Blend on Main
152 Main Street
Manasquan, NJ 08736Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Blend on Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://blendonmain.com/
- Phone: 732-223-0030x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11:30 - 2:30
Tuesday through Thursday 5:00 - 9:30
Friday 5:00 - 10:00
Saturday 5:00 - 10:00
Sunday 4:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Lou Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Catering: On Site or Off Site Catering & Event Planning
If you’re considering choosing us to provide the food on your big day, thank you. We promise to put as much care and love into the preparation of the food for your event as you have into planning the rest of the occasion. We understand you want everything to be perfect and that’s a good thing, because we do too.
A word from Blend on Main
Located in Manasquan, NJ 08736Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Blend on Main - Best Restaurants in Manasquan ›
Blend on Main reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (44)good for groups (32)romantic (26)hot spot (13)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great dining at the shorejerseyboyDined on 9/20/2014Blend served another great dinner for our party of 4! On the pricey side but BYOB makes it a good dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatNarfDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed all meals. Scallops, salmon, crab cakes were wonderful. We also shared a flatbread appetizer.Special Features:
- At LastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The menu is diverse. It makes you want to return again to try something new We had the calamari appetizer. Not only was it delicious, but the presentation was playful. The Blend salad was the perfect size and also delicious. My entree was the black squid ink linguini w/clams in a light sauce. Delicious! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Outshines ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014As in the past, the food at Blend was great. The room is very inviting, and our server was cordial and professional and all of the staff, from the hostess to the bussers were polite. However, as in our past experience at Blend, the service is not, and should be, in my opinion, as stellar as the food. There is a fine line between good table maintenance and "rushing" the guest. Unfortunately,they clear away plates before everyone has finished eating. Additionally, the busser took all of the bread away, including the piece I was eating after the appetizer course and removed my used fork from my plate and put it back on the table, a faux pas, for sure. The food at Blend is very good and should be supported by great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Upon arrival, was told we did not have a reservation. We had been called by the restaurant that afternoon to confirm, yet we were given a difficult time until the owner gave us a table. But the food was very good as was the service.Special Features:
- Just terrificStewgotzDined on 9/11/2014I took my wife here for wha I hoped would be a special meal. This restaurant fired on all cylinders. The setting with the fireplace was beautiful. The service given us by Tina was outstanding. And the food was absolutely to die for. And better yet, the restaurant is a BYOB. I'm a 60 year old guy who likes fine wine and great food. That means I have 60years worth of meals to compare this to. This meal was way up there. The chef came out and spoke with us as well. Real nice guy who you can tell cares about his craft. Don't miss out. Go here and enjoy. Try the crabcakes. DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Rediscovering a neighborhood gemLainer105Dined on 9/4/2014This was our first visit to Blend on Main since it previously housed another restaurant. The Asian Calamari starter was outstanding! Our main courses consisted of the pan seared scallops which melted in your mouth, as well as an evening special, veal chop parm. What made our dinner even better was the delicious bottle of wine that we shared, this is a BYOB. The major complaint that we had was the noise level in the main dining area. There was a table of 12 women celebrating a birthday. With a group this large they should be put in the back of the dining area or in the side room off the entrance. Once they left the atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:
- great food and servicemanasquancoupleDined on 8/31/2014Although I've never ordered an entree meal here, I love the appetizers of California and Italian flatbreads, lobster mac-n-cheese, calamari and the delectable ahi tuna tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Front of house is very inexperienced and unprofessional. Had no idea of what ws happenng. reservation results- was the worst table possible and absolutely no one even attempted to address that concern. Manager did not address the issue and could not even make eye contact very poor preformanceSpecial Features:
- ill-conceived , unauthentic dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Despite very good service, and lovely premises, the food here is not what I expected. The salad was way out of balance with too much vinegar, on ordinary field greens. The disappointing panzanella was a regular green salad, with no tomato, few vegetables, and a few hard croutons thrown in, not the olive oil soaked bread I expected. A delicious seared salmon was badly paired with strawberries and blackberries, and the subtlety of the crab cakes (all high quality crab meat) was ruined by a very rich cream sauce that was incorporatd into the crab, rather than served on the side. Perhaps I ordered the wrong dishes, but I will not be returning.
- Enjoyable evening dining @ Blend.BabsDined on 8/29/2014We met friends on Saturday evening and enjoyed a delicious dinner at Blend. Will return and recommend the restaurant to other friends and family!Special Features:
- DisappointedJoeyTDined on 8/29/2014Expected more but didn't live up to. Service was the worst part.... Got deserts without getting silverware....Got app with soupy base but no spoon to eat it with...Had to flag waitress down to give order....Had to flag waitress down to get check. All this and not very busy. Food was overpriced...$29 for pasta with clams, which was not very good?
- Bland BlendLuv2eatDined on 8/27/2014Heard many great things about Blend but our experience was just okay.Asian calamari was very unique & tasty but not hot enough. mushroom fricassee was fabulous. Heard crab cakes were great but ours were bland, under cooked & lacking lumps of crab. The finely shredded crab just not that good. There wasn't a lot of breading/filler which was one good thing. scallops looked like they were seared well, but they needed to be hotter. They were not sweet & had very little flavor. Thankfully The slight drizzle of sauce, which was tasty, completely eclipsed the flavorless scallops. flour-less chocolate cake was delicious. recommend the appetizers & dessert but the entrees were very disappointing. Not sure if we'll give Blend 2nd chance.Special Features:
- The best there is!Van15Dined on 8/24/2014Everything about Blend is perfect. The hostess, the servers, the food, the people who dine there are all just wonderful. We went for a late lunch on a Sunday for our anniversary and they couldn't have been nicer. We had fresh clams on the half shell to start, then we ordered the roasted chicken , which was perfection and soft shell crab sandwich. Both were delicious. We treated ourselves to onion rings which were also perfectly done. The restaurant is BYOB so it is a BIG savings. It is our to go place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was our first time at this restaurant. It was recommended by a resident of Manasquan. The ambience was very good. For appetizers we had the Mediteranean Salad with figs and white anchovies. It was so delicious. My boyfriend had the Wild Mushroom Fricasse - it was excellent as well. For dinner we had the filet mignon which melted in your mouth and the scallop risotto. Scallops were perfect and the risotto not sticky - it was fluffy and made soooooo good. I have to say we will definitely be back to try other items on the menu. Their specials are worth trying. Thank you Chef Lou for coming around to each table checking on how we liked everything. I like that.Special Features:
- a neighborhood gemmanasquancoupleDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I always have our wedding anniversary, birthday and Valentine Day dinners at Blend. We usually order small or tapas meals. Highly recommend the calamari and ahi tuna tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandigJPCsfVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have been back several times since they opened. The food and service are consistently outstanding. The ahi tuna taco was excellent and shrimp and grits was cooked to perfection. My better half had the Mac and cheese and filet mignon, which was superb. This is definitely one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef LouLunchguyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Chef Lou makes food that is really tasty and well presented. I'd give it a 9.7 on The Lunch Guy scale of 10. Thank you and your wife for making our dinner fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a fabulous meal with our dogKateLDined on 8/15/2014We are big fans of sidewalk cafés since adopting our dog a year ago. Had a gourmet meal--California flat bread, spring risotto and crab cakes--outside. Picked up a very dent $15 organic red zin up the block to accompany. Everything was super fresh, our waitress Chelsea was great. Would definitely go again when at the shore.Special Features:
- Jersey Shore findthehedonistDined on 8/14/2014our second visit. Each time I brought 2 other couples & each time we had a wonderful evening! Cuisine was innovative, tasty and beautifully presented. Service is excellent. Location is great...love the decor. It's a mile from the beach and has the relaxed shore atmosphere. Great for groups, busy but not super-noisy so you can hear your friends' conversation. BYO - a great asset! Not well known, but should be.Special Features:
- goodiDined on 8/13/2014Classy (classic) decor and attentive service with an innovative and expertly prepared menu. Takes reservations (a plus at the Jersey Shore) and byob is a good way to keep the cost down - or allow for extra taste treats.Special Features:
- Best Dinner of My LifeJohnDined on 8/11/2014Dinner was outstanding! Apps were an Asian Calamari, Tuna Tacos, and an incredible Lobster over Black Linguini. Dinner consisted of Halibut for me and shrimp with grits for my wife. Dessert was drunken donuts with a raspberry sauce (the most amazing donuts ever) and a chocolate ring ding. We also had home made cookies which were wonderful. Our serer (Tara) was adorable and very knowledgeable about the menu and preparation. You must try Blend on Main!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monagirlDined on 8/10/2014Our experience at blend was very good as always. The couple we were with had never been there. They were very pleased with everything. The food was delicious. Our waitress, Trish was efficient and very nice. I really liked the open table feature of reservations. I had never used it beforeSpecial Features:
- good food, questionable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014This place would be great if they could get their service together.Special Features:
- The blendFunfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Good, consistent quality food, but a bit pricey for a BYO. Ambience is much nicer easier in the earlier evening. Acoustics are horrible when busy. Definitely not a place for romantic dinner or groups, as you practically have to shout to the person sitting next to you. Service is punctual if not attentive, but I cringed when the waitress addressed the female diners as "sweetheart", "darling", and "dear".I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with friends!JohnDined on 8/2/2014Awesome atmosphere and BYOB. The food was great and staff was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJanetDined on 7/26/2014We sat down at 8:30PM and didn't get our wine open until 15 minutes later. We received our appetizers at exactly 9:25pm and dinner at 945PM. We were very disappointed with the very long wait.Special Features:
- beachloverDined on 7/26/2014After reading so many positive reviews, my husband and I decided to try Blend on Main. Let me start off by saying the service was wonderful! Our waitress was so friendly. We ordered the Asian calamari, which so many people raved about and now I know why! It was incredible!! Sweet with a little kick to it..unlike any calamari dish I've ever had! I had the filet minion with Gorgonzola tator tots and broccoli rabe and my husband had the shrimp and lobster risotto special and they were both delicious! For dessert I had the orange crepe and my husband had the cheesecake. Unfortunately, they were disappointing. My crepe was extremely small for $9, and it was just OK. We will definitely go back, overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Dine"amic DuoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I, along with our friends, enjoyed The Blend on Main. Tara, our server, was friendly, nice smile, very personable. She answered all our questions including the fact that my Thresher Shark entree special was caught in local waters, an amazing dish! Other entrees & comments : Filet Mignon - "cooked to perfection", "cut it with my fork", "best filet I've ever eaten". Lobster Tail - "AMAZING!". Crabcakes - "had them here last week and had to order them again with grits", so good, no fillers". Desserts - NY style cheesecake - Vanilla Creme Brulee -1950's Sundae - "Do we have to share?" Overall, They accommodated our request for a table by the window, opened and iced our wine. Busy night & never rushed. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, slow serviceGourmet007VIPDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant would be outstanding if it wasn't for waiting an hour and a half for our entree. Wait staff changed in the middle of our service, as we watched the tables around us get served and almost complete their meals being seated 15 minutes after us. When the food came, it was presented nicely and was delicious. The menu items were varied and accommodated our special diets. With some improvement in service, this would be an excellent dinner choice. They did offer complimentary coffee and dessert to make up for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FoodieDined on 7/24/2014Blend on Main occupies the space that was vacated by Firefly. Chef Lou, who was formerly the Executive Chef at Firefly, creates eclectic and delicious menus for lunch and dinner. Not to be missed is his prix fixe special $24 menu including an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Blend's excellent dessert chef, Teya, was a Food Netwirk's "Chopped" champion. One cannot be disappointed with the Chef Lou and Teya team! The wait staff is smartly attired and very attentive. My party of 3 arrived at the restaurant at 530pm and the hostess seated us and only gave us the dinner menu. We had to ask for the prix fixe menu. I believe both menus should have been presented at the time we were seated. Otherwise, everything was outstanding!Special Features:
- disappointedjoanneDined on 7/21/2014had a group of 8 for a 730. Place not crowded. We were sat at one table then were asked to move. Service was VERY slow. Silverware was dirty and busboy brought another as i watched him dry it off on his shirt. Yuk. Service continued at an even slower pace when there was only two tables left at 930. Light were turned up to let us know closing time was near. Although our dessert had not been ordered. Maybe Monday was an of night. Food was good. Lobster bisque was salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. We will not be returning. We went on a Saturday night and it was not that crowded where we should have waited over 45 minutes for our food to be served. The food quality was not the same as the first time. I ordered their crab cakes, which they are known for and was totally disappointed. I have had them in the past and they were excellent. Not this time around. They used to be all lump crabmeat AND NOW THEY ARE ALL FILLERS. Corn, peppers bread crumbs and shredded crabmeat. Definitely NOT WORTH THE MONEY.Special Features:
- Nice BYOBSherryPVIPDined on 7/19/2014Visited Blend on a Saturday evening. Although they were very busy, service was fabulous! Lobster Mac and cheese appetizer was "okay". My husband had the halibut which was very good. I had the lobster tail which came out very undercooked. The server apologized and immediately brought it back to the chef. The chef not only perfectly sauteed the tail, he also added a huge scallop to my dish and sent his apology as well . I understand that things happen when a restaurant is very busy and they couldn't have handled my situation any better! The dessert menu was great and it was hard to decide. We shared the flourless chocolate cake which was delicious! Next time we will save room for the "ring ding for two"!
- Blend on Main has right ingredientsDenvilleDeeDeeDined on 7/12/2014Blend on main was great! Very nice atmosphere and the service was excellent. I had scallops and my husband had a seafood pasta special and both were delicious. The menu was varied and whase love the fact that it is a BYOB!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DukeDined on 7/8/20144 people for dinner. No entry was under $31. A lobster risotto was a special of the night @ $38. We were not told the price of any specials as they were described. The others were shrimp and pasta, shrimp and grits, and a salmon. 3 apps and 4 medium sized entrees @ $230 just seemed high.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014Blend has an awesome menu which adds a wonderful fine dining experience to the quaint town of Manasquan. Food was delicious, service was on point. Expect dinner to take a little longer since everything is prepared fresh. We weren't in any rush so we didn't have an issue. It's BYOB which has it's pluses and minuses. Overall, the night was wonderful. I will definitely be going back and highly recommended. Ahi Tuna Tacos- wow!Special Features:
- Hipsters discover ManasquanMarkDined on 7/6/2014While 'Manasquan' doesn't roll off for the tongue like 'Stone Harbor', BLEND is a destination restaurant after a day at Spring Lake or Sea Girt (which have nothing this good). A Manhattan-quality restaurant. Though it doesn't have a liquor license, it occasions a nice walk down the cute, retro (and unaware of it) main street of the beach town to a wine store only a block away. Having eaten there three times, the menu of both small plates and sophisticated but not silly-pretentious entres is wide-ranging, well-prepared, and consistently based on superior ingredients. Staff enormously friendly. The crowd at times teeters towards the polo shirt Republic crowd but, heck, it's Jersey, where every town is a palimpsest of its past prejudices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummmmm!!!TheopicurianDined on 7/5/2014We walked into a gorgeous open floor planned place, Sat immediately and then our waiter came over right then after to open our wine as we waited for the rest of our party. Once they arrived he came over and opened their champagne, gave us time to exchange pleasantries and then came back with specials. One of which was a chilled soup, my friend wasn't sure if she'd like it. He went into the kitchen to let her test it. The great service continued through the evening as did the fantastic food. The flavors, product and execution were perfect. I highly recommend for a date, special occasion or a night out with friends but don't forget your wallet, it's pricey but totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JeanMDined on 7/3/2014First time and it was great. Our server was friendly and knowledgable. All of our food was perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.