10555 Southwest Hwy
Worth, IL 60482Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackwoodgrillbar.com/
- Phone: 7084480220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm ; Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Siska
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackwood Grill
Chef Rob at Blackwood Grill & Bar is preparing tasty & trendy American cuisine. Pair your food with a selection from an extensive collection of drafts, wines, martinis and spirits. Enjoy the rustic vintage décor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackwood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- I love this Restaurant theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2012I love this Restaurant the staff is so great & the owner's are so friendly, to everyone it's a great place to eat and have a drink... Thank You BlackwoodSpecial Features:
- a good hidden gem to try.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012Very nice ambiance, the service was friendly. The team went above and beyond to make the experince great. The food was good serviced in large portions. I had the pork chop and greatly enjoyed it. A great find. I look forward to dining there again. Worth the drive from Chicago.Special Features:
- food was good with the exceptionIAMVB2UDined on 6/15/2012food was good with the exception of the asparagus; it was either out of the jar or extremely over-cooked
- The prime rib was well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2012The prime rib was well prepared and tender. The grouper was very good. The roasted red pepper soup was delicious/
- Fantastic time at BlackwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012My wife and I were thrilled with our first dining experience at Blackwood Grill. Delicious bread, salad and flatbread. The restaurant was out of the bottle of wine we ordered, so a more expensive bottle was substituted at no extra charge. We also greatly enjoyed the live music (a Friday night regular), and we spent several hours at the bar after our dinner. Can't say enough good things about the entire experience!Special Features:
- We dined with a group of 12.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012We dined with a group of 12. Service was excellent, and friendly. Food was good, as well as the bar drinks and wine by the glass specials. Plan to return to try some of the interesting martini specials on Friday nights.Special Features:
- We celebrated late Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012We celebrated late Mother's Day and a birthday. All in our group enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012This was our second time at Blackwood Grill. It was Mother's Day and we had the brunch buffet. Food was excellent and our server was very pleasant and helpful, but I didn't give the service a 5 star rating because we did most of the work since it was a buffet. The place was extremely crowded, which is great to see for their business, but we felt a bit like sardines in a can and it was fairly noisy. Overall, still a very nice place and we had a good time. Thanks.Special Features:
- We had reservations for thekgfoodieDined on 5/13/2012We had reservations for the Mothers Day brunch and still had to wait about 35-40 minutes to get our table. The food was good, but could tell it had been sitting out for quite a while. We were on the later end of the time for the brunch, I guess you should go first thing. Service was great while we were seated however and the complimentary roses and champagne were a plus!Special Features:
- Had Mothers Day Brunch. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Had Mothers Day Brunch. Food was good (warm and there was plenty there). Since it was a Champagne Brunch, we had to ask for the champagne. I think the waitress should have asked. Atmoshpere was nice, a little dark but nice.
- food was very good and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012food was very good and well prepared. BBQ Ribs very nicely done with a tangy sauce. Soups and salads good with nice fresh baked bread on the side. Good portions and very good pricing, we'll be back!Special Features:
- I brought my family here sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2012I brought my family here since they were begging me to try the place out, everybody loved it. The only down fall was the wait to sit down was alot longer then they said but by the end of the meal all was forgotten. They all want to go back.Special Features:
- place is such a step up forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2012place is such a step up for the suburbs, great job.Special Features:
- The service was terrible forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2012The service was terrible for a Monday evening with only 5 tables occupied and 2 waitresses on duty. Our appetizer order wasn't placed until our meals were ready and thus arrived while we were dining on our main course. None of the food was exceptional except for the soup.
- Tried there smoked londonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012Tried there smoked london broil which had so much flavor and it was served with a black pepper sauce which complemented the meat well. My wife had the grilled grouper which she loved. Very trendy beer selection which is great. One of the many reasons why I keep going back.Special Features:
- Ambiance, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2012Ambiance, food and service is always great. I was also was part of a group on Easter that had to wait a while, considering how busy it was Im just glad we were able to enjoy a nice brunch out. Dinner and brunch I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Didn't have to wait long withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/8/2012Didn't have to wait long with the Open Table reservation. Waited 5 minutes max. Good food and service. Being Easter Sunday the crowd was good size and at times the staff seemed overwhelmed but handled it nicely. Will definetely go back.Special Features:
- Work on it!!AmazingraceDined on 4/8/2012Don't know how long this place has been open, but they need to work on their buffet if they are going to continue to offer it.Went for Easter brunch and the food was cold, there wasn't a good variety and they ran out of ham. How can you run out of ham on Easter??? I will say that the food coming out of the kitchen looked good. Might give it another try.Special Features:
- Had reservations a 1:00, hadOut4DinnerDined on 4/8/2012Had reservations a 1:00, had to wait 15 minutes for table. It was Easter, and I do not believe they were ready for the crowd. Long lines for buffet, not a big selection of items, plus a lot of the items were empty or scrapping the bowl, yuck, a 45 minute wait for waffles! The dessert table was a joke of small pieces of smashed cake and picked over fruit. Thank goodness we had easter treats at home waiting. We didn't even try to ask for coffee, we may have been there still.We did order Bloody Marys, my husband wanted a 'no spice' mary. We got 2 identical 'very spicy' Bloody Marys. Wanted to tell the wait person, but couldn't find her. We only got the 'Brunch' because our waitperson was hard to find and figured it would be faster.
- I brought my family to thiscrwu402Dined on 4/8/2012I brought my family to this place for Easter Brunch the food selection was not good. The best thing they had to offer was the waffles, but they could not heep up with the demand our table ordered 3 waffles. we waited 30 mins and only received 2 of them. 1 very small buffet line for a full resturant??? Not a good idea. I will give them another chance just not for Easter Brunch.
- Our party of seven had a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Our party of seven had a delicious Easter Brunch. We really enjoyed all the selections on the buffet. I am planning on going back next month with a large group for dinner!Special Features:
- had to send back the primeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012had to send back the prime rib we ordered twice, we ordered it well done it came the first time it was bloody the second time it was medium at best, had to wait about 25 minutes for them to get it right
- Food was good and the pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/31/2012Food was good and the prices were reasonable. We both had fish entrees, will go back to try burgers/steaks. Service was a bit slow, no fault of our attentive server. I think the banquet going on probably was the cause.Special Features:
- Pretty good, will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/30/2012Our meals looked great. My wife's was cooked perfectly but unfortunately mine was not. The mark of a good restaurant is how they handle issues and they handled it quickly and without fuss. For that, I will be back and give it another go. The wine list was ok and the prices correctly reflected the grade of wine. Overall, something to go back and try again another night for a good and affordable meal in the southwest suburbs.
- We had a new waitress, inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2012We had a new waitress, in fact we were her first customers. She was a delite. I really like the decor of the whole place. It would be a great place to have a small party. I only notice the outdoor dining on the way out, but I know I will be back to experience it.Special Features:
- This restaurant had good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/24/2012This restaurant had good food and nice portion sizes. The wait staff was a little quirky for a dinner shift but still friendly. I would go back if I was in the area again.Special Features:
- So far we have been to BlackwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2012So far we have been to Blackwood 4 times as we are going to use them for our baptism banquet...however I have to admit the Sunday brunch was kind of a let down. The food was mediocre at best seemed like cheap bacon, the eggs were undercooked and the food was not very warm. My wife was given an old hard waffle when the chef should have known better as he was serving and carving. The other times we have been there it has been outstanding I guess you can not win them all.
- Everytime we come here itsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2012Everytime we come here its always great with new things on the menu and if there is a dish that we once had and its not there anymore they will make it. Place is just outsanding, we also booked a baby shower there, heard there great at parties also.Special Features:
- Upon being seated you areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012Upon being seated you are served with warm bread that is outstanding with softened butter on a wooden cutting board. Waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the various dishes that were served. The ribs were very tender and fell off the bone with a fantastic tasting BBQ sauce. My wife had the grouper that was grilled to perfection. the only thing my wife didn't care for was the taste along the grill mark on the fish but the fish itself was wonderful.Special Features:
- we went there as group partyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012we went there as group party and the service was so bad a around of beers took 20 mins to get to our table it forever to get someone at our table over all not good would never go back there its like we weren't there .
- Place is great! glad we dontOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012Place is great! glad we dont have to drive 25 mins away to get a quality restaurant. The stuff pork tenderloin and asiago risotto is out of this world by the way.Special Features:
- stop driving past this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012we went for dinner on a weeknight. started with the loaded waffle fries, which were a little on the cold side but we ate them all up anyway. my crab cake sandwich was awesome, boyfriend's burger was gone in seconds. it might have been our waitress's first day, she seemed nervous and a little uneducated on the menu, but she was a sweetheart and on time with everything, keeping our long island and gummy bear martinis coming. the live entertainment - one guy set up by the bar with his acoustic guitar - had us singing along with his spot on renditions. we had a great time, will definitely come back!
- Seems like a bar that expandedDjinnwindDined on 2/28/2012Seems like a bar that expanded its food into a restaurant setting . Portions are adequate , flavors and quality lack . Stay at the bar and have a good evening . The Bar food is great . The restaurant , not so much .
- Have to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2012New to open table but not to restaurants. We were told this place is excellent and it still exceeded my expectations. It looks like they picked the place up from downtown and put it in the burbs, but still very casual and cozy. Food was great, service was good, aside from dropping the butter on me, but those things happen. Over all great expierence we will be back.Special Features:
- GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012Everything is outstanding at this restaurant. Just from the buzz about a unique restaurant for the burbs says its already standing out from all the others. Whatever your doing keep doing.Special Features:
- Very pleasant surprise. EnjoyedStamaxDined on 2/15/2012Very pleasant surprise. Enjoyed Valentunes Day with my honey, great food, martinis, & warm welcoming ambience. We brought Mom back with us the following night for her birthday & enjoyed another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- We went on a recomendationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2012We went on a recomendation from a friend. She was very accurate. Good food, beautiful decor, but the service was a bit lacking and out of order. The drinks were a bit slow in coming and the refils were forgotten twice. We ordered apps soup and dinner. They brought the apps after a while and when they brought the soup they then brought hte bread which seemed wierd ususally bread is brought right away then the rest of the stuff. The food was really good we were very pleased and it was cooked exactly right. We took a banquet room menu because the decor was so nice and the food was good.Special Features:
- We enjoyed having a new spotKimberly18Dined on 2/14/2012We enjoyed having a new spot to try nearby and would definitely go back!Special Features:
- We decided to go here forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012We decided to go here for our anniversary, we didn't know it was there until we found it on open table. We were more than pleased with the food and the service. I had the porkchop and it was HUGE and was outstanding. We definitely recommend trying them out.Special Features:
- Frist they sat us by a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2012Frist they sat us by a group of thirty.The noise was unbelieveable.Our salads we'er small, and our food was served on small plates, so it looked like our servings we'er larger. I would not recommend this place.Special Features: