blanc burgers + bottles plaza
Kansas City, MO 64112Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
blanc burgers + bottles plaza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blancburgers.com/
- Phone: 8169316200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers
- Executive Chef: Brian Williams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: please call and ask for a menu, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: One room fully private for up to 30pp seating down, and a semi-private room with 24 seats.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Nimmo 8169316200
A word from blanc burgers + bottles plaza
blanc burgers and bottles plaza is a gourmet burger and premium beer/wine/soda destination...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
blanc burgers + bottles plaza reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent burgers, salads, & friestallyhoVIPDined on 10/12/2013Great stuff all around. The inside out burger is always a fave.Special Features:
- We went on Thursday and itcommentsVIPDined on 9/19/2013We went on Thursday and it was easy to choose a table as there were few there before 6 PM. We had the mahi mahi and chicken burgers and they were good. The fire fries where hot, salty and crispy. Parking was easy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Gourmet!TimDVIPDined on 8/24/2013Absolutely LOVED our experience at blanc. It's such a wonderful treat on the plaza & a great place for a burger like no other in KC. Over the numerous times we've been there, we've never had anything bad. Some of our favorites include the gouda fries, onion rings, truffle fries, inside out burger, the traditional blanc burger, and many, many more! I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers were awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2013I had the best turkey burger I have ever eaten, and my husband's Blanc Burger was pretty tasty, though it was ordered meduim well and came out closer to medium rare. What we did not like were the onion rings. THE batter was so think you couldn't even see, much less taste and onion in them. It was like dipping chunks of pancake batter into their ketchup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fails Burger 101OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/14/2013If you are going to say that you specialize in burgers, you should make 100% sure that you do them well. Unfortunately, blanc burgers + bottles fails at this. I ordered a blank blanc, which is just a burger on a bun. I expected to be wowed by a juicy patty, and a great bun. Instead, I was met by what I believe was a frozen run of the mill patty on a VERY thick, VERY dry bun. At the servers suggestion, I ordered onion rings, however the were dripping with oil, and not all that good. In the end, I left some of my burger over, and walked elsewhere to curb my hunger.
- Great BurgersRogueagent00702VIPDined on 8/11/2013A good place for burgers, beer, and a variety of sodas. The truffle fries are great, and the burgers are creative and tasty. Everyone should visit.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMomof12Dined on 8/7/2013Great burgers and fries and friendly staff. The salted caramel shakes are a favorite!Special Features:
- Awesome bisonYum4bisonDined on 7/14/2013Best bison burger in town! Large beer selection. Awesome ketchup and sauce with every meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As advertised...JeffVIPDined on 6/12/2013Great burgers and bottles. Fun place, good atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2013Went for an office birthday lunch and everyone and their many different palates were very happy. Will definitely be bringing my meetup group sometime.Special Features:
- goodlibertyDined on 5/31/2013Most of the food was very good - especially fries. Hamburger was not done event hough I ordered it well done. Chicken was very good. Waitress was efficient. Noise level is quite loud and hard to talk to each other (6 orf us). Miss the chop chop salad. The beet salad could hardly be called that - 3 very, very thin beets and sour sauce. Coffee was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mahi mahiMalcolmDined on 5/18/2013Hey guys--we did the Plaza graduation thing and from good advice we ate at Blanc. 'Nuf said. Everything was as nice as anyone could have possibly imagined. Thank you so much. BTW, my early dinner was fantastic and loved every minute of our time at your place. Ok. Gotta go. Be good : )Special Features:
- pretty goodselbsDined on 5/12/2013Thought the food was really good. Service was slow and no one was there, even on mothers day. Was a little surprised about that. I think the ambience could use a little change. All the orange and white is suppossed to be cool but a little like a daycare or something. Kinda cold. The outside is small and awful. Service was slow. Again, i would go back because I liked the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in KC for a burgerMikeVIPDined on 4/27/2013Best place in KC for a burger and beer- and a few other things as well
- we went to blancs to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013we went to blancs to celebrate my 21 birthday and it was a great experience our servers were awesome. the food was super tasty and amazing! it might not be a great place to celebrate birthdays or big occasions it is more of a quieter laid back place but it worked great for our group. i will be going back!Special Features:
- Sterile environment. ChillyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013Sterile environment. Chilly temperature on a cold, dreary day. No bright colors. Prices a little high on burgers with toppings that didn't add much to the taste. Went for a birthday lunch and not many people there, so worked well for our present opening and sitting a while to talk. One of had the "stew" which was really thin soup. Everyone who had a burger liked it. However, the turkey burger was overloaded with toppings and was unrecognizable. Over all an okay experience.Special Features:
- The service was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/7/2013The service was great, but the food was not nearly as good as the last time I was there (in late 2011). The cheese curds were very good, but it went downhill from there. The burgers were only OK, and the onion rings were disappointing. I'll probably give BB one more chance, because of the great location and the beer selection. But the kitchen needs to do a better job for the prices they charge.
- I had the classic burger whichOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013I had the classic burger which was excellent. The house made pickles were the perfect mix of a little dill and sweet together and the sauces were amazing as well. The menu says that they just put their house made mustard and ketchup on it but there was something amazing and a little spicy that made me want another entire burger.... Maybe that's what happens when you mix those 2 together!? I was honestly a little disappointed in the onion rings as they had very thick heavy batter and needed a napkin under them to soak up the grease. Had to order some sweet potato fries in their place which were great and should have been my first choice!Special Features:
- Impressive fresh approachOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/27/2013Impressive fresh approach to the humble hamburger. At Blanc Burger it is elevated to gourmet levels. We upped the ante and ordered the truffle fries. Smelled wonderful, tasted good and left a puddle of oil under the fun little shopping cart used to serve the fries. Next time, sweet potato fries. The beer selection is extensive. I had to try one of the sour beers on the menu. Not something you find everywhere and not for everyone, but it was a treat to try it. Serrvice was a bit slow as it looked like they were just a bit understaffed that night. Probably didn't expect so many people needed to get out of the house after as second week of snow.Special Features:
- I ordered the 100 dollar burger,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013I ordered the 100 dollar burger, and it was delicious. In fact, we all loved the food. The big issue of the night was the heat. It was so hot in the restaurant that I felt faint a few times. The children were pretty uncomfortable, too. Since it was quite cold outside, I can understand the need for warmth, but this was too much and honestly colored the entire experience...and not in a good way.Special Features:
- This was our first time atWineNDineDined on 2/23/2013This was our first time at Blanc, & I guess it just wasn't what we were expecting. For a place whose name implies it is a bar, it was more like a family restaurant. We had the misfortune to be seated in a small enclosed area where nearly every table (except ours) included children. We were surrounded by more than a dozen, some of whom were very loud. When we asked why we were in the midst of so many, our waitress explained that because she liked kids, they usually sat them in her section. If that was the case, it would have been nice to be told that before we were seated there too. It was difficult to even carry on a conversation, & it just wasn't a pleasant experience for us.
- Total AwesomenessTimDVIPDined on 2/18/2013Love eating at blanc burgers on the plaza! The gourmet burgers are simply that - gourmet and certainly worth the slightly higher price than a traditional burger joint. We love the daily grind and inside-out burger along with the carnita & other specialty options included on the menu. The sides are exceptional - we especially like the gouda fries and/or the fiesta fries, but the onion rings, truffle fries, and sweet potato fries are just as spectacular (without the toppings)! A great end to a fun evening shopping on the plaza. We'll certainly return ... many more times!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great Service!SlamminVIPDined on 2/8/2013Great Food and Great Service! The server was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Interesting beer selections.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/26/2013Interesting beer selections. Good Mahi Mahi sandwich and great brunch burger. Service very good --attentive but not intrusive. Fun place
- 150 beer selectionRAYCGUYDined on 1/1/2013Big selection of 150 craft beers, some on tap. Very tastey sandwiches.Special Features:
- This is not our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012This is not our first visit to blanc burgers and bottles on the Plaza and each and every time we have enjoyed the food, ambiance and service. The burgers are great and I like the fact that they have some beef alternatives. We also really love the sweet potato fries.Special Features:
- Great Selection of Burgers!jaxandmciVIPDined on 11/3/2012Our burgers, sweet potato fries, and salted caramel shakes were all outstanding. The burgers are quite large and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- They need curtains - I knowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2012They need curtains - I know this is a modern concept restaurant with minimalism in mind, but the sound is awful. That is the only bad thing about this restaurant. Energetic should read - way too loud.
- You can't go wrong!sillyredn3kVIPDined on 10/31/2012Blanc is absolutely amazing and we continue to eat here on a regular basis. There are always fresh new ideas that rotate through the chalk board menus, and of course, a great beer selection. If you haven't been here you are missing out.Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2012This was my first time at Blanc Burgers and I loved it. The food was so delicious! I will definitely be coming back and will be telling all my friends how great of a place this is!Special Features:
- This was the first time myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012This was the first time my husband and I ate here. After reading the reviews about questionable service I was nervous about dinning here. Our service was great and the food was good. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Good food and service butSuseVIPDined on 10/1/2012Good food and service but way too loud. Add some soft surfaces to absorb the sound and I'll come back.
- Perfect for almost any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2012Blanc is the go-to "we don't feel like cooking and don't want to eat somewhere that we need to change clothes to go to" restaurant for myself and my wife. You could wear anything from a suit to a tank top and still fit right in. The food is always amazing, featuring high-quality ingredients, paired together in interesting, but comforting ways. I usually enjoy a more traditional upscale dining style, but it's nice to just relax and have uncompromising quality in a more pedestrian setting. It's become one of my favorite restaurants to take new clients, friends, and even family, who would otherwise feel uncomfortable in a more formal setting with similarly outstanding meal quality.Special Features:
- Typical Awesome ExperienceTimDVIPDined on 9/22/2012We ate early (before the Plaza Art Fair) and our guest enjoyed the entire atmosphere, food, and drinks. It was nothing out of the ordinary for blanc burgers as the experience was their typical best. The food was outstanding and is so unique, the service was awesome, attentive, and personable, and the drinks were flavorful and worth the price. Only negative was the group we sat next to had clearly been enjoying themselves all day and were quite loud and piercing in volume, but they did calm down as the dinner progressed, which was nice. We had a groupon (all the better) and will certainly return. We suggest blanc burgers for a unique burger dining experience that won't break the bank even on the plaza. You simply must try the gouda fries!Special Features:
- They need curtains - the spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012They need curtains - the space it very loud. Everything is superb though.Special Features:
- Very noisy. We had a hardJimmyMacDined on 9/20/2012Very noisy. We had a hard time hearing our server. It was also too dark to read the menu. There was one light over the table and the beer menu print was in a light color and a small font. Other than those few things, the server was attentive and helpful in making food and beer choices. We had two types of french fries, one was truffle and one was spicy (habanero) - preferred the hot one, good spice and not too hot. Truffle fries weren't as sweet as anticipated. Our two favorite burgers were the Bison Burger and the one with Blue Cheese in it (inside out burger? can't remember name). The flavor in both of them was outstanding. They serve the burgers medium, so if you don't want alot of pink in your burger ask for it medium-well or well done.
- No More Shatto?JeremiesVIPDined on 9/12/2012Everything was wonderful as always, however very sad to see that they no longer carry Shatto Root Beer Milk and that when I ordered regular Shatto milk it came out in a regular glass and not the glass pint bottle which is what I was expecting and wanting. Drinking the milk right out of the glass pint bottle makes it taste better so if it's not going to be in the glass bottle, don't bother.Special Features:
- Seated immediately with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2012Seated immediately with reservation on a busy Fri night. Great beer selection. Servers overworked but tried to keep up. Burger not cooked to order and out of onion rings. Will give a second chance when they are not so busy.Special Features:
- We went to blanc burgers +LA2KYFoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2012We went to blanc burgers + bottles, while in KC, because it had such rave reviews, on Open Table. It was good. I did not think it was as good as the other reviewers, however. Maybe I should have gotten a burger. I got the Mahi Mahi, which sounded wonderful, but was just OK. I would recommend it for what it is, a burger place, with good beer selections, but nothing outstanding. I will try some of the other restaurants, in KC, when I am back there.Special Features:
- great burgers, loved the cheesefrequentDined on 9/2/2012great burgers, loved the cheese fries. soup was disappointing.Special Features: