Bleu Northeast Seafood
25 Cherry St.
Burlington, VT 05401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Bleu Northeast Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bleuvt.com/
- Phone: 8028648600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:00am, Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: 7:00am - 11:00am
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Doug Paine
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Join us in our private dining room off of the main dining area. Perfect for parties of up to 8 for special occasions or business related dinners.
- Entertainment: Join us for live music, every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm - 10pm.
- Cross Street: Cherry and Battery
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Bleu offers complimentary valet parking while you dine with us. Enter the main entrance to the Courtayrd Burlington Harbor, and our staff will take care of the rest. If you prefer to self park, the Lake View garage offers two hours complimentary parking, with rates set by the City following two hours. Metered parking on Cherry Street also available.
A word from Bleu Northeast Seafood
At Bleu Northeast Seafood we aim to provide a warm, friendly and refined dining experience in a comfortable and modern setting. We celebrate the connection of Burlington and Lake Champlain to the sea by providing the finest quality regional seafood. While giving a nod to the French heritage of the lake’s namesake we draw influence from the St. Lawrence region as well as the New England coast and the Canadian Maritimes. We work with small purveyors and fishermen to ensure the fish are caught or raised with the most sustainable practices possible. In true Vermont style we also work closely with area farmers and food producers to get the highest quality meat, produce, cheese, and baked goods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bleu Northeast Seafood - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Bleu Northeast Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (40)romantic (32)scenic view (32)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (13)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Well prepared food, though a little heavy on some of the seasonings. Generous portions. Nice atmosphere and was reasonably priced meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014The reviews made the food taste better. Iwas hosting a birthday dinner and although the waitress was really lovely the food was a big disppointment.
- It's a great restaurant !LETSGOSAILINGDined on 9/18/2014Celebrated a birthday party with my family. Loved the food, the service and the ambiance. The management and staff realy care and the review app here is the final evidence to that. Thank you Blue for being do great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissappointedlikegoodserviceDined on 9/13/2014My Wife and I had been looking forward to trying Bleu and so made reservations with another couple for Saturday night. The ambience was great -high ceilings, large windows, open and airy, yet intimate and I did feel crowed in. The service was quite good and the staff friendly, if a little inexperienced. Drinks, seafood choweder, Bleu & Greens Salad were first rate... the entree's unfortunately were the what provided the bit of disappointment. The cast iron seared scallops and Wild Mushroom Pappardelle were very good, but the halibut special I had was flavorful but overcooked and one member of our party found the Lake Champlain Perch "unedible". -Still, all in all, I will likely give Bleu another chance at some point down the road.
- DiasppointingChi2VTDined on 9/5/2014Maybe we just ordered wrong, but the Caesar salad was dressed in a watery lemon vinegrette with none of the richness of egg in a Classic Caesar and the anchovy and parmesan shavings just weren't enough to make up for it. The perch was simply terrible. Lovely delicate sweet perch fillets smothered in a coarse heavy cornmeal coating -- it was like eating a corn dog, but even heavier and crunchier. Amazing that the chef in a restaurant that bills itself as a seafood restaurant wouldn't respect such a lovely light protein.Special Features:
- Great family dinner, once foundoldwoodboatsDined on 9/1/2014Remarkable seafood this far inland, particular the halibut special. Would have liked to try the local perch too. The listing failed to note that Bleu is tucked into the ground floor of the Courtyard hotel and desk clerk was alarmed to find the sign missing when asked about it after we circled for a while. The free valet parking was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Burlington!MarKevVIPDined on 8/31/2014My husband & I were visiting Burlington for a long weekend. The reviews for this restaurant made me want to have dinner here. So glad for those reviews!! And thank you! We got there a little early & the nice host asked if we could wait for a few minutes because he had a special table reserved for us, & it was still occupied. No problem we thought. Not more than 10 mins later, he took us to our table. And yes it was special as we were able to watch the beautiful sunset. My husband ordered redfish (which he enjoyed), and I had the most incredible meal in such a long time, open-face lobster ravioli! OMG...1 1/4 lb of pure succulent lobster meat! Simply to die for! Service, excellent! And a special thank you to the nice host!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Foodie-Quality but DecentDineIn802Dined on 8/31/2014Far less praise-worthy than the reviews would indicate. Wait staff was not nearly as knowledgeable or professional as you find at a true pro restaurant like H.O.W. Waitress didn't seem to want to be there. Seafood chowder-a bit gummy, lacked briny flavor-hallmark of any good chowder. Belly clams also lacked that fresh, briny flavor you get at a clam shack in Ipswich, MA or the Cape. Lobster ravioli pasta FAR too thick. Unpleasant, chewy, match for a tender meat like lobster. Lobster overcooked, chewy and sauce lacked brothy seafood flavor. Mushroom papparadelle was o.k. but $10 add-on flounder-limp, anemic micro-thin filet that had no color. Bleu and Green salad good. Smoked bluefish cakes were outstanding. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- DisappointedAllenDined on 8/31/2014made reservation for 11AM. Arrived and told the chef needs to take rest. No call or alert received... very disappointed
- Mediocre DinnerBTVfoodieDined on 8/29/2014We had high hopes for this new seafood restaurant. The service was fine and ambiance was nice, but the food was very mediocre. The seafood (scallops, octopus, redfish) seemed cooked very well in my opinion, but the flavoring was off. Everything was either too salty (chowder) or too bland (all of the sides, including the risotto and the lentil side.)
- SHWindandHorsesSHWindandHorsesDined on 8/29/2014We had a great dining experience at Bleu. Kayla gave us excellent service and was friendly and helped us with our food selections. She suggested the halibut special and 3 out of 4 of us ordered it and loved it. Simply delicious (I liked the grilled leak too). My favorite: oysters! Very nice presentation on all the food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner in BurlingtonPadraicDined on 8/28/2014I've dined at Bleu twice now and both times the food has been excellent, the service friendly and experience superb. The seafood chowder may be the best I've had and I've had a lot of it all over the world.Special Features:
- overpricedMisterNiceReviewDined on 8/28/2014the squid appetizer at $13 had 4 pieces of squid on a bed of corn and a few other items. Way over priced. I had the seafood special. Clams and mussels over Vermont made pasta. Three little clams, 7 small mussels. Pasta came out as on gloppy, stuck together mess. I didn't complain at the time because I was someone's guest. Free parking was nice but I'd take my restaurant dollar elsewhere.
- JonathanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Our experience was very good. The food was excellent. My wife thought the mussels were to die for. She also had salmon. I had a fish cake and a mushroom and pasta dish. All very good. Only plemish was the service. It was friendly but inconsistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafoodgrateful4bleuDined on 8/23/2014The best of the best. Reasonable prices, generous portions, and respect for quality product. Obviously fresh seafood complimented with natural flavorings, sea salt, etc. Creative cuisine which doesn't overwhelm the basic essence and true flavors of the fish. There's even a kid's menu! Well worth a visit!Special Features:
- Dining in styleValerieDined on 8/23/2014The service was amazingly friendly and professionnal. I was pleasantly surprised by the exquisite menu. The food was delicious and I had a wonderful time. If you like seafood, this is the perfect place to try new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unhappy with the mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I found the website was absolutely stunning until I got there. The dress code was too casual and the service were a bit slow when asked about the menu and specials. The dinner was greasy and overcooked. Our bill was ridiculous overpriced. I didn't enjoy it one bit and would never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014This was our first visit to Blue and we were very pleased with the menu selections. We had a delicious open faced lobster ravioli, oyster's on the half shell, a wild mushroom and truffle pasta, and a wild salmon dish all of which were outstanding. They also advised us that the menu changes with the seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood in Burlington again at lastRichDined on 8/16/2014We have been without a first-quality seafood restaurant for years, but now we have one again. Don't be put off by the fact that it's in a Mariott Hotel. The setting is elegant, and the food is excellent. The restaurant is small, so reservations are a very good idea.Special Features:
- Fine diningGabzouDined on 8/15/2014A gréât location ne air waterfront. Beautiful dining room, élégant. BUT we should have been pleased to eat oysters with a small oyster fork, like in the oester bars we sac before!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some Hits and MissesNewLocalsDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant is situated in the Courtyard Marriott downtown, and the decor is nice. Throughout our dinner, we saw hotel goers getting on and off the elevator, and the diners adjacent to us were taking photographs. This made for a lackluster dining ambiance. The food took a long time to come out of the kitchen. The papardelle mushroom pasta was absolutely spectacular--creamy, flavorful and delicious. The redfish with risotto was very good, although the portion of fish was extremely small. The heirloom tomatoes on the lobster salad were a frozen, inedible mush. The waitress sort of offered to take it off the bill (without me asking), then asked me to quantify how much of the salad I had eaten. I thought this was in poor taste.
- in a hotelkpriorDined on 8/13/2014I didn't know this place was inside a hotel or probably would have chosen a different place. the food was great, service average, certainly not noteworthy! the bar was wicked loud on the other side of the wall where we were dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative seafood dishesNYfoodieDined on 8/12/2014This was my first time at Bleu and it exceeded my expectations. My wife and I both had the lobster ravioli, which was so tempting we could not bear to split it with each other. There was ample lobster and the fennel was a nice surprise, in place of the normal pasta. The ravioli was on the top and bottom of the dish and was firm and delightful. For appetizers, I enjoyed the mussels, with wonderful sauce, and my wife had the cheese selection -- this is northern Vermont -- and it was delightful. Dessert was the chocolate cake with ice cream and home made whipped cream. As we left, about 7:30, the bar scene was picking up and the tables were mostly full, on a Tuesday night. The decor is modern, with high ceilings and big windows. Go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yelp didn't helpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We were told about how great Bleu is from a reliable foodie friend... I was dismayed by the negative reviews found on Yelp. Ultimately, I'm glad we ignored Yelp. We had a wonderful meal and lovely time, and the Bill was far lower than the experience warranted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood restaurant!cvalvtDined on 8/8/2014While their seafood is excellent, they do an equally great chicken and steak :). Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queen City Gem.AdirondackersDined on 7/26/2014A very pleasant ambiance and excellent service. Servers are attentive to all of the fine dining service details, including promptness, wine selection, and food recommendations. My wife and I have dined at almost all of the Burlington area fine restaurants, and we feel that Bleu comes closest to being a four star restaurant in service and food quality.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Went here on a Friday night and received excellent service but was not overly impressed with the food. It was good but certainly what I expected for this price range.Special Features:
- Decent.VTGreenDined on 7/25/2014I had high hopes for this place. I really wanted to like it. However... 1. The food is okay. Nothing was bad, but in having high hopes, I wanted to be blown away. I was not. The food is average, and the prices are not cheap. Once again, food is not bad, just not great. 2. The ambience is cold...literally. The A/C was blasting. Wear your sweater, and the atmosphere is off - just doesn't feel cozy. 3. Service was nothing exceptional either. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about the place. BUT...there are a lot of options in Burlington. Just saying.Special Features:
- Perfect for seafoodies!LaurielovesfoodDined on 7/25/2014Delicious, fresh, creative seafood, beautifully presented. Other then feeling slightly rushed, the dinner was superb! The redfish and scallops were delicious. Salad and appetizers were wonderful. Ambiance was contemporary and bright, however it was not romantic feeling. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Seafood & Great ServiceSeanGDined on 7/25/2014Overall, we had a great dinner at Bleu: 4 out of 5. Shared apps: classic Caesar salad - not overdressed , delicious whole belly clams (my wife's favorite part of the meal) - not greasy, delicate breading, no grit and a nice veggie/slaw type topping, then Lobster roll on a perfectly buttered/grilled roll for dinner which let the lobster lead (vs. being over-gloppy with mayonnaise, or over-spiced) and the Open Face Lobster Ravioli - with big chunks of Maine lobster, fennel, squid ink pasta, lemon mascarpone. It was very tasty & rich. Kayla was our server - she was outstanding - attentive, involved, real (not over the top fake) and was around just the perfect amount. You won't feel, well... Bleu - if you give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014The food was excellent, the service was courteous and friendly, and the décor was modern, clean, and comfortable. And the food was reasonably priced. We were delighted and felt very fortunate to have discovered such a first-class place in which to dine in Burlington. If there is anything to be critical about, it is the difficulty we had in finding the restaurant. We had the address and are familiar with the area, but had absolutely no clue it is located inside a Marriott Courtyard Hotel, as there is nothing on the outside to so indicate. Fortunately, I had the phone number in my cell phone.Special Features:
- First Time HereBananaSplitsDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I just enjoyed his birthday dinner at Bleu this past weekend. We started with the duck fois gras and lobster salad, both of which were very good. The only thing we would change about the lobster salad would be few less whole basil leaves, but believe me, the plate was clean. My husband also went with the lobster main course and I tried the wild mushroom pappardelle. Both were a bit rich, but not over the top - it was a special occasion after all. We tried the lavender strawberry shortcake for dessert. I'm not sure my husband got much of it...it was the perfect light ending to the meal. The mango margarita is also worth a try. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Fabulous ServiceSHWindandHorsesDined on 7/19/2014We visited Bleu for our anniversary; we were not disappointed. The staff was attentive & welcoming. Oysters & grilled calamari were wonderful. The scallops were some of the finest we have eaten. We will definitely return with our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty seafood4747Dined on 7/18/2014Lots of great seafood options; the scallops were delicious. Everything was slightly heavy on the salt. Service was friendly. We left a purse there and it was cheerfully returned to us intact.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasantFoodieDined on 7/15/2014The staff was very knowledgable and friendly and helpful. Food was fresh and delicious. I enjoyed the large windows and it was a peaceful and relaxing evening for us.Special Features:
- Worth the visit.Burlingtonvisitor37Dined on 7/9/2014I was in the area visiting family and had read about this restaurant in Yankee magazine. It certainly lived up to the wonderful recommendation that the magazine had given it. Lovely ambiance and wonderful seafood. I would return to Bleu next time I am in Burlington again. The location was close to the lake and we could take a stroll on a beautiful summer evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerCatesDined on 7/5/2014Went there to celebrate our wedding anniversary and could not have been happier with the meal we enjoyed - both appetizers (mussels in tomato saffron broth and pate' platter) were absolutely delcious and beautifully presented. I had the homemade papardelle with mushrooms, garlic scapes, pea shoots and flounder - sublime. My husband had lobster on squid ink pasta with mascarpone - sinful. Great service, atmosphere is nice but you still feel like you are in a hotel which is a little unusual for Burlington. However the food makes Bleu well worth the visit - we will return!Special Features:
- Fantastic!sunsinDined on 6/28/2014This was such a delightful surprise. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was equally good. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selection of seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Nice to have a restaurant that offers seafood other than the salmon that shows up at most places. The redfish and the trout special both were good. The fish cake appetizer was a bit heavily fried for my tastes. Excellent chocolate cake. Our server, Evalina, was helpful with selecting the wine and provided excellent overall service.
- Almost excellentRinFDined on 6/27/2014Much of our dinner was great, including an excellent waitperson who willingly replaced my husband's drink order when the drink she recommended didn't fit his taste. I had a solid lobster roll that came with a very nice salad, and my husband enjoyed his red fish. The issue I had was with my mussels, which were SO beautifully presented and made with one of the very best broths I've ever had -- and I get mussels all the time. The mussels themselves were the problem. They were really small, and on a plate of 16 mussels, 3 were totally closed and two others were too close to call, so I left them on the plate. I was surprised that these were plated, and that marred my overall experience.Special Features: