blanc burgers + bottles Leawood
10583 Mission Road
Leawood, KS 66207Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
blanc burgers + bottles Leawood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blancburgers.com/
- Phone: 9133814500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Jayson Eggers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from blanc burgers + bottles Leawood
blanc burgers and bottles is a gourmet burger and premium beer/wine/soda destination...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
blanc burgers + bottles Leawood reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food and Service Have SlippedLouiseVIPDined on 9/13/2013We used to eat at Blanc frequently but hadn't been there for a couple of years. The burger was good but not fabulous like we remembered. The hostess was very sweet and seated us right away even though we were a bit early, and she made arrangements for a high chair for us. We ordered an appetizer and it arrived quickly but we couldn't find anyone to get us plates and silverware, so everything was cold by the time we had anything to eat with. Wine wad great. The service was very poor - unfortunate because this used to be a favorite.Special Features:
- Great burger optionsEveningoutVIPDined on 9/11/2013Excellent place for a special burger. A nice combination of non predictable elements with various burgers. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Both locations are greatirishlad1Dined on 8/9/2013I've had the pleasure of visiting both Blanc locations in the past few years. The food is fabulous and the service is consistent in both locations. These guys do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodunixrabVIPDined on 8/3/2013Blanc is always good.... I love the chicken sandwiches there (amazing for a burger joint) - Good Service - Open Table helped us beat the Saturday line! (It backs up between 12 and 2 on Saturdays).Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2013What happened? Blanc used to be a favorite, but this experience was awful. I should have ordered a burger but went with the chicken with goat cheese and balsamic paired with what turned out to be the problem: an inedible roll. My dining companion noting my distress, made light of my plight calling it the "buns of steel!" When the server finally reappeared he offered to bring me a different bun, by then the damage was done. I disassembled the whole thing and ate it sans bun with a knife and fork.
- Burgers for foodiesTravelingPalateVIPDined on 7/3/2013Great stop in a rainstorm. Tried the signature, bison and inside out blu cheese burgers which were all cooked to order and excellent. The variety of bottled drink matched the name of the place well. We had beers and delicious non mass market sodas that had to order more than once. Will be back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2013We have gone to Blanc a handful of times, and we have always had a great experience. Food is wonderful and the service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- modernannabananaDined on 5/16/2013Modern twist to a burger joint. The fries come in the cutest little shopping cart! We have been there twice and loved both times!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodunixrabVIPDined on 5/4/2013If you go on the weekends - try the brunch burger (not on menu) - also the Benny is new and good too!Special Features:
- Best Burgers!!!!!!!!!NessieVIPDined on 5/4/2013I love this place. the burgers are always delicious!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blanc burgers provides a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Blanc burgers provides a great choice for everyone. There are 2 different veggie burgers and a salmon burger aside from the usual beef burgers. Lunch groups can easily get a good table and great service.Special Features:
- We made reservations and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2013We made reservations and were seated immediately. Our child was offered an etch-a-sketch for entertainment. Our server readily explained the various beer and burger combos. The Blanc Burger was fantastic with accompanied side salad. We also loved the cheese curds and fries. Spicy Aoli dip was great but would have liked regular ketchup instead of the spicy with the fries. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)fooderDined on 3/8/2013Try the fire fries, they are positively insane, loved it!Special Features:
- Bottom bun was soggy, wetArtrVIPDined on 3/3/2013Bottom bun was soggy, wet and cold. We sat at the first table and every time the door opened we could feel the cold....had to eat with our coats on.Special Features:
- We ordered a chicken blt sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013We ordered a chicken blt sandwich and burger Brought 2 burgers. waited for chicken sandwich. Chicken was tough and overcooked. Bacon was very hard and overcooked Fries good. Onion rings too crunchy. We also had a burger that tasted good. Contempory interior look. Waiter very apologetic and immediately offered free shake for incorrect order.
- Thirteen year old requestedDonnyDined on 2/23/2013Thirteen year old requested this for his birthday. Wonderful burgers and allergen friendly. Gluten free choices are great and very good.Special Features:
- A great blanc experience asMW27Dined on 2/23/2013A great blanc experience as always. I've never seen such a large crowd there on a Saturday afternoon... must be everyone trying to use their Groupon before it expires next week!Special Features:
- Great burgers! Onion ringsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/18/2013Great burgers! Onion rings are good but truffle fries are the best!
- A very nice, upscale burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013A very nice, upscale burger joint. Was a little more expensive than a typical burger place but they don't serve your typical burgers either. Both of our burgers were cooked to perfection and had great flavor. The hardest part of the night was trying to decide which one to get.Special Features:
- Host was quite rude when seatingOdnasDined on 2/14/2013Host was quite rude when seating my party. Food was good though.
- Burger was o.k. but friesjimVADined on 2/14/2013Burger was o.k. but fries are soggy. Service was nearly non-existent. If you want a burger and don't care about sides or service, this place is for you.
- Great burgers as always. BeMW27Dined on 2/8/2013Great burgers as always. Be sure to ask for the mustard, as they don't give you any without asking. For the beer "connoisseurs" out there, be sure to smell your glass before they pour your beer. The Leawood location has a problem with continually leaving a bit of cleaning solution on the their glasses. It really impacts the taste of the beer, not to mention it makes it smell like bleach.Special Features:
- Excellent food with creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/17/2013Excellent food with creative twists. Not so much attention to their wine list, however ... red was served too warm. Second glass smelled of dishwashing detergent.
- Because of the stark designOrangesmoothieDined on 1/13/2013Because of the stark design of the restaurant with no soft surfaces, Blanc gets very loud. The food is good, but sometimes my husband's traditional palate is challenged with the dishes. The burgers are great. Our new favorite is the brunch burger which was very tasty. Our server was outstanding.Special Features:
- Happy to get a bun that wasSullivanFanVIPDined on 1/12/2013Happy to get a bun that was not as dense as our previous visitsSpecial Features:
- Good Tasting Burgers...butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2013The restaurant immediately hits you with a well put together modern decor. Though not my style, I give praise for everything fitting together well in that regard. The miniature shopping carts the sides are brought out on were a cool touch. The burgers were very good, but I am not sure they were for the price. Though they do offer a wider selection of burgers (being a burger joint), I would say there are better burgers to be had close by at a lower price point. The bottles portion of the name comes at a price. There were few beers on tap, almost all were bottled (even locals, like Boulevard Wheat), the bottles were warm with no chilled glass, and were quite pricey compared to other restaurants. Service was acceptable, nothing more.
- Great burgers just a littleConcertVIPDined on 12/29/2012Great burgers just a little pricey, but they are certainly better than the average burger. Great fries,onion rings, sweet potatoe fries!Special Features:
- As usual, the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2012As usual, the food was very good. Two of us ordered the Inside Out burger...one medium rare and the other medium well and they were both cooked as requested. We shared one order of fries and requested them extra crispy...which they were! Sure wish the Inside Out Burger would be added to the lunch combo menu...and that Coke products were served instead of Pepsi...then all would be perfect!Special Features:
- Service was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Service was very good and the food provided a unique twist on a classic burger. It would be nice if they added a couple more vegetarian options, but the two options they currently have are solid. I was also impressed with the beer selection.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Pleasantly surprised at the quality & upscale delivery of food. I definately would go again.Special Features:
- We had a short wait and hadEatnoutDined on 12/15/2012We had a short wait and had to send a burger back twice because it was not cooked correctly. The server was very apologetic and the manager took the burger off of our bill. They were very nice about the whole situation and did their best to fix it. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- concrete floors and hard chairs....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012concrete floors and hard chairs....I think the food was fair, nothing spectacular. Very basic decor. The service was "OK", had to keep flagging the server down to get our requests taken care of.
- Blanc is one of my favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012Blanc is one of my favorites. The last trip it seemed as though the service and food had gone down hill but this time it was better. The burger was overcooked but at least the service was back up to par. When it first opened the burgers tasted as though they were being done by a master chef, but lately they just seem like lesser quality meat being cooked by a burger flipper. It is still good and I'll keep going back, just not as often. My fear is the owner or manager is trying to save some money and getting lower quality stuff. The ingredients are all still high quality, just seems like the meat is not. It's possible it's still high quality and they just don't have the good chef anymore perhaps.???
- The burgers were great. FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012The burgers were great. French Fries came out limp and a little on the greasy side. Not what I expected based on reviews and research. This was the first visit for all 4 people in our group. Everyone said they'd come back.Special Features:
- Friday night_BlancOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2012We were there on Friday night at 6:00. It was loud and full with a long wait line! Thank goodness for openTable we got right in and enjoy our YUMMY burgers and truffle fries!!! Always such a treat. Try the Cherry Limeade Martini! Out of sight! I don't even care for Martinis but loved this!!!!!Special Features:
- Really good hamburgers butdinelocalVIPDined on 11/1/2012Really good hamburgers but the noise level is so intense it ruined a good meal.
- Great Burgers Great ServiceunixrabVIPDined on 10/27/2012Blanc was great. Our server was attentive and most importantly did not mind our use of a Groupon! Some restaurants seem to look down upon Groupon users, but Blanc was great! We'll be back , Groupon or not. ;-)Special Features:
- Go to the Plaza LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012The Plaza location is so much better. The Truffle Fries where not as good at the Mission Farms Location. Also the tables looked all beat up, the modern look is cool but it doesn't hold up very well sometimes. The burgers where dry and did not seem like the same as we get on the plaza, even the pepperjam on the bison burger was different. And not for the better. We love Blanc Burger, but evidently only the Plaza local, as we have been there many times and have never had a bad experience.
- Not your average burgers...JMHKCVIPDined on 10/26/2012Great lunch option! Tasty gourmet burgers and fries!Special Features:
- Blanc Burgers a Must!LeanneVIPDined on 10/24/2012loved our burgers, fire fries and onion rings. Excellent and fun place!Special Features: