10 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.blackstonesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6312717780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-till late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Lanza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackstone Steakhouse
Blackstone Steakhouse is a great choice whenever you're in the mood for hand selected prime dry aged steaks, the freshest seafood, raw bar, sushi bar, or delicious wood fired lobster. All served in an inviting, sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackstone Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)good for groups (67)romantic (55)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (50)vibrant bar scene (46)hot spot (42)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (30)great for outdoor dining (26)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- Gem in MelvilleFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Excellent, high end steak house in Melville. A bit on the pricey side but very well worth it. Great appetizers and entrees. Steaks were cooked exactly as requested with outstanding flavor. Service was excellent. It is definitely worth a visit. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Jnc114Dined on 9/13/2014The steak is consistently delicious and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upSteakmanDined on 9/13/2014I do not give praise easily, but Blackstone is truly a cut above. From the bar, to the room, to the service, to the food, to the general atmosphere Blackstone delivers. These people run a tight and tasteful ship. And if you are looking for a romantic dinner you can't do better than this place. It is now my new favorite and will probably hold that spot for many years.Special Features:
- The joy of black stonesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Fabulous oysters great steak good wine a must place to dineSpecial Features:
- Another Great Meal at Blackstone'sTaxprofsDined on 9/13/2014When you dine at Blackstone's, you have a right to expect a great meal. They never disappoint. The steaks were excellent, the service was very professional and attentive and the ambiance was perfect. A little noisy which is what one expects in a steakhouse these days. We look forward to our return visit which I hope is not too far in the future.Special Features:
- Service and QualitywhiskersDined on 9/13/2014My husband, cousin and her husband, and myself dined at Blackstone to celebrate my husband's birthday. The waiter was extremely attentive and even had a candle in my husband's delicious desert and brought other waiters to our table to serenade him "Happy Birthday"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTccr2012Dined on 9/12/2014All of the food was amazing! Our service was great! They seated us right away. We could comfortably have a conversation with each other. We spent more than we were planning but that's because we splurged on the appetizer and dessert specials of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticK3fornowDined on 9/11/2014This is a must try restaurant! Although a little pricey, the quality of the meal will be worth it. I had the crab cake appy, Filet & Mandarin Orange Cheesecake which were all terrific and I would recommend to all! The service was amazing. Waiter was very attentive and offer many suggestions which was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner placeStanDined on 9/9/2014The service we received, from the Valet parking attendant to the attention that we received from the wait staff and the manager was exceptional. They made sure that the drinks and the food was exactly the way we wanted it.Special Features:
- Extremely DisappointingworldfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I have been to this restaurants many times in the past, years ago, and it was great. Now, not so much. Steaks are overcooked, I even went for a burger one night during the week, it was like a hockey puck. You would be much better off dining in their sister restaurant, Rare 650, where the chef knows how to get the temperature correct on the meat. I don't know what is going on there, but if you like your meat well done, its the right place for you. Otherwise, STAY AWAY!Special Features:
- DessertcdisasDined on 9/7/2014Needs improvement and cigar list needs updating with ratings/new cigars.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantJosephDined on 9/6/2014Have been too Blackstone Steakhouse many times and keep returning. Although there prices are on the high side there service is outstanding and so is the food they prepare. The steaks are so tender they can almost be cut with a fork. Wish they would add crème brule to the menu, that's the only desert missing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedFancypantsDined on 9/5/2014I had thought blackstone would be an amazing steakhouse. However, the server really pushed their seafood selection and the steak wasn't the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- A must for Great Sushi Steak WineTellersloverVIPDined on 9/5/2014Blackstone's is a must for great sushi, fish, steak and wine (nice selection of interesting cocktails as well). Wine list is extensive, the sommelier is personable, knowledgeable with perfect recommendations of the most interesting, great wines served in an elegant decanter. So many wonderful steak selections, sushi is fresh and delicious. Service is top notch. Serving staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and top notch. If you have not tried, Blackstone's is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Too LoudItsjolaDined on 9/4/2014Brought clients here for dinner after a round of golf. The food was great and the service perfect. My Lobster Bisque was superb and I followed that up with the Chilean Sea Bass, which was the best I've had. Others in he group ordered the Lamb Chops, Swoardfish, and filet - and their opinions were similar. It was difficult, however, to carry on a conversation due to the loud music from a DJ located in the same air space/room - but that is my only complaint. I will certainly visit again, but will ask for a more quiet location within the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best of EverythingRickDined on 9/3/2014Long Island offers many good Steak/Sushi restaurants. All provide good food and have good to excellent wine lists while offering a good pour. None meet the high standards of excellence provided by Blackstone both in quality of food and especially their extraordinary service.Special Features:
- Great experience!!SojournerDined on 9/2/2014Went to celebrate a friend's birthday and it was a true dining experience. The hostess was warm and welcoming, the wait staff exceptional, and the food ... the food was worth every penny. What a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensivemillyDined on 9/1/2014I always liked coming to Blackstone for special occasions. BUT, for the price we paid, we got NOTHING. For example, I had 1 crabmeat cocktail for starters and a 8 oz lobster tail for an entrée. No sides were included and no salads. My husband had 1 doz. oysters and a starter of Kobe beef tiny strips cooked at the table. Also fried stringy onions. I had a cup of coffee and a desert and we had 3drinks. The bill amounted to: With tip - $260. Not for the average person...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/31/2014best steak around the area with great cocktails and sushi too.Special Features:
- very priceyDoc1Dined on 8/31/2014While the food is good and the service like-wise, you pay a lot for both.Special Features:
- High quality steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Went here on Friday night. Very nice atmosphere we arrived just before the rush. Badi was an excellent server made us feel very comfortable from the get go. Youre going to drop a few bucks here...but it's worth it for a special occasion or nice date. Would definitely go back. Filet was very good, creamed spinach was really good, I've had better crab cakes, but overall it was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joenorthportDined on 8/27/2014it was a great experience once again. to be honest the wine list was extensive but really way over priced A bottle of 40 year Anniversary Caymus that sells in a wine shop for $ 62.00 was billed at $ 180.00 That is a NY City price and not worthy of Farmingdale Long Island Overall service, food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatKidsarepeople2Dined on 8/27/2014We have enjoyed quiet dinners for 2 and hosted a party for 20 in a private room. Blackstone never disappoints. Great drinks, food and service.Special Features:
- best yet.dineNwineDined on 8/25/2014It was my wife's birthday and I needed somewhere special to celebrate,so I remembered that I've been there one time before and absoluty loved it.Called and made some dining reservations for us,it was so easy that after that all we had to do was show up.got there at 7pm,it was all about how they placed us at our table to the service we got,must say it was the best.my wife had a great time.We will defiantly revisite soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miyochunmiyochunDined on 8/25/2014I have been here numerous time on business with my clients and every time the outcome is complete satisfaction! The service is great from the moment you walk through the door. The seafood tower and sushi are delicious. The menu has something for everyone. I prefer the patio room seating. It is a little quieter and cozy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great-no exceptions!ScottyVIPDined on 8/25/2014This was probably my 50th time here. Cant get enough. Just awesome!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceEspoDined on 8/23/2014It was a fantastic evening. It was an anniversary and our servers made sure that the evening went perfectly. You have two servers, and we unfortunately did not "gel" with one of the servers (not that he was bad, we just didn't connect). He must have noticed because it went from a 50/50 split to a 75/25 split with the other server being there more. Very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was great. We love a good steakhouse and this place is top notch. The service really was impeccable, very attentive but not overwhelming, perfect balance. To top it all off, when my lady went to the bathroom our server asked what her favorite desert was and for our names and made a great desert platter for us saying "Happy Anniversary" GO NOW. BOOK IT!!Special Features:
- always a good mealBuonnnnnVIPDined on 8/23/2014the place is beautiful the food is always good and the service is the best...
- LunchNewtonDined on 8/22/2014Excellent lunch- the food was great - service excellent and there was space around to have a good business discussionSpecial Features:
- never disappointsOwooblyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Blackstone is always very good , even excellent! The servers a knowledgable. Meat/seafood/sushi always top notch. great wine list...I never had a bad or even mediocre meal there. I will say that it's expensive; however I don't mind high prices if you have consistently high quality. ( which they do) They do have pretty good specials on Monday nights. weekends can be a bit crazySpecial Features:
- Great service!LEB1234Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I went there this last Saturday night. He ordered crabs and I had a steak. My wine had a fly in it and they of course, gave me a new glass. My steak was chewy and they were nice about it and gave us a "free" desert. I liked the ambiance of the place but the food was okSpecial Features:
- Upscale service and foodDinnerreview1Dined on 8/16/2014I was surprised how casual but up scale it was. It wasn't overcrowded and it was a energetic atmosphere. The tables were spaced far enough apart so we didn't feel crowded. My wife and I ordered Filet Mignon and the Lobster tail, the server even offered to remove it from the shell and cut it in half for us! The lobster tasted creamy and sweet, the only complaint I have it the tail was luke warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior DiningLuv2dineDined on 8/15/2014A must go to. great ambiance, food, mood, a great place to take that special someone on a date they will never forget.Special Features:
- Great for steakConsistentVIPDined on 8/15/2014Meats were of the quality you pay for? We had veal chops and they were ample and cooked well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Got a nice table. Ordered lots of appetizers rather than large dinner. For the most part the food was good but for the price it should be very good. I enjoyed the kobe beef you cook on a stone. Also order a chicken cesear salad. They were very generous with the amount of chicken but the chciken needed to be cut into smaller pieces, the lettuce needed to be a lot colder and the dressing was so so. the rest of the appetizer, mac&cheese, lobster bisque, some bacon dish were goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25 th AnniversaryKel64Dined on 8/13/2014It was a very nice place to celebrate our special day. The food was awesome and I would recommend this place for any special occasion that you might have. It's very expensive, Manhattan prices for sure, but it was well worth it for our big night out.Special Features:
- Special OccasionjpalDined on 8/13/2014Blackstone Steakhouse is elegant, romantic and fabulous. With that said, don't expect a moderate bill for an exceptional place with exceptional food. This is a fabulous restaurant for special occasions or when you are trying to win over that client. Blackstone takes care of everything from start to finish. The steaks are superb and the Chilean Sea Bass is above the rest.. Skip Rothmans and Rare650 go straight here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marcDined on 8/11/2014Great VALET SERVICE, mAITRE d was welcoming, good food, wait staff was friendly and accomodating but service was a tad bit slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...SteakloverDined on 8/10/2014I have been to blackstone many many times (mostly for the sushi) and although it is a good steakhouse there are steakhouses that are much much better on long island. The only thing that is absolutely exceptional is (like i mentioned before) the sushi. The only reason i give the service 5 stars is because after i complained about the terrible piece of meat that they dubbed "rib eye," as compensation, they brought out a free order of kobe steak on a hot rock for free. That was incredible. And if you want that meat instead of normal steak, i hope you worked overtime the night before.Special Features:
- Service!!!Eck103Dined on 8/7/2014Service is second to none!!!!! You never feel rushed and can stay as long as you want. You can take your time to order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.