Bleu Restaurant and Bar
3425 Frontis Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bleu Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bleurestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 3367602026
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am -3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Tharp
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Box lunches, take out menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Special private party menus.
- Private Party Contact: Chad Cooper 3367602026
- Entertainment: occasional live music
A word from Bleu Restaurant and Bar
Bleu Restaurant and Bar matches an eclectic atmosphere with food, service, wine and beverages in an affordable, casual, yet upscale manner. Our food is classified as "inventive American" and depends on creative menu development, fresh ingredients and impeccable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bleu Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Bleu Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Second TripMJTheGeekDined on 9/13/2014My wife found Blue through Open Table a few weeks ago so we tried it out and loved it. We came back again with the in-laws and they were just as pleased. Everything is nice and I love the food. Everything I have ordered has been really good. We are sure to be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still disappointingfoodandfunVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was the first time that I have eaten at Bleu in about 4 years. We had a party of 5, and were seated at a table that would hold 4, but not comfortably. Service was just OK. The food was unimpressive and indifferent. Salads come to you not as you would expect. All of the ingredients are in different places on your plate. Special requests were ignored (add blue cheese), Pork Porterhouse was mediocre and overcooked. For the price point of this restaurant, I expected more. We will not be back. Note: Menu on OpenTable is out of date
- Hidden GemMJTheGeekDined on 9/5/2014I have worked less than 5 minutes away from this place and never knew it was there until my wife suggested it. The food was incredible, I would be hard pressed to think of another place in the city that has impressed me the way Blue did We both had the steak it was cooked perfect, dessert was awesome, the staff was very friendly and helpful as well. I almost forgot it was Friday night and live music was there, 1 man and his guitar but it was nice not to loud or overpowering but great backdrop music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and great foodAllenDined on 8/24/2014Food is fresh and was prepared as requested. Portions were generous and food presentation was exceptional.over the years, I have continued to patronize this restaurant and never had unpleasant experience or a bad meal.Special Features:
- My favorite place to eatDoriansombraDined on 8/23/2014I always enjoy dinner at Bleu. The food is amazing. The service is always excellent. I've never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad meal at Bleu!CheshiredogDined on 8/20/2014We love dining at Bleu when we are in the area visiting our daughter. The menu choices are always difficult, because so many of them sound amazing! My party of 3 each selected something different, and we all left raving about our dinners... We will definitely return!!!Special Features:
- Nothing Special plus bad serviceBarryDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had dined at Bleu before and thought we would give it another try. The server was inattentive and passed the table several times after we said we wanted vine without asking us for our choice. I ordered a ribeye stake medium well. when it came it was almost raw. When I asked another server to take it back she got annoyed with me for asking. My wife had finished eating before the ribeye was returned cooked medium well. She had to sit and watch me eat. All in all it was a lousy experience and we will not return.
- Adequate; a bit priceyOenousDined on 7/16/2014Dinner menu is interesting and better than the execution thereof. Dessert menu standard and unimaginative, so did not sample. Still, a pleasant spot with cute and pleasant wait staff, reasonably attentive. Price a bit high for what one gets, but acceptable.Special Features:
- okayGourmetettesVIPDined on 7/16/2014We picked this restaurant from our AAA book that gave it three diamonds. Our soups were good, as I had the she crab soup with extra sherry that the waitress so graciously brought to me. My husband had the soup of the day, white bean soup. For our entrees, my husband ordered the pork porterhouse rare, which he realized was a mistake, since it was tough. I ordered a salad that sounded flavorful with apples and salmon on top, but it was dry and tasteless (other than the salmon). It seems there should have been some extra dressing with this, and we could have asked, but friends had joined us by that time, so we said nothing. Our glass of wine selections were very flavorful, and our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great food moderate to high priceJimZDined on 6/16/2014Server was prompt and paid attention to our needs.Special Features:
- Great brunchGoodeats45Dined on 6/15/2014We had been to Bleu before but not for family brunch. It was perfect. Great food and service and pricing was all spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentASJoelDined on 6/15/2014Food was good. Service was prompt but clumsy. I don't think I've seen more people drop glasses. I've been here a few times and would come back!Special Features:
- BleuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed Bleu. The night we went there were several birthday parties going on, so there was a little bit of extra noise. The service was fine, although the entrees were slow coming out , and no one really checked in on us while we were waiting. The steaks were excellent and the price was very good. Will return for sure.Special Features:
- Great food, service and live musicLuv2dineDined on 6/6/2014This was our 3rd time at Bleu but we brought 4 new people to the restaurant. As usual the food & service was incredible. I highly recommend BleuSpecial Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014I visited the restaurant for the 1st time with a business partner after my son telling me how much he liked it. We were very pleased with the quality of the steaks and the service was great. We will return. Thanks for a great Dinner. ConradSpecial Features:
- excellent experiencepedro88Dined on 5/24/2014Warm ambience, beautifully appointed. Our service was friendly and attentive, food top quality and nicely presented, overall experience very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 279 reviews are from the Bleu Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Don't waste your timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014Went to Bleu hoping to find a neighborhood gem on a Friday evening, but instead we found a dud. Upon entering, I noticed the nice decor with horribly load music and a nearly empty restaurant. The bread served with the meal was stale and nothing special. Both meals were nothing special (it seemed as if the mashed potatoes came from flakes), so we wont be back. I hope the bar makes money, otherwise it wont survive long.
- secret gem of a dining spotTuckedawayDined on 5/23/2014The reason for our visits to Bleu have changed over the years but our expectations and satisfaction have not. Sam and his team are always welcoming. The varied menu satisfies any appetite. The level of attention from the wait staff provides for our needs but does not disrupt our meal. Our guests are always delighted to be introduced to this elegant upscale restaurant tucked away in plain sight. This visit was double date night. Bleu is also a great brunch or lunch destination. Their private room is perfect for meetings with a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a lunch meetingCzSchaeferVIPDined on 5/12/2014For a more upscale experience than other restaurants along Stratford and/or Hanes Mall Blvd, I recommend Bleu Restaurant for lunch. Had a lunch meeting and the food was very good, service was excellent and it wasn't crowded at all. I don't know why I don't think of Bleu more often. After my experience earlier this month, I will be sure to returnSpecial Features:
- 4OVUS4OVUSDined on 5/11/2014Had Reservations on Mothers Day-was seated almost immediately in a booth-very good for conversation for 4. Everyone loved their food. Wait staff great!Special Features:
- Good, but not great.firststreet336Dined on 5/10/2014Blue is always so much better in my memory than in reality, which is why we only go once or twice a year. When we have company in town or a special occasion (in this case, Mother's Day), it always appears on my list of possible restaurants. "The atmosphere is so nice" I think it what masks almost mediocre food and higher-than-they-should-be prices. What didn't suffer this time was service - our waitress was friendly without being annoying and dealt with the one food problem we did have quickly and politely.Special Features:
- 1st ImpressionsRegularGuyDined on 5/9/2014I'm not a food critic. I am a guy who decided to take my wife,and 12 yr old son, to a nice restaurant. I decided to surprise my wife for Mother's Day, she enjoys going to different local places. Again this is nothing more than my honest opinion and personal experience. I went online and made my reservations....recommend that for you guys looking to make a last minute surprise dinner. I made the reservations for a Friday night at 6:30pm. I was amazed at the atmosphere. There was a terrific acoustic singer, the food was wonderful, and they made me feel as if i was a regular customer even though it was my first visit! I highly recommend the BLEU experience. If you want a romantic dinner or just a unique and vibrant meal this is your place!Special Features:
- Ok experienceSallygVIPDined on 4/20/2014Considering it was a holiday, glad we made a reservation. The service was ok, not great. We had to wait a long time for our food, which was served cold.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early brunchEnjoytheweekendDined on 4/20/2014My mom, husband, and son enjoyed an early brunch at Bleu on Easter morning. We arrived at 10:30am, so they had just opened. We waited for a few minutes before our booth was ready. There were very few customers there at that time of the morning and it was very quiet. I ordered a delicious omelet and decaf. The others also ordered off the brunch menu. Everyone enjoyed their food, but all agreed that we were disappointed with the small number of selections. I would eat there again because the food was very good, but probably not for brunch.
- Birthday CelebrationICUTHRELLDined on 4/14/2014Love this place.. the atmosphere and food is excellent !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014This is not my first visit to Bleu. I go as often as I can. The food is always consistently delicious. The manager is so friendly and nice and I have never received anything but the best service. Two of my favorite things are the She Crab soup and the fresh fried okra. Just the best!Special Features:
- Had a great timeAtlasDined on 3/24/2014I took my girlfriend to Bleu on our 1 yr anniversary with the intention of proposing. I spoke with the owner several times before our reservations to make arrangements for different things. It was perfect, my now fiancé said yes. The management did a great job making sure out night was perfect. The wait staff did an excellent job as well to keep checking on is but now to much to where it was interrupting us. I couldn't ask for a better executed evening. I even told the manager as we were leaving the Resteraunt that his staff did an excellent job. I wanted him to know his guys were doing things right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YIKES! First time visitorsNicknameVIPDined on 3/23/2014YIKES! First time visitors to Winston-Salem and this place was recommended to us by a hotel? Turns out there are several good restaurants in the area (Wake Forrest) that we could have gone too. This place is a definite pass!
- Always great food!ccthinkbigDined on 3/21/2014We have been to Bleu many times for both lunch and dinner. The manager is always present and very attentive to his customers and staff. The food is delicious and offered at a very fair price. Our favorites are the Ahi Tuna, Crab/shrimp cakes, and the chocolate torte. Their wine and cocktail list is really good as well. You can't go wrong at Bleu!Special Features:
- Great steak!!AbbyenormalDined on 3/8/2014We had forgotten how good the food at Bleu truly is. My husband said his steak was one of the best he's had in awhile. Will definitely go back sooner!!Special Features:
- Valentine TreatICUTHRELLDined on 2/16/2014I really enjoyed this place. Absolutely a gem within the community. Food excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this time AroundfdbroadstreetDined on 2/15/2014I've been to Bleu multiple times. It's my favorite restaurant in WS, but my experience was not good. Their she crab soup is delicious, but it was served to me cold. Our dinner took forever to get to us. My filet was overcooked and the butter for my lobster was cold. I know it was because it was V Day weekend, but come on. I hope that if it was someone's first visit to Bleu that they didn't have the same experience because they wouldn't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bleu_ Good ExperienceRobRobDined on 2/15/2014My Fiance' and I had a good time. Our waitress was superb. I am still in search of a little more romantic seating. I asked for a booth, but I wasn't happy with the design of their booths. I guess, I just would have liked a little more privacy in my seating. Other than that, the food was good, the price was right, and we had a relatively good time.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Our fifth visit and each time has been as great as the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great for a romantic spotDiner14Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was really great. I wish the waitress would have mentioned the soup and salad was not included in the meal with the steak. That was a surprise at the end of the bill. Phrasing the question, "would you like soup or salad?" should be changed to "would you like to add a soup or salad?" Otherwise it was all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let down-to be fair, was Val's DayFrequentNiceRestaurantsDined on 2/14/2014I have dined at this restaurant multiple times.This trip was for Valentine's day, so the poor food, close quarters to others & moderate service can partially be explained.Though, one would think the opposite should occur for a special occasion such as this (other occasions & word of mouth potential from so many diners).I am a professional & rarely leave comments or rate restaurants, just don't have the time.1.we were literally so close to the other tables to the left & right, that I could reach out & almost touch the other patrons.2. both of our soup& dinner plates were not good at all.I requested a modification of 1 vegetable for another, my server said doubtful because of the occasion?? @$80 for 2 & cant get a simple modification?Oh well.
- BleuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014It was overall a great place. My only complaints are it was cold the whole time and they should broaden their appetizer menu to include some more plain appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SpotTravDined on 2/7/2014Had an early Valentine's Dinner at Bleu. Had the duck with lobster rice. Duck serving was a little small more of a tapas size but had great flavor and the lobster rice was surprising very good. Girlfriend had the shrimp and grits and the shrimp were large and there was 10 or 12. She was very happy and great flavor. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a little disappointingBhcfoodieDined on 2/1/2014Food was good, steak was perfectly cooked and seasoned. Wait staff was attentive, but not spectacular. Manager was there but didn't speak to us. Overall, it was an OK experience, but not one to write home about.Special Features:
- Great Service, but not the foodBenellDined on 1/29/2014We went to celebrate my son's birthday, our waitress was great. The spring rolls and fried calamari appetizers were good,but he food was not great. There were four of us, ordered four different entrees and none us felt the food was great. The filet mignon was tasteless and felt dry. I would not recommend it to a friend or family. By the way, the complimentary pumpkin cheese cake was very much appreciated.Special Features: