141 Fairway Drive
Wading River, NY 11792Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.blackwellsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6319291800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday-Saturday, 11am-4pm. Dinner Sunday-Thursday 4pm-9pm, Friday & Saturday 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Gerdes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Brian Curtin 6319291800
- Entertainment: Wednesday & Thursday Nights- Ed Balsamo Jazz Trio
Friday Nights- Acoustic Guitar Jam in the Taproom
Saturday Nights- Trevor Davison on the Baby Grand Piano
- Special Events: Special Price Fixe Menu Available Monday-Thursday $24.95 before 5:30pm, $29.95 after. http://www.blackwellsrestaurant.com/2012/pricefixe.htm
A word from Blackwell's Restaurant
Blackwells at Great Rock is the North Fork's premiere dining destination. Nestled just off Sound Ave at the Gateway to LI Wine Country, Blackwells offers simple, clean & classic menus utilizing the very best of local farms, produce & seafood. 3 unique dining rooms laced with rich mahogany & stunning golf course views set the stage for the East End's most memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackwell's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- I have been here many timesRobert1995VIPDined on 1/9/2013I have been here many times but this time around the food was really badSpecial Features:
- Changed the menu...fortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/28/2012Changed the menu...fortunately kept the mac and cheese (best around)...prix fixe a good value.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Great food, outstanding atmosphere and delightful serviceSpecial Features:
- Something Changed. Food isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012Something Changed. Food is different and tasteless. This place was one of my favorites. I travel a great distance to get there too.
- Very nice experience. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Very nice experience. The porterhouse was superb. We especially enjoyed sitting around the outdoor fireplace after dinner.Special Features:
- Service abrupt. Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/6/2012Service abrupt. Not impressed with food. Very nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The food was excellent as well as the staff! I would highly recommend Blackwells.Special Features:
- I would say this was one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012I would say this was one of the best dining experiences I have had. The food was magnificently prepared and delicious.The ambiance was just beautiful and the piano player was another wonderful touch.I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Blackwells is my husband and I's go-to place for a special occasion dinner!. We love the staff, food and ambiance. The food is always delicious and they change up the menu with the seasons which is nice. We have a tradition of going for every valentines day, anniversary and birthdays!. We always leave Blackwells happy!!!Special Features:
- Have been to Blackwells numerousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/9/2012Have been to Blackwells numerous time and was looking forward to restaurant week reservation. Overall experience fell below expectations this time. Service fair with long delay between entree/dessert, delmonico steak fatty/tough. Given past experience I expected things to be better.
- LaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2012The mussels were extremely salty as was the chocolate tart dessert. The entree of chicken and steak options were tasty. Wine glass had to be returned due to food particles left from dishwasher.Special Features:
- Have had the pleasure of diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Have had the pleasure of dining for dinner with friends here and each time the food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Although it is a little hidden in the area, the dining area is beautiful and quiet. Very relaxing. Definitely will recommended to friendsSpecial Features:
- My wife and I dined with 2PapaloDined on 10/16/2012My wife and I dined with 2 other couples. We went for lunch to celebrate our friends 50th anniversary. The ambiance is warm and friendly. We were seated in a room near the fireplace and overlooking the golf course. Our waitress, Caitlin, was very friendly and efficient. She made us feel very comfortable. There were quite a few selections on the lunch menu and several price fixed complete lunches. All of our choices were well prepared and presented. The portions were quite large. As a surprise at the end of our meal, we were all served a complimentary glass of Prosecco, to celebrate our friends anniversary. A very nice touch. I highly recommend Blackwell's for a great luncheon..Special Features:
- The Very Best of EverythingJredstangVIPDined on 10/14/2012Wonderful service. . The best! Delicious food. . . Everything on the menu was tempting and what came to the table delectable! Warm and romantic ambiance. . . Quiet and lovely. Outdoor area with fireplace and a beautiful rainbow fountain. It is a must see and must eatSpecial Features:
- Best kept secret in Long Island!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012My friend an I went for lunch this past Friday, this was my second time there. The food is absolutely incredible with the most delicately prepared fresh local produce. The beet salad with fresh goat cheese, the sauteed chanterelles, the pumpkin soup, the local fish and shrimps....Excellent choices of artisanal cheeses...my only regret is that we were so full, we could not order the trio of creme brulee (which I had the last time)...a great dining experience. Merci to the Chef! Beautiful surroundings, fireplace, quiet and cozy room, lovely waitress...oops, I almost forgot, great 2009 Rombauer Zinfandel. Look forward to returning to Blackwell's very soon! Annie CarpenterSpecial Features:
- Consistently amazing, neverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012Consistently amazing, never disappoints. Love the new menu and it changing monthly. The chef is using more local ingredients and it shows. Fresher and more current offerings make me and my wife happy customers. Hats off to you and the management, well done!Special Features:
- It had been awhile since weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2012It had been awhile since we dined at blackwells but the level of food and service is still very good,and brian the manager is always a pleasure to deal withSpecial Features:
- must have Daniel's bananaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012must have Daniel's banana foster for dessert, we had the sexi shrimp for our main dish "outstanding"Special Features:
- new menu is poorly done, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012new menu is poorly done, food was just ok . Potato were blend and food was coldSpecial Features:
- Very pleasant setting withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/29/2012Very pleasant setting with live piano player, attentive waitstaff so all in all we had a delightful evening meal. All entrées and salads were tasty, not overly salted and arrived hot. However menu leaned towards a meat & potato base. No complaints just a bit heavy for our taste. Having said that we intend to return once the cold weather sets in.
- Not worth Visiting AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012I don't mind wasting money for a Good night out but this place is horrible. Food was barely decent. Portions were tiny. Server was annoying. Never going back there.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2012We have been to Blackwell's for many different functions and they never dissapoint. Whether it's been a party for 30,a dinner for two, dinner at in the bar with friends or family lunch with the baby, we have a wonderful time. Great food, pleasant and helpful staff and a beautiful atmosphere..We love it!!Special Features:
- We went here for dinner onJodiDined on 9/13/2012We went here for dinner on our anniversary. Wonderful atmosphere with great music from a three piece band. Food was delicious and the service was superb.Special Features:
- OK - But used to be better...VitamanVIPDined on 9/7/2012Blackwell's used to be better, but they've lost a lot of their high end charm. No more porterhouse for 2, truncated wine list, just not as good as it used to be.
- Although the food was " good"OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2012Although the food was " good" it was nothing special. I say good because it wasn't bad..was mediocre... Filet was standard.. potatoes were under cooked and fried meatball apps were blah. Certainly did not live up to the reviews I had read on here. Atmosphere was nice and hearing the music from the bar was nice. Service was so so...waiter forgot my drink....took too long to check on us after serving our meal and was not knowledgeable about the liquor brands the bar had....ie Bourbon and vodka. .I'd go back... but wouldn't rush to do so.Special Features:
- The Wife and I Had PoterhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012The Wife and I Had Poterhouse steak it was great tasting just right, Blackwell's at one time had there own steak sauce which tasted good no more know it's A-1 sauce bad, sometimes we wish they would go back to the way they were.Special Features:
- Food use to be a lot better,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Food use to be a lot better, the service was poor and there were hardly any people there for a Saturday night. It is a pretty place, piano player was good, wish the food was better
- The food was good but average.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012The food was good but average. I would not make an effort to go back.Special Features:
- I had purchased a $89 PlayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012I had purchased a $89 Play and Dine gift green card thru the Pro shop and the gentleman who helped me did not advise me that i was not able to use whatever was left on the card towards dinner at Blackwells. This was never told to me. My husband and a friend both had $20.00 left on their cards and could not use it towards our dinner.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/22/2012Very enjoyable experience, excellent food, excellent service, homey feeling inside, beautiful surroundings outside. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Best by far!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2012Have been dining here for years, still our favorite! Probably the best chef in the state...no kidding. :)Special Features:
- Alway love going here. NewfavoriteDined on 7/20/2012Alway love going here. New menu first took me back however all the food was excellent. My husband and I really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- we went for a special occasionjackDined on 7/20/2012we went for a special occasion and were disappointed in the changes to the menu.....a bit limited compared to the past.
- Blackwells just underwentLordBrutVIPDined on 7/15/2012Blackwells just underwent a huge menu reno and it is definately a positive change. With similar food to local resturants specializing in the north fork's agri and seafood industry, blackwells did not disappoint. Still offering their steaks as well but a little disappointed not to see a filet on the menu. Great looking restaurant beautiful interior!Special Features:
- Had heard great things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2012Had heard great things about Blackwells and finally got around to trying it out. It did not disappoint; food was great, atmosphere perfect and service right on. Looking forward to our next visit so I can try something else on the menu as there is plenty to pick from and all reasonablly priced.
- Blackwell's has change thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012Blackwell's has change there menu. there's only one thing you will have to get used to at one time you were served with a book with the menu know you are served with a pease of paper as the menu that will take a little time for us to get used too, some how that's kind of cheap for a fancy Resturant. No problems with the food just the menu.Special Features:
- Went to Blackwells with someOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Went to Blackwells with some out of town guests, expecting the same Blackwells steak menu. What a surprise, they've changed! I have to admit I was taken aback at first but after we took a deep breath and read the new menu we were pleasantly surprised. I had the spinach and goat cheese pizza and the fresh spaghetti, YUM! Hubby had his usual, aged Porterhouse and said it was just as good as he rememebered. Our guests shared the Bibb Salad to start then had the Striped Bass and the LI Duck. The food was amazing. Service was nice, adequate without being in your face. For dessert we shared the creme brulee assortment and the key lime tart...WOW, talk about flavor! Hubby and I have already made reservations to go back!!!Special Features:
- We have eaten at Blackwell'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2012We have eaten at Blackwell's before and had much better experiences in the past. We felt extremely rushed, despite the fact that we were there for our anniversary and hoped for a romantic experience. My husband's plate portion was extremely small, and my pasta dish was not tasty at all. The dessert, although very tasty, was also an extremely small portion. Definitely not worth the $170 we spent. This will be our last dinner at Blackwell's.
- I have been to Blackwell'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/7/2012I have been to Blackwell's for dinner several times, as well as hosted two occasions, and each experience has been wonderful. It is an intimate dining opportunity you definitely must try.Special Features:
- New Menu's A Big Hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2012Blackwells has always been our favorite place to go for the best food around, but they recently changed their menus and the change is so welcoming. We love the food and have since we found it a few years ago but we were growing tired of the steak dominated menu. New menus were a big hit. I had the Shrimp appetizer and the Duck and my husband had the Risotto and Striped Bass, all was WONDERFUL. Such flavor and variety. Now we can't wait to go back to try the other items.Special Features: