221 Highway 165, Suite L
Placitas, NM 87043Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bladesbistro.com/
- Phone: 5057710695x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Christmas Holiday Hours:
Monday Dec. 23rd open from 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Christmas Eve Dec. 24th open from 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Closed Christmas Day Dec. 25th
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, International
- Executive Chef: Kevin P. Bladergroen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Small groups, please contact restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available on Monday evenings and for the lunch hours Monday through Thursday.
- Private Party Contact: Anja Bladergroen 5057710695x
- Entertainment: In the summer months (May through September): Live Music on the outside patio that varies from Jazz to Folk.
"Blades' Bistro is a classy blend of classic, whimsical; it is an oasis of sophistication thriving in Placitas. Everything about Blades' is nicer than you'd expect, in the best possible way. The dining room is refined and quiet and the exhibition kitchen classy."
- By Andrea Lin For the ABQ Journal
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- Love the music on the patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another terrific night of good food and music on the patio. Too bad a few tables couldn't leave their loud conversations at home. Nothing nicer than music on the patio on a lovely evening. Food is wonderful. Service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Always excellentbonitaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Once again we enjoyed every bite at Blades. Friendly, vibrant and delicious.Special Features:
- AnonreviewerDined on 8/23/2014Loved the outside table and listening to the trio of musicians. Inside was noisy. Food was good. I will return but will ask for a table outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent meal, great service and actually reasonable price tag for fine dining.Special Features:
- Nice little gemlagourmandeDined on 8/16/2014Have dined at Blades Bistro in the evenings and have had consistently great meals. Love the fact that it's not in the city and that it is a small restaurant. Nice little neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KB07Dined on 8/12/2014We had a great experience there. The food was great and our waiter was excellent. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLindaDeVDined on 8/9/2014We love this place; the food is outstanding, the service always great. We wish it were closer to home, but then maybe we'll just move to Placitas so that it is!Special Features:
- A Gem in PlacitasTom1Dined on 8/2/2014Blades constantly excels and it a wonderful find in Placitas...worth the short drive from anywhere. Anya and Kevin are great hosts and the staff is superb.Special Features:
- Blade's BistroHonestDined on 8/2/2014The food was awful. The waitperson was ridiculously lame. She did not know anything about the preparation or ingredients of any of the menu items. We waited for an hour for appetizers and then they were served to only 1/2 the people at the table. We had to complain to the owner to get the remaining appetizer items served. The owner sent another waitress to our table to straighten things out. The new waitress promptly disappeared and the original waitress returned and continued to fumble the service. The food was just terrible. We had been there several times a few years ago and enjoyed it. It has definitely gone downhill and we won't be going there again.
- Awesome as alwaysDanielBDined on 8/1/2014To start the cocktails of the day were amazing; The food was delicious including the specials of the day; The service was excellent. We had a party of 7 and the service did not falter. The restaurant can get a little loud so I would not deem it as romantic, but for a special occasion and for a reason to leave Albuquerque but not have to head all the way to Santa Fe Blades' Bistro is an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Blades BistrofrcxDined on 7/31/2014One of our favorites. I has been great every time we have been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to homeDaveVIPDined on 7/29/2014Another great experience and meal at Blades. I had a friend from back east visiting and I bragged to him about how great Blades is and you delivered again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food LOUSY serviceTravelerBobDined on 7/26/2014The wait staff was way over committed and management knew it and did NOTHING to help. Orders were wrong, items ordered were not delivered. Orders were very long in being brought to the table, 47minutes for the appetizers from order to table. One appetizer came within ten minutes but the other four waited another thirty plus minutes. Then when it finally came in was COD and only a half full bowl of soup for which they did charge full price. NO bread. Service was just bad. Waiter reaching across the table and in front of people to serve and clear. Food once served would have been good had it been warm or even hot like it was supposed to be.Special Features:
- Great Food & Inexpensive Wine=GreatArtHDined on 7/25/2014Blades Bistro is a gem in bucolic Placitas. It provides a marvelous menu with exciting specials. The Watermelon Gazpacho and Peach Caprese salad were flavorful and unique. Peaches provided a taste sensation that worked great.They were melt in your mouth ripe and sweet with a very peachy flavor. The Gazpacho was tasty and its coolness great for a very hot day. Mains were perfectly cooked and presented.The duck breast and veal marsala were tender and rich with flavor. The wine we picked was a full bodied 2011 Chilean blend of carmenere, syrah, cabernet sauvignon, malbec, and petit verdot that was a superb match for both of the rich mains. We shared the great chocolate trio to top off our wonderful dinner. We strongly recommend Blades Bistro.Special Features:
- Give it a shot!DrGerrieDined on 7/24/2014Being a New Yorker, I like to ask the locals for their recommendations as to where they eat....and this one was a real find! It was recommended by a local, and was out in the middle of nowhere......but well worth the ride to find it tucked away off the highway. Servers were attentive without being obtrusive. Food was very good....excellent french onion soup and decadently rich boeuf bourginone! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Milton's Mom EliseBestBladesDined on 7/24/2014We went with another couple and the four of us loved the food. We ordered the Paella, Frutti de mare, chicken livers, and a shrimp and salmon salad and we all raved about our entrees. The service was friendly and the waiter knew each dish. We live in the area and plan on returning often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShellDined on 7/19/2014Duck delicious- crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth inside, green chile hamburger chiledicious and so good with truffle friesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningjamacaDined on 7/19/2014Although there was one disappointing menu item we ate, Anya was the perfect owner - she apologized and credited us for it (even though we ate it all)- the food is delicious and service was exemplary - Anya is charming and treated us with special care and allowed us to sit and listen to the music on the patio after our first two courses and then return inside for our dessert. The wait staff were attentive and charming. This is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions and any occasion! We have been there before and will certainly be there again.Special Features:
- ClarkcanreallypickemDined on 7/17/2014Restaurant was recommended by staff at the Range Cafe. Surprising find in the desert! Great food, excellent service, extensive wine list. Had a special $25/bottle wine list. What a deal!Special Features:
- A gem. An absolute gem.TableTalkDined on 7/17/2014Just finished dining at Blades for the third time. New to the area. We have yet to have anything but an overwhelmingly positive experience. Anya and Kevin could not be more genuinely welcoming and authentic, and Jeffrey our waiter is as warm as he is professional and as knowledgeable as he is friendly. The staff, the décor, the vibe, and especially the food and wine selections are just so well done. We appreciate great food and overall excellence whether it's service, atmosphere, professionalism and Blades has been simply excellent for each of our three visits. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I take clients here often...great loction, small size bistro...wide menu choices, attentive service. Always a 10!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 7/12/2014We heard other reviews complaining of the noise level, but on Saturday night with almost every table full, we did not find Blades overly noisy. It was easy to hold a conversation. The food was absolutely outstanding. Watermelon gazpacho was a highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BladesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014Blades is our neighborhood bistro. Great food, great wine list, excellent service.Special Features:
- Consistent High QualityGeraldDined on 7/3/2014One of the best in Albuquerque. Sit at the Chef's counter.Special Features:
- Great for Sunday brunchMarciaDined on 6/29/2014There are a number of delicious breakfast items plus delicious specials.Special Features:
- 2nd Time Just as Good as the FirstsuedeDined on 6/27/2014After finding this last week, I went back with 3 friends this weekend. Everyone agreed this is a great find! Menu has appeal to everyone. Fresh, food has depth, and the service is right on. We had grilled artichoke, spinach salad, roasted beets, lamb, and grouper. As Rachel Ray would say, "yummo"! Make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014We took out-of-town guests and our party totaled 7 people. The owner gave us special attention and spent extra time with us. I had the specials salad and entrée, both excellent that evening. All of us loved our food and had a wonderful time. The only changes I would suggest is a round table for a party of that size to be able to talk better, and the music made it hard to hear each other and the server at times. i'd definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:
- Blades-great getawayBswagDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food and friendly service, along with great music on a Saturday night, made for a delightful evening. The drive to Placitas from ABQ was much less onerous than people made it out to be. The watermelon gazpacho and the peach caprese made for a perfect summer meal, and the chocolate decadence was exactly that-a hedonistic chocolate experience. We will definitely be returning to Blades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blades reviewGnarlyfaceDined on 6/21/2014The best service I've ever had! Blair is amazing! Food is absolutely delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to good, not outstanding.chefjudeVIPDined on 6/20/2014Noise level inside quite loud. Had asked to be seated near a wall as we'd been here once before and found it difficult to have an intimate conversation. Hostess seated us at two-top. I asked about one next to a wall she said it was reserved. No one ever showed for it but they may have decided to eat outside instead? Server tried very hard but seemed scattered. For a Friday night they were not that busy. My husband ordered the beet appetizer and said it was tasty. His entree was sole. Fish was nice but crust tough. I decided on paella: seafood cooked well but found dish greasy, rice no flavor of saffron, and chicken leg tasted burned on the grill marks. With wine and tip we spent $100. Much better places to drop a hundred bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvgoodfoodluvgoodfoodDined on 6/20/2014Visit frequently with friends, out of town guests and always enjoy the fresh food choices, preparation, and service and happy to have such a fine restaurant in the Placitas area that offers good dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patioOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/18/2014They have a very nice patio, but we were inundated with flies. Food took a very long time on a Saturday night. Most of the dishes were very good. A friend's crab was overcooked. One dish came with French fries, which were limp and soggy. A little pricey, but overall, pretty good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/18/2014Went on a Wednesday night expecting 50% off wine deal off any wine on their wine menu but it was replaced with $25 deal on select wines. Too bad, select wines not great. Would rather pay 50% off a $100 of good wine of my own choice than $25 for a wine they select. Will probably not return, unless they go back to the 50% off deal. Although the food is very good the 50% off wine Wednesday put it a notch above all the other fine restaurants and kept us coming back. Also, restaurant tends to be extremely noisy when they are busy, which is okay if you don't converse during your meals.Special Features:
- Don't go on SundaysukiDined on 6/15/2014We booked a table for Father's Day afternoon brunch. Never realizing that the location in unincorporated Sandoval county would make having a glass of wine or a beer out of the question. Very annoying for the diners and not fair at all to the restaurant. Something needs to be done about this archaic law.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceEarlDined on 6/13/2014We had friends from Denver drive in and decided to show them another side of New Mexico by taking them to Blade's. They were absolutely blown away by the food and service. Our waiter Freddie was incredible. This is our second dinner there in a month and certianly not our last. It is now at the top of our list for showing friends and family what this area has to offer.Special Features:
- BrunchZiaTrojanDined on 6/8/2014Menu has a wide selection of entrees to choose from. The food served to us was presented in an appetizing manner and tasted great. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for Special Occasionfun2eatoutDined on 6/8/2014The food is always wonderful and the seasonal dishes are a treat. Service has always been good with just enough attention throughout the meal. The indoor atmosphere is intimate and semi-formal while the patio tends to be sunny whenever we've been there. It's definitely a favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy with classYumseekerDined on 6/6/2014Atmosphere was very nice. A little noisy because it was Friday night at a peak time of 7:30pm. Food was fantastic, I had Con Fruiti De Mar pasta, shrimp, scallops and lobster in a garlic cream sauce over fettucine and my wife had a New York strip with a horseradish glaze. Both were too notch dishes. Salads were good, spinach salad and peach caprese salad were scrumptious. Definitely go back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Food is terrific, service is wonderful, wine list is an excellent complement to the food. What more can you ask!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/28/2014the food was subpar for the price. stir fry settled into a mushy consistency. waiter did not get two of the orders exactly correct. time spent waiting for the next segment of the meal was a bit long. folks were friendly though which was good.Special Features: