47-04 Vernon Blvd.
Long Island City, NY 11101Neighborhood:
Long Island City
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blendlic.com/
- Phone: 7187292800x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Executive Chef: Kelvin Fernandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: visit our website www.blendlic.com to see our catering menu..
- Special Events: We have Happy Hour everyday from 4-7.
Monday is Happy Hour all day.
Tuesday 2 for 1 Mojitos.
Wednesday we offer pitchers of red or white Sangria for $15.
Thursday all of our Signature cocktails are available for only $5.
A word from Blend
Blend is a Latin Fusion restaurant incorporating dishes and flavors from Latin American Countries. Our dimly lit romantic environment makes us a perfect place to have a night out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blend reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (7)romantic (6)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good things come in small packagesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The inside is small. Not for the claustrophobic. The food was tasty. Well seasoned. The portion of rice and beans are small, especially the beans. We were seated right away although we arrived early for our reservation. We tried the white sangria which was okay but weak and tasted more like juice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGMickeyDined on 8/24/2014Great food. Excellent service and drinks. Definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No noise is good noiseUncleAlDined on 8/1/2014Could not believe the sound levels reached in this new, waterfront hot spot. Thank heaven you can choose to eat outside on a beautiful waterfront deck where you can hear yourself talk. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and even though people were standing in line to get in, no one rushed us at all. Waitress was very friendly and helpful and recommended wonderful entrees. The Mac N Cheese appetizer made with pepper jack cheese was awesome and the lamb shank and skirt skate main courses were big hits. I will be back to sample more of their menu and the prices are really moderate($15-$23 entrees)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFrankVIPDined on 7/21/2014Kayla provided excellent service and education about Latin American food. She added a lot to our dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATPeteCheeksDined on 7/9/2014made a reservation but for the wrong location. Instead of the near the LIC boardwalk like i had wanted, I made a reservation for the other Blend inside LIC. No problem at all. I called and told them my situation and they gladly accommodated me. Great place, young and hip. Lots of groups celebrating various special occasions. Appetizer menu was great. Dinner was great. Try the skirt steak. Mojitos were made a little sweet but still very good. Menus light up and obviously every woman loves taking fun pics at nice restaurants. That was a winner. Nice bar scene. Nothing can compare to the view of course. Great city view from inside and outside the restaurant. Overall 4.5 out of 5.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Blend reviews archive.
- Just Go!KrisDined on 6/9/2014Blend is my go-to place when I want to grab a quick bite and a good drink. This time around, we went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Granted, our visit was on a Monday night. So, we basically had the place to ourselves. The waitress went above and beyond to take care of us. The highlight of our night was when my daughter was surprised with her b'day cake. Thanks for accommodating us and for giving her such a great experience!Special Features:
- Great for celebrationsbklynfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Went here for a birthday dinner and the staff were very accomodating to my last minute changes. The ambiance was very nice. The food was great however the feedback I got from my guests was that the portions were too small particularly for a Latin restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good latin foodJJJ3Dined on 4/23/2014Nice restaurant with a nice menu at reasonable pricing. Table service was excellent and very helpful. Got the story behind the restaurant as well. The place where the restaurant is situated is not very nice but it was very friendly. Strangely enough my booking through open twble didn't go through to the restaurant but they sorted a tavle very quickly anyway so it was absolutely no problem.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!!! Went toMilliganDined on 3/9/2014Wonderful place!!! Went to celebrate my dad's birthday and had a great time!! Will repeat for another occasion for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time!!!LadydefyDined on 2/15/2014Me & my boyfriend came here to celebrate Valentine's weekend. It's a small place however it was very cozy & well decorated . Drinks were amazing and the food was very flavorful and well prepared. I had the churrasco with rice & beans, it was delicious I ate everything!!!! My boyfriend had the ropa vieja with rice & beans and it was also delightful. For appetizer we had the chicken mofongo which we shared, it was very good we loved it!!! They had Spanish music playing in the background which was nice. The service was good. The only not so good thing I have to say was there were multiple groups celebrating birthdays which were way too loud... It was hard at times to have a conversation but after they left it was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for the price!Chachi1877Dined on 2/1/2014Small and energetic...food was tasty. Sangria was a little weak but delicious. Nice place for a girls night!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014I came for my birthday, overall had a good time, the food was good and so were the drinks. The only complaint and others had the same one is that they had a really loud, obnoxious group and no one ever said anything to them, and other patrons were looking at them. So distracting and annoying!!Special Features:
- ONCE AND FUTURE DAYPASCUALDined on 1/17/2014THE DRINKS WERE PERFECTLY BLENDED. THE MENU TEASED YOUR SENSES. THE FOOD MORE THAN SATISFIED YOUR TASTE BUDS. THE COFFEE AND PUDDING WAS AN EXCLAMATION POINT TO THE WHOLE DINNER EXPERIENCE. BY THE WAY, THE SERVICE WAS THEIR WHEN NEEDED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatcolombiana201Dined on 1/11/2014I have been interested in going to this restaurant for months now. I finally got the chance to go and I fell in love with it. Everything was great, definitely a place you want to go for like a date, or family time. I am definitely returning, next stop. Blend on the water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was not very pleasant .OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Food was great , the only upside down the waitress could of been more pleasant. Her attitude was not very friendly , Otherwise the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/29/2013The food was delicious and the service was really great. I will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Lucy2001VIPDined on 11/24/2013Empanada sampler was excellent. Fillings in each of the empanadas were delicious. My boyfriend and I had the pernil and arroz con pollo and both dishes were delicious! Service was great and staff is very friendly. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Chefs SpecialfoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2013If you have the chance to try the Chefs Special go for it! It was probably the best thing i tasted that day.... Drinks were amazing and we even got to meet the chef. Cant wait for the new restaurant to openSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sopes Sopes SopesfoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2013I Have always been a fan of blend.. But now that Chef Kelvin is apart of there team i can not wait to see what he has in store. I had to try his Crispy Sopes. The flavor was insane. I wanted to order another one thats how good it was! Please open up Blend on the Water asap. So everyone can try his amazing food! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday DinnerDianaSanchezVIPDined on 10/5/2013Had a wonderful meal here last week with my husband. Chef Kelvin came out and said hello to our table and even let us try one of the new menu items they're working on. He's so wonderful. The new Management/Staff is AMAZING. After our first visit we didn't think we'd be coming back, but this visit left a wonderful experience ! Totally love that the empanadas are the only hot buns in the kitchen too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been to blend severalKathyODined on 10/4/2013Have been to blend several times and food is was great. The food is even better now that chef Kelvin has joined Blend. Looking forward to the opening of the new location.Special Features:
- GEMNYCGOMOVIPDined on 9/4/2013The food is consistently fresh and delicious. The empanadas are "to die for". The empanadas sampler is a great value. The drinks are flavourful & well priced. You really can't go wrong with The Blend. Great neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BlendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013I love coming to Blend. It is a quiet spot which is nice because you can have an intimate dinner, but still big enough to not feel cramped. I love the tacos they make. They are so fresh. I always order the skirt steak which is delicious and the flan is really food too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EateryMV26Dined on 8/10/2013Menu is kind of limited but what they have is pretty good. The blend of Spanish food and twist on some traditional plates is very welcome. Good food and great flow in restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blend LICNatalieDined on 7/27/2013Best little Latin Fusion spot in LIC! Great decorum and vibe. Drinks were good as well.Special Features:
- Fusion Fun in A Hot New HoodKittyKatDined on 7/19/2013Walking into Blend - the atmosphere strikes you. This is a fun and lively place without being deafening. YOu just know the food and the drinks are going to add to that easy going Latin feel. THe wait staff were all genuine and awesome. The mojitos were very good and the food tasted real and was hot (fresh), but just don't think its classic fine dining. It's a casual menu, in a great neighborhood with the major bonus of parking availability. I really recommend this spot as a fun place to hang with friends for drinks and fun foods, or someone special. Would def return.Special Features:
- Great food, good pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013Had a great meal at Blend. The calamari with plantains was delicious, also had an empanada, guacamole, pernil and yucca. It was all good, though the pork was not quite as good as I wanted it to be. Drinks were very reasonably priced. All in all a good meal and I definitely will return.
- Trendy yet reasonably pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2013The tapas were a nice blend of Central American and Caribbean dishes. I only wish there were more green vegetables but unfortunately that is a part of our culture! I'd like to go back and check out the brunch. The mojitos were amazing.Special Features:
- This is my second time goingKrisDined on 4/6/2013This is my second time going to Blend. The place is not that big to begin with. Yet, they should have reservations down pat. The girl who was taking care of reservations had us waiting by the bar (w/ no more chairs available) for a good 15 mintues until "our" table cleared when there was more than enough empty tables for us to seat in and have dinner. We had a 8:30 p.m. A party of 13 people got seated before us (3 ppl)- huh? Blend really needs to get it together with the seating arrangements. The first time I went there, there was also a problem with gettig a table. I cannot complain about the food. The food was good but even if the food is good, if the service is bad, you really think twice about going back.
- Food was good, service wasSheShe1Dined on 2/15/2013Food was good, service was okay. Been to Blend twice I suppose you should come to eat early because at 8 pm they had run out of yellow rice and the second time they had no flan or chocolate cake and that was at 7pm. But overall I recommend the restaurant if you want good Latin food and I will be going back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem! Great latinOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2013Neighborhood Gem! Great latin cuisine with wonderful happy hour specials! Mofongo absolutley delish! This is a restaurant that will pleasantly surprise you.Special Features:
- Love coming to Blend! FestiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2013Love coming to Blend! Festive food is always tasty.Special Features:
- Food was good. Small desertMickeyDined on 1/4/2013Food was good. Small desert selection, I expected more. However, service excellent.Special Features:
- If you love Pernil as muchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2012If you love Pernil as much as I do you must go to Blend!Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourLeenieDDined on 8/3/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Blend. The atmosphere was quaint and quiet. The food was authentic Lating Fusion; the ultimate comfort food. Can't wait to go back and try other dishes. The Service was excellent, as well.Special Features:
- Good overall, but very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2012Good overall, but very slow bar and inconsistent cocktails.Special Features:
- We arrived to find that despiteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012We arrived to find that despite our reservation, there was no table. However, the manager sent us to the bar for a round of free drinks, and by then our table was ready. The food was AMAZING! We had a few appetizers and then shared all of our entrees because we couldn't commit to one dish each. Definitely try the appetizer sampler, the corn, the green plantain mash, for entrees we had paella, arroz con pollo - everything was so good. My dad called the manager over twice to tell him how wonderful the food was. And he is a tough crowd.Special Features:
- Will not go back!MassimoDined on 4/13/2012The Sangria was warm, the appitizers were greasy. The cuban sandwich was good but also greasy. The staff was freindly. The food was more like your Midtown all night food joint rather than the quality restaurant that is portrayed. There are some really good restaurants in the area, this one will need to step up. The decor was really nice but everything else did not coordinate with what the restaurant looked like. The bar selection was horrible, I ordered a Makers Mark which they did not have and had to reselect from a shuffle of bottles. The waiters were not uniform, one was wearing baggy jeans and sneakers. I left feeling like I threw my money away...Thank goodness we had only appetizers and drinks.
- Uncooked riceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Served uncook rice, better off going to your local spanish restaurant for a juice steak & onions for $8 well worth it then to eat blends steak. White sangria was amazing barely any alcohol though.Special Features: