Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar
811 E. Walnut St
Columbia, MO 65201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bleucolumbia.com/
- Phone: 5734428220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday, Sunday: 5:00om - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30am.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Dignan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: At bleu, food is our passion! We take great pride in not only the quality of our food, but also in its presentation. Our current menu is filled with innovative and delicious selections designed by our expert event coordinators, who will guide you through every particular of planning to ensure you receive a menu customized to impress your guests, while being on time and on budget.
From full service catering to drop off service, bleu catering is happy to serve you, wherever you want us to be. Call or email us for a consultation.
- Private Party Facilities:
- Private Party Contact: Chandra Valentine 5734428220
A word from Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar
Whether it’s lunch, hors d’oeuvres, entrées or desserts, you will find Bleu has a signature cuisine that is unique, sophisticated, and delectable!Continued
Bleu offers an atmosphere that is upscale and upbeat; serene and stylish; classy and casual.
Bleu offers an atmosphere that is upscale and upbeat; serene and stylish; classy and casual.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)special occasion (17)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (11)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Saturday with an old friendMoDavisVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening with an old friend. Our server, Brianna, was awesome. The wine was good and my shrimp &grits were very good. Was surprised how quiet the place was on a football Saturday. Maybe we beat the rush!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I thoroughly enjoyed eating at Bleu, and will definitely be back. The waitstaff was super helpful and polite the entire time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and innovativeastahrDined on 8/8/2014Great food with a different twist. Not run-of-the mill, but definitely approachable. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate skateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014And it was totally awesome. Fish texture but scallop taste. A deal for $17.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab First FineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Had a fabulous first dining experience Saturday evening. Started at the bar with a very personable bartender. He was very knowledgeable regaining their specialty cocktails. Our server was also friendly and knowledgeable too. The Shrimp & Grits and Pork Tenderloin were amazing. I asked to meet the chef who immediately appeared at our table. We complimented him on his abilities and had a nice, quick discussion with him. This was worth the 2 hour ride from St. Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food!ChaiDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time eating at Bleu Restaurant and it was really great! The food was spectacular and our waiter was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud and disappointing dessertLilredhippieDined on 6/20/2014We should have been asked if sitting in the bar area was OK. At first it was fine, but as more people came in, it got so loud I couldn't hear my husband talking. The appetizer and entrees were great. I loved the sweet potatoes and pork loin. My husband very much enjoyed his dessert, the chocolate mousse dessert. I had the strawberry cream puff. The strawberries were few and far between and the cream puff was a bit stale. The whipped cream was a little over beaten. Would I dine there again? Yes, but I would make sure we sat someplace quieter. Would I order dessert? Probably not. Dessert should be the "icing on the cake" ending to a great meal. I could, and have, made better cream puffs at home.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceLovesAixoisVIPDined on 6/19/2014Ambiance a little disappointing after all the great reviews but we were the only patrons there at 8pm on a Thurs. Seemed a bit dated and we could hear the kitchen staff yelling inappropriate comments. It was also very warm. The food was very good and carrot cake dessert was excellent.
- Bleumgant10Dined on 6/14/2014The food was absolutely amazing. We had the chips with gorgonzola cream dip for an appetizer, and they were wonderful. I ordered the filet which came with gorgonzola mashed potatoes and asparagus, all in a mushroom sauce. It was absolutely excellent. The triple chocolate mousse we ordered for dessert was to die for. Cocktails were good as well. Definitely on the expensive side (it was nearly $80 for two of us) but it was well worth it. I would absolutely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, great foodsuprsamDined on 5/30/2014We waited an hour for our food with no explanation of why anything was taking so long. The waitress acted like nothing was wrong. Out water glasses went empty a couple times, and the restaurant wasn't even full. The food, once we got it, was great, but one in our party had to send hers back because it wasn't hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best patio dining in townrhmartinDined on 5/28/2014This is the best restaurant in Columbia, but as is all too often the case at restaurants in this college town our entrees arrived long before we finished our first course. At least our server here offered to take them back and keep them warm in the kitchen. The patio is delightful on a warm spring evening!Special Features:
- over priced underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2014Had group of 8 Friday night of graduation. Very limited graduation menu new that going in but expected that to result in a high quality offering . Not ! Couple salads maybe 5 entrees ! fish 1 steak 1 pasta 1 chicken turkey burger. Filet was a nice filet which you would expect at $30 plus dollars tough to screw up a filet. Halibut for $30 was small, dry and boring with brussel sprouts my favorite vegetable were under cooked and very tough pasta was good Caesar salad was presented in a neat dish but was very boring and lacked any seasoning or taste in the dressing. What I was disappointed in was a 20% gratuity tacked on for a at best average experience.Average for Columbia ! Would be out of business if had to compete in Chicago/St Louis
- Best breakfast brunchtequilaloverVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had Mother's Day brunch at Bleu. The variety and quality of the food was outstanding - way beyond the usual eggs, sausage, french toast, etc. fare that you see at similarly priced brunches.Special Features:
- The following 167 reviews are from the Bleu Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Ask what they actually haveMidModinerDined on 5/4/2014This is the second time we've dined at Bleu and found that several items we ordered weren't available that night. While that is frustrating enough, they don't tell the servers in advance what is out of stock. So you place an order & then get repeat visits from the server updating you on all the things they don't actually have. The restaurant was not busy and it took a l--o--n--g time to receive our appetizer and food. This happened last time too. Overall, the food, once you get it, is good, but the inventory control issues & slow delivery really take away from the experience.
- Great BrunchCaRaGrDined on 4/27/2014Great selection for brunch. Scrambled eggs were dry, but everything else was excellent. Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchcasualdinerDined on 4/20/2014Good selection of brunch items and very large made to order omelets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDined on 4/17/2014I schedule a business lunch for a small group. We were seated in a small, quiet private room at a round table that was conducive to conversation. Service was efficient and did not interfere with the discussion. Food was very good and served with a minimal level of disturbance. Well done.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceDeliciousnessDined on 4/12/2014Great patio set up for a relaxing evening. Timing of courses was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeeannDined on 4/11/2014I would recommend Bleu to anyone, the food is AMAZING and fresh, the wait staff is super friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable, and they have an amazing patio! If you love good food, wine, and wonderful ambiance, GO TO BLEU!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited forever for foodwinedrinkersVIPDined on 4/5/2014Our food order took forever to arrive at our table. There were only 4 of us. However , as a side note, it was several U. of Mo. sorority mom's weekends and the restaurant had a large event downstairs going on too. the waitress offered us a free dessert which was an appropriate and appreciated gesture. The menu was really good and I would like to go back when it is not so crowded, but in a college town, that is probably something that is always the case during the school year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch was coldbirthdayretirementDined on 3/16/2014I went to the Sunday brunch. Most of the hot food was cold. I was hoping my wife and I had found a place to eat a good brunch in Columbia, but we won't be back to Bleu.
- Birthday LunchCourtDined on 3/15/2014My sister and I took our mom here for her birthday lunch and had a great time. We unfortunately sat inside on a gorgeous day when the patio was busy so had to wait a little longer than normal for our server to come back and forth. The food was excellent and creative. Definitely a spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but uncomfortable boothJaxexpertDined on 3/14/2014The food is always great at Bleu. This time we got a booth and it was very small and uncomfortable. We barely had enough room to cut our food and the seat backs were excessively straight. Definitely request a table if you go. The service was just okay, not much personality and a little slow (however the place was packed).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bleu is a great placebrillowDined on 3/13/2014This place is really excellent, arguably the best place in town for NICE food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceMudflapDined on 3/8/2014The hostess was friendly and provide a very curtious greeting. The reservation was written down in their record and a table was ready immediately. The food and service were very good. The prices are reasonable for the overall dining experience.Special Features:
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Our food took an hour to be served after ordering which forced us to cut short our meal and leave in a hurry in order to keep our evening schedule.Special Features:
- Our initial experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Our initial experience was not good as our table wasn't ready when we got to the restaurant and the hostess was rude. But then the server stepped in and everything went very smoothly. Dinner was very good and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for date nightJaneanneDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I left completely satisfied with the restaurant, food, service, atmosphere....everything. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightCoMoKidDined on 2/15/2014We went to dinner for a "date night". We had reservations and the wait was short, so that was a plus. The restaurant was incredibly busy and the staff did their best to remain cheerful and helpful, but they were clearly overwhelmed. My only "complaint" is that the restaurant was in a menu transition and therefore had limited selections available. It was a little disappointing. I would have preferred to know that before hand and we have saved our patronage another week or so. Overall, another great visit to Bleu and nothing that would prevent me from again choosing to done there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food managementReviewer4Dined on 2/15/20144 diners. Our food came at different times. Steaks significantly undercooked, arrived when we were half done with our salads and then we couldn't find our waiter for a good 15-20 minutes to ask to have the meat cooked more. My husband actually got up to look for our waiter without success. The bottle of wine we ordered first off came after the salad. This was an expensive dinner for the rushed, poor service.
- Great special occasion placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I love this restaurant for special occasions. The prices are a little higher, but far from overpriced. The portions could be bigger (lunch menu) but are fitting to the theme and feel of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceKevinDined on 2/14/2014My expensive sea bass dinner could have been better honestly (should have gone with the pork tenderloin ai kept seeing served) but my girlfriends salmon was great. Grit cakes were great too. Overall awesome albeit expensive food, and would dine again if I had the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014Spent a wonderful night with a wonderful lady. Couldnt have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The foodLauraDined on 1/25/2014The shrimp and grits was wonderful, but 5 shrimp and a pile of grits was not very much food. The other dish ordered was fish tacos, same problem great food but not enough, my husband walked away hungry. Two others at the table ordered the rib eye. It was very flavorful but tough. Good portion size with potatoes and veggie. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Slow service, mediocre foodJulieDined on 1/18/2014Service is slow. From time of order until the food was placed in front of us was 65 minutes. Not a place to go if you have other plans. The food itself is just meh. Nothing special. The descriptions on the menu are more delicious than the food. There are plenty of other choices in Columbia, this one will not get a second visit.
- Great eveningMary918Dined on 1/17/2014We went to Bleu for my husband's birthday and had a great evening. Food and service were great. We are looking forward to going back again!Special Features:
- MouthgasmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food has so many wonderful combinations I never fear I might not like what I am ordering. Most menu items have many flavors and textures being offered together to make the dish making the taste of the food complex, interesting, and very tasty.Special Features:
- This was my second time atLaurenDined on 12/31/2013This was my second time at Bleu. I prefer the outdoor seating in the summertime. I remembered the menu being vegetarian friendly, though this time was for New Year's Eve and there were only two dishes on the entire menu that were vegetarian, so that was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably good experienceoneguyVIPDined on 12/23/2013We regularly eat at Bleu and we generally like the menu, ambiance, and service. They used to have a wonderful menu every night of specials for that night and we normally ordered off the special menu and loved it. They stopped providing any special items for a while but now seem to provide one special item per night. I can imagine that it may be more expensive to have lots of specials every night -- though I would love it if they increased the number of specials they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, reliable dinneroneguyVIPDined on 12/6/2013We regularly go to Bleu, which is now one of our favorite restaurants in town. They have enough things on the menu we like that we can enjoy some variety. They used to have a great daily special menu and we almost always ordered a special. They stopped that but apparently are starting it up again. We always ask for Brook to serve us, who is very thoughtful and really adds to the experience. Sometimes it's a bit louder than we like if they have boisterous groups, even if they are in the private rooms. Probably not much they can do about that.Special Features: