Bleu Restaurant & Lounge
221 South Third Street
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bleu Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.downtownbleu.com/
- Phone: 9013345950x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Lounge open late on weekends.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Rains
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bleu Restaurant & Lounge offers a private wine room for meetings, receptions dinners, luncheons and breakfast meetings. Please contact Lorraine Chatman at 901.334.5924 or firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our cozy private dining room boasts a warm fireplace, both internal and external entrances, and the capacity to serve up to 40 guests. It's the perfect place for your next meeting, breakfast, luncheon, reception or dinner party.
- Private Party Contact: Lance Morton 9013345950x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz entertainment Friday & Saturday nights from 7-11 pm.
- Special Events: We are located right across the street from Fed Ex Forum, and we are the perfect place for before or after Grizzlies games, Tigers games, or a concert!
A word from Bleu Restaurant & Lounge
Bleu is the perfect place to celebrate your special occasion or to enjoy a well deserved night out. Chef Kevin Rains combines the freshest local, regional and international ingredients to create a one of a kind dining experience.. Every visit to bleu offers uniquely memorable out of the bleu surprises. The bleu lounge offers the best martinis, cocktails and appetizers in downtown Memphis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bleu Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Bar, Lousy FoodLove2dineDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant and bar have a great upscale look. The outdoor patio is very nice. The staff are nice, but I wouldn't say it is fine dining service. The food is mediocre at best. Definitely not worth the prices on the menu. If you want a quiet, upscale cocktail before going somewhere else for dinner, this could be your place.Special Features:
- Horrible experienceArayabeDined on 7/19/2014Seems they have unexperienced cooks during lunchtime. Kid's pizza was burnt, chicken in my salad was disgusting (tasted like they just heated in the microwave), white chocolate creme brule was actually LIME cream brulee (unfrozen, nevertheless). Disgusting.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseWillTravel4FoodDined on 7/5/2014We ate here for our anniversary. Everything was outstanding. John, our waiter, was prompt, courteous and attentive. The halibut with grits was excellent. The tuna was cooked perfectly. The salads were fresh and very tasty. The appetizers were a perfect start: calamari (good) and the sushi roll (outstanding). And the peach pie was a perfect ending. We were expecting a good restaurant. But we were so pleased to find great food at every course. We'll be back,and we're already telling others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bleu ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014I would love to review but we made a reservation for 10:45 on a Saturday night through open table for dinner after the play we went to see and when we got there, the restaurant was in the process of closing. The bar tender attempted to send us to the bar in the westin but it was full. They made no attempt to accommodate us even when we told them we had made the reservation through open table. this is the first time this has happened to us.Special Features:
- bad servicenevragan52Dined on 6/28/2014we told the waiter when we arrived that we had to make it to a theater in an hour and a half. The drinks came on time. However the wine was very stale probably from a bottle they been sitting open for a while. Our appetizers came quickly. But the dinner never came. We had to leave because we've been sitting there for an hour and our food was still not ready. We had our dinner box top but they did not make any effort to take any money off of the bill because we were dissatisfied with their service. Would not repeat this restaurant if you have someplace else to be afterwards.
- The following 152 reviews are from the Bleu Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- The best kept secret in MemphisGrizzTonyVIPDined on 6/14/2014We booked a table at Bleu for Saturday at 6pm and arrived early. There was NO ONE in this restaurant, and we remained the only diners in the restaurant until we finished at 7:30pm. The food; in one word FANTASTIC!! We each had a salad, and entree, and all the food was fresh, and very delicious. The Supreme Salad was huge, and my stuffed Salmon (with crab) was amazing along with a dirty rice that was scrumptious. This establishment is the best kept secret in Memphis. We will be dining there again!!!Special Features:
- awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014We arrived for dinner and had several employees look directly at us without any acknowledgement. After several minutes and a search on urbanspoon for another restaurant we left. One employee walked by and purposefully diverted her eyes to avoid making contact.
- Good but slowKassDined on 5/30/2014We had a group of 12 and we were eating before graduation at Fed Ex Forum. We thought that 90 minutes would be plenty of time. It was not. It took more than 30 minutes to get our drinks and most of us received our food 30 minutes after that. But I can say the food was excellent and reasonably priced. I would definitely return for lunch when I have more time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant, laid back styleccw662Dined on 4/26/2014Read several reviews after booking reservation that made me a little nervous, but Bleu was great on this visit. It was the night of a Grizzlies playoff game but we had no trouble getting right in. The chef sent a small hors d'oeuvre as a sample, our appetizer came out in a reasonable time, as did our entrees. The waitress was nice, gave suggestions on the meal, and wasn't snobby when we didn't order wine or desserts (don't drink wine, had other dessert plans). We enjoyed Bleu and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDaCoolestDinerDined on 4/5/2014Our waiter Johnathan was excellent he recommended appetizers as well as wine selections. He was very professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-ratedStageDined on 3/1/2014We were recommended by friends, and the entire experience was basically uneventful and over priced. The fish was bland to say the least, and the duck wings looked and tasted like mangled soggy leftovers. I hate to say this, but it's true.Special Features:
- Convenient to FedEx Forumsenick57Dined on 3/1/2014The absolute best thing about Blue is it's convenience to the FedEx Forum. Valet park at the Westin and grab a quick bite before the game or concert... and the food isn't bad either. Be aware, they work from an abbreviated "Event's Menu" when there's something happening next door, and that's not a bad thing. My NY Strip was perfectly prepared and served with some very good sides. Wine list isn't huge but very adequate.Special Features:
- Where's the brunch?MemdinerDined on 2/16/2014Made a reservation for a special occasion because I had been to Bleu for dinner and enjoyed it . The brunh menu looked amazing. Although it was impossible to find the Saturday and Sunday brunch hours on the Bleu website, the Westinghouse hotel website noted that brunch was served both days 6:30 am-2:00 pm. When we arrived, paid $10 to park, and were seated immediately because there were only two other tables, we were given a normal breakfast menu. Altogether we paid $50 (food an parking) to eat pancakes, eggs, and hash browns. Nothing was bad; it was just not the brunch we expected. Very disappointing.
- The day after Valentine's DayLove2EatVIPDined on 2/15/2014My issue with this place is that if you are going to allow people on Open Table to make reservations, you should probably let them know that on the day that they are planning on dining there, there will not be a regular menu. We originally chose this place b/c of the interesting and different menu compared to most places in Memphis. When we arrived is when we found out that they had a Prix Fixe menu, left over from Valentine's Day the night before. The food was mediocre at best, typical of a prix fixe.
- Valentine's Dinner DateFirstTimeDiningDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was great for a nice romantic dinner. There was a special menu that night and everything was delicious. The service was great, which made the entire night just that much better. The music from the lounge was nice in the background without being too overbearing. We truly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Dinnerdantheman22Dined on 2/15/2014We visited for our first time on Valentines this year. There was a special 4 course menu for the holiday. Everything was delicious, most notable were the veal cannelloni and crab oscar! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to WESTIN StandardsNameeeeeeVIPDined on 2/14/2014We eat out often but had forgotten to make a Valentines Day reservation so we're relieved to see the WESTIN's restaurant had availability. We eat at the WESTIN Chicago restaurant frequently and find it to be excellent. On arrival we were greeted and saw a great space that looked vibrant and cool. Our waiter was prompt and courteous. Our meal however seemed to be served from a warming table of pre-made items, very sad. We paid $75 per person for the price fixed meal, another $115 for wine and tips. It seemed a $265 disaster meal. The next two nights were at Interim and Ruth's Chris, both excellent and a fraction of the cost. Shame WESTIN Memphis, we'll eat at other Weston restaurants but not at this one again.Special Features:
- Great meal and drinksSuziinTNVIPDined on 2/1/2014We both had great drinks and salads with shrimp and grilled chicken. Superb service and a nice meal before the grizzlies game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if going to GrizzliesLV2RIDEDined on 1/10/2014Great if going to Grizzlies game! Can walk to FedEx Forum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Grizz DinnerLuckypegVIPDined on 1/10/2014This is a great place to eat dinner prior to a Memphis Grizzlies game, much less any other event at the FedEx Forum. They have an event menu for those nights so that the kitchen can concentrate on getting out quality food in a timely manner. The employees are all enthusiastic and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Year's SpotPatHDined on 12/31/2013Bleu took great care of us for New Year's Eve; the fixed menu had great options (albeit a little seafood heavy), and we enjoyed virtually everything set before us, with the quail and cheesecake being particular highlights. A great way to start off the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AVERAGE is the word !!!Vik1980Dined on 12/31/2013Very unprofessional staff especially the Hostess. We weren't greeted even on New Year's Eve when we first walked in. Then we were made to sit on a table for 5 which wasn't cozy or romantic for a party of 2. We were finally switched over to a booth after multiple requests. Not sure if the staff is trained to work in a fine dining / upscale restaurant. Food was average and doesn't stand out in any aspect.
- All around it was great!FlyingmynerdDined on 12/31/2013Picked Bleu for New Year's Eve, they had a four course meal special for the New Years Eve celebration. Food was outstanding and so was the service. After dinner we sat in the lounge for several hours having drinks Great atmosphere. Would recommend to friends and will definitely will eat her again. Close to Beale St and Fed Ex Forum. Might I add "free valet parking"Special Features:
- Was OK but hugely overpricedfrostyDined on 12/31/2013Paid $200 with tip for New Year's 4-course meal for two (we didn't drink any alcohol). They brought these delicious little garlic rolls (three of them), and we ordered some more, but (at 7pm New Year's!) they were already out, despite the fact that there were very few diners in the restaurant. Instead, we got Sister Shubert's. Good, but much cheaper at the grocery store. The crab cake was tasty, but a little on the soggy side. Otherwise, the meal was good. Wouldn't eat here again, though.Special Features:
- Pricey but Delicious Date NightAOopDined on 12/20/2013We started w/ the Lobster Tempura roll. The batter was a bit thick, but the flavor was great. For entrees, I had the Porcini Dusted Halibut and added 3 sea scallops. The halibut was the best that I have ever had. The orzo was good, but over salted. The scallops were amazing! Seared perfectly. My husband had the Lamb, which was cooked perfectly. The meal overall was delicious! We would love to go back, but pricing is going to be an issue. Although it was good, I think the entrees are over priced. There was but one other couple in the restaurant, possibly because word around town is that it is overpriced. We would love to go back, just hope we can find the money to do so...maybe for lunch. Also, Monica was our server and she was delightful :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday diningHappyHourDined on 12/19/2013The menu was a revised smaller list of choices then when we had been there before. The entree wa average prices but the salads and appetizers were way overpriced for the size and taste.Special Features:
- Perfect for dining & office partyNDSPDined on 12/16/2013Good Location and excellent atmosphere. Perfect for date night or even lunch/dinner meetings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always my pick before Grizz gamesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2013I always take my clients and guests here before games at the Forum. It is quiet enough to talk. Elegant, but not stuffy. All of the menu items are incredible. This is a place that you want to try everything. Food has beautiful presentation. Service is always good. Wine selection is good. Wait staff always very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BleucealyDined on 12/7/2013Bleu is a great location for pre-theater at the Orpheum in Memphis. It's also just across the street from the FedEx Forum, so a good place before basketball games, too. Service was snappy and food was excellent. The appetizer special is perfect for a large group. Everyone can taste from the appetizer menu. The Lobster Tempura is a lightly fried lobster roll, and it was excellent. All food was very good, from the fresh fish of the day to the tenderloin.Special Features:
- Bleu for Downtown Dining WeekMollzFDined on 11/23/2013The food and service were great, but the pacing of the food was way too fast. The courses came out too quickly; before I had a chance to finish one, the next was on its way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for dinnerLexgirlDined on 11/19/2013I've never had dinner here before this night but been to lunch here many times and enjoyed it. Decided to try it for dinner during Downtown Dining week. While the menu sounded Fabulous that taste was lacking. I had the Mahi Mahi dish that sounded like it would be very Carribean but it was very dry and bland. My husband had the steak tips and potatoes which he said tasted like pot roast and was not very good. We were excited that the dessert was Bananas Foster which is one of my favs. But were very disappointed in the hard toast-like bread with the bananas on it. I think we will just stick to burgers which they do well.Special Features:
- disappointedwendyDined on 11/18/2013I made amble time to enjoy dinner before going to the concert and I felt we were on a rushed menu and time. The menu was very limited and felt more like a bar menu. The salad was the largest part of the meal and it was okay. I had mushroom dusted halibut and it was a plate full of risotto and a small portion of fish that was okay. I had crème brulee for dessert and it was okay. Nothing memorable but maybe we were catching them on an off night. I would think they could run a full restaurant with a full menu even if they were expecting lots of guests. The waiter mentioned a special menu for downtown Memphis but I still didn't understand. Our waiter was very nice though.
- Good food at reasonable priceCarolMemphisDined on 11/8/2013Filet was excellent. My friend had lamb chops which she also enjoyed. Service was good. Manager (?) kept interrupting but otherwise was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummyipbrit77Dined on 10/26/2013Food choices were limited compared to other restaurants but all appealed to my personal taste. Very well prepared and plentiful. Be prepared to take home a doggy bag. Service was professional and attentive. Our dessert choice, lemon box pie was a disappointment. I would definitely recommend this restaurant located in the the Westin Hotel.Special Features:
- Their website menu was a lotKasmanDined on 10/15/2013Their website menu was a lot more inviting than the actual menu. I only recommend restaurants that are above average.Special Features:
- Bad experienceSla10Dined on 10/14/2013I made my reservation and received a confirmation. I got to the restaurant and they did not have my reservation, nor did they know what Open Table was. Not sure of what the issue was, but they could not accommodate me and was not very apologetic about it.
- Too slowCarolDined on 10/14/2013Waited an hour for salads and 1 1/2 hours for entree. Had to open there wine for the server because he was struggling with the corkscrew. It was a busy concert night and the restaurant was not prepared for s full house. Alllotted 2 hours for dinner and made advance reservations. Still with all of that barely had enough time to finish our meal. They should have been more prepared since they are across the street from the forum. Will seek another dinner option next time we are downtown.
- Not preparedElleDined on 10/14/2013We love to eat at Bleu, however, it seems that on special event nights (concerts, games at Forum) they are just understaffed. We had reservations, stood waiting to be seated (at an empty table), waited another 30 minutes for cocktails. When we finally got our food (that took almost another hour), they had substitued one of the appetizers without even asking if that was ok, and food was just mediocre that night. Very disappointed as we took friends and had raved about the restaurant on our way. They were unimpressed and said they would probably not go back.
- WOW!foodie101Dined on 9/26/2013We usually don't come downtown for dinner but I am glad we did. My wife and I were torn over what we should order so we asked what does the chef recommend and we were treated to a sneak peek of his new menu. The lamb and the scallops with rock shrimp eggroll were amazing. As were the mussels. Thanks for making our anniversary memorable Chef Rains and thanks Ashton for the stellar service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2013When we arrived for a six thirty pm reservation, I noticed that we were the only party listed with a reservation for that night, not a terrific omen to start with and things went downhill from there. Literally, there were only 4 people in the restaurant and we were considering leaving since we thought few people on a Friday night meant the place was probably not going to be very good. The waiter was well intentioned but was obviously new. He didn't know the names of any of the bourbons available and brought my wife baked oysters instead of the fresh ones she ordered. He said they would try to get freshly shucked ones to her quickly but they may arrive after our main course did. Strange since by this point there were only 8 people incl. us.