously, there needs to be an unannounced drug testing. She was M.I.A all evening...and kept giggling when she appeared. We received our entrees BEFORE our bottle of wine. I asked for a refill on water, but no luck. I finished my entree, flagged her down, and asked if I could pls get more water before dessert (like I was EVER going to order dessert...all I could think of was GET ME OUTTA HERE! Our worst night in St Thomas, and it was supposed to be our best. We ate here twice last year. All of the other employees at the hotel were so great.
- Food was yummy but small portionsnycmommaDined on 7/11/2010Food was yummy but small portions for big prices. Service was so-so. We ordered a glass of champagne and the server did not ask but gave us the most expensive glass-$26 a glass--which was in poor taste. Wonderful view. Cats are all around at night which was odd.Special Features:
- Delicious dining. Great service.HackDocVIPDined on 7/10/2010Delicious dining. Great service. Perfect ambiance. My only regret is that they are not open every day, or else we would have gone back again.Special Features:
- What an incredible diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2009What an incredible dining experience. From the first class service to the outstanding food and scenic view. We took my father in law there for a special 60th birthday celebration and they suprised the entire table with a champaign toast and truffles. Additionally, we had a 4 month old and a 6 month old who they made feel so comfortable and welcomed. The outdoor dining overlooking the Bay is second to none.Special Features:
- The food was beyond compare,Jamabreeze13VIPDined on 5/9/2009The food was beyond compare, Lobester was great, as were the seared scallops, Vegatables were seared crisp and not over cooked. Requested Birthday wishes and plans were met and prepared above expections. The View over the Caribbean Ocean was breathe taking. Wine glasses were never empty and the waiters were "Jonny on the Spot", but not over-bearing. Managment and the Head Chef visited our table to ensure satisfaction. ( This was a first for myself)Special Features:
- Our time at Bleuwater wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2008Our time at Bleuwater was extremely relaxing and a thoroughly refreshing break from camping. Everything was outstanding; the food, the service, & the upscale, tropical atmosphere. My wife and I always enjoy at least one upscale meal during each vacation and we were certainly glad we chose this restaurant. Our waiter, Walter, did an excellent job of representing Bleuwater while at the same time making us feel at home. He was knowledgeable and helpful with our wine selections. The food was excellent, sauces to die for, great flavors throughout. The backwaiters were equally friendly and the host/manager came over to say hello. Patio dining offered a spectacular view of the ocean and the surrounding property was pristine. Highly recommended!Special Features: