10 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.blackstonesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (631) 271-7780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-till late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Lanza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackstone Steakhouse
Blackstone Steakhouse is a great choice whenever you're in the mood for hand selected prime dry aged steaks, the freshest seafood, raw bar, sushi bar, or delicious wood fired lobster. All served in an inviting, sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blackstone Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Melville ›
Blackstone Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)good for groups (93)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (73)romantic (72)hot spot (65)vibrant bar scene (57)neighborhood gem (51)great for lunch (36)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Client LunchBeauty7Dined on 11/24/2014Had Lunch with a Prospective Client today. I enjoy Blackstone for the quality of the food, Impeccable Service & good wine selections. I arrived late due to construction conditions & I was advised by the greeter that my Client had not arrived. I sat in the sitting area for about 15 minutes; my Client came over as he actually was sitting at the bar all that time Waiting for me. We were seated in the outdoor area & our waiter advised of the specials. We were chatting awhile before we both ordered the same Fish Special; the waiter brought out our Cold Seafood appetizer that was very fresh, however the Fish was no longer available; we ordered another fish Special & that also was not available; my Client ordered Sashimi & Sushi which he enjoyed & I selected the 3rd Fish Special that was tasty. My client requested Green Tea & was advised that it was not available; we both ordered expresso's, & are drinking our coffee when a waitress comes over with the Green Tea & says we found it; my Client declines the Tea and it was left on the table. I prefer eating inside with the more experienced Waitstaff as this is the 2nd time I was a little disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night...bad foodVisitorVIPDined on 11/22/2014We were a group of 8 and had a great table and service. Unfortunately, the steak was very expensive and very bad. Veins of grissle throughout...Special Features:
- great service, excellent food very priceyIeatAlotVIPDined on 11/22/2014If you want the best this is the place to eat. Fabulous service, nice room and great steak! Bring credit card with high limit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014So I found this restaurant on Open Table. I made reservations for 11/22 and on that day I received a call confirming. We got there and about 5 minutes later we were seated. We had 3 people tend to our needs at all times! Very pleasant, and informative. The ambiance was romantic and beautiful. The food was delicious. Cooked exactly how we wanted it. We both had steak and shared our sides of green beans and baked potatoe since it was HUGE portions. I had shrimp tempura for appetizer and my husband had the Cesar salad. Both really amazing. I will return. My husband loved his birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensiveabcdDined on 11/21/2014I've eaten at Blackstone 3 times in the past before this occasion. This time I left mostly unimpressed and with a large bill. I ordered a filet mignon that was cooked to medium temperature but was bone dry. My wife ordered a fish special of the evening only to be told almost immediately after ordering that they had run out of it. It was only 8:30 PM so that seemed a bit early to have run out of your evening's special. The other thing I found annoying was that they sat us in a row of tables that was across from the bar. For the most part it wasn't bad, but there was one group of men who were having a loud argument with one another directly behind us. A manager never came by to ask them to leave or to quiet down. So much for a quiet night out for my wife and I without our kids. All in all, I've dined at plenty of other steakhouses on LI and in NYC where I've had better food and atmosphere for a lot less money.Special Features:
- CookieVIPDined on 11/21/2014Excellent as usual....Mary and Blanca were exceptional! Bronzino is always perfect!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014Always top shelf. Expensive but totally worth it. Our server Dan did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service, but probably won't be backld141Dined on 11/15/2014The food tasted great, but my husband and I didn't feel well after getting home. It's also very pricey, which is not shocking for a steakhouse, and it was jam packed. The tables are right on top of the other.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantRAJ6848Dined on 11/15/2014The overall experience was great from the time you entered the door until the time you left. Staff was very pleasant and attentive to your needs and requests. The Waiter and Waitress we had was very knowledgeable about the menu and specials. Food was excellent and the steaks were cooked to each of our taste. Rare was rare, Medium Rare was Medium Rare. Highly recommend for that special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014potatoes were ice cold. Reservations were early yet deserts were already sold out. Waiter dropped food in candle and left it to burn during entire mealSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnerswampblazeDined on 11/9/2014Went to Blackstones for my sons birthday......had the lobster mac & cheese for an app which was good but a little runny. ordered 2 steaks and decided not to have any sides ($9 baked potato), staff seemed put off by that. Steaks were fantastic! didn't want dessert because we had a cake at home, but the staff was a little put off by that too...they brought out a plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate with a tiny square of cheesecake and 1/2 of a chocolate whoopie pie. nice touch but not requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveRichieDined on 11/8/2014Nice place, great food, but wayyyyy over priced. This place is more expensive than some of the top steakhouses in NYC. I can go to a steakhouse in Manhattan and get the same cuts of meat for $30 cheaper. A glass of house wine was $15 and my cocktail was $19. That's again, more than nycrecommend this place only to my friends that don't mind spending $250-300 on dinner for two. Other than that, I don't recommend.
- Dinner outAudimanDined on 11/8/2014The service was great, very attentive and a relaxed feeling was evident. The steaks and specials were of a vast array and done very wellSpecial Features:
- This place is greatMikeVIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was delicious. Everything was fresh and deliciously prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kkstorjoDined on 11/7/2014Food was great , Service very good. Drinks Good , Love the patio room . sushi was very fresh . Steak cooked perfect.Special Features:
- Great foodHappyinloveDined on 11/7/2014Amazing food. Very expensive. Worth it for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Wine TastingTellersloverVIPDined on 11/7/2014Efrem, sommelier, is excellent. His wine selections get better and better. Steaks are delicious. Sushi roll with Joe's crab is amazing. No matter what you select, the food is excellent. Service is excellent. If you have not tried this restaurant. It is a must.Special Features:
- Business Meeting FriendlyBusinessDinerDined on 11/5/2014Had a business meeting dinner at the restaurant and it was excellent. The service was good, the food outstanding and the ambience perfect. We asked for a table in a quiet location and got exactly what we asked for in our reservation. The staff was attentive and professional and I would highly recommend this restaurant as a business meeting location.Special Features:
- Tender FiletsJustpassinthruDined on 11/3/2014The filet mignon was the most tender and flavorful fillet I have had in recent years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginal at bestLonelyDined on 11/2/2014Only the steak was a disappointment. The first 1/2 inch on both sides was really well done and the middle was cold. Probably too hot of a fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic and consistentLovingLifeDined on 11/2/2014Blackstone has consistentry provided quality food and service since they opened their doors. I have yet to eat something I don't like off their menu. Everything is always cooked to perfection. They are obviously known for their steak...and you will never be disappointed...but the item that unexpectedly delighted me this past visit was the homemade donuts. Such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014The food was delicious! The service by Terry and Victoria was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful StaffMimiDined on 11/1/2014It has not been my experience that I can review a restaurant and highlight the staff. This time is one of those rare times. From the valet covering me with an umbrella and helping me to the door, to the hostesses that welcomed us, to the introduction of the waitstaff and their service, it was quite a wonderful surprise. It also turned out that the hostess overheard my friend wishing me a happy anniversary when my husband and I arrived. When we ordered a shared desert, she had the kitchen plate it with the words, Happy Anniversary, written with with chocolate. How lovely and what a surprise. It took awhile for us to figure out how this happened. This was lovely and certainly a showcase of the people who serve the customerSpecial Features:
- Great food but overpricedNantipaDined on 11/1/2014We came here for a special occasion, otherwise we would never come to Blackstone. We can have just as good of a time somewhere else without going broke.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014The steak was magnificent, perfectly cooked and seasoned. The atmosphere was a little shocking, next to the dining area was a bar/lounge and the music was blasting- we were not expecting that as we thought it was just a dinner restaurant and if they were to have a lounge, it would be more divided especially with the loud music. I would come again just for the steak.
- One of the bestValbrookDined on 10/30/2014Friendly staff at front desk. Very short wait due to having reservation, choice of seating. wait staff and servers very professional and friendly.steaks were delicious, worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC without the trip & $50 parkingKidsarepeople2Dined on 10/26/2014Great food, great wine list, smart staff, convenient location. Love it! Don't leave without trying the lobster mac & cheese ..... It is amazing. Friends at the table even raved about the baked potato. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Food, service and ambiance outstanding. The staff couldn't be more accommodating and the presentation of food excellent.Special Features:
- Sunday DiningMakeItTastyDined on 10/26/2014Six of us visited Blackstone this past Sunday and took advantage of a menu for Sundays that includes items for $80, $90 and $100. The portions were large. I noted that the waiter did not charge us for a second round of sodas at our table. We were not looking to spend the kind of money we might on a Friday or Saturday night and after attending a Halloween party the night before we weren't interested in wine/spirits. Blackstone has a great website and you're best to find out more on these Sunday offerings there. It does include an appetizer, dessert and coffee so the price is very fair. If there were a rating for "Value", I'd give it 5 stars. Service was excellent; a salads had to be returned but the issue was rectified quickly.Special Features:
- YUM as alwaysToJoPoVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was great. Hubby's steak was perfect (which he has issues with at many steakhouses). My veal chop was perfect too. Fun night!!!Special Features:
- eatoutoftenDined on 10/25/2014We have had dinner at Blackstone several times & keep going back, especially for special occasions, because it is so special. The food is outstanding & the staff is friendly, attentive & genuine. This time was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse.cmgparsonsVIPDined on 10/21/2014WOW.....this is a LOUD ENERGETIC steakhouse. We visited on a Tuesday night in October and every seat was filled. Mostly male businessmen, including two large private parties in separate rooms. We were a party of two. Our servers John & John were extremely professional & very knowledgeable about the daily specials. Our meal was outstanding......Blackstone could compete with any of the top NYC steakhouses. Of course it is $$$$ and, did I mention, very LOUD!!! Not a quiet romantic space, but definitely a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- BlackstoneTravellerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Great service warm and inviting atmosphere and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Steep PricesDebDDined on 10/18/2014The service is good, portions large, and the steaks and sushi are excellent. But the prices are way up there in the stratosphere. HEY, this is not Manhattan. Specials were particularly insanely priced . ( Really, a $34 sushi roll?) Go on a special occasion and do not expect to get out without spending about $100 pp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackstone is a true gemJohn1Dined on 10/17/2014The service and the people who work there are phenominal. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeble about the entire menu. They are happy to serve you and smiles and laughter are always present. The food was excellent. My wife had the salmon and it was excellent. The spinach was great and the tomato salad was very tasty. i had the stuffed lobster special and it was amazing. We will definitely be back for the atmosphere, and the people and most of all the food. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceJackDined on 10/16/2014Last visit on Thursday night 10/15. Had a few drinks at the bar, which was very crowded, but not uncomfortable due to the large open space. Sat for dinner at around 7:30. Sushi and steak were outstanding!! Service was excellent. Good wine and other accompaniments. Be prepared to pay for what you're getting because it's not inexpensive. All in all though, I was satisfied that I got what I paid for. One of the few LI restaurants that rivals what Manhattan has to offer without the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blackstones ......lunch.nassaublue65Dined on 10/16/2014Blackstones is always exceptional food and impeccable service.... took family out that was never there. Special treat and the loved .. especially the nice dessert display ....wine and food... excellent.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday for my 2 girlsVestidoDined on 10/13/2014This past weekend I took both my girls 8 and 12 to Blackstone. After the experience I needed to update my list of favorite places. Blackstone was absolutely flawless with every request and our waiter John could not have authentically helped us have a better time. The entire staff made our dinner absolutely perfect and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tori2Dined on 10/12/2014restaurant itself was nice but we ordered porterhouse steak for one and it was terrible, we would not recommend this restaurant if your looking for a good steak. way overrated very disappointed.
- Order one or two steps downOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/12/2014Went to Blackstones for out anniversary. Salad and sushi was good. Very young wait staff and the professionalism just was not there. Both my steak and my wife's steak came out at least one level if not two greater then what we asked for. It was a shame because the sides were good to. I would choose a different steak house.