10 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.blackstonesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6312717780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-till late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Lanza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackstone Steakhouse
Blackstone Steakhouse is a great choice whenever you're in the mood for hand selected prime dry aged steaks, the freshest seafood, raw bar, sushi bar, or delicious wood fired lobster. All served in an inviting, sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackstone Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)good for groups (66)vibrant bar scene (53)romantic (53)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (51)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (34)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- Consistently GreatKidsarepeople2Dined on 8/27/2014We have enjoyed quiet dinners for 2 and hosted a party for 20 in a private room. Blackstone never disappoints. Great drinks, food and service.Special Features:
- best yet.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It was my wife's birthday and I needed somewhere special to celebrate,so I remembered that I've been there one time before and absoluty loved it.Called and made some dining reservations for us,it was so easy that after that all we had to do was show up.got there at 7pm,it was all about how they placed us at our table to the service we got,must say it was the best.my wife had a great time.We will defiantly revisite soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miyochunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I have been here numerous time on business with my clients and every time the outcome is complete satisfaction! The service is great from the moment you walk through the door. The seafood tower and sushi are delicious. The menu has something for everyone. I prefer the patio room seating. It is a little quieter and cozy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great-no exceptions!ScottyVIPDined on 8/25/2014This was probably my 50th time here. Cant get enough. Just awesome!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceEspoDined on 8/23/2014It was a fantastic evening. It was an anniversary and our servers made sure that the evening went perfectly. You have two servers, and we unfortunately did not "gel" with one of the servers (not that he was bad, we just didn't connect). He must have noticed because it went from a 50/50 split to a 75/25 split with the other server being there more. Very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was great. We love a good steakhouse and this place is top notch. The service really was impeccable, very attentive but not overwhelming, perfect balance. To top it all off, when my lady went to the bathroom our server asked what her favorite desert was and for our names and made a great desert platter for us saying "Happy Anniversary" GO NOW. BOOK IT!!Special Features:
- LunchNewtonDined on 8/22/2014Excellent lunch- the food was great - service excellent and there was space around to have a good business discussionSpecial Features:
- never disappointsOwooblyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Blackstone is always very good , even excellent! The servers a knowledgable. Meat/seafood/sushi always top notch. great wine list...I never had a bad or even mediocre meal there. I will say that it's expensive; however I don't mind high prices if you have consistently high quality. ( which they do) They do have pretty good specials on Monday nights. weekends can be a bit crazySpecial Features:
- Great service!LEB1234Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I went there this last Saturday night. He ordered crabs and I had a steak. My wine had a fly in it and they of course, gave me a new glass. My steak was chewy and they were nice about it and gave us a "free" desert. I liked the ambiance of the place but the food was okSpecial Features:
- Upscale service and foodDinnerreview1Dined on 8/16/2014I was surprised how casual but up scale it was. It wasn't overcrowded and it was a energetic atmosphere. The tables were spaced far enough apart so we didn't feel crowded. My wife and I ordered Filet Mignon and the Lobster tail, the server even offered to remove it from the shell and cut it in half for us! The lobster tasted creamy and sweet, the only complaint I have it the tail was luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior DiningLuv2dineDined on 8/15/2014A must go to. great ambiance, food, mood, a great place to take that special someone on a date they will never forget.Special Features:
- Great for steakConsistentVIPDined on 8/15/2014Meats were of the quality you pay for? We had veal chops and they were ample and cooked well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Got a nice table. Ordered lots of appetizers rather than large dinner. For the most part the food was good but for the price it should be very good. I enjoyed the kobe beef you cook on a stone. Also order a chicken cesear salad. They were very generous with the amount of chicken but the chciken needed to be cut into smaller pieces, the lettuce needed to be a lot colder and the dressing was so so. the rest of the appetizer, mac&cheese, lobster bisque, some bacon dish were goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 th AnniversaryKel64Dined on 8/13/2014It was a very nice place to celebrate our special day. The food was awesome and I would recommend this place for any special occasion that you might have. It's very expensive, Manhattan prices for sure, but it was well worth it for our big night out.Special Features:
- Special OccasionjpalDined on 8/13/2014Blackstone Steakhouse is elegant, romantic and fabulous. With that said, don't expect a moderate bill for an exceptional place with exceptional food. This is a fabulous restaurant for special occasions or when you are trying to win over that client. Blackstone takes care of everything from start to finish. The steaks are superb and the Chilean Sea Bass is above the rest.. Skip Rothmans and Rare650 go straight here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marcDined on 8/11/2014Great VALET SERVICE, mAITRE d was welcoming, good food, wait staff was friendly and accomodating but service was a tad bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...SteakloverDined on 8/10/2014I have been to blackstone many many times (mostly for the sushi) and although it is a good steakhouse there are steakhouses that are much much better on long island. The only thing that is absolutely exceptional is (like i mentioned before) the sushi. The only reason i give the service 5 stars is because after i complained about the terrible piece of meat that they dubbed "rib eye," as compensation, they brought out a free order of kobe steak on a hot rock for free. That was incredible. And if you want that meat instead of normal steak, i hope you worked overtime the night before.Special Features:
- Service!!!Eck103Dined on 8/7/2014Service is second to none!!!!! You never feel rushed and can stay as long as you want. You can take your time to order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULmaris1216Dined on 8/2/2014My boyfriend and I came here for our anniversary, it was our first time at this restaurant, and the food and service was EXCELLENT. We had a waiter named Glen, who was fantastic; extremely friendly and personable, and he went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience at Blackstone. From refilling my boyfriend's coca-cola without him having to ask, to having the wait staff bring us out a special "happy anniversary" dessert and sing to us, everything was just top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a PlaceKWaltDined on 8/2/2014Blackstone's was fantastic! The food was outstanding and the service was even better.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantAprildDined on 8/1/2014This is not my first visit to Blackstone and, as usual, the service and food are very good. We had my grandson with us who has a peanut allergy. Every care was taken to ensure his safety. We sat in the room behind the bar and loved the ambiance! I highly recommend a visit to Blackstone.Special Features:
- SteakhouseTsavVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very Overpriced. Even for a steak house the prices were very high.
- First Time at Blackstone'sTrain99Dined on 7/26/2014The service was outstanding, timely and friendly. The food was very good, cooked as we requested and portions were large, we had the Porterhouse steak for two which could have been for three! We will return and recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See belowLivetorunDined on 7/26/2014Went here for my bday dinner. Don't get out much with kids. Will never go back. All waitresses talked about was hot hot, firm, tight, good it was to be 18 one of the hostesses were. Very inappropriate right next to my table. They said more but not appropriate to write on here. I had asked for private booth and this was what I got. Right next to computer where they order food. They all were congregating. Mood was ruined and my wife was mortified. Spent a lot of money for an experience that was uncomfortable. Our waiters were excellent. Very disappointing and could have gotten same experience at an outback and saved 200.00. I will not be returning. I'm not a complaining guy but it was just uncomfortableSpecial Features:
- Price does not reflect experienceScottRDined on 7/26/2014I expected better from a high-end steakhouse. It took 25+ minutes to take our orders; I almost thought they'd forgotten about us. Most ordered steak; two ordered chicken. What they called steak sauce was put out; it tasted like very sweet, fruity cocktail sauce; no one used it. Boring beer menu. We'd ordered a porterhouse for four, medium, and a porterhouse for two, medium-rare, but the steak for two was more well-done than the steak for four. I pointed this out to a manager, who agreed it wasn't cooked as ordered and offered to re-fire it; I declined because it would have taken too long. Steak was flavorful but somewhat gristly . The two with the chicken said it was tasteless. Sides dishes were fine. Decaf coffee was stale and awful.
- always greatBuonnnnnVIPDined on 7/23/2014all i can say is always a fabulous meal...service is always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Successful LunchMikeylikesitVIPDined on 7/22/2014Top shelf food and service. I ordered a cold seafood platter that was expanded from an appetizer to entree. The seafood was very fresh. My four table mates ordered steaks or salad and they enjoyed their lunch as well. Prices for lunch are on the high side, about 30-55 dollars for lunch is a bit much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...FoodieDined on 7/22/2014Like it's Smithtown version Insignia, the over the top pricing does not match the good, but not excellent food. Steaks do not taste better because they cost $20 more than comparable steaks at other well known LI steakhouses. $50 sushi rolls are no where near as good as rolls half the price at most fine sushi places. Service is professional and that does make a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 oz rib eyeBBQsmokerDined on 7/19/2014I had the 30 oz rib eye, which is not inexpensive at $65, but is a treat. I've come to Blackstone six times and each time they cook the steak just as I request it and make the experience worth returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, ok foodjw718Dined on 7/18/2014Our servers were wonderful! The food was just ok. My steak was ordered medium but came out raw. Was taken back and retired but just wasn't great.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceRichDined on 7/18/2014Service from the time you park the car till you finish your dessert is Fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great atmosphere, ok fooddscoentVIPDined on 7/15/2014excellent sushi, but steaks are only ok and expensive. This has been my experience many times. Prime is a better choice for steak, but Blackstone is more convenient. A manager happened to stop by and asked me about my steak and I told her it was a little overcooked. She offered to remake it which I declined as it was edible and didn't want to wait for a new one since my party was almost halfway thru our food. But I expect to have some discount or free dessert offer when this happens and did not. So $50+ for medium quality steak again.Special Features:
- Great steaksPickyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Big, noisy, good food. Great steak & sushi. Have gone many times.Special Features:
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 7/9/2014A very live bar scene and crowded dining area creates the anticipation for a gastronomical experience. The service is overwhelming, the food is good but the price point is obscene. the restaurant does Not compete with quality of NYC rivals but charges more. Overall it was a good evening but I would not return for food just for the a drink outdoor or at the barSpecial Features:
- Consistently enjoyableScottyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Blackstone's never disappoints. The food is always really good (the sushi is better than most sushi restaurants!). It's loud at lunch time, but it's a small price to pay for such a great placeSpecial Features:
- Professional lunch meeting placeWorkon110Dined on 7/7/2014Mike C. provided excellent service with a smile. The lunch specials were great.Special Features:
- Excellent food but very expensiveJanpammacDined on 7/5/2014The food is worth the high price. A customer must know the prices in advance or the average person might get huge sticker shock. Delicious food and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the surf and turf specialgogoDined on 7/4/2014Didn't get it. They were 86'd at 630 on July 4th. Ordered a steak special for $65 and wife had the salmon. Both were goodSpecial Features:
- ANOTHER VERY GOOD MEALMarkDined on 7/1/2014Once again we had a very good meal at Blackstones. Requested a quiet table and was seated on their indoor/outdoor patio. Great location, much quieter then main dining room. Started out indoors but they opened up the retractable roof and it was a perfect weather evening and made the meal even better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I eat here all the time . He has many lunch and dinner meetings here to. The food is always at it's best and the service is impeccable !!! We went for my daughters graduation from high school and she really enjoyed it ! They even congratulated her at the end of the meal.Great day great meal !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so great!CookieVIPDined on 6/27/2014as usual everything was perfect, but this review will get 5 stars because of DESSERT!!! however full you are, you have to finish with whatever the "dessert special" is.......!! The pastry chef is genius!!!Special Features: