Bleu Northeast Seafood
25 Cherry St.
Burlington, VT 05401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Bleu Northeast Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bleuvt.com/
- Phone: 8028648600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am, Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 7:00am - 11:00am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Paine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Join us in our private dining room off of the main dining area. Perfect for parties of up to 8 for special occasions or business related dinners.
- Entertainment: Join us for live music, every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm - 10pm.
- Cross Street: Cherry and Battery
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Bleu offers complimentary valet parking while you dine with us. Enter the main entrance to the Courtayrd Burlington Harbor, and our staff will take care of the rest. If you prefer to self park, the Lake View garage offers two hours complimentary parking, with rates set by the City following two hours. Metered parking on Cherry Street also available.
A word from Bleu Northeast Seafood
At Bleu Northeast Seafood we aim to provide a warm, friendly and refined dining experience in a comfortable and modern setting. We celebrate the connection of Burlington and Lake Champlain to the sea by providing the finest quality regional seafood. While giving a nod to the French heritage of the lake’s namesake we draw influence from the St. Lawrence region as well as the New England coast and the Canadian Maritimes. We work with small purveyors and fishermen to ensure the fish are caught or raised with the most sustainable practices possible. In true Vermont style we also work closely with area farmers and food producers to get the highest quality meat, produce, cheese, and baked goods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bleu Northeast Seafood - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Bleu Northeast Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (35)scenic view (33)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- JonathanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our experience was very good. The food was excellent. My wife thought the mussels were to die for. She also had salmon. I had a fish cake and a mushroom and pasta dish. All very good. Only plemish was the service. It was friendly but inconsistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The best of the best. Reasonable prices, generous portions, and respect for quality product. Obviously fresh seafood complimented with natural flavorings, sea salt, etc. Creative cuisine which doesn't overwhelm the basic essence and true flavors of the fish. There's even a kid's menu! Well worth a visit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014This was our first visit to Blue and we were very pleased with the menu selections. We had a delicious open faced lobster ravioli, oyster's on the half shell, a wild mushroom and truffle pasta, and a wild salmon dish all of which were outstanding. They also advised us that the menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood in Burlington again at lastRichDined on 8/16/2014We have been without a first-quality seafood restaurant for years, but now we have one again. Don't be put off by the fact that it's in a Mariott Hotel. The setting is elegant, and the food is excellent. The restaurant is small, so reservations are a very good idea.Special Features:
- Fine diningGabzouDined on 8/15/2014A gréât location ne air waterfront. Beautiful dining room, élégant. BUT we should have been pleased to eat oysters with a small oyster fork, like in the oester bars we sac before!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Hits and MissesNewLocalsDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is situated in the Courtyard Marriott downtown, and the decor is nice. Throughout our dinner, we saw hotel goers getting on and off the elevator, and the diners adjacent to us were taking photographs. This made for a lackluster dining ambiance. The food took a long time to come out of the kitchen. The papardelle mushroom pasta was absolutely spectacular--creamy, flavorful and delicious. The redfish with risotto was very good, although the portion of fish was extremely small. The heirloom tomatoes on the lobster salad were a frozen, inedible mush. The waitress sort of offered to take it off the bill (without me asking), then asked me to quantify how much of the salad I had eaten. I thought this was in poor taste.
- in a hotelkpriorDined on 8/13/2014I didn't know this place was inside a hotel or probably would have chosen a different place. the food was great, service average, certainly not noteworthy! the bar was wicked loud on the other side of the wall where we were dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative seafood dishesNYfoodieDined on 8/12/2014This was my first time at Bleu and it exceeded my expectations. My wife and I both had the lobster ravioli, which was so tempting we could not bear to split it with each other. There was ample lobster and the fennel was a nice surprise, in place of the normal pasta. The ravioli was on the top and bottom of the dish and was firm and delightful. For appetizers, I enjoyed the mussels, with wonderful sauce, and my wife had the cheese selection -- this is northern Vermont -- and it was delightful. Dessert was the chocolate cake with ice cream and home made whipped cream. As we left, about 7:30, the bar scene was picking up and the tables were mostly full, on a Tuesday night. The decor is modern, with high ceilings and big windows. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yelp didn't helpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We were told about how great Bleu is from a reliable foodie friend... I was dismayed by the negative reviews found on Yelp. Ultimately, I'm glad we ignored Yelp. We had a wonderful meal and lovely time, and the Bill was far lower than the experience warranted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurant!cvalvtDined on 8/8/2014While their seafood is excellent, they do an equally great chicken and steak :). Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen City Gem.AdirondackersDined on 7/26/2014A very pleasant ambiance and excellent service. Servers are attentive to all of the fine dining service details, including promptness, wine selection, and food recommendations. My wife and I have dined at almost all of the Burlington area fine restaurants, and we feel that Bleu comes closest to being a four star restaurant in service and food quality.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Went here on a Friday night and received excellent service but was not overly impressed with the food. It was good but certainly what I expected for this price range.Special Features:
- Decent.VTGreenDined on 7/25/2014I had high hopes for this place. I really wanted to like it. However... 1. The food is okay. Nothing was bad, but in having high hopes, I wanted to be blown away. I was not. The food is average, and the prices are not cheap. Once again, food is not bad, just not great. 2. The ambience is cold...literally. The A/C was blasting. Wear your sweater, and the atmosphere is off - just doesn't feel cozy. 3. Service was nothing exceptional either. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about the place. BUT...there are a lot of options in Burlington. Just saying.Special Features:
- Perfect for seafoodies!LaurielovesfoodDined on 7/25/2014Delicious, fresh, creative seafood, beautifully presented. Other then feeling slightly rushed, the dinner was superb! The redfish and scallops were delicious. Salad and appetizers were wonderful. Ambiance was contemporary and bright, however it was not romantic feeling. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Seafood & Great ServiceSeanGDined on 7/25/2014Overall, we had a great dinner at Bleu: 4 out of 5. Shared apps: classic Caesar salad - not overdressed , delicious whole belly clams (my wife's favorite part of the meal) - not greasy, delicate breading, no grit and a nice veggie/slaw type topping, then Lobster roll on a perfectly buttered/grilled roll for dinner which let the lobster lead (vs. being over-gloppy with mayonnaise, or over-spiced) and the Open Face Lobster Ravioli - with big chunks of Maine lobster, fennel, squid ink pasta, lemon mascarpone. It was very tasty & rich. Kayla was our server - she was outstanding - attentive, involved, real (not over the top fake) and was around just the perfect amount. You won't feel, well... Bleu - if you give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014The food was excellent, the service was courteous and friendly, and the décor was modern, clean, and comfortable. And the food was reasonably priced. We were delighted and felt very fortunate to have discovered such a first-class place in which to dine in Burlington. If there is anything to be critical about, it is the difficulty we had in finding the restaurant. We had the address and are familiar with the area, but had absolutely no clue it is located inside a Marriott Courtyard Hotel, as there is nothing on the outside to so indicate. Fortunately, I had the phone number in my cell phone.Special Features:
- First Time HereBananaSplitsDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I just enjoyed his birthday dinner at Bleu this past weekend. We started with the duck fois gras and lobster salad, both of which were very good. The only thing we would change about the lobster salad would be few less whole basil leaves, but believe me, the plate was clean. My husband also went with the lobster main course and I tried the wild mushroom pappardelle. Both were a bit rich, but not over the top - it was a special occasion after all. We tried the lavender strawberry shortcake for dessert. I'm not sure my husband got much of it...it was the perfect light ending to the meal. The mango margarita is also worth a try. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Fabulous ServiceSHWindandHorsesDined on 7/19/2014We visited Bleu for our anniversary; we were not disappointed. The staff was attentive & welcoming. Oysters & grilled calamari were wonderful. The scallops were some of the finest we have eaten. We will definitely return with our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood4747Dined on 7/18/2014Lots of great seafood options; the scallops were delicious. Everything was slightly heavy on the salt. Service was friendly. We left a purse there and it was cheerfully returned to us intact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The staff was very knowledgable and friendly and helpful. Food was fresh and delicious. I enjoyed the large windows and it was a peaceful and relaxing evening for us.Special Features:
- Worth the visit.Burlingtonvisitor37Dined on 7/9/2014I was in the area visiting family and had read about this restaurant in Yankee magazine. It certainly lived up to the wonderful recommendation that the magazine had given it. Lovely ambiance and wonderful seafood. I would return to Bleu next time I am in Burlington again. The location was close to the lake and we could take a stroll on a beautiful summer evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerCatesDined on 7/5/2014Went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and could not have been happier with the meal we enjoyed - both appetizers (mussels in tomato saffron broth and pate' platter) were absolutely delcious and beautifully presented. I had the homemade papardelle with mushrooms, garlic scapes, pea shoots and flounder - sublime. My husband had lobster on squid ink pasta with mascarpone - sinful. Great service, atmosphere is nice but you still feel like you are in a hotel which is a little unusual for Burlington. However the food makes Bleu well worth the visit - we will return!Special Features:
- Fantastic!sunsinDined on 6/28/2014This was such a delightful surprise. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was equally good. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selection of seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Nice to have a restaurant that offers seafood other than the salmon that shows up at most places. The redfish and the trout special both were good. The fish cake appetizer was a bit heavily fried for my tastes. Excellent chocolate cake. Our server, Evalina, was helpful with selecting the wine and provided excellent overall service.
- Almost excellentRinFDined on 6/27/2014Much of our dinner was great, including an excellent waitperson who willingly replaced my husband's drink order when the drink she recommended didn't fit his taste. I had a solid lobster roll that came with a very nice salad, and my husband enjoyed his red fish. The issue I had was with my mussels, which were SO beautifully presented and made with one of the very best broths I've ever had -- and I get mussels all the time. The mussels themselves were the problem. They were really small, and on a plate of 16 mussels, 3 were totally closed and two others were too close to call, so I left them on the plate. I was surprised that these were plated, and that marred my overall experience.Special Features:
- Upscale Seafood in BurlingtonEnjoyVTFoodDined on 6/25/2014The only good seafood in town before Bleu opened was of the deep-fried variety. I'm happy to say that's changed: we had great mussels, tasty scallops, and all the sides and accompaniments were top-notch. Good service, pleasant atmosphere, large number of wine by the glass choices: altogether a really nice night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Spot in BurlingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014We had a moderate sized party and everyone enjoyed their food. I recommend highly.Special Features:
- Delish!lovefoodinvtDined on 6/17/2014This was our first time at Bleu and we would love to go again! I had the raw oysters and my fiancé had the muscles, both were amazing! He had the surf and turf special which was good (mashed potatoes were to die for, the cut of meat was not fantastic though) but my scallops entree was amazing! I don't recommend the doughnut dilemma dessert though :( the coffee in the caramel made it taste burnt. I wish we'd tried something else. Oh, and the lavender lemonade and mango margarita cocktails were very good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The food is amazing! The staff knowledgable and friendly! Thank you for a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner!!rwhistDined on 6/7/2014Kudos to the Bleu team! Great food & service, though a bit loud due to an excellent jazz band. We wish you success and a long future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Fish, Loud BarjoshFoodieDined on 6/6/2014We cam here because we were in the mood for some good seafood, and that did not disappoint. The food was spot on, and they were some of the best scallops we have had in a while. The Oysters were also a must have if you are looking for a good starter. The only downside was that the bar shares a wall with the restaurant and some loud patrons there made it hard to enjoy the meal at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No attention to detailAMQVTDined on 6/1/2014Started with ok oysters on the half shell I've never seen them served over the same ice cubes that is used for drinks. The foie gras pate was nothing spectacular. The Martini was mediocre, glass way to big and warm, olive straight out of a jar. Entree was red fish with brown butter caper sauce over wilted spinach and ramp risotto. Terrible. The way-to-salty-pungent fish pan seared so fast the skin curled onto itself, the filets were very small and uninspired. The wilted baby spinach was good, anything with butter really. The ramp risotto - ugly, green gooey texture doesn't go well with fish... and, ramps are no longer in season. My wife had a warm lobster roll? any shack in Bar Harbor can make it and serves it cold. Save your $.Special Features:
- fab dinner before tony bennett102bleuDined on 5/31/2014we made dinner reservations here after seeing the chef do a cooking segment on wcax tv. our reservation was for 5:30 and we were seated right then. server, kayla and all the service staff we encountered were very helpful without being at our side constantly. delicious marinated olives with herbs and orange were brought to our table soon after we were seated. the bread was warm and yummy. our apps of oysters on the half and fish cake came timely and nicely presented. dinner of pan seared red fish and seafood lasagna were perfect in both presentation and flavor. pot de creme chocolate to finish was of the same caliber. a nice little gem in a gem of a setting with friendly, warm service...great staff all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bleu for twomrae2014Dined on 5/29/2014This nite out was for the occasion of our 21st wedding anniversary and we have wanted to try this new restaurant 'Bleu Northeast Seafood".The resturant was atractively decorated and even though it was in close proximity to the bar, there was enough separation to limit the noise factor. The food was excelant and the service was exceptional, freindly but profeional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lake views, foodJentheHenDined on 5/24/2014We wanted to try out this new restaurant in Burlington and were pleased with the ambiance, views of Lake Champlain and food quality. The redfish and pappardelle with flounder were especially excellent, the lobster roll didn't stand out.Special Features:
- Nice findluv2tasteDined on 5/24/2014New restaurant in the area, wasn't sure when seeing it was located in a hotel but was pleasantly surprised. Nice ambience, we went on the earlier side 6:15 and the acoustics were fine. The bread delicious and complimentary olives that were tasty. I ordered the raw oysters which were fresh and delicious. The scallops were very tasty, the pea mixture they were served on was a bit crunchy for my taste. Overall, I was pleased and would recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014Fabulous mussels, fresh delicious salads. Wait staff attentive. Great location.Special Features:
- ExcellentHBFoodieDined on 5/14/2014Burlington has been in need of a upscale seafood restaurant for years, Bleu hit this one out of the park. The space is beautiful, chairs are comfortable, tables are good sized. Food was absolutely delicious! Service was professional and knowledgeable. I recommend the Salmon Chowder and Spring Pea Pappardelle with Flounder. As for desserts Andrew's Opera Cake and Pot de Creme are not to be missed. I'm looking forward to my next trip!Special Features:
- So SoYankfan1213Dined on 5/14/2014For the price the food was rather bland. Don't think I would go there again, since there are so many better restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Bleu Northeast Seafood reviews archive.