36 Toronto St.
Toronto, ON M5C 2C5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
MediterraneanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bldrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4167770253
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast (Takeout express only!):
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 10:30am
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Hans Vogel
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Daily inspired gourmet soups and sandwiches desserts/fruits/cheese platters custom orders welcomed
- Private Party Facilities: room up to 18 room up to 27 total restaurant up to 52 ppl
- Private Party Contact: Lynda 4167770253
A word from BLD
A contemporary restaurant in the heart of downtown's historical "Old Toronto". California meets New York at the corner of Adelaide and Toronto Street. Vibrant with history, the Millichamps Building circa 1874, home of the original Excelsior Insurance Company. Famous Architect, Edward James Lennox designed over 70 buildings in Toronto, including Old City Hall circa 1886, Casa Loma, the King Edward Hotel and 36 Toronto St. BLD restaurant pays homage to a city that celebrates its History and welcomes a slew of modern visitors to a warm place to share good food, wine and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BLD reviews from OpenTable diners
- There is potential...DiplomaticoDined on 4/19/2013If I could give this establishment 2.5 stars I would... The food was good but definitely not great, the host seemed a bit disinterested and disconnected, however the prime local warrants so much more. There are too many lunch options in the area to go back here in the near future.Special Features:
- The menu was not extensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2013The menu was not extensive but still there were adequate choices between fish, meat, poultry and vegetarian. The service was very attentive and friendly but not intrusive. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Welcoming atmosphere and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Welcoming atmosphere and great service. Mediterranian tastes. The cook was respecting the basic flavours of all products used in the dish. It is often about leaving out what is not necessary to make a dish great.Special Features:
- Food quality was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/6/2013Food quality was excellent and the service was friendly. The menu is limited but enough choices and what is there is really good.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2013The food and service were very good -- a five star experience. The room is a bit plain and feels cold. It was fine for lunch but I am not sure how it would feel at dinner.Special Features:
- Overall for the price, thepollydinerDined on 12/12/2012Overall for the price, the portions were very small. Also, the menu for prix fixe was not available as the server informed us that you had to reserve that in advance. It did not mention that at all on the website so we ended up paying about $20 more per person than we would have liked.Great creme brulee and the food was above average, but nothing exceptional.
- Great food, but on the priceysuesnightoutVIPDined on 12/3/2012Great food, but on the pricey side, with small portions. Suggest you reserve this for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)tjmachadoVIPDined on 11/28/2012Great place for a business lunch because it is small and never crowded. I had the catch of the day which was good but a little low on the veggie content. Lunch for 3 without alcohol with tip and tax was $166Special Features:
- One of best downtown restaurantsMarcopoloDined on 10/25/2012Wonderful food and terrific service. Wish more people knew about this place as it deserves more dinner patrons.Special Features:
- We have been to BLD twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012We have been to BLD twice now and it is definitely one of our favourite restaurants in Toronto. They change the menu every season so there will always be different options and the food always surpasses our expectations. The bar tender is very nice and has given us complimentary dessert drinks both times as a nice thank you. It is very small and intimate, the service is friendly and great and it is quiet so you can talk no problem. I would recommend for a smaller group of people as it is quite small. Amazing food and menu!Special Features:
- I went for lunch with a co-workerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012I went for lunch with a co-worker and it was good. The attentive service was great and the requests for my food preparation due to allergies was met with pleasure. I highly recommend this for a great lunch outing.Special Features:
- New menu-over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2012They changed their menu and most items are now over-priced for lunch in my opinion. The previous menu had some very nice options for lunch (salads, sandwiches,...). I took 7 people to lunch and it was $268 and the food was good but certainly not worth the price. This was always my go- to spot to take people to lunch but I won't go back.
- food not that great. lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2012food not that great. lunch selection very limited if you're not into seafood.
- The service was very poor!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2012The service was very poor! We went to dine at lunch and the restaurant was not full and we were left sitting for long periods of time with no one paying any attention to us. When the bill arrived we processed everything on the cc machine and no one came back to take the bill. We finally took it off the machine ourselves and left while the server was busy washing tables. It was too bad as the food was good but I would not go back.
- We loved everything aboutCanadianguestDined on 3/20/2012We loved everything about BLD. The incredible food (foraged mushroom lasagna...beautifully prepared trout..spectacular deserts (rice pudding Cree brûlée ) the professional service and the owner's attention to detail. The comfortable space had clean lines and fabulous features. BLD exemplifies that God is in the details, food, service and space.Special Features: