Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar
811 E. Walnut St
Columbia, MO 65201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bleucolumbia.com/
- Phone: (573) 442-8220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday, Sunday: 5:00om - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30am.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Dignan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: At bleu, food is our passion! We take great pride in not only the quality of our food, but also in its presentation. Our current menu is filled with innovative and delicious selections designed by our expert event coordinators, who will guide you through every particular of planning to ensure you receive a menu customized to impress your guests, while being on time and on budget.
From full service catering to drop off service, bleu catering is happy to serve you, wherever you want us to be. Call or email us for a consultation.
- Private Party Facilities:
- Private Party Contact: Chandra Valentine 5734428220
A word from Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar
Whether it’s lunch, hors d’oeuvres, entrées or desserts, you will find Bleu has a signature cuisine that is unique, sophisticated, and delectable!Continued
Bleu offers an atmosphere that is upscale and upbeat; serene and stylish; classy and casual.
Bleu offers an atmosphere that is upscale and upbeat; serene and stylish; classy and casual.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (15)good for groups (15)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- patio dining in como at its bestJohnDined on 10/26/2014Took an out of town doc here to recruit, with our families. Was fantastic and he was very impressed. Bleu is my 'go to' spot to dine.Special Features:
- great service great foodmorgyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great outdoor dining , server was on the mark with everything , energy and effort . Food was a great surprise, fish tacos wow ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night in CoMOKirkwoodtigerDined on 10/24/2014We went there the night of homecoming in Columbia. We had a reservation for 6 people and were seated right away even though they were very busy. Our waiter was attentive and even accomodated our last minute addition of another guest. The food was tasty and the waiters suggestions were spot on. Even though it was a very busy night our food was delivered on time. Had a nice bottle of Malbec at a very reasonable price. Food was good for the price. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Go for dinner, stay for dessert!bleufanDined on 10/18/2014As always, our dinner at Bleu this past Saturday was fantastic! But, the high point was the fried pecan hand pie for dessert. Fabulous!Special Features:
- Ready for next visit!Cornbread1179Dined on 10/18/2014Bleu was recommended to me by my brother and it did not disappoint. My wife and I are from Omaha, Nebraska and I wanted to take her out to a nice restaurant while i was in Jefferson City, Missouri visiting family. We made a reservation on line and it was very simple to do. We arrived and was seated promptly. The service was great and the food was amazing!! My wife had the burger and I had the beef filet. They both tasted amazing. The beverages were good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Bleu is one of the few restaurants that takes reservations on a football weekend. Parking was not a problem since it is a few streets off the main area of town. The menu offers food with a twist. Ambiance was fine. The bar area is small. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice placeoneguyVIPDined on 10/10/2014We go here often enough (always making reservations through OT) that the host knows our name and we ask for Brook, our favorite server. She is in school, so she only works during breaks now, and we were lucky she was there this time. We had the new scallop entree, which we really liked and the winter vegetable appetizer, which we thought was somewhat bland. We passed our reactions to Brook, who talks with the chef, and it may be better in the future. We had the special pumpkin cheesecake, which we though was very tasty. I don't understand why parents bring young kids to places like this. There was a screaming kid, though not much that Bleu could do about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2014Good service, great fish tacos...nice quiet place to conduct business over a delicious lunch!Special Features:
- BrunchTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 9/28/2014We went for Sunday brunch food was well-prepared and creative. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visititing Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch, Nice PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We had great service and the food was delicious.Eggs Benedict, made to order omelets, black bean and chicken burritos were so tasty. When the french toast ran out, a staff member asked where I was sitting and she brought a serving to me when a new order came out of the kitchen. The patio is my favorite with the atmosphere and beautiful trees. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDebbVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a great meal with friends. Our waiter Adrienne was both professional and fun. He made wonderful suggestions.Special Features:
- HoosierMikeDined on 9/20/2014Different items not typically encountered on a menu. Food was quite good though service was satisfactory at best. Nice decor and good ambience.Special Features:
- DisappointedChrisDined on 9/19/2014I could have prepared all of the food better with the same ingredients. That's a bummer considering I don't cook for a living. Good wine and great service but outside of that this place has a complete identity problem. I don't want to pay $20/plate and have the bathroom be in a dungeon that looks like a rest stop. Won't be back until they get it figured out.Special Features:
- good food/poor servicelferriVIPDined on 9/19/2014The service was awful. There were 5 of us who ordered off the menu; no special requests or anything. The server came over to apologize for the length of time it was taking. The manager came over and asked if he could bring us anything. We said he could bring the chips (we had an appetizer of the chips that were sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and had a dip). So, the manager brought us over the chips, but JUST the chips, no cheese, no dip, not even salted! They were terrible. My son went back a couple weeks later and had the same poor service. It is too bad because the food was pretty good.Special Features:
- luvdiningoutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014would like to have ordered a steak .... but 16oz. is too much! Our waiter said we could not order one steak and split it. If the Bleu will not accommodate "sharing entrée" requests we would appreciate the menu offering smaller size steak sizes. i.e. 8 ouncesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was just wonderful! Very attentive but not overwhelming. Very skilled!Special Features:
- Saturday with an old friendMoDavisVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening with an old friend. Our server, Brianna, was awesome. The wine was good and my shrimp &grits were very good. Was surprised how quiet the place was on a football Saturday. Maybe we beat the rush!Special Features:
- Excellent!petarmarinov37Dined on 8/29/2014I thoroughly enjoyed eating at Bleu, and will definitely be back. The waitstaff was super helpful and polite the entire time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and innovativeastahrDined on 8/8/2014Great food with a different twist. Not run-of-the mill, but definitely approachable. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 177 reviews are from the Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- I ate skateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014And it was totally awesome. Fish texture but scallop taste. A deal for $17.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab First FineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Had a fabulous first dining experience Saturday evening. Started at the bar with a very personable bartender. He was very knowledgeable regaining their specialty cocktails. Our server was also friendly and knowledgeable too. The Shrimp & Grits and Pork Tenderloin were amazing. I asked to meet the chef who immediately appeared at our table. We complimented him on his abilities and had a nice, quick discussion with him. This was worth the 2 hour ride from St. Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food!ChaiDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time eating at Bleu Restaurant and it was really great! The food was spectacular and our waiter was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and disappointing dessertLilredhippieDined on 6/20/2014We should have been asked if sitting in the bar area was OK. At first it was fine, but as more people came in, it got so loud I couldn't hear my husband talking. The appetizer and entrees were great. I loved the sweet potatoes and pork loin. My husband very much enjoyed his dessert, the chocolate mousse dessert. I had the strawberry cream puff. The strawberries were few and far between and the cream puff was a bit stale. The whipped cream was a little over beaten. Would I dine there again? Yes, but I would make sure we sat someplace quieter. Would I order dessert? Probably not. Dessert should be the "icing on the cake" ending to a great meal. I could, and have, made better cream puffs at home.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceLovesAixoisVIPDined on 6/19/2014Ambiance a little disappointing after all the great reviews but we were the only patrons there at 8pm on a Thurs. Seemed a bit dated and we could hear the kitchen staff yelling inappropriate comments. It was also very warm. The food was very good and carrot cake dessert was excellent.
- Bleumgant10Dined on 6/14/2014The food was absolutely amazing. We had the chips with gorgonzola cream dip for an appetizer, and they were wonderful. I ordered the filet which came with gorgonzola mashed potatoes and asparagus, all in a mushroom sauce. It was absolutely excellent. The triple chocolate mousse we ordered for dessert was to die for. Cocktails were good as well. Definitely on the expensive side (it was nearly $80 for two of us) but it was well worth it. I would absolutely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, great foodsuprsamDined on 5/30/2014We waited an hour for our food with no explanation of why anything was taking so long. The waitress acted like nothing was wrong. Out water glasses went empty a couple times, and the restaurant wasn't even full. The food, once we got it, was great, but one in our party had to send hers back because it wasn't hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best patio dining in townrhmartinVIPDined on 5/28/2014This is the best restaurant in Columbia, but as is all too often the case at restaurants in this college town our entrees arrived long before we finished our first course. At least our server here offered to take them back and keep them warm in the kitchen. The patio is delightful on a warm spring evening!Special Features:
- over priced underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Had group of 8 Friday night of graduation. Very limited graduation menu new that going in but expected that to result in a high quality offering . Not ! Couple salads maybe 5 entrees ! fish 1 steak 1 pasta 1 chicken turkey burger. Filet was a nice filet which you would expect at $30 plus dollars tough to screw up a filet. Halibut for $30 was small, dry and boring with brussel sprouts my favorite vegetable were under cooked and very tough pasta was good Caesar salad was presented in a neat dish but was very boring and lacked any seasoning or taste in the dressing. What I was disappointed in was a 20% gratuity tacked on for a at best average experience.Average for Columbia ! Would be out of business if had to compete in Chicago/St Louis
- Best breakfast brunchtequilaloverVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had Mother's Day brunch at Bleu. The variety and quality of the food was outstanding - way beyond the usual eggs, sausage, french toast, etc. fare that you see at similarly priced brunches.Special Features:
- Ask what they actually haveMidModinerDined on 5/4/2014This is the second time we've dined at Bleu and found that several items we ordered weren't available that night. While that is frustrating enough, they don't tell the servers in advance what is out of stock. So you place an order & then get repeat visits from the server updating you on all the things they don't actually have. The restaurant was not busy and it took a l--o--n--g time to receive our appetizer and food. This happened last time too. Overall, the food, once you get it, is good, but the inventory control issues & slow delivery really take away from the experience.
- Great BrunchCaRaGrDined on 4/27/2014Great selection for brunch. Scrambled eggs were dry, but everything else was excellent. Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchcasualdinerDined on 4/20/2014Good selection of brunch items and very large made to order omelets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDined on 4/17/2014I schedule a business lunch for a small group. We were seated in a small, quiet private room at a round table that was conducive to conversation. Service was efficient and did not interfere with the discussion. Food was very good and served with a minimal level of disturbance. Well done.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceDeliciousnessDined on 4/12/2014Great patio set up for a relaxing evening. Timing of courses was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeeannDined on 4/11/2014I would recommend Bleu to anyone, the food is AMAZING and fresh, the wait staff is super friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable, and they have an amazing patio! If you love good food, wine, and wonderful ambiance, GO TO BLEU!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited forever for foodwinedrinkersVIPDined on 4/5/2014Our food order took forever to arrive at our table. There were only 4 of us. However , as a side note, it was several U. of Mo. sorority mom's weekends and the restaurant had a large event downstairs going on too. the waitress offered us a free dessert which was an appropriate and appreciated gesture. The menu was really good and I would like to go back when it is not so crowded, but in a college town, that is probably something that is always the case during the school year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch was coldbirthdayretirementDined on 3/16/2014I went to the Sunday brunch. Most of the hot food was cold. I was hoping my wife and I had found a place to eat a good brunch in Columbia, but we won't be back to Bleu.
- Birthday LunchCourtDined on 3/15/2014My sister and I took our mom here for her birthday lunch and had a great time. We unfortunately sat inside on a gorgeous day when the patio was busy so had to wait a little longer than normal for our server to come back and forth. The food was excellent and creative. Definitely a spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but uncomfortable boothJaxexpertDined on 3/14/2014The food is always great at Bleu. This time we got a booth and it was very small and uncomfortable. We barely had enough room to cut our food and the seat backs were excessively straight. Definitely request a table if you go. The service was just okay, not much personality and a little slow (however the place was packed).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bleu is a great placebrillowDined on 3/13/2014This place is really excellent, arguably the best place in town for NICE food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.