10 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.blackstonesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6312717780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-till late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Lanza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackstone Steakhouse
Blackstone Steakhouse is a great choice whenever you're in the mood for hand selected prime dry aged steaks, the freshest seafood, raw bar, sushi bar, or delicious wood fired lobster. All served in an inviting, sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Blackstone Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Melville ›
Blackstone Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)good for groups (72)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (59)romantic (59)vibrant bar scene (49)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (45)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Outstanding Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Last visit on Thursday night 10/15. Had a few drinks at the bar, which was very crowded, but not uncomfortable due to the large open space. Sat for dinner at around 7:30. Sushi and steak were outstanding!! Service was excellent. Good wine and other accompaniments. Be prepared to pay for what you're getting because it's not inexpensive. All in all though, I was satisfied that I got what I paid for. One of the few LI restaurants that rivals what Manhattan has to offer without the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday for my 2 girlsVestidoDined on 10/13/2014This past weekend I took both my girls 8 and 12 to Blackstone. After the experience I needed to update my list of favorite places. Blackstone was absolutely flawless with every request and our waiter John could not have authentically helped us have a better time. The entire staff made our dinner absolutely perfect and we can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order one or two steps downOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/12/2014Went to Blackstones for out anniversary. Salad and sushi was good. Very young wait staff and the professionalism just was not there. Both my steak and my wife's steak came out at least one level if not two greater then what we asked for. It was a shame because the sides were good to. I would choose a different steak house.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I heard about Blackstone from my boss who is a frequent customer there. My wife & I are foodies so we love trying new places. Great ambiance & the staff is friendly & on point! We had a few drinks which were great. The Blackstone supreme roll started us off before having the porterhouse for two with a side of mashed potatoes & sweet kettle corn. The desert was outstanding as we had the cinnabomb and some sort of chocolate cake which name escapes me @ the moment. Everything was great except for that the porterhouse came a little under cooked. We spent about $300 with tip which seems to be in line with other upscale steakhouses. We would definitely go back & would definitely recommend to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ev is the best.........CookieVIPDined on 10/10/2014I always give this place a great review, this time I'll shout out to Ev the Sommelier....he consistently suggests a wine that I adore, he knows his customers palette and knows his wines.....his recommendations are always spot on. If you drink wine, Fridays are half priced bottles and this is the man who can take all the guess work out of their extensive wine menu....a true professional and an exceptionally educated Somm.Special Features:
- Fabulous restaurantDebPDined on 10/10/2014We have been to many steakhouses on LI in NYC, and Blackstone really is our favorite. The food speaks for itself. It is by far, the highest quality you can ask for. If you are a wine lover, you won't be disappointed - the choices go on and on. The service, impeccable. I can't say enough good things in praise of this place. Try it and you will know what I mean and will not be disappointed. We've dined here before and will again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $20 worth of saltJoeVVIPDined on 10/9/2014The porterhouse at $65 is way overpriced and came so very heavily salted. My partner refused to return it. My fish was $43 with no sides and a bit dry. Will think hard about going back.Special Features:
- Not so romantic anniversaryFlowerDined on 10/9/2014Went there, was told was great.went for 15th wedding anniversary.looking for a nice romantic evening.very loud in he restaurant, music made me feel like I was at a night club.the waiter brought the wrong meal for my husband, instead of being told that they were sorry and they would correct it immediately, they said it will take a while to bring the correct food. I already had my meal so my husband ate what was given. The food was delicious but not what we ordered. Also our booth was right next to where the wait staff enters the food order. Very busy and loud right by our table. I would think the ordering computer would be in a corner to not bother the customers instead of in the middle of the dining area right next the the few booths.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSissyDined on 10/6/2014My boyfriend & I came here for our anniversary dinner. We arrived early (an hour before our reservation) and were seated in a large booth right away. The service was great. The appetizer (the short ribs) was outstanding! We both ordered the 10 oz. filet, with sides of French fries and kettle corn. The steak was not what we were hoping for, we both ordered medium and they were clearly different colors. Needed to salt/pepper/use all of the steak sauce. French fries were okay, kettle corn was great. We ordered the special cinnamon sugar donuts for dessert, they were outstanding! The staff sang happy anniversary, wrote it on the plate and comped the dessert!Special Features:
- Great MealMortyGoldDined on 10/5/2014Went with a party of 5 and seated at the time of our reservation. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal from start to finish. Our server Terry provided excellent service. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special ocasionsFoodfreakDined on 10/4/2014Everything about this place was fantastic from amazing appetizers to the attentive wait staff. The only negative we experienced was a table across from us with some very loud drunk patrons. If I could afford it I would eat at this place every weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but greatTruefoodieDined on 10/4/2014Best steakhouse in Long Island and the sushi is great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceCookieVIPDined on 10/3/2014Love everything about Blackstones! Great food, service and ambiance from Eddie the Valet man to Ev, the sommelier and Dennis the server....always great!Special Features:
- First time but not lastTataDined on 10/3/2014I have been considering to dine out at Blackstone several times, once for Family event, but never did. Finaly, Mt wife's golden birthday was arriving fast. I started to look for some place ; elgant atmosphere, excellent food, Family style and close by. I finaly picked black stone, just to find out how easy to make RSVP on line, and as I was completing the resveration, I was reminded, if I wanna order floor for the occasion. We arrived on time to find the table ready, the floor already was on the table, my wife was so astonished. We spend the next 2 1/2 hours enjoying the great food with an excellent service and a birthday song and complementry desseret. Every one loved especialy my wife and 10 yrs old son. Thumb upSpecial Features:
- Excellentpinajd04VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great service and food. Good business lunch place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martha333VIPDined on 9/28/2014Always great food and service. The steak was superb as were the chops and fish. A great place to dine.Special Features:
- Food took a very long time.LilybeanDined on 9/27/2014We have dined here numerous times prior. Always had a great experience. On Saturday, we were out to celebrate my birthday and the birth of our first child. First night out in a while. Our sever Steven was great! He was knowledgeable and recommended great new items/specials. Our dinner took well over an hour after our appetizer. We were not in a rush, however what could take so long for dinner? Our server had apologized, but we didn't ask what was the hold up. Once our dinner came to the table , a "manager" stopped by the table and said," how are you guys doing over hea?" No apology, and not very professional. Also, one thought, Serving the Wagu steak, Maybe it should be cut table side? $85 piece of meat, served cold topped the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is just ok1WLINYDined on 9/26/2014The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Wait staff is knowledgeable. Food is just "ok" - my medium steak was over-cooked and a bit on the dry side. I expected more. I won't be coming back
- Superficial-super expensive-subparThundar65Dined on 9/26/20142nd time we've eaten here and came away both times with same perspective. Horde of waiters, hosts and staff are very attentive and decor is sleek... but food is over-priced for the quality (made up for in quantity). One also feels that the staff lose a little interest in you right away if you order tap water vs. bottled water. Feels like a great deal of time and attention is paid to the look and feel of Blackstone,and that part is very nice... but I just can't get over feeling the food just isn't that flavorful, interesting or well prepared. My halibut dish was a substantial piece of fish with lots of interesting visual items on the plate... but not much to excite the palate. For $250 I'd much rather go to Crossroad in Northport twice!Special Features:
- Steakhouse connoisseursLizzieVIPDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I have eaten at numerous steakhouses and this is definitely in the top 5 of the ones we've eaten at. Not only was the steak amazing but the sushi as well. A little pricey compared to other high end steakhouses but worth a visit especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best birthday everBirthdaygirlDined on 9/20/2014Cant say enough everything was perfect. Your staff went above and beyond and this was a great night. The food was great. The bartenders nailed the cocktails and the waiter Michael was a force to reckoned with. VERY HAPPY and it was not my first time there but it was the best time there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The service is great the food is excellent but the male customers are slobs. If you are a man and cannot take the time to put on a long pair of dress pants or a shirt with a color than do me a favor and go to Arbys or Mac Donald's. If you don't care about yourself show some respect for your wife.Special Features:
- Couples night outCityeatsDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation and were seated immediately. The list of specials was amazing. Many delicious choices. The service was a bit slow, but the food was great. The place is beautiful and the staff very friendly.Special Features:
- Snobs!BABSVIPDined on 9/20/2014Atmosphere outside was beautiful. Food was very good but way overpriced. Waiter was a snob with a I'm better than you attitude especially when we didn't order any drinks or appetizers. May not return for this reason.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantfoodtasterDined on 9/20/2014everything from the drinks, the service, the food were spectacular. first time there and they will replace my restaurant of first choice to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in MelvilleFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Excellent, high end steak house in Melville. A bit on the pricey side but very well worth it. Great appetizers and entrees. Steaks were cooked exactly as requested with outstanding flavor. Service was excellent. It is definitely worth a visit. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Jnc114Dined on 9/13/2014The steak is consistently delicious and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upSteakmanDined on 9/13/2014I do not give praise easily, but Blackstone is truly a cut above. From the bar, to the room, to the service, to the food, to the general atmosphere Blackstone delivers. These people run a tight and tasteful ship. And if you are looking for a romantic dinner you can't do better than this place. It is now my new favorite and will probably hold that spot for many years.Special Features:
- The joy of black stonesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Fabulous oysters great steak good wine a must place to dineSpecial Features:
- Another Great Meal at Blackstone'sTaxprofsDined on 9/13/2014When you dine at Blackstone's, you have a right to expect a great meal. They never disappoint. The steaks were excellent, the service was very professional and attentive and the ambiance was perfect. A little noisy which is what one expects in a steakhouse these days. We look forward to our return visit which I hope is not too far in the future.Special Features:
- ServicebdaydinnerDined on 9/13/2014Drinks took a little too long to get. They made it seem they went out to the farm to pick the fruit then juice it by hand and put it all together. That's how long it felt (exaggerating slightly but took longer than it should) I'm assuming bar service was busy that day and couldn't produce fast enough but I guess this restaurant is based more off quality than quantity.Special Features:
- Service and QualitywhiskersDined on 9/13/2014My husband, cousin and her husband, and myself dined at Blackstone to celebrate my husband's birthday. The waiter was extremely attentive and even had a candle in my husband's delicious desert and brought other waiters to our table to serenade him "Happy Birthday"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTccr2012Dined on 9/12/2014All of the food was amazing! Our service was great! They seated us right away. We could comfortably have a conversation with each other. We spent more than we were planning but that's because we splurged on the appetizer and dessert specials of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticK3fornowDined on 9/11/2014This is a must try restaurant! Although a little pricey, the quality of the meal will be worth it. I had the crab cake appy, Filet & Mandarin Orange Cheesecake which were all terrific and I would recommend to all! The service was amazing. Waiter was very attentive and offer many suggestions which was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner placeStanVIPDined on 9/9/2014The service we received, from the Valet parking attendant to the attention that we received from the wait staff and the manager was exceptional. They made sure that the drinks and the food was exactly the way we wanted it.Special Features:
- Extremely DisappointingworldfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I have been to this restaurants many times in the past, years ago, and it was great. Now, not so much. Steaks are overcooked, I even went for a burger one night during the week, it was like a hockey puck. You would be much better off dining in their sister restaurant, Rare 650, where the chef knows how to get the temperature correct on the meat. I don't know what is going on there, but if you like your meat well done, its the right place for you. Otherwise, STAY AWAY!Special Features:
- DessertcdisasDined on 9/7/2014Needs improvement and cigar list needs updating with ratings/new cigars.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantJosephDined on 9/6/2014Have been too Blackstone Steakhouse many times and keep returning. Although there prices are on the high side there service is outstanding and so is the food they prepare. The steaks are so tender they can almost be cut with a fork. Wish they would add crème brule to the menu, that's the only desert missing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedFancypantsDined on 9/5/2014I had thought blackstone would be an amazing steakhouse. However, the server really pushed their seafood selection and the steak wasn't the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- A must for Great Sushi Steak WineTellersloverVIPDined on 9/5/2014Blackstone's is a must for great sushi, fish, steak and wine (nice selection of interesting cocktails as well). Wine list is extensive, the sommelier is personable, knowledgeable with perfect recommendations of the most interesting, great wines served in an elegant decanter. So many wonderful steak selections, sushi is fresh and delicious. Service is top notch. Serving staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and top notch. If you have not tried, Blackstone's is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.