262 S 10th St
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bleusushi2pa.com/
- Phone: 2158290800x
- Hours of Operation:
OPEN NON STOP 7 DAYS
Monday - Thursday : 11am - 10pm
Friday. : 11am - 11pm
Saturday. : 12noon - 11pm
Sunday. : 12noon - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Hendra Yong
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live Piano
A word from Bleu Sushi
Bleu Sushi - Where You Can Escape Your Blues! At Bleu Sushi, we believe in creating an intimate atmosphere, from the size of our restaurant & our service, to our utmost passion: sushi! We would like to invite you on our journey, where you will experience our unique take on creating succulent Japanese dishes paired with an unparalleled eye to detail, without sacrificing an ounce of quality. Keeping in symmetry with our Executive Chef & owner's mantra of "High Quality - No Rip Offs", we trust that our dishes speak for themselves. We do not believe in overcharging for high quality dishes, as we rather you break out in a dance after eating at Bleu instead of breaking your bank. We are open for lunch & dinner as well as offer delivery & take out. Come in for a romantic dinner or a big celebration as we would be honored to host your special occasions. We Look Forward To Serving You Here At Bleu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bleu Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (12)good for groups (9)special occasion (6)romantic (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very good for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The sushi was good....not exceptional, everything we tried was good. The price is extremely fair for what you get though. The wait staff was incredibly attentive, especially given how crowded it was on a Saturday night. I would definitely eat there again, which is the true testament to the experience.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014In town from LA. Great food and people. Owner came around and chatted with everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I had a party if 6 and we were complimented with great food, great service and a wonderful atmosphere! Bleu sushi has a variety of creative dishes and sushi rolls so you will have a hard time choosing. Nonetheless this is definitely a little gem. They have great quality sushi for really reasonable prices. My party and I thouroughly enjoyed our visit and will be back !! Where else can you find such an awesome sushi place for a special event? It's even Byob!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and PersonalfdenthusiastVIPDined on 9/14/2014We meet up with our two adult sons for Japanese food following my sons' attendance at the Forest Theater. The location was ideal and the write ups were great. We were not disappointed. We were personally greeted by the owner and chef and he became part of our experience there, being informed about the food we were eating and his philosophy of nothing but fresh foods with dishes that vary the textures. My Age Tofu was perfectly and lightly fried in a light sauce and presented simply and beautifully. The sushi choices offered both standard and creative versions using seasonal ingredients and exotic items like oysters, and the Japanese hot rice bowl with tuna was stellar in taste and texture (competes with the Korean version for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but goodmp1634Dined on 9/13/2014It was difficult to enjoy the food due to the incredibly loud atmosphere, although the sushi was pretty good. I might want to try it again on a week night rather than a weekend to compare.Special Features:
- A great find for sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014This quaint BYOB sushi restaurant provides exceptional service, and the owner/manager was very receptive to our needs. The sushi was out of this world, and we will certainly be back to enjoy another night out. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceMediocreDined on 9/6/2014The food here was excellent and the service was impeccable. They were very friendly and catered to us. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!rggaleDined on 9/6/2014Great food in this understated venue. Tastefully decorated, but could use some acoustic panels or something to remove the echo. There was a large group in the restaurant with some wine-fueled screaming girls. Aside from that, the food was great, service was extremely attentive. The owner is very involved with his customers and truly cares about their satisfaction. One thing to note is that since PA has liquor/wine stores and doesn't allow others to carry liquor or wine, the nearest wine shop is a bit more than a comfortable distance away at 12th and Chestnut, so come prepared or be annoyed that you have to make a 15-20 minute round trip walk! We'll be back (to dine in and for take out/delivery), and with friends!Special Features:
- Wonderful little restaurant!demomof3Dined on 9/6/2014We so enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience at Bleu Sushi. From the moment we walked in, greeted by the owner, to when we walked out completely satisfied - we loved it! The food was innovative and delicious. The menu had just enough variety. The service was attentive, joyful and enthusiastic. Being there for the first time, we asked for recommendations from the owner and our server and really enjoyed every suggestion. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN NEW RESTAURANTLM55VIPDined on 8/24/2014Great new place in center city - their sushi is great and the staff were attentive and friendly. Would definitely recommend it to friends!
- Sushi is my favoriteIwasonaboatDined on 8/17/2014We came for lunch so not many people were there. The wait staff was friendly and funny and our food was great. I love sushi and they make it very well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionLuciaDined on 8/16/2014Chef Hendra made our dining experience exceptional. He introduced himself to my husband and me, as well as the other tables around us. He made sure that we were happy with everything, and asked if we needed anything. We decided to sample a few appetizers: Korean sesame chicken wings, gyoza, and 2 spring rolls. All were delicious, especially the gyoza. Our miso soup and salads were wonderful as well. I got the only 2 rolls on the menu that did not include fish, and my husband had chicken teriyaki. Our meals were fresh, delicious, and came out in good time. When we are back in Philly, we will definitely come back to visit Chef Hendra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to a long week!PhillyDianaDined on 8/15/2014Went with a friend on a Groupon for dinner. I made a reservation on OpenTable just to be safe, and I was glad I did - all the seats and the bar were occupied on Friday at 6:30. The prices for food were very reasonable compared to some other Japanese restaurants around the area, and I appreciated the attentive service. We ordered an appetizer, 1 regular roll, 2 specialty rolls, and mochi ice cream dessert, all for ~$40. We were next to a couple loud tables so we had to shout a bit to talk (I don't know if this is normal for this spot). The small hiccup with service was the server forgetting our dessert, but when he remembered he gave us an extra rice pudding to make up for it. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch ExperiencedanfromsouthphillyDined on 7/28/2014This is the best sushi restaurant I have ever been to in Philadelphia. The place seems relatively new (I don't remember it being there, at least not in this location) but they are running on all cylinders. Absolutely delicious food, up and down the menu (try the Sushi & Sashimi Combination if you're unsure - I loved it!). The decor and feel of the place is great, very cool, very relaxed. I was there towards the end of lunch and it was busy without feeling cramped or hectic. Great service too, everyone was extremely friendly. Just an overall awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Bleu Sushi reviews archive.