4686 S Atlanta Rd SE
Smyrna, GA 30080Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.blackstoneatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4047946100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Blackstone is an ideal location to host your next special event. We feature a full service bar, onsite catering, and two private banquet rooms for you and your guests. We hosts charity events, corporate functions, lunch meetings, birthday celebrations, wedding receptions, and many more types of events. Please contact us to receive additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Collazo 7708554098
- Entertainment: Blackstone features live entertainment Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Thursday Kurt Thomas or Ian Schumacher performs your favorite acoustical hits from the 70's, 80's and 90's and originals. Fridays and Saturdays we do Locals Only nights featuring local artists, Burt Mabry, Liz Love, Wes Yokam, and many more.
A word from Blackstone
Blackstone is located in the Vinings/Smyrna area of Atlanta and is noted for top quality steaks, the freshest seafood available and great service. Blackstone offers an award winning 140 bottle wine list with over 30 selections by the glass. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackstone reviews from OpenTable diners
- Restaurant Was CLOSED!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2014The restaurant wasn't open and apparently hasn't been for some time! Our night was really messed up because we had planned a wonderful night out but since the restaurant wasn't open we couldn't find another reservation for our second choice at Canoe. It completely ruined our night out and I am very disappointed in OpenTable for not being up to date on their restaurants and whether they are open or not!
- Closed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2014Got a call about three hours prior to my reservation telling me the restaurant was closed on a Thursday night. So the entire function of your service was a waste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly disappointedweber12Dined on 2/15/2014I have been to Blackstone many times and always leave with nothing but great things to say and usually the food is amazing. Not this time. They only had 3 appetizers to choose from and only 5 entrees. I know this is not their normal menue so I was aggrivated we wernt told before we were seated that they had a limited menue that evening. My grilled shrimp dinner I got was just ok and probably should have been cooked longer. Our waitress want very knowledgeable about the liquors they carried and it didnt seem to bother her one bit. My side dish was forgotten and brought out late. I was completely annoyed by the time we left. I was a server for many years so I know how things should be and as a server it should matter if customers are happySpecial Features:
- Valentine's VisitSCDJDined on 2/14/2014The menu was fixed for Valentine's Day, which I did not know when making the reservation. It would have been nice to have the choice of the full menu that I reviewed in making my choice to visit the establishment. All told the dining experience was fine, the attention by the staff was excellent, especially since they were running 30 mins. behind on reservation seating. I would visit them again to experience their normal dining options. Food arrived promptly and met expectations with the exception of the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- valentine dinner gone bad1DarkchildDined on 2/14/2014I would like to start this review by saying that I really enjoy coming to Blackstone steakhouse because of the ambience and staff is fantastic but on Valentine's Day that evening the restaurant ran out of filet mignon which my date was very set on eating and all we had to settle for what some chicken which did not go over well with me or my date for that particular evening this will be my only complaint other than that everything else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was nice. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was nice. Great scene and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceknyseDined on 2/14/2014Maybe it was because I went on Valentine's day but the service was horrible. Our reservation was for 9 but we didn't get seated until 9:30 which was fine, but we didn't get waited on until 9:45pm, and didn't get to order our food until about 10:00pm....no apology for the slow service or anything. Our food didn't come out until 11:00pm! The food was good but it was a pre set menu so I don't knew why the food took so long to come out. The best part of the night was hearing the owner tell some other customers that were waiting just as long as us that there were no steaks left...why wouldn't you have enough food for the whole night on a major date holiday.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was just perfect. Great Ambiance, Great Food. Very nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for the Service/FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014The first thing our server told us was that it was her first night as a server ever, and this was on Valentine's Day. As this was my first time at the restaurant, this is my one and only experience: wrong food brought out, forgotten silverware, over cooked filet that we had to send back for the right one, and overall not the etiquette I expected for the price of this meal.Special Features:
- Not impressedRdmsDined on 1/31/2014We went with some friends to enjoy a great dinner. Our experience was horrible. Limited menu and drink items. Steak was lukewarm when it arrived. Our friends had been there once before and raved about it. Apparently they are under new ownership, we weren't impressed at all.
- Fantastic in every way. TookBirthdaydinnerDined on 1/25/2014Fantastic in every way. Took My Bride for her Birthday dinner, and even though they were in transition Everything was Great! A special gem is the bartender/waiter Scott, with the BEST sense of humor and Professionalism. Thanks again for making our night Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have never been so uncomfortablejoebruinz1Dined on 1/24/2014I noticed from outside that there were very few people inside and what appeared to be one server. When we walked in there was no one at the hostess stand, this left my wife and I standing and staring, looking around trying to find anyone that worked there who seemed to notice us. After 5 minutes or so I started to walk into the bar area and a gentleman walked toward me and apologized. He then asked us if we would like a table or a booth, we chose booth and were just generally pointed in a direction and told to "pick one". Once seated we 2 completely different dinner menus, the same man who sat us (kind of) said that one was old. With 2 new menus we waited for a server to arrive for 10 minutes and decided we had enough. We promptly left
- Ruined New Years EveRockyDined on 12/31/2013Worst experience. Asked for booth 2 weeks in advance. Given a table in back room. 10 minutes passed with no server. Asked for manager who gave us a booth in main dining room. Table was not set up with silverware, etc. but he said he would take care of it, which he didn't. Another 10 minutes passed. No server. Bus boy brought bread and butter and water. Told him we needed silverware. Did not bring any. Server finally took our order. We told him we need silverware to which he replied "well, you don't have any food yet." Had to dunk our bread in the butter. We had a an 8:30 reservation. Got our appetizers at 9:45. Salads at 10:15. Nothing like eating a ribeye at 10:30 at night. Finally left at 11:15. Never going back.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 12/31/2013The cost was not outlined in the reservation - I thought we were able to order from the regular menu and did not know until we arrived that there was a set rate. The service was terrible. The food quality was poor at best. The Champagne was undrinkable. It not only soured my experience that night, but it is now unlikely I will ever go back.
- The food was very good andjpgdawgsDined on 12/28/2013The food was very good and the service was excellent. The only negative I have is that there could be more parking. The parking lot was small and packed but the restaurant was not packed.Special Features:
- Poor Service kills good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/14/2013Server tried to say they were slow because they were busy. There were too many open tables for them to be busy...plus lots of servers were standing around while a few were hustling. You manager never stopped by to see how we were doing...and we made it clear to our server that we were not thrilled with the amount of time everything was taking...10-15mins before our first interaction at the table (drink orders). As our server recognized we were not happy, he tried to give us two pieces of cheese We declined. If he had offered us a choice of dessert that would have been more impactful, It felt like they kitchen plated two extra desserts for the large private party table and we were getting the left overs.
- Always enjoy Blackstones.angnevDined on 12/14/2013Always enjoy Blackstones. Great ambiance and good for local steak/seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was horrible andNogoodDined on 12/7/2013The service was horrible and the chef needs to go back to school!
- DisappointingTechDined on 11/20/2013I have eaten at Blackstone many times and this was a very disappointing experience. The service was very slow. We had to wait nearly 40 minutes for our meal and the food was just okay. There were only 7 people in the entire restaurant, so the kitchen was not over loaded. I hope they get straightened out quickly, or this Smyrna gem won't make it.
- Empty!va5000Dined on 11/16/2013We realized upon entering Blackstone that a reservation was not necessary. There was one person in the bar area. And one other couple in a booth in the dining area. The meal and service was very good, it just felt a little awkward being the only people there. We couldn't help but over hear the other couple's conversation because the place was so quiet. I hope they don't go out of business! The restaurant is truly a gem for Smyrna, I would hate to see them go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor OperationLarryDined on 11/15/2013The service was slow, the music was pitiful, the food was mediocre, We have been going here for 10 years nand never had such a bad experience as Friday.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAngieDined on 11/15/2013Blackstone was recommended to us by a friend. Honestly our expectations were not high because usually when we go to a steak place we leave feeling that it wasn't worth the money. Last time we went out for a steak dinner we went to Hal's and it was great BUT we left with a big FAT bill that was hard to justify. Blackstone had great steaks, cooked perfectly, seasoned well and priced right. Service was great too. The baked potato was awesome. The skin was crispy and had been coated in Kosher salt which made it so yummy. We tried two sauces on the side, a caper cream sauce and a veal demi glace and both were excellent but I preferred the caper cream. We will return and advise friends to go. Im thinking girls night :) with wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Vinings and SmyrnaMWCBVIPDined on 11/9/2013Food always excellent and the noise level is such that you can actually carry on a conversation with your dining pardners. If the bar area is too noisy, you can always get them to close the glass door. One of our favorite neighborhood restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013This use to be a fabulous neighborhood gem. We use to come here often. Our last visit was so disappointing. Service staff was confused and slow. Food was mediocre and the atmosphere looked like it had been stripped down. So sad as this use to be our favorite date night!
- Got to restaurant on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2013Got to restaurant on a Friday night at 6:50pm. We sat at our table till 7:35pm waiting for a waiter/waitress to come take our order. I had to get up and find someone and ask them to come take our order. At the time there were only 2-3 tables occupied in restaurant, so it was not like they were crazy busy. Got our food about 30 minutes after we were finally able to order. Food was good but experience of waiting and waiting was not.
- downward spiralUpperWestsiderVIPDined on 10/22/2013As a neighborhood frequent diner, it's sad to see how low Blackstone has sunk--Everything has gone downhill from service to food--needs complete overhaul.
- disappointinghopefulDined on 10/16/2013Looking for a great dining experience and was very disappointed. Ribeye was slathered with some sauce, The filet was tasteless.Waiter was personable, but totally untrained. Bread, but no bread plates, never got anything without asking. He only had one more table. We had a $110 bottle of wine and he just opened it and poured three glasses!! Expensive without measuring up in any way.
- Downhill for BlackstoneTommyyaDined on 10/5/2013Blackstone use to serve exceptional meals and always be packed. Our visit was very disappointing and we don't plan on returning. The entree tasted like it had been stored for a week and pulled out to thaw and heat. There were four of us and each person ordered a dfferent entree and all four agreed, the food was mediocer. The prices are way too high for the entrees as well as other choices. Needless to say we were very disappointed and don't expect Blackstone to be in operation much longer. Very few people were eating dinner that night.
- Just OKFoodieDined on 10/1/2013We ate dinner on a Tuesday evening. We were 1 of only 3 tables in the main dining room. I ordered the pear salad. When it arrived, I was told they were out of pears and that apples had been substituted. (I wasn't asked in advance if I still wanted the salad.) We both had steak which was very good, cooked exactly to the correct temperature. We had the peach cobbler, which we were told was the best of their desserts. It was OK. The menu online is not correct - there are fewer options, especially for dessert. As for the atmosphere, there's not much. Music was too loud for the quiet dining room. Also, very near our booth there was a big air blower that was unsightly. Waitress was fine, not overly friendly or responsive.
- An oasis in a busy dayContractGuyDined on 9/25/2013Blackstone was a great Oasis at the end of a busy day. It was a good quiet place for a business meeting with great food, outstanding service and a quiet ambiance where you could talk and hear yourself think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS FANTASTIC!BigScottATLVIPDined on 9/14/2013As always my dinner at Blackstone on Saturday was wonderful! This is a true old style steak house that is a definite treat; everything from the ambiance, fantastic service, diverse & unique menu items, is something I look forward to! Be it a romantic first date, marriage proposal, impress friends or your boss, etc, THIS is where you take them. The food was astounding and the service is always perfect; friendly with the right degree of professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2013I've been to sparsely attended restaurants before, but we were literally the only 2 people there at 8:00 on a Friday night. I felt so badly for the restaurant owners and servers. The food was great. I guess it's just a bad location. Hope it picks up soon! There's something that feels odd about being in a beautiful restaurant completely by yourself.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ugh!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2013The restaurant was empty and decor tacky. Menu was food spotted and questionable choices (frozen). We left within five minutes.
- Glad I made a reservation.....JessVIPDined on 9/10/2013We were the only people in the entire restaurant this past Tuesday night.... The service was pretty slow considering we were the only entrees they had to make. We were never offered a drink menu. It wasn't bad, but its never good to be the only person in a restaurant. Maybe on Friday and Saturday's it is jam packed? With so many other restaurants in Vinings/Atlanta, I doubt I will be back.
- Gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2013We were looking forward to dining at Blackstone's once again. What a disappointment. Not really a premier steak house anymore. Can you really be a steakhouse with two steak choices? Limited seafood. Poor presentation. Slow, sporadic service. Poor quality overall and needs a good dusting. Maybe take a look at the air conditioner, too.
- What happened?DinersRUsVIPDined on 8/31/2013Blackstone has changed and not for the better. We have dined there several times and enjoyed each time. Last night it was a different place. The menu has changed. The kitchen was slow. And the food was mediocre and pricey for the quality/quantity. We will not return.
- great nighttbh52Dined on 8/29/2013we enjoyed our experience ...food was great ...service was goodSpecial Features:
- Great ManagementBrandiDined on 8/28/2013I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I'd definitely go back! I was very pleased and impressed with my server and the General Manager/Chef J.P. Though our reservation was very late and they were out of some items, they took really good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is Okay!Looking4GoodFoodDined on 8/28/2013The food was okay, but I would not recommend the Hummus. Also, I did not feel like they truly honored the gift certificate that was given to my wife for her birthday. If you sell the gift certificate, then honor it. Do not add limitations at the restaurant.
- Blackstone has gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013This was the first time at Blackstone for me and my wife. We'd heard good things about it from friends and family in the past, but it seems the quality has declined. I ordered the ribeye steak with frites and brussel sprouts. The steak was poorly seasoned and extremely fatty (even for a ribeye). My frites tasted closer to fast food french fries and the brussel sprouts were decent, but nothing to write home about. My wife's salmon and grilled shrimp was better, but again not spectacular. A steakhouse should probably close it's doors if they can't pull off an above average steak and frites. I'm rating it "fair" because my wife's meal was okay. This place is not worth the price.